Azure0rBit
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-06-2007, 03:32 AM

How many people here have played through the GU series?

Seth Belmont

Old 10-08-2007, 05:40 AM

I'm still working on Chapter 1. :| But it is a very fun game.

LordZan
(-.-)zzZ
Send a message via MSN to LordZan

Old 10-08-2007, 05:46 AM

I beat Rebirth in about 36 Hours 100%. I plan to Obtain G.U. 2 and 3 ASAP. of course being short on money Hinders that date to an unannounced time.

Tsukiko

Old 10-08-2007, 12:32 PM

I'm working on two. don't know when I'll do one and three..

Azure0rBit
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-08-2007, 04:27 PM

It'd probably be best to start with one LOL. And yea it's an awesome game. If you ever get the chance I reccomend playing through all three.

Blitz [GKS]
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-09-2007, 07:25 PM

I have yet to play this... I played the .hack//sign infection, and I really liked it, but not enough to buy 3 more games which seem to be almost exactly the same... except for progressing the story that is.

Is this much better? What's different? I really like the character designs from the art I've seen around the net, but I dont see that much change.

Lore
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 10-12-2007, 01:28 AM

To answer Blitz's question, there's a change in the battle system, how weapons and skills work, and there's plenty more to do in the game in general, I think. There's the arena, as well as jobs, and of course, having three classes to be and a storyline to take care of keeps you busy. There's also the whole guild aspect that adds to it.

I would definitely look into it, especially if you liked the original games. The storyline is still just as intricate, but still plenty different as far as I've seen so far.

I've been wanting the second and third game, but like the other person that posted here, I'm currently in a money bind, so I'm not sure when I'll get them, unfortunately. D: I really want to see Hiiragi in game. He's so.. fabulous. xD

Mushy Kylo Hendricks
*^_^*

Old 10-13-2007, 09:02 PM

I'm on volume two of .hack//GU right now, and I have only played the first volume before that. Otherwise, I've never really played a .hack// game before. I have read the manga for Legend of the Twilight and watched a couple of episodes of .hack//SIGN.

I can't say I love it, nor do I hate it. It has definite appeal because of the characters, but the battle system and dungeons get repetitive for me... ^^;

I stick around for the story and characters, which is kind of funny because I generally like to see new areas in games all the time, and I love fighting battles in most games...or at least, games with awesome battle systems. XD If those perks aren't there, then I'm usually not too into the game. Yet I've gotten into a .hack// phase I guess, and the story and characters really are that interesting.