Izzeyl
Knight of Arcana

Old 09-07-2009, 09:27 PM

I don't know how many people have played the game Primal but it's a rather simple puzzle platformer like G.O.W. or the Lagacy of Kain series. Anyway way there is one point in the game where a jar must be put under a dropping door to prop it open allowing you to advance. I see the jar pick it up move it towards the door & test the mechanism to see if it will fit. After seeing how big the door is & how fast it's coming down i figure this jar won't work. I break the jar without putting it under the door & spend the rest of the day backtracking trying to find something i missed. The next day i'm still trying to find my way through when my semi-retarded cousin comes in & says "Dude just put the jar under the door."(side note he never played the game he just watched me play it for a about half a hour running back & forth like a chicken minus one head) After explaining how i don't think they would make it that simple & why it won't work to prove him wrong & save myself some face i put the jar under the door & low & behold it doesn't break & i get through. Palm.... meet face.

Reykins

Old 09-11-2009, 12:05 AM

In Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories, I remember accidentally reloading my cards instead of using a 0 card when the stone guy used his rubble attack and losing my protection from getting killed from it.

Lilikka
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via AIM to Lilikka Send a message via MSN to Lilikka Send a message via Yahoo to Lilikka

Old 09-11-2009, 03:52 AM

Oh man, I'm doing that all the time now that I'm playing Puzzle Quest again! I'm constantly moving the gems to the wrong squares and getting a 5 HP penalty, which generally costs me the match ToT

Of course, there are plenty of other games I do the same thing in. I just can't think of any other examples off the top of my head right now.

Izzeyl
Knight of Arcana

Old 09-13-2009, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilikka View Post
Oh man, I'm doing that all the time now that I'm playing Puzzle Quest again! I'm constantly moving the gems to the wrong squares and getting a 5 HP penalty, which generally costs me the match ToT

Of course, there are plenty of other games I do the same thing in. I just can't think of any other examples off the top of my head right now.

Puzzle quest. "drools"

Mrs.Asphixia
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-01-2010, 05:39 AM

I allowed my sister's 3 children (ages 8,11, and 13) to play Fallout 3. Everything was awesome, that is until... ONE OF THEM ERASED MY 25 HOURS OF GAMEPLAY. Yeah. Thanks. I was a level 17.

Lathrine
theatre major from nurse school

Old 01-01-2010, 06:08 PM

Ello, back again with only one new stupid act as I haven't been playing a lot of games lately. o_o

So years ago I decided I wanted my own Neopets: Darkest Faerie file, rather than share one with my brother, when it's basically his file.. :drool: Simple enough to do, right? I mean, I've only played that first part a jobillion times. So I la-dee-da my way through the first part before making it to the first batch of optional quests. Which I pick up and then promptly forget about- the thing with Darkest Faerie is, well... if you don't do an optional quest when you pick it up, the chances that you'll ever be able to finish it are rare. D| Not my brightest moment, and that's including all of the times I've fallen to my untimely doom because my character started walking on their own.

So while I'm busy forgetting about my optional quests, I get farther in the story line and find myself in the mountains. In a hurry to progress faster, I pop over to a save point and my brain goes on autodrive momentarily, mashing the X button through all of the various windows saying "HEY YOU'RE OVER WRITING THIS FILE YOU SURE YOU WANNA?" After the last warning box it hits me- I'm on the wrong file and just overwrote my brother's 75% finished file with 40+ hours of gameplay on it... with my 20% complete file. Shiiiiii- >_<;

In Okami, I managed to make it through almost the entire game without fatfingering something, falling to my death, or any number of stupid mistakes. Of course it had to be too good to be true, as I found out upon reaching what was essentially a Point of No Return- Once I entered, there was no going back. So I was raving on about how I absolutely had to save another file outside so that I could go finish all of my optional quests, then finish the game. Naturally, despite the fact I'd just been ranting about it, I completely forgot until five seconds after I had said that I was ready to enter the point of no return and triggered the cut scene.

