Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 02-16-2013, 07:21 PM

The Heart's Flame Resort

Many years ago there was a train of gypsies in these woods, setting up camp every valentine's day. They would reveal fortunes for couples and sell love charms and other such things. They said they returned to these woods every year because of the innate magic of the Enchanted woods and to communicate with the spirits there. The people welcomed the wanderers and it became tradition.

One year, however, there a strange woman came with them. Her forehead was marked with a blue jewel the same color as the sea and she was accompanied by an oddly intelligent cat with a matching gemstone. The gypsies seemed to both revere and fear her. Her fortunes were even more accurate then the gypsies and her charms seemed more powerful.

Time passed and the woman stayed behind while the gypsies left. She soon created a beautiful inn and resort at the woods lake, the spirits and creatures of the forest allowing her as they had none before her. Now it is said if a couple meets at the Inn, or an existing couple says vows there that they will be eternally bound. For this reason, as well as the safety it offers from the creatures of the enchanted wood, hundreds flock to the Inn whether singles looking for love or couples desiring eternal love. She provides fortunes and charms for those who she seems to think deserve it, providing romance and mystery for the peoples of Menewsha!

((to Join just post a url or clickable thumbnail (to avoid page stretching) of a picture for your character(s) or a brief text description then post ^.^))

Aoi Kazuya
"I'm nobody, who are you?"

Old 02-16-2013, 08:45 PM

((ahhhhhh! Stariaaaaaa~!))

Elyssa

Valentine's Day. Pheh. Why was it such a big deal anyway? Elyssa wandered down a random path her feet had taken her. All it meant was that people were acting even more lovey-dovey than they normally did. It sickened her. Which was why she was wandering around in these woods. She'd been told time and time again to stay away from them, but it seemed to be the only place where she wouldn't run into overly affectionate public displays of love.

She paused and tilted her head when she thought she heard something. it had probably just been her imagination. As she continued walking, she finally decided to look around and found that she had absolutely no idea where she was. that would be worrisome when it got dark out.

Even the thought of being lost in the woods didn't seem to bother her much though. Elyssa just couldn't be bothered today of all days. Eventually she found herself on the shores of a lake and...was that an inn? In the woods? She wasn't one to listen to gossip or rumors, so as a result, she'd never heard of the inn in the woods. She approached cautiously before raising a hand to knock on the door before trying the door handle and pushing the door open.

"Hello?"

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 02-16-2013, 08:50 PM

((Aoi *pounces*))

"Hello my dear, you appear as if you could use a bit of a rest. Would you like a room?" came a lightly french accented voice from the desk. The good lady sitting there smiled at the darker haired woman as she stood, a white cat draped around her shoulders like a fur stole. The cat raised it's head and yawned in that gaping way cats did as the gypsy lady swept her skirts to the side so they fell into place rather then clinging to the chair. Every step seemed full of care and grace, a strange power in the woman's ice blue eyes. She dipped her head in a bow to the other woman, her hat doing little to obscure the gem on her forehead. She seemed unashamed of it really and answered few questions about it.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 02-16-2013, 09:04 PM

((:is pounced on: haha~ How are you~?))

Elyssa blinked when she was greeted by the woman, and watched with interest as she stood. what an elegant person...

"A room?" Did she want to stay? Well...she certainly didn't want to return home yet. "Yes...a room sounds lovely. How much would it cost?" She didn't carry much with her, but she was sure she'd have enough to cover at least a night or two. It was really strange to find an inn out here though, considering everything she'd eard about the woods this inn resided in.

"That is a beautiful cat." She complimented when she saw the animal. She might not have cared much for other humans but she had a soft spot for animals. And anyway, she could be nice. the woman could have turned her away instead of inviting her to stay.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 02-16-2013, 09:14 PM

((Ill with a stupid infection in my throat and ear xD but otherwise good. You?))

"Only a couple coppers for a week's stay. Meals are included." The french lady responded with another of her small but welcoming smiles. What she asked was no more then a couple days supply of bread so few really knew how she managed it. It was likely via the sale of her readings, charms, and potions. She always managed to get quite a demand, whether for love or luck. That tended to happen when they actually worked, though no one was quite sure how. The magic she used was neither gypsy or traditional but some fusion of the two with her own spiritual magic.

"And thank you, he is my eternal companion and we both appreciate your admiration." She responded with an elegant curtsy. She seemed like she belonged more in the french court then here.... Yet when such was said she simply laughed and said the inn and the forest suited her. If pressed for why she simply shook her head as if amused. Love interested her was the best that any had received. With her love affairs, with both male and female guests, however that was hardly a surprise.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 02-16-2013, 09:38 PM

((awww ): I'm pretty good today actually :) ))

A couple of coppers for the week? Elyssa decided not to question it, since it wasn't really her place to do so and instead reached into a hidden pocket in her skirt and pulled out a bunch of the coins there. "Would this be enough?"

