R u b y
Grand Duchess of Gifs & Memes™

Old 08-16-2023, 09:08 AM

Aww thank you! I totally wasn’t trying to upstage you or anything haha. I’m like how much spooky stuff? Yes
How’ve you been?

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 08-16-2023, 04:48 PM

hehe i know. it's cool how many different items you used! it ended up so well balanced too.
i've been busyyyyy. we're in the middle of a move, it's just a few minutes away, but it's still a lot of work and stress. but i'm really excited about the new place.
how about you?

R u b y

Old 08-17-2023, 12:41 PM

Aww thank you ;3;
Oh wow! Yeah moving is a huge task. At least you're able to go a short distance between place~ I'm glad you're excited! That helps when making changes. Idk how I'd feel about moving. Like I don't like it here per say, but I've been here so long it's home and I'd still be sad to leave the area. What's your new place like?

I've been stressed too. Lots of traveling issues and stress. We went to Massachusetts for a funeral, drove up and then back home. like a 16 hour trip but there were issues and stress. I got to go see the Lizzie Borden house after though! That was so cool!

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 08-18-2023, 05:07 PM

yeah it's nice because we can take as many trips as we want, and we can split our time between the two places while we're in the process of moving. the movers come this Monday, hopefully we'll have the carpet sorted out by then. we had to steam clean it ourselves because it overpoweringly smelled like dog, and then we had a hard time figuring out how to get the carpet dry again.

being excited definitely helps! this place is basically in a state park, so it's really nice there and i have a lot more options for places to walk. and our view is the Hudson River, it's so close you feel like you're in it. and there's a lot more storage, and I like how much is hardwood and not carpet because I'm really good at cleaning hard surfaces, but not so much squishy ones. and my room has a perfect little nook for my cat's litterbox! she even has her own little window

i hope you don't have to move soon! it's pretty overwhelming, but since i've walked around where i'm living now i really don't feel too uprooted.

oh that is so stressful, i've been on roadtrips to funerals before and it's just a sucky situation. that's so cool you got to see the Lizzie Borden house though! i think i've passed by it before when i went to Boston

R u b y

Old 08-18-2023, 05:16 PM

Oh wow that sounds lovely!! That's so cute your cat will have her own little space

were you able to get the carpet dry? I'm glad you were able to have somewhere else to go during that process so you didn't have to walk on wet floors all day

I hope I don't have to move soon either lol but that'll most likely be the case since we can't afford another house. Even if we sold this one we wouldn't even get half what another one would cost these days @.@
Come on lottery! xD

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 08-20-2023, 12:10 AM

yes! it's almost completely dry now, just the crevices in the stairs left. we're still working on getting the smell where we want it-- it doesn't smell like wet dog anymore, but my partner's a little averse to the smell of the cleaner after spending hours and hours with it. definitely so glad we still have the old place until the end of September, it feels so much less stressful without the time pressure.

ugh honestly. *blows on your lottery ticket for good luck*

real estate is so ridiculous now, i wouldn't even know where to start. we'll still be renting in our new place.

R u b y

Old 08-29-2023, 05:54 PM

Oof I know how they feel. I'm super sensitive to smells and cleaners are unfortunately one of the worst >.<

Having no time pressure is the best <3

Seriously tho ;3; housing is just absurd right now. Government be like "hey aliens are real!" and we're all like "cool, can they pay rent?"

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 08-30-2023, 06:25 PM

alternately:

R u b y

Old 09-05-2023, 12:21 AM

Omg those are perfect

R u b y

Old 09-11-2023, 04:32 AM

Today is my 13th year Mene-versary :3

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 09-11-2023, 06:01 AM

omg that makes me so emotional happy Meneversary!!

R u b y

Old 09-11-2023, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostPastry View Post
omg that makes me so emotional happy Meneversary!!
Thank you HostPapa! wish it was more lively here but at least we have a here to be at~

How’re you doing?

ghostPastry
👻🧁

Old 09-12-2023, 05:35 PM

i'm just happy there's even one thread being updated every day or two! and i keep seeing people making awesome new avis, so even though everyone's a little quiet it still feels alive to me. ugh it's so frustrating because i know if we could get some new members in, activity would pick back up

i've been busy!! we just finished moving into the new place, still working on cleaning up the old apartment, but the new place smells great now and the old owners did a good job of cleaning all the appliances so we didn't have any work to do there. no decorations up yet so there's nothing to send pictures of atm, but i'll definitely post some once we're more settled in! The stairs haven't been as bad as I thought (we have 2 flights now, we used to have 0, and you have to go up one flight to even get in the front door), but I'm developing muscles I didn't even know existed in my lower back and thighs!

How about you, how's everything been?

R u b y

Old 09-12-2023, 09:13 PM

Yeah I'm glad we at least are able to post and make avis using multis again!!! That was so wonderful. It'd be great to have another event or be able to get CIs again but I don't think the CIs are gonna happen anytime soon, if ever lol
Maybe we could plan another user event for halloween the vday one was so much fun!!! Even if there aren't any new items, it's still a lot of fun~

Oh good I'm glad it's working out!! I'd love to see pics sometime! Haha I feel the same way about stairs xD I've never lived in a house with stairs but I've always wanted to. Now that I'm older and more fatigued and heavier I'm like....stairs would be awful, but at the same time, I'd get more in shape the more I had to use them lol so double edged sword xD -puts in a dumbwaiter for food- xD

I'm...doing lol. it's been rough. I mean, not that bad considering other peoples' plights, but it's been a lot for my autistic self to handle. I feel like every time I turn around there's some new issue and it's a lot to deal with. My routines have been completely disrupted for the past 6 months and idk how long til things are back to normal. Hanging on day by day lol. Living comfortably has not been a thing this year.

---------- Post added 09-12-2023 at 05:14 PM ----------

Btw cute avi!

Last edited by R u b y; 09-12-2023 at 10:55 PM..