Evergreen Goddess
Lady's My Bestest Friend! ~
Send a message via MSN to Evergreen Goddess

Old 02-01-2016, 05:26 AM

Micah
Male
Prince
Micah is the the son of queen Rose and king Greil although his father still likes to think of himself as the first thief to ever steal the most valuable jem of all, Rose's heart. Micah loves listening to his father recount the story of how he met his mother when they were younger. It's hard to believe but his parents would never lie to him and his mother is always there to validate the story. He also heard about the misfortune that fell upon his parents, he wouldn't have been an only child if it weren't for those mean people but there was nothing to be done about it now. As the prince, he naturally has a lot of things to do but his parents usually help him out if he asks for help that is.

Last edited by Evergreen Goddess; 02-01-2016 at 05:32 AM..

ShatteredAngel
*^_^*

Old 02-01-2016, 05:37 AM

Kyra
17 (Just turned)
Female
Thief
Kyra is from a land far different then most. When she was young she was taken from there and brought to some distant kingdom from her own as a prize, however that didn't pan out like the people who had taken her had planned. That was the day little 6 year old Kyra took to the streets. Since then she has been a thief, doing everything she can to live and above all, survive in the tyrant run kingdom she now calls home.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 02-01-2016, 05:54 AM

Micah ran his fingers though his hair as he stared out the window. He didn't want to disturb his parents so he always was very quiet in everything he did. Sure his parents ran the kingdom but they had already done so much they deserved to sleep in now. "Good morning..." he said to no one in particular before walking out of his room and over to the kitchen. He busied himself with making himself some breakfast. His cooking wasn't as good as his mother's or father's but it was food and it kept him from starving. Every time he cooked, his hair was up in a messy bun to keep the hair from getting in his food or getting singed with the flames. It was annoying but that was the struggle with his long hair. He had often debated cutting it but then talked himself out of it. However, if his parents asked him to cut it then he'd probably cut it. Finishing with cooking his breakfast, he served it on a plate and set a cup of tea beside the plate then he sat down and began to eat his breakfast in the silence of his house.

ShatteredAngel
*^_^*

Old 02-01-2016, 06:29 AM

As the sun broke over the horizon, the young thief girl was already awake and making the plans for the days breakfast. She looked around at the others in the small dusty room they were all squatting in. Carefully rising to her feet so not to wake anyone, she used a piece of fabric to tie back her midlength pale golden brown hair, using it like a bandana as she slipped away out into the kingdom surrounded by the dune sands of the desert. She stretched in the morning sun, smiling alittle to herself at its warmth before quickly shrinking back against a wall, not wanting to be caught as a guard made its rounds. Using this chance she took to the roof tops, slinking low to their surface as she made her way to the market square, watching as it was set up, biding her time as she made her choice of what she was to have for breakfast today.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 02-01-2016, 06:47 AM

There was still crime in the kingdom despite his parents trying to get rid of it. However, the kingdom had a small crime rate than when Micah's parents were younger. Crime was always going to be an issue, it could never fully be stopped but it could be prevented which is why more guards were out there among the people to make sure the people were safe. Finishing his tea and breakfast, he took the dishes to the sink and left them there for the maids to wash whenever they woke up. it was much too early yes, but this was the perfect time to go out and take note of what needed to be improved. Sighing, he walked back to his room and looked in his closet. Micah pulled out a maroon colored cloak and slipped it on even put up the hood to stay as concealed as possible. He wasn't afraid of bandits, he just wanted to be safe rather than sorry. Without a second thought, Micah headed out of the large palace and took a deep breath of the fresh air before letting it out slowly and walking down the barren streets.

ShatteredAngel
*^_^*

Old 02-01-2016, 07:18 AM

As Micah headed past the palace gates, an older guard placed his hand gently on his shoulder, speaking quetly so not to draw attention.
"Your highness, be sure to be careful, also do not forget the journey the kingdom over for peace and treat talks. Would you like for me to have one of the maids within the palace to pack your belongings for the journey for you?"

