Senpai
THE Senpai

Old 02-02-2011, 07:49 PM

It is Feb. 2 (Happy Ground Hog Day!) of the new year. Some impressive games have already been announced that are coming out later this year. In addition, the Nintendo 3DS will be heading our way March 27th with a $249.99 price tag! Sony announced their next hand held currently named, NGP (Next Generation Portable).

What are you looking forward to this year? Epic games on the three gaming consoles? The new hand helds? Are you going to afford anything you want this year?! Are you going to purchase any of the new consoles this year? If so, what and why?

For me, I am looking forward to MvC3, Uncharted 3, Devil's Third, Prototype 2, infamous 2, Ar tonelico 3, Batman: Arkham City, and so much more! I own three consoles: PS3, PSP and DS, so there are a lot of interesting games for me to play on!

Draciolus
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-04-2011, 04:36 AM

Im looking forward to Dragon Age 2, Mass Effect 3, Homefront, and I think thats it right now actually. And two of those 3 I said I have ordered already, and will be shipped to my house the day they are released(those being Dragon Age 2 and Homefront-at least I think I ordered this one).

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 02-04-2011, 09:39 AM

Isn't mass effect three 2012? Oh! I still need to finish Origins before I get number 2... But as for what I'm looking forward to, I'm not sure really. I'll have to wait and see.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 02-04-2011, 11:10 AM

o.o I heard of a Professor Layton + Phoenix Wright game. I can't afford the console to play, but... Ohmigawd that sounds -so- badass.

aphrodite remix
I am not an adventurer by choice...
Send a message via MSN to aphrodite remix

Old 02-04-2011, 02:42 PM

Dragon Age 2, Diablo 3 (fingers crossed), Harvest Moon Twin Villages, and I've also heard news on a new Pro. Layton game but one can only hope eh. I also ordered Two Worlds 2 for Ps3 and that should be in on monday but not sure how good that one will be.

PrincessBane
Disciple of the Dark Sun

Old 02-04-2011, 05:38 PM

I'm totally looking forward to Marvel vs Capcom 3. D: That game looks amazing and the character roster is absolutely epic. Can you say Dante FTW...and Deadpool.....8D..

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 02-05-2011, 10:14 AM

I just stumbled upon one that I'd love to play. It's called L.A. Noire, and it's apparently more about interrogation and clue gathering and stuff than using your gun. I don't like games where you seem to do nothing but kill people, so this should be awesome.

Draciolus
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-05-2011, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphrodite remix View Post
Dragon Age 2, Diablo 3 (fingers crossed), Harvest Moon Twin Villages, and I've also heard news on a new Pro. Layton game but one can only hope eh. I also ordered Two Worlds 2 for Ps3 and that should be in on monday but not sure how good that one will be.
Two Worlds 2 is awsome. Only thing I hate about it is you cant bring your single player character over to multi like you could in the first one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carzeebear View Post
Isn't mass effect three 2012? Oh! I still need to finish Origins before I get number 2... But as for what I'm looking forward to, I'm not sure really. I'll have to wait and see.
Mass Effect 3 is late 2011. Thats the last I heard. Sometime around November Im pretty sure.

Arumaixana
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 02-05-2011, 11:25 PM

Legend of Zelda Skyward sword :D
(That is coming out this year right?)

Generally I don't keep up to date on gaming. I dig the classics XD Zelda's the only excpetion though. I honestly believe there hasn't been a terrible Zelda game. The "bad" ones are great compared to most "bad" games XD

So therefore, I s'pose I'm looking forward to the Ocarina of Time game coming out for the 3DS. I'm going to have to do a lot of saving up to afford one though D:

Oh yes and Diablo III. But who ISN'T looking forward to that? XD

Last edited by Arumaixana; 02-05-2011 at 11:28 PM.. Reason: forgot something...

aphrodite remix

Old 02-06-2011, 06:42 AM

Draciolus Hmmm I've been hearing such mixed reviews I really hope it actually turns out to be a sweet game.

Arumaixana D3 forever <3 <3

Draciolus
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-06-2011, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by aphrodite remix View Post
Draciolus Hmmm I've been hearing such mixed reviews I really hope it actually turns out to be a sweet game.

