Nova_Alchemist
^~^
Send a message via MSN to Nova_Alchemist Send a message via Yahoo to Nova_Alchemist

Old 07-10-2018, 02:07 AM

Amber leaned back in the van seat, thinking over a few things. They hadn't gotten back yet to give her the phone, what could the hacker gotten from just a background check on the family? She didn't quite understand how good of a hacker Garcia was. She wasn't so sure she could handle the result of the case.. Like Garcia, she was very bad at handling things like blood and death. Or seeing someone in a pretty bad state. She was squeamish, very much so.

Garcia quickly answered the call with a sing-song "I was just about to call you guys! Put me on speaker, sugar." Causing Amber to jump slightly, and turn her attention to the phone Morgan was holding. She also had sensitive hearing, so the woman's shout was definitely heard. Once she was on speaker, Garcia spoke again, "Okay so the only thing I have to go off right now are background checks and so-on but with my awesome skills, I have dug my way down into the deeper secrets of the mother and father of the vic. The father actually put ma into a phyc. ward a year ago for the use of heavy psychotic drug use- she was there up until the time the vic. went missing. The vic. went to stay with her father and the two of them really bonded. When the mother got out, she showed up at dad's house and totally flipped. Dad filed a police report which resulted in him going to jail for 'provoking' her. As far as I know, he's still in jail for another few days." Garcia spoke, making herself sound clear and very proud of her skills.

Amber blinked a couple times, actually impressed. All of that just from back-ground checks? "Wow, no wonder you work for the FBI, you're amazing." She complemented. Anyone could tell Garcia was blushing due to her quietness.

*~After arriving back at the BAU~*

Amber had given the phone to Garcia the minute she got the chance to, and according to the hacker, there wasn't really anything in the phone except some photos of her and her father and a single phone call that was asking if she come to court. The vic. never showed though, and that was around the time she was kidnapped. "Which puts mommy dearest back on our suspect list." Garcia said quietly. Amber sighed quietly and glanced at the newly present Rossi. "She won't talk to us, the woman is unstable and clearly blames me. How do we deal with this?" Amber asked hesitantly.

Last edited by Nova_Alchemist; 12-15-2018 at 03:43 PM..

Nova_Alchemist
^~^
Send a message via MSN to Nova_Alchemist Send a message via Yahoo to Nova_Alchemist

Old 12-15-2018, 03:44 PM

Immy: timeskip implied lolz
Hope it gives you.something to work with

Immy
Winter Is Here...I think...

Penpal

Old 12-15-2018, 07:34 PM

The lookout for Amber's friend was still on the go. The team found leads but not much was being said about clues. Rane on the other hand started staying a mile away from the team, close enough to intervene, but far enough to watch out for them and threats.

A note was given to Rane by a complete stranger saying "I was told to give this to you and leave it at that. Have a good day." and the woman left scared for her life yet she lived and wasn't harmed. Though Rane knew better than to go ask for details involving an innocent's life. It was a map and currently she was on the way home from an evening walk. Rane went to go find Amber and talk with her about it. Entering the apartment she called out " 'ey Amber, are you in here? Need to talk."

Nova_Alchemist: wanted to write more but lets start here :P

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 12-15-2018, 07:44 PM

Immy: it's a good start :)

Amber had eventually gone home like everyone else. Rossi actually wanted her to try and talk to the mother alone, which Reid didn't like to hear but he didn't argue. Rossi probably had a plan, and he'd have the team ready to get her if anything happened. So, right now Amber was on the computer doing her own 'research' using Karin's blog account that she just thought of. If she found anything, she'd call Hotch or Reid.

When she heard Rand return home, she raised her head to glance at her roommate, before getting up from the computer desk. "What's up?"

Immy

Penpal

Old 12-15-2018, 09:46 PM

Nova_Alchemist: Here we go again. Let's try to see if this works out better this time.