--

The young girl watched the growing activity of the city below as the marketplace began to grown with buisiness and its usual hustle and bustle. Slipping down the side of the building and into and alley, she grabbed a large sheet of cloth and wrapped it around herself, masking her appearance as she blended amongst the now stead stream of early to rise customers, at a much better veiw and vantage point to make her selection. Her stomach grumbled loudly as though ordering to hurry up and make a decision already. She stared at the sweet pasteries, her mouth beginning to water and the sight and their aroma which wafted through the air, drawing her in. Before she knew it she had crossed the distance and was now trying to guage when the best time to take the first pastry she could.

It all happened in a flash, the swiftness of the pastry being gone, her slipping back into the crowd just as the stall keeper turned around and began to shout and accuse innocent bystanders. The girl didn't stick around to be identified though, quicklyweaving through the crowd, determined to put as much space between there and herself as possible. Eventually she found herself in the slums once more, at the far end of them by the city wall into the desert kingdom. Sitting with her back against a lonely palm tree, she pulled down the fabric which was covering her head and happily began to tuck into her reward.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 02-01-2016, 07:53 AM

Micah stared straight ahead as to not draw any attention to himself while listening to the guard. He had actually forgotten about the trip! "Ah, yes please. I promise to be careful, I just want to take a look around before getting back home. Thank-you for your concern and for the reminder. If my parents ask for me, tell them I left for a walk." Micah ordered quietly and smiled at the guard before continuing to walk along the streets.

The peaceful silence didn't last long though. The people of the kingdom had started to wake up and go about their lives as they always did. The orphanage his father had built was very popular, the kids really loved it and it was a place that Micah avoided most of the time but there were a few times where he did like to visit. Today was not one of those days though. The people seemed to be happy so that was good. Children were running around and having fun while others clung to their mother's skirts. Everything seemed okay so far, to Micah anyway. No one seemed to be complaining about anything.

Of course this was a good thing, but it also bothered him. There was no way anything was perfect, something had to be wrong right? Well maybe this was just a good day for everyone. As Micah continued on his walk, he dropped some gold coins in hats or cans that the orphans or beggars held out. He didn't do much, he knew his mother probably would do more but he couldn't really do much. He was just one person after all.

Last edited by Evergreen Goddess; 02-01-2016 at 08:08 AM..

ShatteredAngel
*^_^*

Old 02-01-2016, 08:30 AM

The guard released his shoulder gently and gave a gentle nod to show he understood before allowing the concealed prince to continue on his way while returning to the palace to have the maids set about packing his bag for him so he wouldbe ready to leave upon his return.

--

She relaxed back happily as she munched on her stolen treat, happily enjoying it until it was all gone. She sighed deciding she had better head back to the rest of those she crashed with the night before. They stuck together and they had some jobs to pull before the day was through. There was news of the royals coming from another kingdom making them the perfect score.
She set off as quickly as she could, arriving back just as the meeting began to decide who was to do what part to get them a bigger score after all they all needed to eat. As much as they looked after themselves, they also took care of each other, to an extent. She listened to what the plan was, helping to work out the kinks here and there before finally taking her own role for all of the involvement.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 02-01-2016, 08:46 AM

When Micah ran out of gold to give, he decided it was time to go back home and get ready for the long journey. His parents wouldn't be coming with him of course, he would be going on his own but maybe a guard would join him. He didn't know but he'd find out eventually. Micah smiled down at the children as they continued to run around and play, he wondered if his parents where this way when they were younger. He had never really asked, though he probably should ask eventually since he loved learning about his parents' childhoods.