D'oh!

Popcorn Gun
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Penpal

Old 01-01-2010, 06:10 PM

Mine is the classic turning the game off, and forgetting to save.
x' P
Biggest.
Waste.
Ever.

D 'x

sailor star rainbow
\(@O@)ʌ...

Old 01-04-2010, 10:51 PM

I am huge klutz at times when I had a GBA. I had just beaten a game called Hamtaro Ham Ham heartbreak. well any way was in my dads car with him my sister and my self. just beaten the darn game on the way over to walmart we get in the parking lot. park the darn truck dad and my big sister tells me to shut the game off. so I turn it off with the credits still running I was so mad at the both of them. :stare::angry::headdesk:

MizumiO
*^_^*
Send a message via Yahoo to MizumiO

Old 01-04-2010, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyWinters View Post
Windwaker.... would be my epic stupid moment. The part where Link lost his sword and he has to sneak through the castle. I made it all the way and suddenly had a finger malfunction in which I jumped over a ledge and of course got caught and had to start all over again and this was after spending an hour trying to sneak through in the first place!

I swear that was the most annoying part of the game and I had to make it more difficult for myself.
I know your pain. The one part where you have to creep across a large platform under under a basket. I couldn't find a way out and got caught. And the part where you find the guys manning the lights? Well I already killed two sets of lights and was on the third when I jumped and went over the ledge....

In Twilight Princess I ran into a sign and didn't realize it. So I changed my camera view to see how I was stuck. And next thing I know I'm looking up Link's skirt. The part where you fight the pig guy on the bridge for Colin? So I keep going around to his right and getting knocked off the bridge. Eventually I realized that because I was a righty Link's sword was on the right... And I should be going to his left....

Muziek
One who fears not arrows, but lo...

Old 01-05-2010, 01:10 AM

Well.. On pokemon Pearl, I used my master ball on a cleffa.. >>;; That was horrible. I should look more often while touching where I believe my poke-balls to be. xD; I'd run out, and master ball moved into it's slot.

I also was trying to defeat a water pokemon with another water pokemon, but it turns out that while I was attempting to knock it out for five minutes (I wasn't really paying attention to the battle x_x) or more, the pokemon had an ability that let it restore HP when attacked with water..
/fails

KillerMiku
(-.-)zzZ

Old 01-05-2010, 12:11 PM

Well,i do many game fails... ^^' but i guess to talk about one or some...hm...i remember one i did for not so long ago when i played tomb raider and happend to throw a granade into the water and was stupid enough to swim right into it. (I didn´t see it...Im blind :D -or something-) then we have a fail i do to much in Soul calibur when i play with Talim (happens mostly in Soul Calibur IV tho) when im going in for a attack and jumps over the enemies head .-.' and then i fall out of the ring (really smart huh? XD)...One more fail that i did very recently was so stupid that im almost ashamed (i need to read better X'3) when i played The legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks and i got a clue with which ways to go. but stupid as i was i tried to go to east and get it right (when it was west that was right) for two days until i finally realised that i´ve been going the wrong way all the time.

Also I read MizumiO´s twilight princesses fails,you´re not alone XD i´ve done the same misstakes ^^'

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-05-2010, 03:08 PM

How about in Oblivion, where I'll forget to save for about an hour and then fall down a hill. And die.

:headdesk:

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 01-05-2010, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sho-Shonojo View Post
How about in Oblivion, where I'll forget to save for about an hour and then fall down a hill. And die.

:headdesk:
I do that all the time in both Oblivion and Morrowind. :lol:

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-05-2010, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fading Existence View Post
I do that all the time in both Oblivion and Morrowind. :lol:
Ha. Glad to know I'm not the only one!