Rane looked over after shutting the door and it auto locked itself. Rane was good at a few things and what she excelled in was playing with random technology. "I was given this map and told to share it with you. It may lead us somewhere but let's keep it between you and I, I think it may help to find your friend." Rane showed her the map that seemed similar to her friend's house but still revealed an extra house either above it or below it. So the question was, was it in the same place as the original house or a separate location/

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 12-15-2018, 10:57 PM

Immy: right? lolz

Amber blinked as Rane showed her the map. Someone gave her this map, and told her to share with herself? Who? Forget it, she knew better than to ask. Ambered studied the map carefully. It did seem similar to Karin's house, but the extra building through her for a loop. 'What the hell?' She wondered to herself, racking her brain for an answer.

(omg.. short x.x)

Immy

Penpal

Old 12-15-2018, 11:28 PM

Nova_Alchemist: that's okay so is mine.

"I'd suggest we go back to the house, you try and talk to her mother if she's there. I'll be at a distant in hiding in order to make sure you're safe. Or we go back when we don't believe they'll be there, I've already studied the patterns. Although before we make a move I need to talk to Hotch about something. It wouldn't be wise to make a move without his say on another matter." Rane suggested having an idea on how to work this into play.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 12-16-2018, 12:39 AM

Immy: :p

Amber simply glanced up at Rane when she spoke and nodded. "Sounds good. Rossi wanted me to try and talk to her anyway." She said, liking her plan and it went with Rossi telling her to talk with the woman alone. Maybe she could crack that shell of hers or something. She nodded once more. "Alright, we'll wait until you talk to Hotch." She said.

Immy

Penpal

Old 12-16-2018, 12:57 AM

Nova_Alchemist: Hi there.

"Go ahead and go back to your research, I'll make some herbal tea and get the kettle on." Ahna kept a whistling tea kettle she bought years ago taking it out of the cabinet and putting it on the stove. Filling it up with herbs and water she walked away as it was turned on ready to start boiling. It wouldn't be too long before it would be ready. "Motherhouse security lock all windows and doors when I leave except for Amber's voice recognition if needed. Alert me if all else is needed." "Voice confirmed, REW. Have a good evening." with that Rane walked out of the apartment sending Hotch a text:

Rane: [Hey Hotch, are you up? Is this too late?] She would rather speak in person as she got on her motorcycle and put her helmet on.

Rossi wound up texting Amber: [Have you given my idea any thoughts?]

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 12-16-2018, 01:10 AM

Immy: Ahna? Thinking about Naruto much lol :p

Amber nodded lightly and did just that. She sat back down at her computer desk and began looking through the blog website, listening to Rane talk to the security system before she left. She sighed quietly when her phone buzzed and she pulled out her phone to look at the text. Reply to the text with, [I don't know how it's going to go.. But I will try talking to her, alone. Rane needs to talk Hotch first though, is that okay?] She knew they didn't have a lot of time..but Rand made it pretty clear she needed to talk to Hotch about something.

---

Aaron was at home during on a cup of tea that his wife made him. He couldn't sleep with all the paperwork and other things buzzing around his head. He glanced at his phone. [It's fine, did something happen?] He sent her a text and leaned back in his chair some.

Immy

Penpal

Old 12-16-2018, 01:17 AM

Nova_Alchemist: Was trying to give your girl something to do as well.
Haha trying to handle two at the same time XD how did I type that XD OMG! lol sorry.

Rossi: [Sure thing. Just let me know what you find out, keep me posted and stay safe. No idea what that woman would be up to, take something just in case for protection just in case something happens and Rane cannot get to you.]

Even then the team really had no idea what Rane was yet capable of.

Rane: [I'd rather not talk this way, never know who is listening. Can we meet up at the park near your house to talk?]

Rane started her bike and headed in no particular way until she would get her answer. If she had to talk during the text it might give someone else information she wouldn't want to share. She'd have to code if that was the case.

(Short but we're working on it)

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 12-16-2018, 01:44 AM

Immy: Its fine lolz
And we'll get things moving again I'm sure :D

Amber read the next text and replied easily, [I know Rossi. Thanks though, I'll be sure to have my pocket knife and pepper spray on me. I don't trust her.] She set her phone down and started scanning the website once more before the kettle started whistling. She got up and went into the kitchen to turn off the burner and poured herself a small cup just to help her relax. This case was really starting to get to her.