Once Micah arrived back at the palace, he removed the cloak and let down his hair finally. "I'm home." he said quietly. He didn't see his parents around so he could only assume that his parents were still sleeping. Micah chuckled and shook his head as he left to his room where he looked for his fan. When he found it, he picked it up and debated on whether or not to take it but decided on taking it. Carefully, he wrapped the fan up in his cloak and walked over to where the maid had his things packed. He opened up the case and placed the covered fan inside then closed it up again.

"Thank-you." he whispered to her and fixed his hair before sighing softly. "I suppose I should be taking my leave now." Micah said and took a hold of his suitcase and walked to the front door of the palace. He wished he could say goodbye but he couldn't bring himself to wake his parents for this. Micah smiled and checked the time, he had to go, he couldn't keep the others waiting in the other kingdom. "Goodbye, I shall return eventually." Micah said quietly.

ShatteredAngel
*^_^*

Old 02-01-2016, 08:53 AM

"Thinking of leaving without a proper goodbye? I'm not going to see you for a few days, maybe weeks if it goes well"
Rose's gentle voice came from behind him, a soft smile on her lips as she looked at her son proudly before wrapping her arms around him in an embrace before he could say anything.
2Be sure to stay safe and take care of yourself. I made sure they packed your dagger, besure to take it with you at all times, you never know when you may need it. I know you don't get into as much trouble as I used to and you can handle yourself but please, for me. Oh and be sure to write as often as possible, alright? I'd love to hear about everything that happens while you are away"

Evergreen Goddess

Old 02-01-2016, 09:03 AM

Micah smiled upon hearing his mother's voice. "Mother!"' he said happily and turned to face her. "I didn't want to wake you, I know you and father must be tired. "Perhaps we are Micah, but your mother is right. We aren't going to see you for a while at least let us see you one last time before you leave." Greil's groggy voice was heard as he descended the stairs. Having noticed his lovely gem was out of bed he remembered today's event, their son's journey. "I'm sorry father." Micah apologized and hugged his mother happily. "I'm going to miss both of you." he said sadly.

Micah listened to his mother and nodded. "I promise I will be careful and stay out of trouble. I'll do my best to write you every night before bed." Micah promised. "He won't get into trouble love, he's not a trouble maker like we were." Greil assured his lovely wife, Rose. He then looked at his son and pulled him into a hug, "Be good and don't come back with any girlfriend okay?" he said and laughed. Micah blushed but smiled. "I promise I'll come back alone father." Micah promised and gave his parents a kiss on the cheek before stepping away. "Well then, I'm really leaving now. Goodbye, I'll stay in touch!" he assured as he walked out the front door.

ShatteredAngel
*^_^*

Old 02-01-2016, 09:25 AM

"Oh! And don't got letting them rope you into any harem business! They are notorious for it!" Rose called after him as he walked to the front door, not being able to help but to worry about her little boy. Her hand found its way into Greil's as she watched Micah walk out of their sight.
"Do you think he will be alright so far away from home and everything he knows?"

--

The girls looked around the markets, signalling to each other so that the boys could pull their little practise hiests ready to be in top form and co-ordination for the royal arrival. It was no secret of the treaty and peace talk that was to be exchanged between kingdoms. The king of the land also was known to have his own agendas always as a priority, be is personal or not, if it didn't benefit him or go his way, well they all new to stay out of the way.
Amongst the girls the pale golden brunette gave a signal and dashed forward, helping in the swiping of a few valuable vases from a store while the boy who also left at the same time went for the clothes. To get into the palace they were going to need to look the part and have gifts, and that they would do and have, they were determined.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 02-01-2016, 09:38 AM

Micah froze as he reached his transportation. He turned back to see his mother who was clearly worried and his father looking at him. "I promise to steer clear of that direction mother!" he called back and waved before climbing in and sighing sadly. This was his life, a lot of traveling so he should be used to it but he wasn't. He loved traveling but not alone. He didn't dare look back because he didn't want to cry.

