Shadowfflur
Wait...What?

Old 07-07-2016, 03:03 PM

Several years ago when Menewsha was shiny and new I was very active and loved this community. Then around 2009 real life got crazy, and I pulled away from all my online outlets, Mene included. Well, I'm back, and there are A TON of new items for me to discover and acquire.

So feel free to pop in, introduce (or re-introduce) yourself, answer my newbish questions (some things have changed quite a bit!), hawk your goods, whatever. I had a couple k of gold stashed away on my mule, but thats gone. I do however have some old EIs that I will be looking to sell off to fund new items. I just need to figure out fair prices.

Last edited by Shadowfflur; 08-23-2016 at 03:14 AM..

Shadowfflur
Wait...What?

Old 07-07-2016, 04:47 PM

Items I want:

Perfect Valentine
Viktoria's Natural Updo
Midas Touch
Fleet Commander
Angel's Harmony
Special Delivery
Gargoyles
Nature's Imp
Super Power's to the MAX!
Buzz off Costume
Kiss of Darkness
Legendary Unicorn
Whimsical Bard
Dark Malevolence
Love Crusher
Templar's Hawk
Living Doll
Elven Wish
Wood Sprite
Rugged Hunter
Lucky Wings
Solar Flare Crown
Candy-Man
Lil Red and Big Meanie
Springtime Showers
Spider Rain

Last edited by Shadowfflur; 08-10-2016 at 02:20 AM..

Shadowfflur
Wait...What?

Old 07-07-2016, 04:49 PM

Special Thanks:

Queen_Andais - for sticking with me all these years <3

Lavinia - Surprise gold donation!

Last edited by Shadowfflur; 02-27-2017 at 04:35 AM..

Shadowfflur
Wait...What?

Old 07-07-2016, 04:52 PM

Quest Items Achieved:

Goth Ninja -Bloody Mistress
Queen of Hearts Regalia
Dance's Sky Sash
Keen Kaze-Ten
Clever Mage
Clandestine Rogue
Nouveau Headband
Lunar Belt
Foamy Delight
Birthday Celebration
Romantic Valentine
Orchid Nouveau Headband - Thanks Queen_Andais!

Last edited by Shadowfflur; 08-10-2016 at 02:21 AM..

Shadowfflur
Wait...What?

Old 07-07-2016, 04:53 PM

Reserved

Shadowfflur
Wait...What?

Old 07-07-2016, 04:55 PM

Alright, that should be good. Nothing fancy, really a place to organize my thoughts.

Psychominako
*^_^*

Old 07-07-2016, 05:16 PM

Dammit, don't mind me >.>....

Last edited by Psychominako; 07-07-2016 at 05:18 PM..

Queen_Andais
I move the stars for no one.

Penpal

Old 07-07-2016, 05:30 PM

Hahaha! Funny that you tripped yourself up. Somethings never change.

Shadowfflur
Wait...What?

Old 07-08-2016, 02:24 AM

That's right. I'm just here for your entertainment.

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 07-08-2016, 04:30 PM

Not only for my entertainment, but others as well.

So happy to have you back here now. Just think, when Evee gets to be a bit bigger and understands the value of dress up, you can let her play dress up on your avatar!

Shadowfflur
Wait...What?

Old 07-08-2016, 09:27 PM

Very true. She enjoys watching me play Tetris. She goes "oooh! Blocks!" XD

She's being very clingy today though. She had an eye exam and they dialated her pupils. Its been over 4 hours and they are still HUGE.

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 07-09-2016, 04:42 PM

Poor kiddo! Although I have to say when they dilated my eyes it was pretty funny to see how big they were. Can't remember how long it takes for them to go back down to normal. Just make sure she isn't pulled over for suspicious driving in her little car, would hate to get your toddler arrested for suspected drug use.

Didn't realize they dilated a kiddo's eyes when they are so young. Concerns for vision?

So many things to do today but the lazy bug bit me in the butt and I don't want to leave the cool confines of our apartment. Need to hit WinCo for some groceries, pick up some hair dye and figure out what we'll be bringing to Karen's house tonight for the fight.