---

Aaron glanced at his phone again and sent back, [I'll meet you at the park in three.] He got up and grabbed his wallet and his keys. No need to drive since the park was right there. Aaron out his shoes on, and slipped on his gun and holster just in case, then quietly left the house. Locking the door and heading to the park to meet Rane to talk.

Immy

Penpal

Old 12-16-2018, 02:01 AM

Nova_Alchemist: Must write this again. Damnit.

A text chat appeared on the computer with a ding that was unnoticeable.

Rose: OMG! Karin! Are you alright? You've missed your chat sessions, you have a lot of us worried. Are you alright!?

Did Karin make friends online? How could she with her family? Did she get caught or maybe she didn't and something else happened?

Ahna made her way to the park almost ten minutes later as she got off her bike putting her helmet to the side. Her phone would vibrate if anyone would need her. No reason making unwanted noise or bring attention to themselves. "Hey" She said walking up to the man waiting on her "Wait too long?"

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 12-16-2018, 02:35 AM

Immy: you did it again lol
Ahna :p

Amber noticed the chat bubble and blinked. Rose..? She didn't panic though. Instead, she opened the chat bubble and typed;

"I'm sorry, I'm not Karin. I'm a friend of hers though and I'm really worried about her as well. What chat sessions has she missed?"

---

Aaron got up from the park bench when she arrived to greet her. "It's not a problem. You're here now and now we can talk." He said, not. meaning to sound impatient or anything. He always had a habit of putting his work first.

Immy

Penpal

Old 12-16-2018, 02:46 AM

Nova_Alchemist: *facepalms and laughs* Hahahaha

Rose: ....not karin...? *disconnects*
Daren: Are you messing with Rose?
Tina: You're not Karin!? who the hell are you!?

Rane (not Ahna) looked at Hotch "I was passed some information by an innocent today. But in order to investigate it only Amber and myself can go. The last time this happened things got messy and left her with terrible thoughts. However, if we went there to find her friend I am thinking we can go when they are not home. I checked all the entries, watched them for the days I wasn't around your team. I even watched it on my phone when you were all in meetings this week. Just in silent to make sure that they were leaving. I know their times, when to expect them back. Something is up but I need more information. Another suggestion is that I can go alone and find out what I need to then report back. My phone would be on silent but I've been in these situations before. So nothing new there." Rane said as she leaned against a tree. She never shook hands, well didn't like to but would if she had to. Too formal for any meeting.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 12-16-2018, 03:26 AM

Immy: xD

Amber sipped from her tea and watched the other messages pop up. Well crap.. What to do? She knew better than to give her name like that.. Thinking quick, she typed;

"Like I said, I'm a concerned friend. Karin is missing and I'm trying to find her before something really bad happens. Please help me.. If anyone knows anything, please tell me."

Hopefully she could through to these people. She needed all the help she could get at this point.

---

(xD)

Aaron listened carefully to whats she had to say, staying quiet as if thinking while she spoke. Many thoughts buzzed around in his head as well, but that was nothing new. His mind was always working, even when he was at home, breaking things down or searching for answers. He shook his head. "Not to discredit you or anything Rane, but whatever you do I want Amber next to you. She's a key part in this case as well and I can't overlook that. I don't like the idea of you entering their home while their away, but sometime's it's necessary. Do that first, and then have Amber talk to the mother after you and her investigate their house while they're away. Just make sure you're out of there before they get back."

Immy

Penpal

Old 12-16-2018, 03:42 AM

~ Chatroom ~

Rose: I still don't believe you're not Karin but if she IS missing then we're going to need to find her.

Daren: Yeah, we can't let her down. She wanted out of that place.

Tina: I haven't heard anything interesting lately so something is up. If there is no gossip about that family then they've been hiding. Hiding what though?

Daren: Do you think they hid her? Her father wasn't that nice.

Rose: And her mother was ALWAYS drinking. So she never would listen. Unless she was just scared of her husband.

