Hujuk

Old 08-24-2014, 08:18 PM

Have you ever had one of those moments when you feel that a game you loved very much as a youngster seemed to fade as the popularity of Mario and Sonic shone so bright they "disappeared"?

I remember playing a game called Ardy Lightfoot for the SNES and I might be a bit unfamiliar if it was more popular than I think it was but it seems like not many know about it, it's a great old platformer with some really nice things going for it, I'm really bad at explaining things but if you get a chance to play it I highly suggest you do. Preferably the Japanese version for a certain "graphical scene" don't worry about language because there is none, the story is explained through clever use of speech bubbles and imagery.

Anyway before I rant too long are there any games that you feel got left behind or got less attention than they should have? I'm looking forward to read about your take on this subject.

Last edited by Hujuk; 08-24-2014 at 08:19 PM.. Reason: Forgot to add which console the game was for..

APBCole
BUGS CAUSING ME UNABLE TO POST

Old 08-26-2014, 02:14 AM

There's two games I feel don't get the respect they deserve because to me they're unique. Both of these games have came into existence to me either a few years or as of recently.

Sid Meiers Railroads! to me is one of those underloved ones. It has some random variety to it and it is easy to break the game because of the engine being unable to support track routes after they reach a certain point of complexity. It's a great game though for its age. It might have simple mechanics but it's also truly one of the reason why i t shines behind of that.

The other one is one I found about recently and it's called Ghost Master. This game is basically The Sims style characters meets strategy. It's all about haunting places and trying to do certain objectives with the type of ghosts you have. It's fun and while not a new game but it still has enjoyable elements. I think my favorite thing about this game is the levels and how the narrator reminds me of Goosebumps in a way due to how he narrates the levels. It's by far a game that deserves some love.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 08-26-2014, 07:07 AM

2400AD and Autoduel are definitely forgotten games...
2 of the 3 games I grew up playing

Karastorm
(-.-)zzZ

Old 08-28-2014, 10:54 AM

Alex the kid. Great game and the combat is great fun in it. Just defeat the end level bosses with rock, scissors or paper . There is no point looking up a walkthrough for the bosses moves though as they are random each time.