Yesterday we moved offices and it has pretty much wiped me out. Lifting boxes, breaking down computers, setting up computers, fight with the thermostat in the new office, never did get it to work. Ugh. Really hoping that Monday it will be cooler in there, either that or I will have Lindsay swing by on her way to work and fix it for me. Refuse to swelter to death in my office.

Any fun plans for the weekend? I saw you were talking about a Mickey Meet thing.

Shadowfflur
Wait...What?

Old 07-09-2016, 07:53 PM

I'm totally being lazy right now too. They normally don't do eye checks so young, but a couple months ago I noticed Evee's right eye kind of wandering out when she would look up at me. It took me forever to finally get approval and an appointment, but they said they could see it, and dialated her eyes to make sure the eye structure wasn't the cause. It wasn't, and the hope is that she will out grow it. If it worsens then they will look into surgery, but I doubt it, since it only really happens when she looks at something in the distance. We have to go back in a year to check her again.

Yeah Mouse Meet is happening but its been sold out, so I didn't go. But tomorrow we have a pin trading event with a Disney group that I actually became an admin of recently. So at least I'll get my Disney fix still. ;)

What color are you dying your hair?

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 07-10-2016, 02:08 AM

Since December I've been dyeing it black. Looks really good on me with my natural coloring. Helps hide the white and grey hair that insists on growing. Ugh. Not ready to have white and grey hair, not old enough. Don't have kids to blame them on.

I believe most kids have those weird little things they grow out of as they get older. Her muscle in her eye should get stronger. Did they say anything about having her wear an eye patch to help correct the issue? I've heard that is a possibility.

Might be time for new bras. Hate bra shopping.

We're over at Karen's house watching UFC 200 and the second fight is boring as all get out. I've commandeered their tablet and typing on this thing is rather odd. Definitely takes some getting used to.

Shadowfflur
Wait...What?

Old 07-10-2016, 03:17 AM

Oh geez. You just reminded me of a few months ago when I had dinner with my mom and sister. I'm sitting across from M and she starts smirking at me. I asked her what she was smirking at, and she says "Just admiring all your gray hair!" OOOO! If my mom wasn't there she would have had a drink in her face! Instead I just smiled and said "Gee, thanks SIS" Grrrrr....

The Dr said that the eye continues to develop until they are 6 years old. It only really happens if shes really tired and looking up, so no treatments for now. If it happened all the time then a patch would be necessary to try and strengthen the muscles.

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 07-10-2016, 03:53 AM

Wish I had been there for the dinner. No need for a drink in her, I would have popped off at the mouth about how you still have all your hair and aren't partially balding. Than again, I'm a petty bitch like that. Did your mom say anything about what Melissa said?

Good information to have for when Rodd and I have kiddos.

Shadowfflur
Wait...What?

Old 07-10-2016, 04:06 AM

She didn't say anything. But when we got in the car to go back to her house I vented a bit about it. If I wanted to get into it with her I could have really cut deep. But really if she feels the need to try and put me down to make herself feel better then that speaks leagues about her own self esteem. Kinda sad when the younger sibling is more mature than the older one.

Dude, you can put me on speed dial. I've learned so much I almost feel like I have to have a second kid so it doesn't all go to waste!

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 07-10-2016, 04:14 AM

I will definitely put you on speed dial for baby questions.

In the hangout forum I started posting in a new thread and I posted a huge response and the owner of the thread was like "I don't understand this blabbering post in red." ugh, I guess that person doesn't realize that this site is all about the big posts. So I posted that I wouldn't post in there anymore. Don't need to be around that negativity.

Melissa has always been the petty one. That's why you have me to be petty for you.

Shadowfflur
Wait...What?

Old 07-11-2016, 02:38 AM

Well thats just rude. They should be greatful to have anyone talking in their thread. Whatever, you can come babble all you want in my threads. XD

Pin trading event went ok today. I paid for some pins I had ordered earlier and made a few trades, but nothing that got me super excited. Plus Evee started getting really crazy and it was super hard to keep her in line. Thankfully it was a super short ride home, because we were all exhausted.

Suzy Sunshine
URE NPC

Old 07-11-2016, 02:43 PM

Evee looks so cute and innocent, hard to imagine her getting all crazy and not toeing the line. Makes me giggle a little.