"Understood, I'll space out the time by five minutes but I'll have to plan it just right. Regardless of that, sorry to call you all the way out here. I always feel others could listen through the lines so I prefer to speak more collectively." Rane spoke realizing this was the firs time they talked outside of work. She didn't think anything of it though really.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 12-16-2018, 03:58 AM

Immy:

Amber took another sip from her tea as she watched the chat room. How could she do this without letting it slip that she worked for the FBI? That might scare them away, but she needed to tell them not to try anything dangerous.. After a moment of thinking she started typing;

You guys shouldn't do anything she wouldn't do, it could cause a lot of trouble for her and yourselves. I've known Karin for a bery long time, and I know she wouldn't want anyone to get hurt or anything like that.. Her father is in jail for trying to get Karin away from her mother, and now Karin is missing. Does anyone think the mother could have done something with Karin to hide her away or possibly harm her for trying to escape her? I've been to the house and her mother hasn't been drinking, but is on A LOT of different meds.

---

Aaron gave her an understanding nod. He always preferred to talk face-to-face about a case as well, but sometimes circumstances wouldn't call for it. "Get with Amber and explain your plan to her, and it's not a problem Rane. I appreciate you wanting to talk with me like this, and not just over the phone."

Immy

Penpal

Old 12-16-2018, 04:06 AM

Nova_Alchemist:

~ Chatroom ~

Daren: If you are someone new then you need to understand that we're a group of people that are dedicated to helping people in her situation.

Rose: We don't make a move until we know all the pawns.

Tina: We know we could hurt her. Now you have questions, we may or may not have answers. Ask away, you don't have to tell us who you are, we'll just call you Karin for now.

Rane shrugged "Well that's all I have really, I thought there was something else but I cannot seem to figure it out." Thinking for a moment she replaced all her steps in her mind and something else she had forgotten about occurred to her. "Take this, each of your team members have one. Keep it on your key chain or in your pocket (its a skeleton key), never forget it. If for some reason I'm helping someone else or around another and someone is in trouble setting the alarm off by squeezing it or using your fingerprint will alert me. It's just a basic back up seeing as I am currently watching over all of you. If I'm busy it will signal a team member from my line of work."

Ahna had nothing else to say, she had no actual personal life, there was no work here, so nothing else could be said. At least on her end. "If your life ever gets hectic and you want to vent. Just say so, text, call, or even in person. That goes for work and personal too. I used to give advice through an online column for a bit." Though she didn't do well in social settings.

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 12-16-2018, 04:27 AM

Immy: Ahna :p

Amber blinked and set down her cup of tea. This wasn't a blog at all, was it? It must've been a cover for what they really did. Wait a minute.. Now she was remembering Karin mentioning a group that wanted to help her, one of the last times she saw her friend. Was this that group of people?

Please don't call me Karin, call me A or something..
I asked before, does anyone think the mother could have done something with Karin to hide her away or possibly harm her for trying to escape her? If so, any ideas where she might have her taken?

---

Aaron rose an eyebrow as Rane handed him the key and simply nodded before taking out his keys and adding it to the key ring, "I'll keep that in mind." He said casually. When she mentioned him venting about either work or his personal life, he slightly raised one of his hands. "Thank you, but I wouldn't know where to begin even if I did take you up on that offer." He said semi-jokingly. "Now, if there's nothing else, we should head home don't you think? It's getting pretty late."

Immy

Penpal

Old 12-16-2018, 04:40 AM

Nova_Alchemist: at least you know what I mean XD lol

~ Chatroom ~

Chatroom Name: Blog

Chat Members:
Tina: Online
Daren: Online
Rose: Online
Karin: Online
Erica: Offline
Veric: Offline

Tina: Hm...okay we'll call you Angel. In the mean time as for her mother? Eh it depends, I did hear something but I wasn't sure if it was true. We wouldn't know without paperwork though.
Daren: You mean when her mother went to that one place? What was it called?
Rose: Saint Mary's For Undiscovered Women?
Tina: Who comes up with these names?
Daren: I don't know but even with her mother in pyscho mode we'd need more information to confirm or not if she would harm her. She wasn't exactly motherly after the age of six I think is what Karin told us.