Greil waved to his son and watched him leave before looking at Rose and giving her hand a gentle squeeze. "I sure hope so love. He's a smart boy, he's never gotten into any sort of trouble before and this trip should be no exception." Greil answered honestly. He was worried as well, his son was gone and he wasn't sure when he'd return or in what condition but he had to be strong. He had to comfort his wife, he knew she was going to struggle the most during Micah's absence.

Micah tried his best to relax since this was going to be a long trip from here to the next city. He thought so anyway. Looking at his suitcase, he frowned. It was all he had to remind him of home. "I wonder if..." he started and looked back to see his home slowly disappearing in the distance. He hoped they packed a photo to remember them by. "I guess I should get some more sleep while I can." he said to himself and closed his eyes to try and get some rest.

ShatteredAngel
*^_^*

Old 02-01-2016, 10:01 AM

The guard from earlier in the day was driving the carriage, steering it to its location. He was determined t make good pace, for the prince's sake and safety, the longer they were on the road, the more at risk he would be from bandits enroute. He would make sure to take the smoothest route possible.
"Get some rest your highness, I'll wake you before we enter the Desert Kingdom's walls."

--

Deciding they had enough and plenty of what they needed, plus were running the risk of the guards hunting them down now, the thieves decided to scatter. The girl made her way into the market once more, this time uncovered, blending amongst the crowd as she looked around at all of the wares. They were so expensive and yet beautiful but she knew now would be a dangerous time for her eyes to get too big for themselves. It was too much to put the plan on the line like that and yet, she couldn't help but to find herself drawn towards the stall filled with shiney trinkets and baubles which the wealth women used to decorate and adorone upon themselves. The money used to buy them could have paid for a few nights in an in with several meals and new clothes now that she thought about it. A soft sigh escaped her lips as she let this thought sink in, sickening her at how people would throw their money away so easily and have it so easy when there were people like her struggling to find food and safe water to drink just to survive another night.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 02-02-2016, 05:59 AM

Micah opened his eyes, hearing the guard speak up. "Thank-you, I'll try. Be careful." he answered and stared out the window. A desert kingdom, he did well in bringing the fan along. He had been reluctant to bring it along because he didn't want it stolen. But he had his dagger thanks to his mother's quick thinking so he should be fine. His father had showed him how to use it, it was a perk of having a thief as a father. Well a retired thief anyway. He closed his eyes once more and tried to rest. Micah missed his parents already, but his father was always good at cheering up his mother so Micah knew they'd be okay. At least he wasn't completely alone, he still had his trusty guard with him.

ShatteredAngel
*^_^*

Old 02-02-2016, 07:49 AM

The girl continued to look over the wears, not aware of the guards who were now going through the market place looking out for potential troublemakers and others who met particular criterias. The wealthier people continued as normal completely unphased by their prescence, if anything they were comforted, their king was trying to protect them, or atleast that is what was justified in thier minds. A shadow fell over her, turning slowly to see who t was, the girl's eyes widened. There was no where to run. One moment she was there in crowd with the guard, the next she was gone. No one would miss a grubby little street urchin or notice she was no longer where she had beens tood a few moments before.

--
The guard guided the horse and carridge swiftly through the forests that were part of the kingdom belonging to the royality he served. Eventually they left the lush greenary and were out amongst the sands and the dunes with sweltering hot temperatures. The journey would last a good four hours resulting in lunch having just dawned accross the land.
"Your highness, we have arrived"
The carridge was slowed to it's casual canter as he waited for a responce or his progression orders, steadily closing in on the kingdom amongst the desert sands

Evergreen Goddess

Old 02-02-2016, 08:13 AM

Micah had managed to fall to sleep peacefully but woke up when his guard spoke up again. Yawning softly, Micah rubbed his eyes and looked out the window at the desert that surrounded them. "Oh I see..." he said sleepily. "How can people live out here?" Micah asked then remembered, his father used to live in a desert. That's what he said anyway. "We should find food later, I'm starting to get hungry." he said and looked at the guard. "Is the horse going to be okay?" Micah asked curiously. The horse was probably thirsty, they needed to find food, water, and a place to stay for however long they'd be staying here.