I totally went back and looked at what I had written in the thread and it wasn't anything crazy, obscene or rude. And the accusations lobbed against me in regards to the gender stuff, never once was he, she, him or her used. You know me, generally people are called by their avatar names, even when I know their gender. Such a touchy subject. Besides, don't think I am a mean or unfeeling person, typically pegged as one of the nicest people around these here parts.

Fine, whatever, I will just stick to the threads I know and love. No need to spread my love where people don't want it.

Basically your trip was okay, nothing to write home to mom about. That's how this whole weekend felt, or was it just me?

Shadowfflur
Wait...What?

Old 07-12-2016, 02:06 AM

Oh my Gawd the child has been pushing her limits like crazy lately. Today she kept climbing up the sofa and then jumping off the side, then she figured out how to turn the water dispenser in the fridge door on and water was EVERYWHERE. She even had a cup in her hand (how she triggered the dispenser) but it managed to stay completely dry. UGH! I'm flying solo this week too which makes things even more difficult. She's in bed now, so its quiet, but dammit I'm dying for some ice cream and can't leave the house! D:

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 07-12-2016, 05:51 PM

In her mind she just learned how to do a new and interesting thing. She probably didn't mean to make a mess for mommy to clean up. A sweet angelic child like yours would never do anything devious or unhanded.

Go today during the day to get some ice cream from the store and that way you have tonight for your sweet fix after she conks out.

Gymnastics toddler!

So far today Cathy has managed to royally piss me off. I had a bunch of stuff going on, files out on my desk, setting up recording packages, trying to get things funded, you know usual escrow stuff and an earnest money check comes in for me...she tosses it on the middle of desk. No asking where I would like it put, just tosses it on my desk. Then has the nerve to ask me after I get off the phone she should have answered, but was hovering in the doorway of my office for some reason (probably to ask the question)if I am having a bad day.
Nope, not a bad day. Just a very busy one. Not to mention me doing some of her job because she had to take one signing and she freaks out when she has to do a signing. Drives me batty.

Finally starting to get caught up, however, I will have a file funding today for sure which means an hour of my afternoon at least will be getting the file closed out. Oh joy.

Wish you lived closer cause I would have Kristi hire you as the receptionist for here. We get to play on Menewsha! Obviously.

Shadowfflur
Wait...What?

Old 07-13-2016, 03:40 PM

I really do miss being part of the working world. Feeling productive, and especially the extra income. Having that extra money would make things so much easier, but when I start thinking logistics there is just no way for it to work out. Sure I have family closer now, but they are still 2 hours away. So I would have to pay for childcare and months like this when Joe is gone nearly all the time would be extremely difficult. Plus because of our rental income I can't get any help with subsidys to help offset the cost, so I would have to get a very well paying job right out the gate.

Of course with all that said, I'm sure if I REALLY wanted to work I could make it happen. But I just can't justify working like crazy just to pay for childcare. I'd much rather stay home and enjoy these young years (even the bad days) since I'll never get them back.

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 07-13-2016, 06:13 PM

Truly amazing how expensive child care is, makes it almost impossible for working people to afford to have children at all. Unless one parent stays at home until they are old enough to go to school. Even then, you'll end up paying for child care of some sort for after school programs.

Bad days are there for you to judge what is a good day. That whole checks and balances thing of life.

When is Joe due back?

Shadowfflur
Wait...What?

Old 07-14-2016, 01:17 AM

Seriously! I was just researching co-op preschools, which is like a preschool but they take 2s, and its a couple of hours 2 to 3 days a week. In the co-ops you have to participate 1/2 the time in the class, and they are still are $150+ a week, and nearly every school charges a couple hundred dollars to start. So you could start a school, decide you hate it and be out $500! How nuts is that?

Joe should be back late tomorrow night. Originally it was going to be Friday night, but his new SO has a serious case of short timers, and is constantly cutting corners to go home early. Joe tries to play it off like he doesn't care, but I know its really bugging him. Especially since the guy started bringing his kid to work with him! Not like occasionally, but EVERY DAY. Its completely unprofessional.

How'd your day go? A bit less hectic today?