Aaawhyme
The Almighty One: Pekoe!

Old 10-19-2009, 12:19 AM

Alright, you know how we all want to make books here, well I've tried to start my own little book and even though I'll get tons of inspiration at times, I just can't seem to continue. I'm hoping that by posting what I already have done, and people critiquing it (and possibly giving me ideas) would help me get out of the block I have for this story.

I'm going to separate the chapter's into different posts (is that allowed). If it's not allowed, just let me know and I'll cram it all into one post.

HERE WE GO!:
((What can I do to improve the Prologue? I think it needs more... or less? ))

Prologue

The fiery masses of Hell burned strongly forever and always.
Those who guarded the dark grounds were called Demons, born of and to serve, The Great Evil.
Their master, The Great Evil, otherwise known as ZaZoro, had created the underworld for the doomed souls of Earth to fall to when they perished. The demons were to keep the underworld in check, whilst ZaZoro greedily sucked up the evil souls of the deceased human beings.

Unfortunately, there came a time when many of the demon's decided not to serve their creator and rebelled, escaping to live on the land of the living, where he could not touch them.

ZaZoro was furious. With as much power as he could use over the creatures of Earth he used them to killed off his most cherished monsters, the fire demons. Once the demon's died, they came back to their homeland where ZaZoro chained them to the fires and forced them to stay there for eternity, wallowing in pain and agony.

Though some still remained, and they were by far the most powerful of all ZaZoro's creations. They had escaped their master's dangerous fuse and used their freedom to destroy villages and cities and to create chaos among living things of all kind; to satisfy their hunger for torture and despair which they were so wildly accustomed to in Hell.
Zathura was among them.

He was a rare type of demon to find on the planet, he was a fire demon. His swift agility, and the ability to conjure up quick battle plans had helped him to escape Hell's fierce clutches. Also one of the most popular among the demon's, he could easily pass off as human and surprise them viciously when they let their guard down. It was all a game to him.

When looking at him, he had light blue hair that fell down to his shoulders in spiky points, bright yellow eyes and a black stripe running down his left cheek. His clothes consisted of a long white shirt that went down to his hips, and twin belts on his waist. Along the top of his arms showed his pale white skin but lower down to his elbows started a long strip of white cloth that hid his thin bony claws. Below his belts he wore dark blue pants that stayed close to his legs and ended at the tips of his sharp black shoes.

A cruel one indeed, he had even abandoned his closest brother, Nagaro, to travel across the land alone, searching for human victims he could slaughter.

These evil deeds did not go unnoticed by the guardians of Heaven. A messenger was to be sent down to Earth to warn Zathura of a penalty for his dreadful acts.

These graceful creatures were Angels. All of them draped in white, they nearly glowed when they moved among Earth's surface. Too pure for humans to see when they spread their wings, a light gray, such as a hawk's feathers, they covered the land with bits of Heaven's sweet purity.

One of them, a beautiful young girl, Cereus, was not yet accustom to the rules of Heaven, and acted before she could be stopped, by then it was already too late...

Last edited by Aaawhyme; 10-19-2009 at 12:57 AM..

Aaawhyme

Old 10-19-2009, 12:26 AM

((In this chapter, I tried to get the reader to know the characters a bit. Is there anything I need to do to make it more clear? I didn't want to drone on and on, but I do think it's missing something. Maybe more for Cereus? Please let me know what you think :) ))

The Angel Demon
Chapter 1
The Meeting

The low fog flowed among the early morning air, the sky was still dark in the sky but straight ahead a cyan blue had begun to rise. Though this peaceful sight was tainted with a spatter of red among the leaves where blood seeped in the dew covered grass and dripped off of a gnarly set of claws.

Zathura wondered if the blood would act as water and grow a different kind of flower in ground someday. Though not very enlightened by the idea of flowers, it would be nice to say he had created something of his own, other then being the one who had been created.

He lay there, among trillions of dead bodies; they were soldiers of the war he had recently interrupted.
By the mere sight of him the humans had stopped fighting amongst themselves and turned on him, friend or foe, they were frightened for their lives. But Zathura had merely let his hand drop to his side and hundreds were gone in seconds. It was quite fun to watch. Many grown men had started to flee in fear, screaming for their loved ones. He had rid of them for the first half of his murderous fun, he hadn't wanted any to escape.

That was a few hours ago, now Zathura lay beside a pile of corpses, dreaming about flowers...
Turning over onto his side, he faced a head of a dead man, his mouth drawn open in mid scream. The scream had never left his lungs, the cry for help that would always linger in his being.

Smirking, the fire demon flicked the head half way across the terrain with his index finger. It went spinning off into the distance and he heard a distant thud as it hit the ground.

After the massacre he had begun to feel quite tired, his limbs were heavy and he decided that he would take a quick nap before he killed again. So without further or do, Zathura closed his bright yellow cat eyes and drifted off into a dark slumber.

