The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-29-2013, 01:59 AM

I have a natural habit of worrying about others... even people I barely know (like you people on Menewsha)

In games and such while I know I can easily hold my own... when I have others dropped into the picture I'm often times trying to keep them out of danger.

twotickets
full of sound and fury (you know...

Old 04-29-2013, 02:01 AM

Fair enough.

Still, I don't think I've ever seen things work out quite that well in the real world.

---------- Post added 04-29-2013 at 11:01 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Wandering Poet View Post
I have a natural habit of worrying about others... even people I barely know (like you people on Menewsha)

In games and such while I know I can easily hold my own... when I have others dropped into the picture I'm often times trying to keep them out of danger.
So... when you worry about so many people, having one more to worry about isn't a big deal?

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-29-2013, 02:02 AM

Well if you hear a blood curdling scream do you try to make sure someone isn't being murdered? I do o.o even if it isn't the brightest idea...

twotickets

Old 04-29-2013, 02:07 AM

Sure, but I think emotional compromise goes deeper than that.

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-29-2013, 02:11 AM

I dunno... >.>" sorry about the huge off topic thing...

maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple ...

Old 04-29-2013, 02:23 AM

hmm... well I'm a Christian... so I belief that emotions that come from caring about another person are natural and that humans were made to have and experience them. So love, compassion, caring, protecting, understanding, loyalty, and even concern in the right form are all good and not bad. I mean being over protecting or over loyal can be bad... but still... it seems that falling in love is supposed to make us stronger, not weaker.

twotickets

Old 04-29-2013, 02:43 AM

Ah, but even in the Christian tradition, lots of people were destroyed by love.

Adam sinned because he couldn't bear the thought of living without Eve.
Samson lost his strength and got his eyes gouged out because he loved Delilah, but Delilah loved money more.
Potiphar imprisoned an innocent man because he loved his lying, cheating wife.
Solomon left God because he loved his heathen wives.
Moses nearly died because he listened to his wife instead of doing what God said to do.
Abraham started centuries-long feuds between Israel and Ishmael because he tried to give the wife he loved the son she wanted.
Jacob's love for his wife made him treat his kids so unequally that ten of them sold their brother into slavery.

I could go on.

maidenroseheart

Old 04-29-2013, 02:59 AM

Jesus loved us and died for us... but He lives again :)

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-29-2013, 03:28 AM

Well true love is a two way street... and even having been betrayed by a lying cheating wife it did end up making me stronger in the end. And now having someone who trusts and loves me while I do the same makes for a strong bond :)

Love can make you do some pretty stupid things though... just depends what you love.
Delilah loved money and she did stupid things... I don't think it's the other way around.

maidenroseheart

Old 04-29-2013, 03:33 AM

I agree... for love I have done some silly things, but my love was misplaced and selfish. People who should love me the most have hurt me the deepest in ways that others can't fathom. Yet it is also love that makes me stronger, gives me the motivation in life, and ensures that I live life to the fullest.

twotickets

Old 04-29-2013, 03:48 AM

How can flawed people have anything but flawed love?

And how do you know that the kind of love you have is right? I mean, you never really know until something goes wrong, and then there's always the possibility that even if you make it through some trials, you'll eventually get to the storm you cannot weather.

Sure, God is perfect in love. But we're not God. Most of us don't love like that. At best, maybe some of us can do it some of the time. It's easy to dismiss a relationship that falls apart as two people who didn't love in the right way or didn't try hard enough, but most of the time, life is not so simple. Real love is really hard to maintain; most love stories end with the characters starting off in their relationship for a reason.

To find someone you can trust with your heart is a miracle. To find someone who also trust you with his or hers is equally miraculous. For both things to occur at the same time is even more miraculous. And yet, even then, most of the people who were sure their love would last forever end up alone again.

Perhaps because it is so miraculous, most people who fall in love get swept up by it to the exclusion of other things. And certainly, many people who write about it let the romance take over the center of the plot once it starts.

maidenroseheart

Old 04-29-2013, 03:50 AM

but we were made for love... that is why God created us. So who are we to not fulfill that purpose?

twotickets

Old 04-29-2013, 03:54 AM

We were made to love God and be stewards of the earth... I always thought marriage was presented in the Bible as a good idea but not a strict necessity. Otherwise, why would Paul be all, "You'd probably be better off if you stayed single like me"?

But by all means, go and get married. Be happy! Have fun!

Anyway, sorry for derailing your thread. I suppose now would be a good time to ask with whom Gray should get?

maidenroseheart

Old 04-29-2013, 04:00 AM

I never said we should all marry. I simply said that love isn't a weakness, but a strength. Not necessarily of the marrying love either, but the love of close friends.

Gray? Oh man, he isn't very focused on anyone particular though Juvia is stalking him. I'm thinking it would be adorable if Cana and him got together...

---------- Post added 04-29-2013 at 01:01 PM ----------

And the Bible does say that God said to Adam, "Be fruitful and multiply"

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-29-2013, 04:02 AM

That's true ticket finding someone you can trust is rare... though not impossible :)

He probably said it because if you pick the wrong person you life is a living hell...

I might see about watching episode 1 tonight o.o I'm just afraid if I start an anime I wont stop till 5 in the morning

maidenroseheart

Old 04-29-2013, 04:14 AM

With Fairy Tail, the first few episodes you can take a break no problem... but after the longer stories start, it is kinda hard to stop

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-29-2013, 04:31 AM

Oh don't underestimate my addictions XD there's a reason I avoid anime... I will watch it endlessly if I can...

maidenroseheart

Old 04-29-2013, 05:11 AM

fairy tail is worth it

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-29-2013, 05:13 AM

Ah yes but my morning self wont agree :(

maidenroseheart

Old 04-29-2013, 05:14 AM

maybe... woke yourself up with the promise of more fairy tail ^_^

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-29-2013, 05:32 AM

Well unfortunately I have to do "stuff" during the day :(

maidenroseheart

Old 04-29-2013, 05:39 AM

:( pity real life is there huh

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-29-2013, 05:49 AM

Yeah... such a pity... though if I had that much time I'd have rewatched Chibi Vampire Karin... >w< but after fairy tale...

maidenroseheart

Old 04-29-2013, 05:52 AM

lol understandable... once you start it, let me know what you think

The Wandering Poet
Captain Oblivious

Penpal

Old 04-29-2013, 05:53 AM

Will do :)