ShatteredAngel
*^_^*

Old 02-02-2016, 10:01 PM

"She will hold out until we reach the stables, your highness. Upon arrival, the king here gave instructions to go straight to him. I believe he will have a room prepared for you. I heard rumors from a few friends who live here that the King is planning to throw one of his famous feasts in your honor, with you being a guest."
The guard continued to guide the horse and carriage to the kingdom's walls, pausing at the gateway to exchange some words with the guards on duty there before being allowed to pass into the kingdom beyond. The guard spurred the horse on once more, leading the carriage through the streets. They headed through the lowest of the low which was clearly kept on the very outskirts of the kingdom, away from the center, away from the king's eye. The poor seeing the rich looking carriage came pouring over begging and pleading for help, food, money, anything to help them at all. The guard slowed the horse enough so that no one would be hurt as they continued forward and enough so that is the prince wished he could try to help, however he dind't slow down enough for the paupers to be able to do anything which might endanger the safety of Micah.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 02-02-2016, 10:26 PM

"Good, I hope that she is fed and given plenty of water when we get there." Micah said. He didn't want anything to happen to the horse, poor thing really needed to rest when they got there. "You have friends that live here?" Micah asked his guard and opened up the suitcase where he pulled out his fan covered with the cloak to fan himself since it was hot compared to the weather back home. "We shouldn't keep the king waiting, it would be rude and we don't want to be seen as such." Micah commented softly.

Micah fanned himself and would look out the window as they traversed through the desert sands. When they reached the gate, Micah smiled. He was very excited to see what the people here were like, but what he saw only made him frown once again. The people here were in dire need of help. They were hungry, weak, and desperate for some sort of assistance. Help, Food, and Money was all they asked for. He didn't have food, and he didn't think he had any money left did he? Why wasn't the king doing anything to help his people? Micah didn't need the feast, but these people did. He quickly looked through his things and smiled when he saw that there was a pouch of gold packed beneath all his clothing. His parents probably arranged that. Opening the pouch, he pulled out some gold and handed it out to the people. "I hope this helps." he said before putting the pouch away and closing his suitcase again. "These people really need help from their king." Micah pointed out quietly.

Last edited by Evergreen Goddess; 02-03-2016 at 12:24 AM..

ShatteredAngel
*^_^*

Old 02-03-2016, 12:02 AM

"I will make sure she is, your highness. I believe my friend's son is a royal stableboy now so she will be in very good hands. Ah, yes, your highness. A friend of mine from your parents kingdom, we grew up together until his mother moved here to live with her sister once her sister's husband passed, leaving her all alone. We haven't seen each other since but exchange letters often. He is a handy man, doing his best to make ends meet and provide for his family but as I have none of my own, he is the closest I have so I often send them a large portion of my pay to help them remain supported."
The poor would thank him, overwhelmed with gratitude that the inhabitant within the carriage had actually given them something, had actually tried to help ease their suffering. Once they were clear from the front, the guard would increase the speed of the horse.
"If you need anything at all while you are here your highness, I will do everything I can to facilitate."
It wasn't long before they were moving fluidly past the bustling market, people stopping and whispering when they noticed the carriage before starting to trail after it alittle, hoping to catch sight of the occupant lurking in the shadows of its interior.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 02-03-2016, 12:45 AM

Micah smiled as he listened to the story his guard was telling. Anyone that knew Micah, knew he loved hearing stories from different people. It was just always interesting to learn more about the person telling the story and at the same time he was learning about people in the story and of the places in the story too. It was rather unfortunate that the friend had to move here but it was for a good reason. "Wow...it must have been really hard on all of them when that happened." Micah started. "It's good that you were able to stay in contact though, and that's very nice of you to be sending him money to help him out. You must be really excited to see him today." Micah said and grinned. "Does he know you are here today? Or will you be surprising him?" Micah asked as curious as ever.

