NeuzaKC
Stan.

Old 03-07-2011, 07:12 PM

As the title suggests, this topic is all about our fluffy (or feathery, or anything else) friends! So basically, tell us what your pet or pets are like. The more the merrier!

I used to have tons of pets, I'll be honest, though they have been decreasing over the years (poor fellas) and now I'm down to two lovely furry doggies and two turtles.

My first ever pets were a female parakeet (called Laurinha) and a female puppy soon named Lady (From Lady and the Tramp). I got angry at the parakeet when my mother told me she ate my pacifier and never again did I have parakeets, only canaries. But yes, I am aware that was a scheme so I'd lay off the rubber. XD Parakeets still annoy the hell out of me, though. Lady had to be given way for safety reasons. I was very young and she was of a medium size and very jumpy, so in addition to jumping up and down frantically whenever we had visitors, she'd scare the little kids (she was my size when I was five, imagine), so she had to be given away. I felt a bit sad and still do for that, but I do recall one time being so afraid of her, as she was running towards me, and I kicked her away. Poor doggy.

After that I had tons (literally tons) of canaries, usually paired up, one female and a male. We actually got to breed them for years and years, and were even so lucky as to watch one of our canaries give birth to a beautiful white canary with bright red eyes. It was such a bliss, since we had only yellow and brown canaries. With the breeding, though, came a lesson that the different canaries were from birth pushed away, so my family had to take care of Gizmo (the only black canary from five yellow ones, and yes, Gizmo from the Gremlins movie) from birth or he would have died.

Actually, all my canaries died eventually. Sad story. I forgot to feed them.

(murderer)

I also used to have like thirty fishies and breed them too, but they all died from several outbursts of that darned disease that is common with aquarium fishes. But before you think I'm some kind of sadist, as these stories aren't making me look too good. XD I have had two turtles for a few years now, one of them the size of the palm of my hand, and another one a bit smaller, who loves to climb up to the bigger one's back when they're not almost killing each other at dinner time.

And, my two wonderful puppies of course, whom I love to bits!

Excuse the horrible quality. Not the greatest photographer, I am. They're in reverse, as in, the bigger dog is the youngest and the smallest is the oldest of the two. They're both mixed breeds, though the smallest is half poodle. I am most certainly not kidding. They are both females. The oldest is twelve years old and the youngest is ten years younger. They were both the last puppies of the litter to be given away and we took them both because we were their only hope; no one wanted them so the mother's owners wanted to send them away.

The oldest just likes to sleep in that flower we bought for her and be left alone, though she does love my lap. The youngest, however, is a laugh, she is. She likes to run through our backyard and hop to the wall sideways. If anyone has a dog, do any of yours do that? I'm really curious.

Anyway, I'd better wrap this up, it's getting long.

tl;dr, if you have any pets: What are they like? What do you love about them? I'd love to hear about it, as I'm such an animal lover. (:

P.S.: Didn't see a thread like this yet, which is odd. If there is one and I missed it, let me know!

BlackEggIceBird
*^_^*

Old 03-07-2011, 09:16 PM

I have a dog and a cat. My cat is 1years old he is a male. We named him po. And goodness we love him so much its crazy :heart: our dog Marley stole our hearts when we first saw him. Also, broke my heart because he was a baby and a stray. But we can't picture ourselves without him. He is so full of life and is always happy to see us.

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 03-07-2011, 10:14 PM

I love my 6year old Yorkie Chihuahua mix breed her name is Pippi.

she is a pain in but at times but is really sweet dog. this little brat was born on Halloween of 2004 but for a dog born on that day she is huge sacred cat.

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 03-07-2011, 11:19 PM

I'm not even going to mention past pets because I would pretty much be writing a book. XD I'm a huge critter person and have always had a lot of pets.

Currently, I have a dog, five cats, five bearded dragons, two snakes, a zebra finch, a ferret, and somewhere around 35-40 or so mice and roaches. All of my pets with the exception of mice and roaches, who are actually feeders, were rescues. People know I'm a critter person and tend to dump animals off on me. XD

My dog is a Maltese/Yorkie mix. She's a cute little white fluff ball. Her name is Ferra and she was born at a local shelter here. I have a Mainecoon named Fidget that's around 9 years old. He was found wondering the streets as a kitten. My seal point Siamese (Mocha) and black cat (Bagheera) are brothers. They were found only a few days old in someone's backyard. I hand raised them because they didn't have a mom. My Himalayan, Jasmine, was found under someone's front porch and my mom's friend rescued her and took care of her until she was 8 weeks old. My last kitty, Sadira, belonged to a lady that didn't even bother feeding her. She was so skinny when I got her but has since gained a bunch of weight and looks great! Sad thing is that the lady said she had four other cats at her house that I was unable to convince her to give up. =(

As for the reptiles, the ball python, Skip, came from a pet store I used to work at. He's blind in one eye so he can't see very well so I got to adopt him since the shop could not sell him. My California King snake, Bettie, also came from the same store. He was at the store for over a year and I adopted him because he was getting too big to stay in his enclosure.

