Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥
Send a message via AIM to Liztress

Old 04-30-2010, 10:37 PM

To Bee or Not To Bee?
A joint art auction for Apricot

Welcome to the joint art for Apricot! What is this about, you ask? Well, a lot of her friends have decided to come together and auction off their art for the funds needed to buy a pair of Bee Slippers for her. Now, we tried hard to keep this "dark deed" a secret from her. But it's out in the open now because we thought this would be a perfect way for us to earn the funds needed and offer people a chance to get art.

All artists (with the exception of Azazel, Silenia, and The Liztress due to their personal choices) will receive at the very most 20% of what the winning bid is for each artist's work.

Payment Options:
Gold
Commemorative Items
Event Items
Special NPC Gifts
Contribution Items

Deadline:
Two weeks from art auction opening

Rules:
  • Please don't make a bid unless you have the gold or items. Or if you don't intend to follow through with the deal.
  • Follow Menewsha's Rules, of course.
  • All funds will need to be sent to my mule, BurningDread.

Last edited by Liztress; 05-03-2010 at 04:05 AM..

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 04-30-2010, 11:04 PM

Artist Index

Aphrodite Remix
Azazel
Sera
Silenia
Spasmodia
The Liztress

Last edited by Liztress; 05-01-2010 at 08:07 PM..

Azazel
Forgot this was here. Deleted. G...

Old 05-01-2010, 12:04 AM

The reserving of this post has been paid for and approved by the Azazel for Moderator committee

Liztress
Mommy Zellony's Lizard ♥

Old 05-01-2010, 06:30 PM

About Me:

Name is Elizabeth and I go by the name of The Liztress on here. Most times, you can find me in the Exchange, Charity, Roleplaying, or Nations forums. I'm a 26 year old female. I enjoy surfing the internet, playing games, reading, writing, listening to music, and a bunch of other stuff.

Why I'm Doing This:

Because I adore and love Apricot to pieces. I know how she has the urge to sell items that she worked hard to earn just to get something else. That and I made it my goal when we became friends to bomb her with gifts. Of course, she's probably going to do some bombing herself when we get done with this. But I plan on hiding behind someone so she can't hit me. :)

Samples:

I've put the images in spoilers so it doesn't freeze the page up.

SPOILERX

Can and Cannot Do's:

I can
Draw avatars.
Chibis, somewhat.
Colored art.
Black and white.
Couples.

I can't
Draw extremely realistic. I can try but I promise nothing.
Draw in pen.
Original characters. But I am practicing this.

Last edited by Liztress; 05-05-2010 at 04:01 PM..

aphrodite remix
I am not an adventurer by choice...
Send a message via MSN to aphrodite remix

Old 05-01-2010, 07:28 PM

About Me:
♪ I'm Canadian, 23, female, called Kelly in the real world and Mixy, Dytie, Aphro, Kixy etc.. online
♫ I'm a lurker / lazy exchanger, been around since March 07 and enjoy various other avatar based forums
♪ I am a glass half full kind of person, and am generally in a good mood, cheery and ridiculous. I love to laugh and like being around or interacting with others that are themselves generally happy people
♫ I'm a hardcore table top gamer, love 80's cartoons and I enjoy cooking, drawing, writing, drawing/coloring, being ridiculous
♫ I want to be a hairdresser, make up artist, Archaeologist, Museum Curator, Librarian, Graphic Designer and Chef when I grow up
♪ I don't mind pm's regarding my art or questions you may have if you do not feel comfortable posting them in the thread. It is encouraged and from my own interactions with the others involved in this auction... probably the best since they're jerks. No no no I kid, they're fantastic so don't be shy and please post in the thread.

Why I Am Doing This:
★ She's as cute as a button
☆ She makes me laugh like crazy
★ She's very sweet - like that cupcake that had about 2 inches of frosting on top that you wanted to eat but didn't because you know that an hour later your stomach would hurt because of the sugar
☆ She appreciates what others do for her, and doesn't seem to take it for granted
★ Lizz and Silenia threatened to beat me if I didn't ( jk <3 )
☆ She deserves it, she's wanted them for a long time, tried saving up for them so why not have an auction in hopes of getting them for her

So whats the deal eh:

♥ I like to draw the ladies.
♠ I hate drawing men, and as such most male related avatars will most likely be rejected by me unless the offer is spectacular. No offense, I'm not a man hater I just don't enjoy drawing them as much as girls.
♣ I will draw couples ONLY if the offer is lunar, out of orbit or some other fancy term for astronomical. Generally however couples will be 1/2 or 3/4 body. Full body will require some bribery
♦ I don't do color. Why? Because I am out of markers, I still don't know how to use photoshop/corel painter properly (just learning) and I only have pencil crayons. While they're not terrible they do dig up my sketchbook.
♥ I love ink. Everything will be black and white, I shade with dots because they're cute and fun. I have blue and purple acrylic ink as well so that is the extent of the accent that you may request.
♠ I don't draw furry, pron, mecha etc.. any of those no dice. However if you have kitty ears or would like whiskers or a tail, that is absolutely acceptable.
♣ I will however draw your avatar from any site you wish as long as the offer is reasonable. I will not draw your Gaia avi for 300g when I know on Gaia I can sell my art for upwards of 20k for a full body. OC's are welcome as long as you either already have a reference pic, or a detailed description.
♦ I will do my best to have your art to you in a timely fashion and will always keep you posted as to what stage it is in, along with providing you a w.i.p or 2, before going onto completion so that you will have the option of changing the pose, how I've drawn an item etc... Don't be afraid to speak up if you do not like something. This is your art, I don't take offense to criticism.
♥ I reserve the right to remove items as needed, and will not draw obscenely cluttered avatars. Before removing any items however I will most definitely consult you the customer.

Samples and what I am offering:

Pin - Ups.

If you have a specific pose in mind, please provide a reference or at the very least a detailed description. These are not completed works but the only samples I had on hand:

The Ladies in ink.

Offering Full, 3/4, 1/2. If you have a specific pose in mind, please provide a reference or at the very least a detailed description. Here are the most recent samples:

The Man in ink.

Offering Full, 3/4, 1/2. If you have a specific pose in mind, please provide a reference or at the very least a detailed description. Again this is going to only be for a bribe or very high offer. Here is the sample:

The non detailed Headshot in pencil:

The you become my creation.

Basically you provide me with your picture, and I will interpret it how I see fit and draw you in my style in ink. An example would be my friend ebony who dressed up goth/victorian for a party.
This is her picture:
This is her after I drew her:
This is not open to full bodies, but headshot possibly bust only. And as this is a relatively new thing for me, I'm going to have to say no to zeh men. I truly apologize. Maybe if there is enough interest I will think of practicing to draw men.

Well this should just about sum up what I can and can't do... and what you should be expect and what is expected of you. Again and questions or concerns you have please feel free to post them or pm me. I'll be happy to assist, or answer your questions any way that I can.

Last edited by aphrodite remix; 05-02-2010 at 11:03 PM..

Spasmodic
ʘ‿ʘ
Banned

Old 05-02-2010, 09:36 AM

About Me:

I'm a girl. I'm fifteen years old. I am from the land of the brave (not) otherwise known as Scotland. I answer to the name of: Spasmodic, Spasm, Spas, Spazzy, Mo-Mo & Mody. Feel free to invent any nickname of your choosing for me.

I love music, art, fashion, reading, writing, games, movies, fun, nights out, nights in, animals and of course food.

Why I Am Helping Apri:

Well, in the long ago days of last week Sellie propositioned me when I was a new and vulnerable user (jokes) and offered me the chance to work on a super secret art auction for Apricot to help her get one of the items she wants. Now, due to Apri's extreme awesomeness factor and the fact she gave me one of the cutest nicknames ever (Mo-Mo) how could I refuse? So yes, blame Sellie for my art infiltrating your screens :P

Prices:

Pfft....I'll accept anything really, no bribery or huge offers required. I am an easily pleased person.

Samples:

Cans & Can'ts:

Cartoonishness is my natural style so I am afraid realistic drawings are out the window. Decent shots? Sorry my scanner is bust so I am afriad I can only take them with my phone camera at this point in time.

My favourite things to draw are in fact the disney characters, I am much better at them than avatars but I do give a good try when faced with one.

I don't like super clutterd avis as I just get flustered and cry...so be kind when offering me an avatar.

I do any site avatar if offered a decent price.

All my art is coloured.

Last edited by Spasmodic; 05-02-2010 at 10:00 AM..