The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-27-2013, 10:44 AM

So it's a love triangle except that two of them hate each other...

I remember an anime I watched once that ended up shipping almost every single girl in the anime through a time warping method of sorts to the main character... it was weird...

maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple ...

Old 04-27-2013, 02:23 PM

Fairy Tail has hints of romance but it never becomes that entirely. That is something that I cherish... except two side characters you don't see often do marry and have a kid... but they don't really count... because... can't tell you without spoiling something.

---------- Post added 04-27-2013 at 11:24 PM ----------

Oh wow, that is kinda intense. I think I definitely prefer not having too much on the romance side. Just having close friends who deeply care about one another is enough for me.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-27-2013, 02:25 PM

So what's the overall plot of the story?

maidenroseheart

Old 04-27-2013, 02:35 PM

Er... that is difficult to explain. When I first started watching it, it was easy. Following the life of Lucy as she joins the mage guild Fairy Tail and seeing the adventures she gets into. It introduces you to the main characters and shows you their abilities. Then it starts going through the backstories of all the main characters by having a series of events unfold. The series of events are all dealing with bad mages who want old magical power that an evil mage named Zeref had. But things are not that simple as two thirds of the way through, you find out that maybe Zeref had not wanted to be bad after all... so much there.

Somehow, a seemingly simple anime builds itself up in such a way that when asked this question, you stand there and realized that some genius has woven a wonderfully complex world with amazing guilds, characters, plot lines, sub plot lines, and it all works together like a well oiled clock ticking by. I can't tell you just how amazing the show it. Pure genius.

twotickets
full of sound and fury (you know...

Old 04-27-2013, 02:56 PM

Yeah, I've barely started it, and I love it a lot already...

maidenroseheart

Old 04-27-2013, 02:58 PM

That is the typical response ^_^ Though with you darling I wasn't sure... you are very passive. I'm glad you love it a lot already because then I don't feel so guilty dragging you over to watch another episode.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-27-2013, 02:58 PM

Ooh mages :D it's magic based... finding good story based magic related anime is hard...

maidenroseheart

Old 04-27-2013, 02:59 PM

This one is done so well... I mean very well... and one of the themes that you start to pick up is how incredible good friends are.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-27-2013, 03:00 PM

Not sure I can relate to that part all that much...

twotickets

Old 04-27-2013, 03:02 PM

Yes, yes, it is great. Friends are awesome, and the world is amazing, and everything is Fairy Tail and nothing hurts...

Sorry, dear, but I like to watch stuff through before I respond too loudly to it. Be patient with me...

maidenroseheart

Old 04-27-2013, 03:07 PM

Maybe not, but there are so many characters of different backgrounds that you should find one or two that you relate too... and then you can join them on their journey in this particular world. I have fallen in love with Fairy Tail and if such a guild existed in real life, I would join ^_^

:P Really twotickets? Fairy Tail and no pain don't go together. They always seem to get themselves into the center of disasters and some of the most heart rending scenes are there... and so of the most endearing.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-27-2013, 03:23 PM

Isn't anime the anime world the one that teaches that "No pain = No gain" is true? Given how pain always seems to make them stronger?

maidenroseheart

Old 04-27-2013, 03:26 PM

In a lot of anime, that seems to be the case. Except in girl anime, the theme is more along the lines I think of even though you feel lonely or fear being hurt by others, you should believe in yourself and trust your friends. The guy ones do have a thing for pain though :P

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-27-2013, 03:33 PM

I think a little of both is needed ^^

twotickets

Old 04-27-2013, 03:54 PM

Or the whole "if it doesn't kill you" thing, maybe?

maidenroseheart

Old 04-28-2013, 12:04 AM

There is the pain aspect, but I think that is Fairy Tail what pain exists isn't meant for the viewers to focus on it. Instead it is showing that even in the hardest times, they don't give up because they love Fairy Tail and they love their friends so they give their all for their friends. This is what makes them different from most guilds. Especially the dark guilds.

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 04-28-2013, 12:21 AM

Erza and Jeral should be together. There's no going around it- At this point they're just being thick-headed. :I

maidenroseheart

Old 04-28-2013, 12:29 AM

lol, I agree with you :) They have cared about the other since childhood... still obviously have a thing for each other... and are being stubborn ^_^ They take duty too far when they confine it to not include their love.

twotickets

Old 04-29-2013, 01:28 AM

That one's easy to do, though. For some people, love is just a distraction, you know?

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-29-2013, 01:30 AM

How is the key to happiness a distraction? I find it an inspiration to work hard

twotickets

Old 04-29-2013, 01:47 AM

Well... let's say you and your beloved go off to fight monsters, and you're worried about him/her getting hurt, and you hear him/her scream and look over, and that's the slight loss of concentration that the monster uses to knock you out cold...

Or say the person you love gets killed, and the grief shatters you...

Or say the person gets hurt or captured, and you would do anything to get him/her back-- even things that were reprehensible to you before, or say you're in charge of a group of people, and you sacrifice them to get him/her back...

Sometimes I think love is the cruelest of motivators.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-29-2013, 01:50 AM

Well we'd do the same thing about a childhood friend would we not?

twotickets

Old 04-29-2013, 01:53 AM

Sure, but the deeper the connection, the harder a time I think I'd have.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-29-2013, 01:54 AM

Honestly I'd probably react the same just hearing screaming in general of another person o.o

maidenroseheart

Old 04-29-2013, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twotickets View Post
That one's easy to do, though. For some people, love is just a distraction, you know?
There have been many stories that went that way before.

However I like to think that I can trust the person to pull their end of things while I pulled my weight where I was.

Also, in the anime Fate/Stay Night, one of the last battles had a situation where because they were distracted about each other, they were losing. In the final battle, they agreed to not worry about the other because only one of them needed to win for both of them to live. And their belief and trust in the other one is what actually strengthened them to both win.