Shadowfflur
Wait...What?

Old 07-27-2016, 02:00 AM

Yes, they want to breed her after she turns 2. For some reason my mom has the age of 2 implanted in her brain as the ideal time to have a litter. But that dog is pretty damn stupid for a poodle. They've tried training her and it just doesn't stick. She's also one of those that constantly brings you a ball to throw. If you ignore her she will put it closer, then in you lap, then paw at your leg, still ignoring it? Let me bark in your face. Its so damn annoying.

I've got to go over there for some papers for our court date too. So its really for multiple reasons, but I do wish she could spend more time with them. Evee has this little toy that Bear recorded his voice on, and she plays it all the time. It was heartbreaking when we were in Maine because they were so far away. But now they are 2 hours away, so I feel the need to do what I can. Can't say I'm not trying!

Well, huge surprise! FedEX did call me back again. Same lady, same attitude. She admitted it was delivered to the wrong house, and told me the address then was silent. Like, what? you want me yo go 'oh thats my buddy, no big deal!' Uh no. After I said I didn't know where the house was she asked if I had started a replacement claim. No....So she asked what it was, and I told her, and she says "Ooooh, well I guess I will submit a retrieval claim so the driver can try to get it back for you". Yes, that would be nice. I'm not going to go knocking on stranger's doors especially when I am home alone. So we will see if they actually do their job and get it back. If not, I will try to get it myself.

We went to the zoo today. It was super busy, and Evee was not the best listener. At one point I had to stop and tie my shoe and she took off on me. Thats the first time she has ever done it. I caught up to her and immediately pulled her to the side and put her on time out. Right there in a planter off of the walking trail with tons of people walking by looking at the screaming toddler and the pissed off mom standing there counting to 10 before daring to speak. After that she had another chance to walk holding my hand, but she refused and started throwing a fit so she went on my back, and we left. Hopefully she behaves better tomorrow.

Queen_Andais
I move the stars for no one.

Penpal

Old 07-27-2016, 03:53 PM

Not sure why, but two does sound like the appropriate age for dogs to be bred for the first time. Something about their maturity having been reached, physically anyways. Oh boy, a dumb poodle. Watch out world. Jasmine was a bit neurotic, at least she was smart though. I miss her antics. Her and Duke together, what a pair. They would have had cute puppies, fluffy, spastic puppies.

You are making the effort, however, it doesn't seem like they are making an effort. That sounds kind of crass to say, just an objective third party observation. What was the point of them moving up there to be closer to you and the kiddo if they don't ever come to actually see you? Or is their rationale that they have come all this way and now it's on you to come to them? So full of questions about this dynamic. Seems rather odd. Not saying that you go to see them every weekend or vice versa, but I am telling you right now, if I lived only two hours from you, we'd be doing things together a few times a month; at minimum.

Kind of shocked actually that the bitch from FedEx called you back. And what does she mean did you make a replacement claim!? Perhaps she should have asked what it was before asking if you had asked for a replacement! Seriously? This is what's wrong with the world today. No one takes responsibility for their mistakes, owns up to the problem and finds a solution. They are a delivery company that is tasked with two things, taking care of package in transit and delivering the package to the ADDRESSED location. Not, "Just have the manufacturer replace it for you." Is there anyway to complain to someone higher up, because the attitude of the person, insane suggestion of replacement with no thought of having the driver that delivered it incorrectly get it back and the sheer headache of this whole. It's ridiculous, bordering on annoying. Truthfully, they expect you to fix their mistake by going to your neighbor's house, that you don't know and ask for the package they incorrectly delivered. Yeah, that seems like the right solution. Here, let me clean up your mess. Ass hats.

Naughty toddler, she just wanted to stretch her independent legs and sight see without mommy hovering over her. Pretty sure the parents walking by totally understood what was happening because they have dealt with toddler melt downs as well. One of those inescapable facts of life right there. Toddler melt downs are brutal. At least you have the annual pass so you can go when you want and leave when you have to and not feel guilty about all the money you spent to get in and have it wasted because the kiddo won't behave.