Love the dancing character in your sig by the way.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 01-06-2010, 01:27 AM

Thanks! :)

I always forget to save in Morrowind in particular, for some reason. Then I'd get myself killed and be like, "ARGH WTF!" And start headdesking. >_>

...I think that's when I started using the cheat codes so I wouldn't have to spend hours trying to level up again. xD;

Oh. And I killed myself tons of times from using cheat codes too...set my Acrobatics (or Strength, forgot which) too high, jumped, and then killed myself from falling out of the sky. xD A friend once mentioned how she set her stats ridiculously high, jumped, and spent the next ten minutes or so flying. xDD

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-06-2010, 06:34 AM

Wow, that's quite crazy. I assume you have the PC version? I have the PS3 version, I don't think I can use cheat codes on that, thus I only die for regular stupid reasons.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 01-06-2010, 12:05 PM

Yeah, it's the PC version, as I don't have a PS :sweat:

Sho-Shonojo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-06-2010, 03:27 PM

Well, I don't have a PC. XD

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 01-06-2010, 06:14 PM

We should trade. XD

Stupid game mistake the other day: Spent around 2500 food upgrading my villagers' 'production' in Age of Empires III for several games before I realized that the 'production' meant how fast my town is producing the villagers and not how fast my villagers are producing the food/coins/wood. >___>;

White Orgundy

Old 01-09-2010, 01:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amani View Post
So, first off, forgive me if this thread already exists - I looked around and couldn't find it, but if I overlooked something...well, I apologize. :sweat:

Has anyone ever had a moment where it seemed a video game just induced a terrible case of brain gas? That you did something that you just...couldn't believe you did? That you kicked yourself for...yet couldn't help but laugh at yourself for anyway?

Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII:
Hey do you know which systems Crisis Core is for?

I used to have so much fun playing Mario Bros and right as the game would start, you would walk right... I always had several walk up to the end... miss the time to jump and walk right off the edge. \

Oh, but my most recent one was, playing Kingdom Hearts1 I think, I believe I was customizing something or had just beaten something and my Brother comes in to unplug the xbox which is just below my PS2... Well anyway, instead of looking for the xbox power plug, he goes right over to the outlet and unplugs my PS2 and doesn't even realize it. lol And when he come back he's like, "hey what happened to your PS2?" LOL

Last edited by White Orgundy; 01-09-2010 at 01:12 AM..

sarofset
Jeddak of Helium

Old 01-09-2010, 01:57 AM

My most recent moment of this type, was playing Oblivion. I was running from some creature in the mountains. Naturally I was using my bow and shooting at it, while I ran backwards from the thing. Well that was a bad idea, as I fell to my doom. The face palm was not the fact that I fell, but the fact that I had been shooting at the thing and running backwards for ten minutes without incident, and as I turned around (still moving) I fell off the cliff, and died. :headdesk: There was cursing.

Quantum Angel
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 01-09-2010, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Orgundy View Post
Hey do you know which systems Crisis Core is for?
PSP exclusive - was the game that pushed me to get the PSP. To this day it's probably the device I use the most - I can't actually use any consoles most of the time due to the continuing war over the TV. XD;

@Everyone: Apologies for the silence - these have been some hilarious moments, many of which I can relate to quite well. XD I'm guilty of forgetting that most systems do not actually save where you are when you turn them off as the PSP does...so the classic losing hours of progress due to turning the system off is something I've done many times. XD;;;

I have also come to realize that I often fail to read the instructions on a game before trying to play it...leading to me playing through much of a game without having the slightest clue how to perform some critical functions. Like blocking, dodging...makes things much more difficult than they should be. XD;;;

Bunai
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-16-2010, 07:46 PM

Just for simplicity.

Robot Unicorn Attack. Letting my mind wander and ended up hitting Double Jump instead of Dash when a star came up.

Snort Like A Pig
Stay fine.

Old 03-16-2010, 09:03 PM

D: Realized I opened one of the forbidden chests in Final Fantasy XII at the end of the game... I HAD TO START ALL OVER.

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 03-16-2010, 11:23 PM

:lol: Those chests came back to bite a lot of people in the ass. It was kinda devious of Square to do that.