"Of course guten nacht. Be safe." Rane said as she walked away towards her bike, she got a feeling as she stopped in mid tracks halfway to her bike. She closed her eyes to listen, something was misplaced or maybe she was paranoid. Questions rose in her head: Why haven't they visited the father in jail yet? Why has the mother seemed antsy if her husband is locked away? Who was around that she feared?

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 12-16-2018, 05:09 AM

Immy: :p
btw, i had some wine so i don't know how much longer i'll be up xD

Amber kept her focus on the chat room. Tonight was going to be a long night.. She'd have to tell the others about this when she went in to the BAU tomorrow, without telling them she actually stayed up to chat with these people. She took a minute to write down the name of the place mentioned and made a note to look into it, or have Garcia check it.

"Angel works, thank-you for the name. Anyway, when I visited the house today there wasn't any beer or alcohol in the entire house. She was taking a lot of different meds though, and even waved a knife at me. The other thing is, is there anyone her mother is afraid of? I mean, her father is in jail so.. Could there be something else going on with her mother?"

---

Aaron bid her goodnight, and a safe ride back home before heading home himself. While Amber was with Rane, he'd talk to the team about visiting the father in jail. They had tried getting in touch with an officer, but no one ever answered, so now it was time to just show up and demand to speak with him.

Immy

Penpal

Old 12-16-2018, 05:50 AM

Nova_Alchemist: Alright lets see here.

Tina: Hm...not really no. Not unless it's someone that no one knows about.
Daren: What was her mother taking? do you know? knowing the different pills she took would be key to understanding if she would or not.
Rose: Wasn't her mother unstable? I mean as a child it was said around town that she had a hand that was played in a murder. However no one except her would know the truth, bringing it up might not be safe though. The last person was a news person who asked and they're still in a shock coma from the event.
Tina: You mean when she met a little boy that teased her and she freaked out on him with a knife?
Daren: Damn I forgot about that. I think I still have that saved in my hidden folder, hang on.

[File Sent] [File Scanned] [File Safe To Download]

File: Child Murderer!
Download Size: 279MB

Karen: What are you guys doing on my page?

(This Karen is typed karEn. Not karIn - so careful not sure if its friend or foe - personal note for writer Nova)

Nova_Alchemist
^~^

Old 12-16-2018, 06:05 AM

Immy: nicely done <3
and we've been spelling her name wrong this time x.x i went back some re-read some to try and find her mother's name, it's Karen, not Karin x0

Amber sat up in her chair when the file was brought up and immediately clicked on it. She read the article thoroughly and made sure to save the file onto her computer. Well.. That saved her from having to ask why her mother was so unstable. Maybe.. Bringing it up could definitely be dangerous, but it gave her something to work with. Something to use against the mother.

"Very unstable. She went from talking to me like everything was fine, to trying to attack me in like two whole minutes! Thanks for the file, it might've just cleared up a question for me. You mentioned her father not being very nice.. Did he ever abuse either her or her mother, that you know of?"

However, when she saw the new message, she rose an eyebrow, but didn't type anything. Who was this person, and why were they claiming the page to be theirs?

Immy

Penpal

Old 12-16-2018, 06:15 AM

Nova_Alchemist: I know. I think we love naruto too much XD there is a karin there lol. Oh it bugged me it was misspelled but i never went back to check XD

Tina: Huh? Two Karens?
Daren: Different spellings. Who are you?
Rose: karen?
Daren: That's not Karen Rose. We don't know who they are.
Karen: Did you think I would leave that easily? Do you honestly think you could've helped me? You're wrong. So stop giving out useless information to no good people that need to learn to stay out.

Karen logged out then the account was deactivated.

Images popped up on the screen with the usernames to those in the chat.

Tina:

Daren:

Rose:

You've Been Very Bad, Time For Your Medicine...

With that gunshots and struggles were heard in the background then nothing at all and the chat was closed rather quickly.