Micah was happy to see just how happy these people were after getting some gold. Sure it wasn't so much but to them every little bit counted. They would be eating good today with that money. "I'll just need some supplies to write letters to my parents while I'm here. My mother wants to know everything that I see while I'm here." Micah said and chuckled.

ShatteredAngel
*^_^*

Old 02-03-2016, 03:31 AM

The guard smiled as he heared the smile in the prince's tone as he spoke, hearing the curiousity in his voice also he was unable to help but to chuckle softly to himself, "His wife knows, he doesn't. They live within the palace walls in the servants quarters so I shall be staying with them and will be still close enough to aid you in anyway needed. If you like I can take you to meet them, your highness. I know how much you like to meet new people"
The carriage passed through the gate which lead within the palace walls of the ruler of this land, the gate being sealed tight behind them. The horse was lead all the way up to the main steps before being pulled to a stop where the guard proceeded to get down and opened the door, offering a hand to help Micah out of the carriage, picking up his bag for him and moving it out of the way. The guards of the palace came down from their guard duty andcame to assist quickly and silently.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 02-03-2016, 04:24 AM

Micah listened intently to what the guard was saying. "Oh I see. I'm sure your friend will be very surprised to see you. Especially after not seeing each other for such a long time." he said. Micah's eyes practically lit up when the guard offered to introduce him to his friend and his friend's wife. "Oh would you really do that?!" he gasped and free. "I would love to meet them!" Micah answered truthfully.

It must be nice having a friend. He kept that thought to himself though, being a prince made it hard to really form any sort of friendship with anyone. Micah looked out the window once more as they reached the palace steps. "Wow.." he said to himself. Micah smiled at his guard and took his hand to get down from the carriage. "Thank-you." he said and brushed some hair away from his face as he looked around. It was very beautiful here, of course it was, the king lived here.

ShatteredAngel
*^_^*

Old 02-03-2016, 12:55 PM

Guard would smile brightly at the other's clear happiness at the potential of meeting his friends.
"Of course your highness. We shall have to arrange it some time, alright?" He looked to the other guards and allowed them to escort them inside the palace. The main entrance way was filled tall marble pillars, along with the other marble and gold decor within. With how richly it was decorated you would have thought the whole country was very well off, though the guard and prince knew otherwise, having travelled through it.
The guards would lead them to the throne room where they opened the door and revealed a rather large man lounging in the throne being fed by a servant girl who was wearing very little.
"Your highness, may I present to you, Prince Micah"
The guard had move forward, head bowed in respect as he spoke before moving back so he was behind the prince now that he had been introduced.

"Ah welcome my friend. How was your journey? It went well I hope. I have a room all set up for you, I dohope you will be joining me here for your stay and our talks." The fat king squinted at Micah with beady little eyes from hs higher vantage point. The smirk on his lips seemed to be a perminant feature to his expression.

Evergreen Goddess

Old 02-04-2016, 08:41 AM

Micah nodded, "Of course, that's perfectly fine." he answered and followed the guards inside the large palace. The inside was breathtaking! Everything looked extremely expensive unlike what he had just seen not too long ago. That still bothered him, those people needed help and it was obvious that this king wasn't willing to help his people. Micah looked around at everything as they walked along and when they reached the throne room, he saw the king and a hardly dressed female with him. She was much to young to be his wife so she was obviously a servant. In respect, Micah used his fan to block her out of his field of vision.

Micah wasn't sure what to do since he had never done this so only bowed slightly in respect to the king. "The journey was a nice one. Rather long but it was nice." Micah answered with a smile and chuckled. "Yes, of course I will join you for talks. I am sure they will be interesting." he said and nodded. "Thank-you very much for setting this up just for me." Micah thanked the king politely.