0oMoonlighto0
Moon

Old 02-08-2010, 01:13 PM

Before the little mermaid, a young boy meets the first mermaid. Many rules set upon mermaids at this time. If the rules are broken, mermaid will be banished to be sentenced for death.

The Tail: Beginning of mermaids

Once in time, there were creatures among us. Very different, but very alike. They contain power beyond human world. Some were able to bend water, and some could control minds of any living thing. Bending water was considered rare, only princesses could contain such power. Kings could contain both powers.
Our story starts us off with a young princess who they call Aida, and a young boy who they call Joseph. Aida was no ordinary girl; she was born underwater with a tail and raised by creatures like herself. Aida’s father was called King Abbes. Her mother, had been killed after Aida was born. When a new creature is born, mothers must be killed. If not killed, then the daughter or son will have a curse. This curse pauses there life time and keeps them from living.
These Creatures had many beliefs. Girls would be considered as women at the age of seventeen. Husbands were chosen for the girls once they had become woman. If any creature would refuse or break laws, they would be banished and sent to the water of sharks to be killed. Such laws were; No disobeying parents. No going above water. No talking back. No loving, until married. And the most important law of all, no contact with humans.
There is only one thing a creature could do to become human. It was powerful and very risky. They must fall in love, and kiss a human. But the human’s kiss must be the creatures’ first kiss for her or him to become human. The kiss must also be real. Once kissed the creature may not be able to turn back into its original form until the love is broken.
These creatures live in a city underwater called Antilandis. Aida wasn't an ordinary princess, she had always dreamt about seeing and talking to humans. Aida would always sneak out and see what the land looked like from above.

One morning Aida woke up from a beautiful dream, she had dreamed of kissing and becoming one of the humans. She got out of her reef and went to go eat. “Morning father.” She mumbled as she grabbed some coral and clams and went out for a swim. “Aida. Stay close by.” The king told his daughter. “Yes father!” She shouted as she swam further away. Aida swam and swam until she saw a small object shoot into the water from above. She went towards it, more shot into the water. “Rocks? Where are they coming from?” She went to the surface and saw 2 guys throwing rocks into the water. She tried staying out of sight but she wanted to get closer. She swam to an area where they wouldn't be able to see her. She watched them as they walked, talked, and skipped the rocks on top of the water. “How’re they making the rocks skip along the water?” She asked herself.
One of the guys said, “Hey Joseph, I got to get going.” “Alright, see ya Anthony.” Replied Joseph. Anthony left and Joseph sat there skipping rocks while singing to his self. Aida wanted to get closer, so she climbed up on the land and hid behind a rock. Joseph took out from a bag, a flat white sheet of some sort, and a pointed thing. Aida sat there wondering what he was doing. Joseph started sliding the pointed thing across the paper and it started to make colors. “Amazing!” She said to herself.
Aida tried to get closer but fell back into the water and startled Joseph. Aida’s tail was hidden below water; Joseph came over and saw her. “Oh my gosh, are you okay?” Joseph grabbed her hand and helped her up. As soon as he saw her tail, he freaked out and let her go. “What the… What is that?!” He shouted as she fell back into the water. She looked at him frightened and backed away slowly. “Wait, I’m sorry.” He walked towards her a bit. She kept her distance. “My name is Joseph, what’s yours?” He asked her. “Aida.” She replied back. “What are you? If you don’t mind me asking” He sat down on the ground. “I’m a, mermaid.” Aida said as she sat on a rock in the water. Joseph laughed a bit. “Like the word human isn’t funny. What’s human even suppose to mean?” Aida giggled as she replied. “Okay, okay. You made your point.” Joseph chuckled a bit as he looked at Aida. “I have to be getting home now.” He told her. “Will you be back tomorrow?” Aida asked him. “Sure.” He smiled then got his stuff and headed off. Aida sat there smiling. Thinking about tomorrow. She swam to home. She saw her fathers face, and knew she was in some trouble. “Aida! Where have you been?! I told you to stay close by! Did I not??” “I’m sorry father, I was just exploring.” Aida replied stuttering. “If this happens again you will be grounded and will never be allowed to swim out again! Am I clear??” “Yes father” She said as she looked down. “Good, now go get ready, we’re going to be eating.”
Aida went off to her room and sat at her shell, she got some threads with beads and decorated her hair and tail, then she headed to the big shell to eat. “So Aida, what did you do with your day?” Asked King Abbes. “Um, I went to, um, to Zara’s house. I had to return some threads she lent to me a couple days ago.”
After dinner Aida went to her room to go to sleep.
The following morning, when Aida woke up, she started to stress out. “What am I going to say when I meet Joseph?? When are we meeting??” Aida swam around her room asking herself many questions. Aida had no idea when she was suppose to meet Joseph. For just in case reasons, Aida swam to where they met yesterday and waited for him.
Hours later, Joseph showed. “Hey Aida.” Joseph said. “Hi Joseph.” Aida said shyly.
They talked, laughed, and had some fun. A month passed and still everyday Aida and Joseph would meet up and talk, some days Joseph would bring some human stuff to show Aida, as Aida did the same.
One cold day, Aida had woken from her dream of Joseph. As she swam to where they eat she saw her father waiting for her. She went to her father. “Father, what is wrong?” “Aida. Cold is coming, we must move to warmer water.” Aida nodded and went to her room. After her father left to go pack she swam as fast as she could to her and Joseph’s place. “Joseph!” She yelled to him. “Cold is coming.” “Yes. I know. Is something wrong?” He looked at her slightly confused. “My kind moves when cold come. If we stay behind, the cold will kill us. We come back after the coldness has left. I won’t be back till the middle of spring.” He looked at her for a second, then looked to the ground. “You promise you will come back?” He asked her. “I promise.” Aida said. They both hugged, and then off Aida went. As she swam back home she felt weird, something she never felt before. She felt sad, terrified, she didn’t know what she would do if she never got to see him again.
All mermaids in Antilandis swam together and headed off to find warm water.
Everyday from then on, Joseph sat at his and Aida’s place, dreaming of when them two would meet again.
Spring had came, Joseph started to go to there place 2 times a day, just in case Aida would show early. He’d stay three hours each day, waiting, dreaming, and drawing. He had drawn many pictures of the ocean and Aida. He couldn’t wait to show Aida his masterpiece. He had been working on a picture of Aida, with feet. He drew her with a long white dress, standing on a beach, snow white sand, and clear blue water. He couldn’t wait to show her. Every day, he’d think of something new to add to the picture. One day it was a single rose, lying in the sand, just beside her. Another day it would be doves lurking secretly in the trees, keeping her safe.
One day, as Joseph sat in his and Aida’s spot, he had just finished putting the last touches on the painting, he heard something behind him. He turned quickly and saw Aida, Sitting there, with blue beads in her hair and some purple threads hanging on her tail. “Aida!” He quickly ran to her and hugged her. She hugged him back. They were both so excited, all day they nonstop talked, laughed, and Joseph also showed Aida his master piece painting.

After a couple months, Aida’s father started to worry about Aida. He wondered where she had been wondering off to. So he sent two of his men to go spy on her.
Aida woke up one morning and swam straight to her and Joseph’s place. The two men followed and saw the human. Both of them quickly swam back to King Abbes and told him what they had seen. King Abbes gave them orders to send the princess to the water of sharks, to be killed.
Joseph had to go early today; he had to cook supper for his mom. So they said there good byes, hugged, and headed off. Aida was singing to her self, swimming freely, dozing off, threw the waters. “Ugh!” She yelped as she ran into the two men. She was confused. “Who are you?” The two men quickly chained her arms up and headed towards the water of sharks. “What’re you doing?! Let me go!! Help! Someone help!” She screamed as she tried to break free. One of the men rapped seaweed around her mouth for her to keep quite. Then, they got to the water of sharks. Aida breathed heavily as she tried to break free. The two men chained some weights to her tail and let her go. She slowly sunk down to the bottoms of the dark waters. Trying her hardest to break free, trying her hardest to scream. The two men left. Aida hit the bottom, looking up, trying to see if there was anybody out there who could help her.
Something happened, the rocks and under land started to shake, Rocks came smashing to the bottom. Aida looked up and one rock came shooting down, it had hit her. Blood came from her head, spreading into the waters. Her eyes became heavier; she struggled as she tried to stay awake. Minutes have past and Aida’s eyes have started to fail her. Her eyes slowly closed… “No.” Aida said in her mind. “I must stay awake.” She opened her eyes, she was tired and very weak. She looked up, and saw something. There was a shadow, far, far away. It started to come closer, but Aida’s eyes have failed her once more. Her eyes tightly closed.
The following morning came, and Joseph had something for Aida. He wanted to give her a present; it was a small silver locket with Aida’s name on the front. He waited and waited, but Aida never showed. It was time for Joseph to go home. “Maybe she’s busy, or something.” He said to himself. He took the gift and headed off to home.
The next day, he showed up with the gift, and waited. But Aida still never showed. He started to worry a bit.
Weeks have past and everyday Joseph would go to his and Aida’s place with the gift, waiting for her. He kept thinking to himself, what he did wrong, or if something happened to her. He worried more and more, he knew she would show sometime. He never gave up hope or her. Months past by, Joseph was torn into pieces, he was nothing, he always keeps to himself and never shares how he feels with anyone. He missed her. He loved her.
He still would go, once a week, to His and Aida’s place. He kept the gift safe, kept it in good condition for when he would meet her again.

Back threw the waters, into the water of sharks, down to the dark ocean floors, where Aida had been banished to, lays chains holding nothing. Away swam a huge black shadow, drifting further away, until it was no longer in sight.

To be continued...