--------

"That demon is killing everything!"
"He must be stopped!"
"Send him back to Hell where he belongs!"
"SILENCE!" With a roar like a crashing Tsunami, Nala, a woman with bright green eyes and soft white hair that went down her back stood at the end of a gold table in a brightly lit room. A few men and women stood before her, some wore worried faces, others angry.

She lifted her hand, the room shushed. "We shall decide what to do in a quiet and orderly manner." She hissed, her voice soft, like a flowing creek. Nodding slowly, approving of this silence, she spoke again, all eyes where on her. "We cannot use force on this demon, I doubt he will take it lightly. So, we must use a different approach."

"Like what!? He won't listen to reason! He's a demon for Heaven's sake!" A man with spiky green hair barked, slamming his fist down on the table in frustration.

Nala gave him an angry glare, the man closed his mouth and swallowed, nodding.

Clearing her throat she put her hands gently on the table, her long white sleeves fell over her delicate hands.
"I understand that he won't listen to reason, but surely you already know that a demon will always worry about himself and no other. Don't you think that if we told him he would be sent back to master, he might be a slight bit more concerned? He would then take us seriously, I believe." she announced calmly, a few angels nodded, whilst others looked puzzled. She let out a sigh, knowing that there were idiots in the crowed too.

Flicking a lazy look at the green haired man she shook her head, clicking her tongue disapprovingly. Angels like him shouldn't be on the White Council in the first place.

"I mean," she heaved, "that since he's on Earth he obviously doesn't want to go back to his homeland. He's rouge, if he goes back he will face severe punishment. You must know this!"

"Ohhhh..."
"Hmm? Yeah I knew that!"
"Heh, sorry I just forgot."

Nala let out a small moan of annoyance. She lifted her hands to her head and began to massage her temples.
The green haired man piped up again, "So what do we do about this?" he urged. The council looked at her expectantly.

"We will send down a messenger to let the demon know what might be coming to him if he continues in his malicious ways."

With that said, she turned away from the table of Angels and walked silently out the back door where she would call upon their lucky messenger; a long smirk crossed her elegant face as she closed the door behind her.

---------

Cereus sat peacefully with her hands behind her back, which were supporting the light weight of her head. She gazed up at the bright blue sky. Her streaked gold and blond hair waved down to her shoulders and her bright blue eyes twinkling in joy. Today was such a good day.

She bubbled inside because her mother had just given her the good news, she had been assigned her first job! Sure it would probably be a measly little thing, but not too easy since there had been mention of possible danger from what she had heard. She didn't care much anyway, since it meant going down to Earth!

Cereus had small fantasies about a human seeing her, which then she would get to tell him all about Heaven! That would be so much fun! There was lots to say about Heaven.

First off, everyone had a set of beautiful wings to show off whenever you please, even Cereus had wings but they weren't out right now. Secondly, if you hurt yourself or didn't understand something, anyone, even people you didn't know, would help you out! And thirdly, the terrain was gorgeous! Everything was so pure you could actually see the pureness!

Cereus's favorite thing about Heaven was the view. She usually sat on the finely cutgrass in her garden and stare endlessly up at the sky for hours on end. It was her favorite place to be besides at the dinner table... yes she liked pie as well, with whipped cream on top! But this is getting beside the point.

She adored the clouds by how fluffy and cute they were; she quite often found shapes in them. Though her mother did get angry with her for being out so long, she knew there was nothing to worry about since everyone here was so kind.

And besides, she was eighteen, she would be moving out soon to find her own place in the world of angels.
But putting that aside, she had her first job! She was so excited, since she was finally eighteen.

When angels turned eighteen they could be called upon for any kind of job at any given time, you never knew what you were going to get! Cereus thought it wonderful, like a guessing game. What kind of job will you get next? It just was just so much fun!

"Cereus! The White Council leader is here to speak with you!" Her mother called from inside the house behind her.
Her mother was glad about the news of her first job but Cereus could tell she was nervous too. The idea of her already being eighteen was a lot for her to take in.

Cereus's eyes widened in surprise, she hadn't known it would be today! She wasn't ready to go down to Earth yet! What ever will she wear?

Now panicking, she jumped to her feet and ran to the house. On her way to the stairs of her room she nearly slammed into an Angel with bleach white hair.

Guess she didn't have time to change after all...

"Oh! I-I am deeply sorry, ma'am!" She huffed while bowing lowly.

The woman gave a faltered smile and nodded. "Don't worry about it. I remember my first job, I was excited too." Her smile grew wider, her striking green eyes mesmerized Cereus and the girl's excitement rose even more. "I am Nala, Assistant manager of the White Council." The Angel said warmly and shook Cereus's hand.

Cereus noticed that Nala's fingers were really weak, they barely rapped around her own hand tight enough to keep hold. But they were awfully beautiful, they glowed in Cereus's blue eyes. Dazed for a moment she realized that they had been shaking hands for a while and she pulled her hand away, turning a light pink.