This woman really was different from the girls that Elyssa knew. She didn't seem like the type to gossip or talk rude of another behind their backs. And she seemed to have come straight out from a royal court or something. Elyssa curtsied in response. "Thank you for allowing me a room in your inn. I...really appreciate it."

Be nice. Don't be snarky. Don't offend others. Don't speak your mind. Those were all things that had been drilled into Elyssa's head since she was little. She didn't care much for those lessons, but she did at least strive to be polite when she felt that there was no reason to be otherwise.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 02-16-2013, 09:46 PM

((that's good ^.^))

"More then enough my dear, and I always enjoy new lovely guests" responded the woman with a chuckle and an amused tone. She counted out a few then returned the rest, her gloved hand moving with quick rather bird like movements yet still retaining her usual grace. She tilted her head to the side as the woman curtsied and made a small comment in french beneath her breath. It surprised her a little to find someone return her gestures. She did wonder at it for reasons of her own but soon had motioned to one of the quartet of identical maids to come to the desk. The frilly maid outfit suited the other woman as she sat down, manning the desk.

"Would you like to see your room and the dinning room? Or perhaps a simple card reading?" She inquired, holding out her hand slightly as if for the other to take. She seemed to take a very hands on approach to running her business.... her and the four identical sister maids. They seemed able to take care of any amount of guests really. Some believed it was because of their magic, the others never said.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 02-17-2013, 02:05 AM

"My room, please." She tugged a bit at the ends of her hair with a hand, not wanting to take the woman's hand. it wasn't to be rude or anything, she was just...uncomfortable with physical contact with other people. Aside from that...everything was so...pretty and elegant. She probably should have been a bit creeped out, but it was all so much more intriguing than scary. She'd never seen anything like this place or these people, it was a bit...out there, wasn't it? Probably had something to do with magic, an art she didn't quite understand.

"This place is really nice...I actually didn't know it was out here. How do you normally get customers?" Elyssa was curious, it wasn't a bad thing to ask questions right? She looked around, wondering if there were other patrons within the building at the moment.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 02-17-2013, 02:20 AM

"Word of mouth mainly. There are actually even a few myths about this place but I am more intrigued as to why you came" The french woman said softly, her accent stronger for her mirth. She seemed to shrug as if saying the myths and reasons others came were nothing important. She then placed a hand on the small of the other woman's back to gently begin guiding her upstairs to where the rooms were. She knew there was likely a few residents wandering around, including an odd shape-shifting mouse that made residence at the place and played a game with her cat now and then. What games they played depended on the fickle cat's mood who was often a mystery even to the lady it choose to serve.

"All the rooms are up here my dear, yours will be on the second floor as you got here before the rush"

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 02-17-2013, 07:38 PM

Xandros had been there for a few days already, it was a nice enough place, well as far as he could tell. He had only seen the main entrance for a while and after that had confined himself to his room. He refused to eat, he had no appetite, and he had done nothing but sleep a lot. Xandros found himself feeling a little better on this day though, he wasn't sure why. His heart was broken though, and he wasn't sure it could ever be put back together again.

The once bodyguard paced his room, deciding if he should be social. It was rude, the way he had confined himself to his room like that after he had been shown to it. He ran a gloved hand through his hair and turned towards the door. His cloak he left folded neatly on a chair in the room, with his sword belt and sheathed sword laying a top it. Slowly Xandros opened the door and stepped outside of his room, he closed the door behind him. Perhaps he would go and find something to nibble on, perhaps something sweet or fruity. His appetite hadn't really come back but he figured something should be put into his stomach.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 02-17-2013, 07:54 PM

"Xandros we have a new guest. Perhaps you should introduce yourself..... but after you eat 'Ma belle petite'. There is some freshly picked fruit on the dinning table." The good lady said with a bit of a teasing tone and a hint of chiding reproach as she soon had the other woman in front of her freshly rented room. As they both had arrived early their rooms were not too far from each other. She spoke as if she knew he was thinking of fruit but that was not rare. She often seemed to know far more then she revealed about people's hearts and minds though no mind reading ability was sensed in her. Perhaps it was her cards.... she said she could see anything with them, perhaps she was not lying.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 02-17-2013, 08:25 PM

Xandros bowed slightly to the two, mumbling a soft greeting of 'my ladies'. He nodded at the good lady's suggestion of introducing himself later, after he had eaten. Though Xandros wasn't sure he would introduce himself after he had eaten, he hadn't decided how social he would be today and he might just return to hiding in his room. Absently he noted how close his room was to the new guest's, as he politely turned from the two and headed down stairs. He moved to where the dinning table was and plucked an apple from it's resting place.