My one dragon, Edward, was purchased by a lady for her son. He wasn't taking care of him so she returned him to the store but Edward was really sick so I adopted him and nursed him back to health. Today he's a fat happy dragon. XD I also adopted another dragon, Adonis, from the store because he is missing a foot. He also had vitamin deficincies from not being taken care of at the vendor where the shop gets their reptiles from. He was so bad that I though he was going to die. Thankfully he made it and is perfectly healthy now.

Ryou, my white dragon actually was an impulse "adoption". A man was going to dump him off at a Petco but the store would not take him. He was walking out of the store and I was walking into the store when I noticed he was carrying a dragon. I told him I thought he was really pretty then he asked me if I wanted him because his daughter wasn't taking care of him so I took him.

Diamond was another sad case where someone just did not want to take care of him. I got from someone that knew nothing about dragons and their other dragon nearly killed Diamond due to territorial fighting which is why dragons should never be housed together. He's missing half of his tail and nearly all of his toes. He's one of the sweetest dragons that i have.

My last dragon, Sierra, came from yet another person that blindly bought a pet not knowing how to take care of her. I took in her and her sister, who was not lucky enough to make it. =( When I got her, she could not even lift her head. She had severe metabolic bone disease (Very very soft bones) and a severe respiratory infection. Not only that but the old owner had left crickets in her enclosure and they ate a hole right through the bottom of her jaw. Honestly, she shouldn't have lived but after having surgery on her jaw and a few rounds of antibiotics, hand feedings, and a lot of TLC, she got healthy. She's missing half her tongue but still manages to eat on her own. She's a little pistol and has such an attitude but I love her anyway. XD

My ferret, Kitty, came from yet another person who just saw a cute pet and knew nothing about them. He was feeding her treats and no real food. Lastly, my finch also came from someone who just "got tired" of hearing him singing. It's quite obvious that zebra finches are pretty talkative so I'm not quite too sure what she was thinking.

I think I accounted for everyone that lives with me right now. XD

I also foster cats and small pets on occasion so there's always someone in and out of the house.

Last edited by Mystic; 03-07-2011 at 11:21 PM..

AerieFlew
Flew? You could say that... ~
Send a message via AIM to AerieFlew

Old 03-08-2011, 12:21 AM

Oh goodness, everyone's pets sound so wonderful!!!
I love animals so very much.
-.- minus insects. EWWWWWWWW.

So any who, I have two kitties, two doggies, two birdies, and eleven chickens!

First of all, the chickens are for eggs but they are also our pets. We play with them all the time. I love holding one of them, he is super fluffy, and carrying him around under my arm. They are all fairly nice actually which is a shock since they tend not to like humans so much and my little cousin tortures them. We had more, but the darn poodles across the street ate them!!! One was mine specifically. He had a beautiful dark green face and I had named it Gerin. Tis super cute, used to play with me when it was a little chicky. Tis dead now though... T.T

So moving on >~>

The birds. -.-
These things are pretty much my mortal enemies. One is a parrot named Pickle. He is super depressed, I call him the emo bird, and he picks his feathers out. Poor thing looks sickly but he really isn't. The other one is some grey kind of bird. It's name is sweetie bird. Let me make this perfectly clear... There is NOTHING sweet about either of these birds. They are loud, obnoxious, violent, and just plain out mean. I go to change their cage and SQUAK SQUAK PECK PECK is all they do to me. Evil little buggers...

>~> yeahs I'll keep going haha...

Then there are the doggies. One is a pit bull and her name is Justice. She smells bad. The other is a Beagle and his name is Suki. Suki is a big woos!!! He is so funny!!! He is just this big barker and cutie thing, but he is just a big wimp in all reality. He is my love bug though. He cuddles with me every single night and is just such a sweet thing. He gives me soft little kisses and just... Gosh I love him. -.- Justice on the other hand... I deal with her. She is annoying as heck though. She takes up my whole dang bed, farts and stinks it up, bleeds all over my bed (she has sores from her licking herself) and she is just generally gross. I don't like her.

:D now!!

I have two AMAZING kitties!
Well okays. I have a female Calico named Fruitums. She and I don't actually get along... But I still love her. She is literally mentally challenged so she goes around melding Nd running into Walls the poor thing...