"Nh, uh sorry... I'm Cereus. Pleased to meet you Mrs. Nala." and she decided to give another bow, just in case she might have offended her in some way or another.

Nala let out a laugh, it reminded Cereus of ocean waves crashing against the shore.
Nala shook her head, still giggling, "Dear heaven's girl, you make me feel so old. Please, just call me Nala. You don't need to be so polite to me, only those on the council have to treat me with respect. Outside the council I am just another Angel, like you." She smile warmly and patted Cereus lightly on the head, then Cereus noticed they were considerably different in height.

Cereus felt like a child when standing next to her, but she had always been a bit on the short side.
Nala straightened up and motioned for Cereus to follow her into the dining room where they sat down at a round wooden table, a Crystal chandelier hung loosely above the middle of the table.

She folded her hands together and looked up at her, and cleared her throat with a tiny squeak, "Now, lets get to the important matters here," she started. Cereus looked up at her and waited patiently for the job overview, "I trust you have studied up on the rules of Heaven when going down to Earth?" Nala asked and her smile faltered as she peered down at Cereus expectantly.

Cereus hadn't...

She had been too busy watching the clouds when she was supposed to be reading the long list (or what seemed long to her) of rules to go by when leaving Heaven's boundaries.

Cereus was filled with embarrassment. She had told her mom she had studied them so she could go back to watching the clouds; she had planned to do it later, but Nala had come so quickly.
What kind of an idiotic Angel was she!

How could she be so stupid and not read them? How was she supposed to know what not to do now... would she have time later?

This was her first job, it would be easy enough not to worry about rules. She would read them when she got back, and if she did something wrong, it would be excused because she was just starting out. One little white lie couldn't be so bad, could it?

"Yes, yes I read them." she said, hoping to sound confident.

Nala seemed convinced and her wide smile crawled back onto her porcelain face.

Nodding, Nala clapped her delicate hands together, "Ok then, this is what you are to do. Now as you've heard, this mission is a bit dangerous so please, be careful, if your put into any danger do not hesitate to flee." The woman started sternly.

Cereus was beginning to wonder if this was such a good idea. She was a bit taken back by the stern tone in Nala's voice. Why was she starting with such a dangerous mission on her first job?
She hoped it wasn't that bad, whatever it was.

Nala continued but now she spoke fairly fast like she was trying to get something over with quickly, "You are to go down to Earth and search out a Demon by the name of Zathura. Careful now, he is a fire demon, and very strong. But anyway..."

Cereus felt a pang of fear, not only that, she was guilty for not reading the rules before such a dangerous mission.
A demon?

Why was she starting her first job off with a demon of all things! How horrible was that!

Demons were dealt with by much more experienced Angels! What if it attacked her? And it was a fire demon no less!
She had heard about them, they were the most powerful and were the rarest to find rouge demons!

She didn't want to meet a demon! Why was this happening to her?

All the excitement had left her now, what was left was the feeling of dread and disappointment.

She had been hoping it was something like saving a human's life from a pack of wolves or looking over a baby child while it's mother was away. Now those were fun missions, not this demon crap she had to do!

"...are you OK, Cereus? Your turning pale." Nala asked in concern, putting her small hand on the girl's shoulder.
Cereus blinked a few times to make sure she was OK, then nodded. "Sorry, I just didn't think I would be meeting a demon so soon..." she trailed off again, back into her worry filled world.

"Yes, I'm sorry this was assigned to you, there's not much I can do about it, unless you would like to decline?" Nala replied gravely, "that is, if you don't think you are up to it." she added, a slight taunt in her tone Cereus thought not possible for an Angel like her.

"NO! I will take it! I was just wondering that's all!" Cereus blurted, Nala flinched at the noise. "Sorry." She mumbled and bowed her head.

This wasn't fair. Her first mission should be easy.

"Very well then, you can leave now, Cereus, for your first mission."

Chapter End

Last edited by Aaawhyme; 10-19-2009 at 12:28 AM..

Aaawhyme

Old 10-19-2009, 12:37 AM

((In this chapter I also tried to get to know Nala a bit because I wanted people to see that she has something tricky planned (is this too soon in the story? Should I put this in later chapters?) I also wanted Zathura to come off as really cocky and mean... xD I hope I pulled that across okay, if not please let me know! Anyway, is this story corny/cheesy in any way? If so, is there any way I can change that? ))

The Angel Demon
Chapter 2
Mission Impossible

She didn't have much but for the clothes on her back and a piece of parchment rolled into a ball of her shaking hand.

Cereus never imagined she would be so frightened to go to Earth. But nonetheless, she was on her way there.

Now she was hurrying down the marble staircase to the Earth portal. Heaven was made up of different cities, towns and villages, but she had visited nearly all of them in the amount of time she had been alive. There weren't many, but they magically held lots of people.

She pattered down the sleek stone steps of the staircase, she was nearly at the bottom, which was where the portal to Earth resided.

It was always heavily guarded, and you had to have special permission slip to cross through the portal, which was usually obtained when doing jobs like these.

As excited as she was to finally be going to Earth, Cereus hesitated when she finally reached the bottom steps. She kept telling herself that Nala had only been saying that it was dangerous, so as to get her to take this mission seriously. Actually, she was certain that that had been the case. Why else would they have given her such a horrible first mission? It just didn't seem very fair.

Finally she reached the portal and flashed her job paper to the guards. She then stared, enticed by the orb of swirling colors, showing only glimpses of what was to come when you reached Earth.

The angel's eyes twinkled in awe and she hurled herself in without another moment’s hesitation...

--------------

Nala reached her house, the tall walls looming over the bird filled trees in the backyard. It casted shadows among her neighbor's houses and the forest didn't seem very holy at all.

Nala smiled and opened the door to the dark gray house. Stepping inside she glanced at the photo of her deceased sister, Andrea.

It was true, angels could die, and of course this was only the second stage of death, Angelhood. Not even the Gods of Heaven knew what came after an Angel's death, for He was only the creator of Earth and Heaven, nothing else. What came after was just as mysterious as it was for humans and the topic of 'what comes after'.

She let out a deep sigh and flopped herself on her dark colored sofa. She had done something horrid today. Possibly the most horrid thing she'd ever done.

She had sent a beginner angel out to meet her doom; it was certain she would die.

But it had to have been done.

If Zathura were to attack the messenger, it would have to be a nobody, a someone who it did not matter if disappeared. If it were someone from the council, or a powerful angel, then it would ruin their defenses in case anything were to invade Heaven.
And Heaven was in a very unsecured state right now.

Like the hundred times before, Hell was always trying to get one step ahead of Heaven, and it would only take one mistake in Heaven's forces to bring the full force of the underworld rampaging through it's gates.

It wasn't the first time this sort of thing had been done though. But hopefully Cereus would get the message to the demon before he killed her...

One dark deed wasn't going to get her thrown out of Heaven, Nala needn't have to worry, because not all of Heaven is beautiful.

--------------

There was a sharp snap followed by an surprised sounding, "Oh, ow!"

Zathura opened his eyes, they still threatened to droop shut on him. All he could see was a mass of rotting dead bodies in front of him. He nearly flaked the noise off when he heard footsteps coming closer to him. In an instant he was on his feet, his sharp teeth bared in defense.

He didn't like being woken up this way.

Then he noticed, which shook his nerves even more, was standing feet away from him in all its damn filthy Angelic way, an Angel of Heaven. In his presence no less!

His anger began to rise.

It was a girl with blond wavy hair, blue eyes and draped in what looked like a white kimono with pink and purple flowers at the bottom. She boldly shuffled closer, looking nervous under his silent glare, "Er, um h-hi." she croaked, giving a stiff wave with her hand.

"What, did you say?" Zathura spat, taking a step forward. How dare this fairy creature address him like that!

The girl's eyes showed signs of confusion, "I... I said 'hi'." her eyes widened and she gasped, "O-Oh, I'm deeply sorry! I didn't mean to offend you or anything!" the Angel cried and waved her hands back and forth while shaking her head.

"Tch, offend me, more like make me sick to my stomach! What the hell do you want here you piece of shit?" He fumed, taking another step forward, the angel stepped back in alarm. He noticed her entire body shaking, why even bother talking to him if she was this frightened? She looked like an idiot too...

Taken back by this insult, Cereus's hand turned into a fist at her side, "Hey! Don't call me that! I'm trying to be nice!" she forced yell back, she wasn't accustom to yelling. She wondered how anyone could be so rude to someone they didn't even know.

"I will call you what I want! Now get your pretty little ass out of here before I'm tempted to rip you limb from limb!" Zathura roared in anger, showing off his dagger like claws. He stepped over a heap of dead bodies, still inching towards the Angel. If she didn't scram before he got to her, he would kill her so damn painfully her screams would be carry all the way to that accursed Heaven!

To Cereus, this was that time to run away. Though if she went back now, without reporting this message to the demon, she would get a bad reputation for jobs and she would never get another job again!

No. She had to be brave, this mission couldn't be as dangerous as she thought it was. After all, it was her first job! Zathura was probably all bark and no bite...

Probably.

She cleared her throat and pried her trembling fingers away from the parchment she was supposed to read off. "O-OK, I'll leave, but this is a very important message, and I'm uh, supposed to read it off to you alright? ... Just give me a sec here. I promise this won't take long!"

She stepped back a few paces and began to open the crumpled piece of paper, it was completely drenched with her sweat! The words would be hard to read and whatever it said, she hoped it was brief. Cereus gave a quick glance to the demon, he had made his way off of the heap of corpses and had moved towards her still, but Cereus could see he was interested in listening, or what looked like interest.

His face was hard to read, it was so blood thirsty, his teeth were bared revealing two sets of very sharp fangs and the rest were little spikes jetting out of his gums. She could even feel his hot breath from where she stood, feet away from him; this must be what they meant by a 'fire demon'. His claws were also in plain view, he obviously wanted to show them off because they were spread apart and each one was covered in dried blood.

Cereus felt a bead of sweat drop down her cheek as she began to read the message written:

"Dear Zathura, this is a message from the White Council of Heaven regarding that you've have recently been killing far too many creatures of the planet Earth.
We humbly request that you stop.

The cause of this is simple, we have included the reasons why you have been called to attention:

Reason 1: If you continue to kill, there will soon be very few creatures of Earth, and this will cause the planet to die.

Reason 2: If you do not stop, this will lead to a disaster and mass distinction. If the creatures you kill, in fact are needed to support those of Earth's life cycle, everything will fall to death and eventually, you and your fellow demons will die too.

"We of the White Council are deeply concerned about Earth's well being and urge you to stop before you do something you, and everyone else, will regret. Therefore, if you do not stop killing so mercilessly within the next few days, we will be forced to use drastic measures.

We, The White Council will not hesitate to call upon the portal to your homeland, and hand you back to your Master's hands.
Please think this over.
Thank you.
~The White Council*"

Cereus was quite worried now.

She hadn't read the passage over before she found him, and now she regretted reading it at all. This was surly to make him even more upset. Horrified, Cereus dared herself to look up at the demon.

His claws were now digging into his palms, his body was shaking in anger and his pupils were so tiny, Cereus was sure his eyeballs were ready to burst.

Zathura grit his teeth together in frustration. Stop killing? Were they crazy? Surly this was a joke, it must be. He had never even heard of this 'White Council' shit before, though he had never been bothered enough to listen to anything about Heaven either way; he still couldn't believe they were threatening him like this! It was outrageous!
They would first have to catch him to throw him back in hell, and he would not be caught easily!

Without warning, the ground around him began to shake under his fury. At the corner of his eyes he saw the Angel wench flinch in surprise at his power. He felt like killing her right now and rubbing her decapitated head in these White Council's faces.

"H-HOW DARE THEY THREATEN ME LIKE THIS!" Zathura roared, the ground around him began to lift up and crack underneath the pressure. He was pissed, and he wanted to let out a devastation.

His yellow eyes flashed darkly on the young girl and he was upon her in a second. She screamed in shock and leaped backwards, twisting her foot on the body of a fallen warrior. With a thump she had hit the ground, and was clutching her ankle in agony.
Oh, the fear in her eyes as she looked up at him gave Zathura new courage to kill right about now. His mind raced, thinking about as many ways he could kill her as it possibly could, per second. It gave him chills.

The rush of killing was so fun, he would never stop!

Even the Angels feared him, how could they ever follow through with their pitiful threat, it was more like a plead to stop!

In a flash, too fast for even a blink, Zathura had rapped his long white claws around the angel’s neck and had pulled her up above him, her feet dangled uselessly in the air.

"I WILL SHOW THEM NOT TO TEST ME LIKE THAT!" he laughed, a twisted laugh that could bring even the bravest heart to a sudden stop. Though he knew the girl was beyond listening, he screamed at her anyway.

She was grabbing at his hand in an attempt to pry his fingers away from her source of air.

Futile...

Everything was going dark. She couldn't see, she couldn't hear, hear a whisper or shout. Only pain. A searing pain that erupted from her neck and branched out to every muscle in her body. She was going to die on her first mission! How horrible was that?

In desperation she tried to dig her neatly trimmed fingernails into the demon's claws. She felt something beginning to pour out of her mouth and down her chin.
Blood?

She was crying inside because she did not have enough air to show it on the outside.

Escape was impossible.

I can't... I can't do anything. Some... bo...dy... h...he...lp... mm...e...
Why had this happened to her? Why not someone else? Why?
Why...

Zathura was pretty sure she was dead by now, but he kept her up there until he knew for certain.

Maybe another five minutes or so. He really should have stuck with tearing her flesh off before he killed her, but for some reason he had gone the sissy way.
He was disappointed with himself, was he losing his touch?

The Angel's clean blood was dribbling down his arm from the side of her mouth. He winced in disgust, not only that, but he felt the side of his arm going numb. Did Angels have venomous blood? No. That was way too tough a thought for the likes of them.

He would have to bathe after touching her, disgusting creature. But he would have fun burning the body, he'd never had the chance to kill one before, an Angel that is. He wondered if the angel's wings could be singed off ... if he found them for that matter.

Weren't Angels supposed to have wings or something lame like that?

Like it had read his thoughts, the light gray feathery wings of the Angel opened up. Black speckles dotted the tips of each feather, making it appear like a checkerboard. It was clear now that the angel was dying, or already dead, he still wasn't quite positive. Could it hurry it up already; his arm was losing circulation.

He grinned up at the gray wings, they had begun to sag lower to the ground, lower, lower...

It was the last second of life when it happened.

A bright light flashed before Zathura's eyes. He released the angel from his clutches and squinted, his hand over is eyes. "What the hell?" he hissed, though he was still able to see a bit of what was happening. He couldn't make sense of it, she was only glowing extremely bright. He hoped it would stop soon, he didn't want to go blind for a bitch like her.

The girl lay on all fours against the blood-covered ground.

The corpses of humans had long since disappeared, everything was being enveloped in a bright light, like being replaced by a white blanket.

Zathura decided then and there that it was time to leave. He didn't want to disappear like the corpses had. He turned from the fallen angel and began to walk swiftly away and out of the light. Suddenly the path of blood-covered grass he had been following disappeared as well.

Everything around him was clear and covered in a white sheet and he was a black stain in the middle of it.

For the first time in meeting this angel, his heart began to speed up.
Frightened now, he was worried that he had already disappeared and this was the place he had been taken to!

But then suddenly he saw a heap of gray and speckled black. It morphed into the fairy creature, before his very eyes!

Zathura could hear her gasping for air. Heaving in as much as she could whilst trying not to cough it out at the same time. The girl shifted in her spot, crawling forward on all fours, still trying to suck in air and clutched her throat. The fire demon was tempted to run at her, to make her tell him what the bloody hell she was doing; but something told him that even she did not know.

Suddenly she looked up, her hair hid half of her face, revealing only one bright blue eye, the side of her nose and the dried blood on her chin. There was a determined look in her eyes now that Zathura hadn't seen before. He stepped back in surprise. Did all Angels do this when they died?

He took up a fighting stance, spreading his arms apart and widening the range of his claws. He bared his teeth and hissed.

Cereus slowly got to her feet. First her arms, dangled lifelessly off the ground as she began to put weight on her legs. She straightened her back with a swift snap and flicked her hair back, determination flashed dangerously in her eyes.

Zathura swallowed hard, his eyes locked on the girl, the girl's locked on his.
With everything she could muster, she tore her gaze away from the demon and looked around.

Everything was bright and happy. She felt a small comfort, this place reminded her of Heaven. Of home.

Her eyes found their way back to the demon before her. She was ready now. A flood of new found courage found its way into her veins and she clenched her fists.

Cereus knew what to do. Not that it might be right or wrong, she hadn't read the manual after all, but she was going to attempt to purify him. Her mother had always told her never to try this unless she had to, but right now this seemed like the right time.

It came as instinct to her, she felt her arm lifting high over her head; the demon hissed loudly. She then took her other arm and put it in front of her; he stepped back, confused.

Zathura continued to back away, he tilted his head to the side. What was she doing?

She began to pull at an invisible arrow, merely pretending but truly believing, and then knowing that there was an invisible arrow in her outstretched hand. It seemed foolish but she kept it up and before she knew it, there really was a bow and an arrow in her hold!

The bow was white, just like everything else, but on it, it had letters written in gold in the center. The instructions became crystal clear.

Pointing the tip of the flaming blue arrow at Zathura, the demon's eyes widened in fear and he stepped back, growling.

She chose that time to read it out loud, "Take thy mighty arrow and purify the unholy!" and with that, she let go of the arrow...

Chapter End

Aaawhyme

Old 10-19-2009, 12:45 AM

((Alright, this is the last FINISHED chapter. I have a part of Chapter four ready, if you want me to post that I will, but for now, I'll leave it with this chapter. I don't want to come off as spamming or anything. :/

As for this chapter, I really want to know what you think about the whole 'purifying bit of it'. Is that part lame? Should I change it? What ideas do you have that would make that part seem less stupid?
I thought the part where he was in her room was funny, but should I divulge more into WHY she brought him to her house or should I just leave it how it is? I don't want to confuse people. Also, how is my grammar and wording? ))

The Angel Demon
Chapter 3
Purified

The pain started out as a light throb. Zathura winced and placed a pale finger over the arrow in his chest. Stumbling back he tripped over his own feet and crashed to the white covered ground. He was beginning to feel sick, the pain was growing more intense with each minute.

He couldn't bring himself to pull the arrow out. Every time he tried he decided against it and continued to bare with the pain. He was certain that if he withdrew the holy object he would pass out and find himself in hell when he woke up.

Frightened now and his heart pounding in his ears, the pain began to increase but he conjured up enough strength to pull himself to his feet.

The Angel stood in front of him, frozen in the position she had just used to impale him.

Zathura swayed on the spot, realizing his vision was becoming blurry. "Y-You little... f-fuck." he moaned, swinging his claws out to the sides and staggering forward.
The pain was worsening as time went on.

It was like someone was continuously slamming him against a wall covered in tiny needles. Over and over again, one beat at a time. Was there a cure to this agony? Was he going back to Hell? I'm not going to let that bitch get away with this!

Cereus, mortified by what she had done, stared mindlessly at the demon. Was the arrow going to kill him? She was hoping it would purify him or something strange like that!

Cereus saw the demon stumbled backwards again and fall forwards onto his face, a muffled groan of pain came soon after. His head turned over to the side and she could see a bright glimmer in his eyes. Her heart sunk and hit the bottom of her stomach.

Tears?

Dread filled her, then grief and despair. What had she done? She didn't want to make him cry, even after what he had tried to do to her. Without hesitation, she ran towards him and fell to her knees beside his limp, shaking figure.

"I-I a-am so sorry!" She bellowed, hoping he would take that into consideration. But something told her he wasn't listening or if he was, he really didn't care.

He groaned again, clutching the place where the arrow had impaled him. He clutched the arrow tightly and attempted to rip it out. He failed miserably and let out a roar of pain.

Zathura was aware of the angel sitting beside him. Could she actually be feeling regret for what she did? He wanted her to suffer like he was suffering. He vowed he would get her for this, even if it was the last thing he did.

With the last ounce of his vastly decreasing strength, he pulled his face forward and onto the white ground. He released his clenched jaws in reluctance and bit down on the ground beneath him.

The effects were instantaneous.

Dark specks of red splattered against the white surroundings and began to let off a large amount of heat. Now beginning to smolder the ground, steam jetting into the air; everything was becoming increasingly hot.

Focusing hard, Zathura moved the heat around the white scenery and towards the damned angel.

Cereus stood up and looked around, she clenched her hands together with worry and bit her lower lip.

All over the ground, coming towards her were dark red specks of heat. They traveled through the ground, following her when she retreated away from the demon.

She knew for a fact, that if they touched her something terrible would happen. She tried to blow the incoming specks of smoldering red away from her, but her efforts were in vein. Cereus leaped back, surprised by the enormous amount of heat the red spots where letting off. And before she knew it, the tip of her toe had made contact with one.

In a second, she was aflame. The fires scorching only her clothes for the moment she was enclosed in an explosion of fire. Shrieking in surprise she ripped off the outer layer of her flower white robe and leaped aside, watching as it burned to a crisp, now only in a white under dress and leggings. Glad that her body was untouched, she turned back to Zathura who had now passed out.

Enlaced by a light glow, he lay with his eyes closed and a face so peaceful he almost looked like a sleeping angel, if it had not been for the massive amounts of blood splattered all over his body and clothes.

Suddenly, everything became dim and before she knew it, they were back to the graveyard of dead humans.

It took her moments to get used to the change in atmosphere. The air was thick with moist dry blood and the sound of wind whipping at her thin layer of clothes. It was night now and the stars were high in the sky, millions of them all clumped together in large groups.

Cereus looked down at the demon who lay, unconscious before her and she swallowed, her throat extremely dry. "I-I really did it, I purified him..." she croaked, looking around the crimson covered wasteland.

What was she to do now?

-----------

He opened one feeble eyelid and timidly looked around. His head felt like it was against something soft and squishy, not like the hard ground he was so used to; but not only that, his whole body felt this way.

Though his eyes were dim and unfocused he made out a small room with soft pink wallpaper covering the walls. An elephant stuffy sat in the corner of the room staring at him and not far off beside it was a row of kitty posters all in different positions.

This was probably the most horrifying thing he had ever woken up to, especially after what had just happened to him.

Wait a minute! What had just happened to him?

Quickly bolting upward Zathura knocked three or four plushies off of the frilly blue bed, not to mention a couple dozen-puppy pillows too. “What the devil is this shit!?” He gasped and fell out of the bed, hitting the hard wood floor with a loud thud. He was not on the floor for very long before he had jumped to his feet and made for the door, which stood alone by a bright pink rug.

However just as he reached for the golden handle it turned and the door flung open, hitting him hard in the head and knocking him backwards to the floor again.

“Oh, oh my goodness you’re awake!” a shocked response came before Zathura could open his eyes. Big black spots filled his vision as he attempted to ease the pain of his forehead by rubbing it.

“Darn as hell I am!” he snapped, his eyesight returning to greet him with the lovely pink room he had already come to love so much.
And there standing over him was the young angel that had pierced him with the arrow!

Suddenly, yellow and blue eyes locked together and everything that had happened the night before flashed quickly to mind like a swarm of insects enjoying a muddy puddle.

“You…” Zathura found his way to his feet before Cereus could speak and went to dig his sharp claws into her flawless skin.

But then an enormous feeling of which he’d never felt before swelled up inside him and he stopped half an inch from her unblinking, horrified face.
Before he could recover she slapped his hand away and ran back out the door, slamming it shut.

Zathura could hear it lock from the outside and the sound of footsteps pattering down a wooden staircase, then another door slam shut.

Silence.

Hours went by where he violently attacked the walls, windows and door of the room but no matter what he did it was impossible to escape.

Obviously there was a demon seal on the outside of the room, or if not that it was a force field. Though that was not likely because force fields were more difficult for a young Angel like her to do alone.

Not too soon after did Zathura find himself sitting helplessly on the side of the feathered bed, staring at the teddy bears that were scattered around the room staring back at him. It seemed to him like everything in the entire room was watching him.

Examining him like a strange specimen from another world. He’d felt this way many times before from when he had been in Hell under his master’s watchful eyes.

It was too bright in here, just like the white sheet he had encountered before; he felt out of place in all these ruffles, it was quite unnatural to him.

Finally, after he was certain she would never come back and he was destined to spend eternity in this prison of pink, the door handle clicked and began to turn in hesitation.
He quickly shot to his feet and make for the door but then decided against it and sat back down on the puffy bed; he didn’t want to scare her off like before, he needed questions answered, pronto.

The angel’s head peeked through a crack in the door and laid its eyes on Zathura sitting quietly on the bedside.

Cereus shuffled timidly into the room and stood with one hand on the door handle, ready to flee if he should attack again. She cleared her throat and gave him a slow nod. She wasn’t sure why she did but it seemed that if he nodded back everything would be okay between them for the time being.

He nodded back and she exhaled in relief, letting go of the handle.

“A-Alright. So, my name is Cereus…” She croaked, not taking her wide eyes off of him, “I’m… sorry about yesterday, please forgive me?” she muttered stepping forward an inch and flinching in ready for his reply.

He was quite taken back by this, this had not been what he was expecting at all. “What?” he was confused. Why was she apologizing? After all, he had started their fight, it was his fault. He had acted like a jerk and…-

What the fuck was he thinking? Hell yes she should be apologizing! It was all her fault! Every last bit of it! She had been the one to read off that damned message, it was her fault she had jabbed that goddamn arrow into him, and it was her fault he had just been thinking that it wasn’t her fault! What a friggen cow! She should rot in hell for this!

Cereus wondered what was going through his mind at the moment since he had an odd expression on his face. One of anger and confusion but also a deeper look, like there was something clawing at the surface to get out… a calmer expression.
But Cereus was so accustom to his evil sneering face that she did not recognize it.
“I’m … sorry.” She repeated, bowing her head.

Zathura bared his teeth and lunged forward, “I SWEAR, IF I HEAR THAT BLOODY WORD AGAIN I’LL TEAR YOUR FACE CLEAN OFF!”

Cereus shrieked in surprise and shrunk against the wall, sliding to the floor in a ball.

She saved herself from saying sorry again by slapping a hand to her mouth and biting her tongue.

She had always thought that if something was purified it would be really nice and caring, just like the angels. But he wasn’t nice at all, it was like he hadn’t changed one bit!

Why was this happening to her? What did she do to the All Mighty to deserve this madness?

Bring a demon to Heaven…

She swallowed and felt a quiver of regret buzz through her veins.
Rule number one in the book of What Not To Do On Earth, was to bring a demon up to Heaven.

Unfortunately since she had skipped out on reading the rules she hadn’t realized what she’d done and once she had brought him up here all was lost. She had read the rules after she had placed his unconscious body on her bed and soon found that the rules were very serious indeed… all of them were.

‘Rule number one: NEVER, under any circumstances, bring a demon to Heaven. This is an unholy act and will result in the offender being cast out of Heaven and banished to Hell.

Rule number two: DO NOT ever purify a demonic being without specific permission from either the All Mighty or the White Council. Anyone failing to respect this rule will be banned from any holy rights and shunned by society.’

Cereus had only read till the end of rule two because she did not want to see any more rules she had broken just yet. She didn’t think her heart could handle very much more.

She looked back up at the demon; he was the first and second rule she had broken all in one day. Tears filled her eyes and found themselves two pairs of cheeks to slither down, drenching her and her clothes as she began to bawl her eyes out.

And now she’s crying. Zathura shook his head from on the bed in astonishment. It was amazing how this girl could break so easily. She would never last a good minute in Hell, let alone the cruel effects Earth could unleash. She was way too feeble and he decided to tell her so, “My god, what the hell is the matter with you?” he snarled, crossing his arms.

Cereus continued to cry harder, her head in her arms, her knees holding up her forehead and her back bobbing up and down with every sob.

Suddenly Zathura was filled with a strange new feeling, which was sort of like the one he had felt before when he had been about to attack her. The feeling confused him even more than he already was.

It was like a rock had sunk into the pit of his stomach and someone had lassoed it and was tugging it out his navel. Of course, he was even more confused as to how a rock could get into his stomach without his knowing it and to who exactly was tugging the rope.

But looking at her, the feeling became worse and for some reason he wanted desperately to go over there and place his arms around her. What the devil for? He didn’t understand.

He fought against this new feeling and soon his normal demonic instincts won. It quickly took over and soon all he felt was the familiar anger and yearn to tear her limb from limb, to shut her up so he could sit in peace and then yearn for more again and again… and again.

Chapter End

Aaawhyme

Old 10-30-2009, 04:59 AM

I guess it really is that awful then...

how depressing -__-;;