He nibbled at the apple as he moved across the room, just aimless wandering really. Once he found a window though, Xandros would stop at it and stand there, peering out of it and just watching the landscape before him. It would take him quite a while to eat his apple, since he was only taking tiny bites out of it.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 02-17-2013, 10:37 PM

Elyssa was silent as she was led up the stairs and to her room. She took a peak at the man, but said nothing, seemingly shrinking into herself. She waited until he was gone before turning to the woman. "Thank you for showing me my room...I'm sorry. I didn't get a name. Can I ask you what you are called?"

Elyssa wasn't good with strangers, especially males after what had happened. But until she'd gotten introduced to this...Xandos, she probably would not be approaching him herself. She fiddled with the hem of her skirt, trying to keep from bolting into her newly acquired room to compose herself again. She wouldn't barricade herself in there, but she would need a moment before she would feel up to exploring the rest of the inn.

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 02-17-2013, 11:29 PM

Elizabeth, or as she preferred to be called, Liza, dashed around the trees, and almost fell into the lake. She stared for a moment at the inn, once she'd regained her balance.

"So it DOES exist." Liza grinned from ear to ear.

She'd always had a love of everything magical and romantic. She'd followed the directions the legends gave, and she'd ended up finding a REAL place. She'd assumed that most myths weren't true, but it seemed that at least one of the myths surrounding the resort was true.

Provided this WAS the resort. She didn't know. The legends had gotten vague by the time they reached her hometown.

She straightened her clothes out and walked in about as composed as she could be. The people who knew her knew she was a bit on the eccentric side, but she tried to hide that from people she didn't know a thing about. Why put all of herself on her sleeve all at once?

Liza smiled. "Hello. Is this the Heart's Flame Resort?"

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 02-18-2013, 12:36 AM

((sorry, fever is being mean today >.< ))

"Evageline Boniface is what many call my name, but most call me Eva. Dinner will be at six my dear, I hope to see you there" She said to the young woman after watching the male leave with a thoughtful expression. She gave the other woman a warm smile and curtsied once more. As she heard the voice of a new entrance she bowed gracefully and said a soft 'begging your pardon' before she turned and glided down the hallway. She was down the stairs quickly enough and stood before the other woman.

"Yes, and I am Lady Boniface though you may call me Eva. Would you like a room?" She asked softly, her voice tinged with that usual accent and a touch of amusement. The other woman looked rather pixieish to her she thought absently, remembering another pixie woman. She had been a lovely girl..... a bit mischievous for her own good but a lovely girl. Eva put the thoughts aside and focused on the woman before her once more as she curtsied. She knew her maid, they were such good maids, would take care of it if needed but she did like meeting her guests.

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 02-18-2013, 01:23 AM

Dimitri found the forest to be a peaceful place. He was satisfied with his decision to get away for a while and just wander from place to place. This was really a good idea. At least out here I don’t have people telling me what I can and can’t do. That stupid father of mine, thinking he can force me into a marriage just to save his failing company. Ha, like I’d let him use me like one of those weak minded men on the board. I’m not his pawn and I never will be. He built that company and ignored his family. He can just save it by himself the same way he built it. Without realizing it his hand had formed into fists as he thought about his foolish and selfish father. That man was the reason his mother died when he was a child and he wouldn’t ever forgive him for that.

The black haired male really wasn’t paying attention to were he was going and by this point had gotten himself lost. “I just had to wander off the trail didn’t it?” He laughed lightly at himself. It shouldn’t be that hard to find the trail again if he back tracked right? He turned and went back the way he thought he had came, but things didn’t look one bit familiar to him. Did I really come this way? A sigh came from the young man as he stood there trying to figure out if he was really going the right way. In the distance he seen a sign or something. Maybe he was going the right way. Dimitri walked over to the sign; it said ‘Heart’s Flame Resort’ and had an arrow pointing down a small path. “A resort all the way out here? How strange,” he muttered to himself. He shrugged and headed down the path. At least if there was one he could get some rest or at the very least get directions.

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 02-18-2013, 02:20 AM

"Eva." Liza grinned ear-to-ear. "Yes, I'd definitely like a room. How much would it be?"

Liza couldn't believe it. Eva had a gem in her forehead, just like the legend said. Before Liza could let her mind run wild, though, she stopped thinking about the legends. Eva was real. The Resort was real as well. She couldn't let all the ideas she'd had in the past about this place cloud her judgement.

"My name's Elizabeth, though people call me Liza." Liza said, trying to keep from bouncing on her heels.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 02-18-2013, 02:25 AM

"Two coppers is all Lady Liza" She responded, seeming to chuckle at the other woman's exuberance even as she curtsied to the other woman. She glanced towards the door as if sensing someone's approach. She glanced towards her cat and stood slowly. As she did she seemed to whisper to the cat. The cat then stretched lazily and seemed to yawn. It turned those bottomless black eyes to the girl before leaping and heading through a small hidden door. Nothing else seemed to exit or enter through it, as if protected. It would walk to the man outside and sit expectantly in front of him before attempting to lead him inside.

Aoi Kazuya

Old 02-18-2013, 02:29 AM

Elyssa nodded and watched Eva leave before turning to enter her temporary room. She opened the door and entered before closing the door softly and then stepping closer to the bed where she took a seat on the edge of. She looked around the room. It was really nice considering this was an inn in the middle of the woods. She didn't think anything else could really surprise her after this. She noticed the window seat and got up before going over to it.

"I'll go down and meet people in a bit." she promised herself. There was no point in holing herself up even if she felt uncomfortable around strangers. She'd just have to slowly work at meeting new people. She could do that.

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 02-18-2013, 03:32 AM

The man was about to start down the path when a cat came and sat in front of him. “You must be from the resort, huh little kitty,” he asked looking down at the white cat with a blue jewel on it’s forehead. Thinking about it things had started out strange this morning so at this point he was just going with the flow. “Shall we go there,” he asked the cat. Mentally he slapped himself for talking to the cat the way he was. Had he really become so lonely that he needed to talk to animals even though he knew well they wouldn’t answer him or say anything in return? He began to wonder when he had become so lonely. Searching through his mind, he could find no answer. The blue eyed man let the cat lead the way to the resort.

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 02-18-2013, 03:46 AM

Almost immediately, Liza had the coppers, plus two gold pieces, in her hand, which was outstretched to Ava. "Lovely! Absolutely lovely." She shifted her weight from foot to foot. "I've heard so many wonderful things about this place. Thank you for letting me stay here." She adjusted her glasses with her free hand. "Please do accept the extra- it truly is the least I can do."

Last edited by CADFND; 02-18-2013 at 04:04 AM..

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 02-18-2013, 07:32 AM

Xandros looked up from the window he was staring out of when he heard someone else enter the establishment. He would have answered the question, but Eva had appeared just in time. She was good at that it seemed, and rather mysterious. Xandros finished his apple and disposed of the core and he turned those green eyes to Eva and the new guest. Another female. That was alright, after what he had been through men made him a tiny bit jumpy, and eager for his sword in hand. That was part of the reason why he had left his sword upstairs in his room.

Those green eyes caught sight of Eva's cat leaving, and he turned back towards to the window to see if he could see where it was going. That cat was just as mysterious as Eva, and Xandros hadn't even tried communicating with it yet, then again he hadn't really tried communicating with anyone. Except Eva, he had told her everything the night he arrived. Xandros didn't want to think about that, so the thoughts were pushed away and his eyes turned from the window to watch Eva deal with the new guest.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 02-19-2013, 12:48 AM

The cat watched him with a rather bored expression as he spoke. Still as he asked the question a mischievous gleam seemed to enter the feline's eye... and it winked! With that and a nod it took off towards the building, being they were close enough it doubted the man would need a guide now. They were nearly too the door! It had seen how the man hadn't expected it to understand or a reply so it had decided to stir up a little trouble... there was a reason the good french lady kept such a close eye on the creature who chose to appear as a feline. It would then head to the woman in question, jumping on her shoulders once more with a perfectly innocent look. Eva knew it well enough to know it had indeed likely done something the more innocent it looked however, so she muttered something in french before shaking her head and turning back to the guest.

"My precious guest, You really are too kind. I will show you to your room if you like. " She said with a warm smile, chuckling at the woman. She pressed the coins into the usual hidden pocket of her skirt with simple dainty motions before holding out her hand once more to the girl. Her free hand petted the white cat who was still looking off into the distance as if it had done nothing to be suspicious of.... naughty little creature.

CADFND
Determined Writer

Old 02-19-2013, 03:59 AM

"Oh, yes please." Liza said. She gently took Eva's hand, grinning.

She could still only barely believe that she was here. It was a myth, like many others, she had assumed was untrue but wanted to chase down anyway, just for the fun of it. Most of Liza's fun was running around from place to place, trying to determine what was magic and what wasn't. She had a little bit of magic herself, but she wasn't quite sure how to use it.

"Umm... After that, I heard that you do readings?" Liza wasn't sure if it was really a question or if it was more of a statement. One of her flaws was that she would often get too excited to be coherent. She hoped it wasn't the case now.

blueblackrose

Penpal

Old 02-19-2013, 10:00 PM

The man gave the feline a strange look when it winked. He shrugged it off and followed after the cat and it wasn’t very long before the resort was in view. The place was bigger than he had expected. Truthfully he had expected the place to be a little tavern type place that offered lodging, but just called itself a resort. The cat was no longer in sight, but he could find his way from here easily enough. The feline still puzzled him a bit, but he pushed those thoughts to the back of his mind. Before he knew it he was at the door and entering the building.