:D my other kitty though..
Bootsin. He is MY baby. He is my pride and joy, love of my life, best friend, companion, baby, brother, husband, and everything in between. I have had him since I was four. He is so amazing.. He is a Norwegian Forest cat with GORGEOUS fur and this cute little mane. His face looks majestic, like a prince. He has grey and black fur that falls right proper and is never snarled. He cuddles with me before bed every night. Whenever I cry, he is there to make me all better. He is just the perfect little kitty. No matter what I do to him, he always comes to me and makes me so happy again. I love him tehehe...

So anyways, those are all of my pets!!
I may add pictures later if I can :)

Mika Rose
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-08-2011, 12:32 AM

I used to have a lot more pets, but currently I have four cats.

I actually still have this one cat that I got when I was in preschool. He's pretty much evil though. All of my cats are either completely antisocial or so friendly that they literally will not leave you alone and climb all over you whenever you're trying to do anything.

I used to have rodents all the time, though. It started when I got a mouse in elementary school, but it only lived a week. I remember looking in its cage one day, and I thought it was just sleeping on its back in a funny position. Then, my dad told me it was dead. At least I didn't have time to get too attached to that particular pet. xD

After that, I got my first two gerbils, named Acorn and Daisy. They were pretty much my favorite pets I've ever had; I was obsessed with those CritterTrail cages they made and I built basically a whole city of cages for them. I also got those exercise balls for them and would take them outside in them, and occasionally I would let them run free through my bathroom and make videos of them. Unfortunately, Daisy died about a year after I got them, but I got another one to replace her, named Snowflake. I didn't know it at the time, but getting Acorn and Snowflake to get along took A LOT of work, but eventually it worked.

Snowflake was at least partially blind, and she would always lean from side to side when she stood in order to try to focus her vision. I have videos of it, and for some reason my friends are really amused by watching it. xD

After that, I also got two other gerbils from another pet store, where they assured me that they were both females. Needless to say, they weren't, and I soon ended up with four additional baby gerbils. But raising them was a lot of fun, and watching them grow up.

I also had guinea pigs for a while. Contrary to what all the books would have you believe, they're actually really, really boring. Or mine were, anyway. >.>

NeuzaKC
Stan.

Old 03-08-2011, 06:04 PM

Mystic: Oh gosh you have so many pets! I'm such an animal lover, but I could never have those many pets. I wouldn't have the money to take good enough care of them, so obviously I can't have them. But it's so wonderful that you adopted so many lovely animals, you must have such a big heart. ^^

And AerieFlew: my mother once bought a chickie in hopes she's grow into a chicken and lay eggs for us. The poor fella lasted about a week. One night she got into my dog's bed (the smaller one in the pic), the next morning we woke up to a surprisingly heavy dose of blood and feathers. I laughed, but I'm not a good person. My mother had to clean the whole thing up, though in fairness, there was not much to be cleaned... My dog must've been hungry. So I guess dogs eating chickens must be pretty common.

Love4Dreams
...I got my head in the clouds.....

Old 03-08-2011, 11:23 PM

I have one dog, names Luna. She's nine years old, and it's showing >.> she is black, but she has grey hair's. She sleeps all day, but once we grab the leash she jumps up. She loves walking. But she doesn't like intruders. Nor other dogs...She likes chasing squirrels...But she likes cat's for some reason :/

This is the younger her. I don't really have any recent photo's of her...She was like, seven in this pic.

My dad just got a Fishtank, so we are going to get some fish soon.

Mystic
(ο・㉨・&...

Old 03-09-2011, 05:00 AM

@NeuzaKC: Yeah, that's all I spend my money on pretty much. XD My pets are spoiled rotten!

Explodey
rock is dead.long live scissors!

Old 03-09-2011, 05:03 AM

My cat just recently had kittens. I love them all- they each are cute as buttons (well, no, more like cute as kittens) but they drive me crazy running around and knocking things over and failing to learn about the litterbox and all. I'm also sort of allergic to them and sick of having to kick back allergy pills every day lest I sneeze incessantly, so I'm also going to be glad when they are all adopted.

Roxxxy
Sex Bomb

Old 03-09-2011, 06:04 AM

I have a 17 year old blue tabby named Nichol Maree. She is my baby girl, and I don't know what I would do without her. She has been my best friend for 17 years! Then I have a 4 year old fat grey and white cat named Cleopatra Anne. We just call her Cleo. I have a 3 year old rescue dog, a Jack Russell mix, named Mercedes Benz. She is such a goof! I love all my girls :heart: