Fortis Silas
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-25-2010, 07:06 AM

So, I've been on a mad doodle binge lately and thought I may as well show off some of my artwork. It's pretty bad, but I could use some critiquing to try and improve.

WARNING: What I draw is often strange, dark, morbid and adorable. Don't look if you're easily scared, don't like looking at things with sharp pointy teeth or hate going "awww!" at things that could probably eat you.

(I didn't have the heart to rip the pages out of my sketch pad, so you can see a bit of the drawings behind them. >.> I tried to fix it, but I'm lazy so I left most of it.)

(What it says is truefax. o.o )

Rawrrrr!

I love this one. It's so cute! n_n

This one was particularly fun to draw. Deformed humanesque bodies have a weird artistic appeal to me.

NSFW. This one's got violence and gore innit. YOU HATH BEEN WARNED.

SPOILERX

http://i45.tinypic.com/sfc8yb.jpg

To be or not to be...headed! Ack. Bad pun, bad pun. I'm sorry.

Also NSFW, but that's because this one has a topless lady in it. ( YOU HATH BEEN WARNED....AGAIN.

SPOILERX

http://i49.tinypic.com/2iabrrr.jpg

It's from a comic I thought about making involving the seven deadly sins. As you guessed, this one may have been Lust.

Err. I guess that's all I have right now that seemed particularly scannable. Thoughts?

I know it's a bit weird, but I have fun drawing them. Hopefully people enjoy seeing them, too.

Kifflemonster
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-25-2010, 07:38 AM

Ahh, I love how macabre your stuff is! The way you pay attention to detail is also lovely, like fur and veins and such. What sort of artists are an inspiration to your work, if any?

Fortis Silas
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-25-2010, 07:59 AM

I've kind of pieced together a style over the years. A lot of it is from my own influence, but you can see I got a little from my love of Jhonen Vasquez.

I think a lot of it comes from my nightmares, honestly. I spent almost my entire childhood having nightmares, and with me having a vast imagination I started to picture those shapes in the real world. Nowadays I can look at virtually any object - animate or non - and picture what it would look like as a twisted monster. Sometimes I'll just be sitting there and a lightpost is suddenly a rampaging beast, or a lump of clothes on my floor as I try to go to bed is a horrid demi-creature waiting to strangle me. That's not to say I believe they're real or that I really see them, but I can picture them with perfect clarity in my mind's eye.

Does that sound stupid and creepy? >.> I think it does. If it's as weird as it sounds, I'm sorry.

Last edited by Fortis Silas; 06-25-2010 at 09:24 AM..

Kifflemonster
⊙ω⊙

Old 06-25-2010, 05:00 PM

It doesn't sound creepy at all. It sounds like a very vivid imagination, which is never a bad thing to have so long as one can differentiate reality from fantasy.

I thought as much that I saw a bit of the Vasquez style in there. x3 If you like him, check out some of Roman Dirge's stuff and the art in Nightmares and Fairy Tales by Serena Valentino. (Mostly Foo Swee Chin's work on volumes one to twelve.) And stepping out of the comic realm, I know that H.R. Giger's stuff is pretty morbid -- and NSFW at times. xD;; But if that doesn't bother you, have at it!

Fortis Silas
Dead Account Holder

Old 06-26-2010, 07:58 PM

I'll have to check them out!

I'm not really afraid of things being too morbid or NSFW. I have a weird habit of researching things that unsettle me, but if something isn't real I usually draw them. Some of my favorite drawings genuinely terrify me, and I constantly push myself to overcome my fears (and others to overcome theirs) by creating them and appreciating them as something more than just spooky. Any artist who does the same intrigues me, and I'll gladly look at the ones you named. Maybe I'll get some inspiration!