Arumaixana D3 forever <3 <3
Personally, I wish that they had made the co-op adventure game longer. 7 Chapters that get you to roughly level 33(if you play each one once), and end on a boring note to say the least...but that being said, they are also fun when played with a few friends(or when you corrupt someone who almost NEVER plays video games into playing the game, and getting them addicted).

I also forgot about Diablo 3 coming out, I cant wait, and hopefully by then I can afford a new computer, so that Im not on my laptop all the time playing games. Seeing as even though everything on it is vital to me, it is still slowing down alot, even with weekly defrags. =/

Arumaixana
⊙ω⊙
Banned

Old 02-06-2011, 04:16 PM

Oh no, my computer... It's definitely seen better days... I think trying to download something as epic as D3 might just break it, the poor thing already has the Sims 2 and most of the expansion packs! Luckily I have a laptop too :D But then there's alllwwayys the question: Is it laptop friendly?

aphrodite remix

Old 02-06-2011, 04:21 PM

Ah see I'm definitely more of a solo gamer so my friends can bugger off. I dont' know if I should cancel my pre-order then it's suppose to come in tomorrow. If I cancel then I can just rent it and beat it in the week or something and get the trophies for it and not feel like I wasted any money.

I totally hear you on the laptop front. I'm going to be buying a new desktop soon which I'm totally stoked for and once I have that... I'll be uber whiney about D3 lol.

Draciolus
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-06-2011, 06:46 PM

I dont think you would beat it in a week, unless you do just the straightforward story quests. Ive had my copy since it first came out, and Im still only at the bginning of chapter 2. Ive also been doing sidequests like crazy, and am only level 28 or 29 in single player.

Demoncat
Unknown species
Send a message via MSN to Demoncat

Old 02-07-2011, 12:38 AM

I'm excited for Pokemon Black and White and for Bioshock Infinite, both just look so amazing to me and I love both of the series! :D

aphrodite remix

Old 02-07-2011, 05:02 AM

Hmmm how many hours have you put in though? Because I can put in a solid 12 hours of gaming each day if not more on the weekends.

Draciolus
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-07-2011, 11:23 PM

I think Ive put in around 20hours, maybe. I dont get lost of time to play(only after work, and only again if I dont have anything planned already).

aphrodite remix

Old 02-08-2011, 04:49 AM

Ah yeah that's not bad I think I might be able to do it in a week if I totally geek out on it.

PrincessBane
Disciple of the Dark Sun

Old 02-09-2011, 04:17 PM

My only question about MvC 3 is why they chose to put that bimbo Trish in it...and not Vergil.....=//

MarzipanFrog
(-.-)zzZ

Old 02-10-2011, 07:03 PM

One word: Pokemon White.

OK that's two words. But yeah, I think that's the one I'm most excited about. I would have been equally excited about Professor Layton vs. Phoenix Wright but since I can't possibly afford the new console, I won't be getting that. :(

Panda-nee
Mama Bear

Old 02-14-2011, 07:56 AM

Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection and The Last Guardian. I'm kinda Meh on everything else so far, Atlus needs to get back in the groove and make a new Megaten game.

Tsundere
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-16-2011, 03:30 AM

Portal 2! Portal 2! Portal 2! Portal 2!

I'm SO EXCITED for Portal 2!

My boyfriend and I have finally been able to play Steam games together since I don't have a crappy laptop anymore and I'm SO EXCITED to play co-op with him and make him love me EVEN MORE because of my EPIC PORTAL GUN HANDLING SKILLS! =DDD

Abduco
I don't know what I'm doing
Send a message via AIM to Abduco

Old 02-17-2011, 02:35 AM

Finally a date for the 3DS!
Thanks, I wasn't aware of that.
So 3DS, Zelda: Skyward Sword (assuming they don't delay it again..), and Sonic's 20th anniversary.

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 02-18-2011, 01:06 AM

SKYRIM SKYRIM SKYRIM SKYRIM!!!!!!!!!
I loved Morrowind and Oblivion, and I am definitely looking forward to the newest adventure. that and it comes out 11/11/11. mega cool.
Also I am going to purposely NOT by Diablo 3 so my fiance can graduate from college and not spend ALL his time gaming.

Razial
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-27-2011, 05:41 AM

looking forward to. Dragon age 2, Skyrim and Guild Wars 2