Clear Title is taking all of us to the Zoo in October. Can't wait. Got tickets for us to ride the carousel, train and one other thing. Sting ray show or something like that. Dunno. Gonna be a good time, that's all I know. Hoping that Lindsay and Joey will let me steal Collin for a little bit while we are there. Pretty sure Rodd will hate it, I'll enjoy it.

Shadowfflur
Wait...What?

Old 07-27-2016, 07:04 PM

I think she was hoping it was something I ordered and already re-ordered so she could get it off her desk and be done with it. Again, lazy. I found the house in the neighborhood that it was supposedly delivered to. I don't know them or anyone around them. No packages or contact from FedEx today yet either. We will see if they do anything. As you can tell I have very little faith in them.

I know if my mom didn't have to work we would see each other a lot more. But since she does it only leaves the weekends, and they have had a lot of social events to attend. Add onto that they don't trust Sadie home alone for more than a couple hours, and it just makes them coming over here happen almost never. Which sucks because during the summer 2 ferry rides is nearly $40. And it adds up, fast. At least I can write some of it off as a business expense when I do our taxes.

That will be fun! I wish our Zoo had a train. It has a solar powered carousel that costs $2, but thats about it.

Woohoo! Got some goodies on their way from Minuxe. (as you saw) But now I'm broke. ^^;

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 07-27-2016, 09:40 PM

Kind of weird to go knocking on a random person's door and say "Hey, apparently the FedEx driver can't read and dropped something here almost a week ago. Would you still happen to have that package?" Although, it would be funny to see them try and scramble to cover the fact that received something not intended for them and didn't have the common courtesy to bring it over to the correct address.

Makes sense that your mom would be limited due to her job. And forty bucks to travel over the ferry...sucks. Seems rather steep, sheesh.

We've been to the Zoo once, a few years ago with our friend Rosemary, her son Anthony, he's twenty three and her friend's twins, they were about seven or eight. Got pictures from our time there. Had a great time, especially watching the giant tortoises wander around and eat stuff. Love me some tortoises. Didn't make it all the way around the zoo though. Kiddos got pooped out and it got rather busy. There is even a petting zoo at our zoo. Shocked me, truth be told. A zoo within a zoo.

Hot damn! New items to play around with! Always fun getting new items to create and explore. The layering on Menewsha has gotten crazy awesome since you were here last.

My escrow officer is leaving for the day, got all the close outs I needed to do, done. Time for me to make a list of all the giveaway items currently housed in the drawer. Roachi and I are going to co-host a giveaway thread during the Halloween event.

I want you to watch this video and then tell me your thoughts. Curious to see if you have the same reaction I did.
http://www.aspirebariatrics.com/about-the-aspireassist/

Last edited by Queen_Andais; 07-27-2016 at 10:58 PM..

Shadowfflur
Wait...What?

Old 07-28-2016, 03:52 AM

No word from Fed Ex today, but I might write a note and leave it at their door. I just want FedEx to right their mistake. I shouldn't have to be dealing with this.

Yeah Summer time is more expensive. In the winter its around $30. Still pricey, but its also nice to get out and stretch your legs instead of driving nonstop around the Sound.

Is there still an emulator or something where I can play and make dream outfits? I'm having such a hard time putting things together.

Oooh, I'll hang out for free stuff. ;) Hopefully I will be able to be active during the next event. If Evee acts anything like she did today then I will only be able to get on after she goes to bed. Little hellion that one was today. She ripped the phone charger out of the wall and bit the metal part that goes into the phone. She actually bent the metal to where it does connect to the phone properly for charging anymore. Ooo, I was livid. Not only because she killed our only spare charger, but if it has still been plugged in she could have seriously gotten hurt! Thats just barely the beginning of the crap she pulled today. I don't know if its toddler antics, or her acting out because Joe is gone.

Um WOW. So you can overeat and just purge through a tube afterwards?! Thats terrible. The only way I can think this would possibly work is if the first purge is so disgusting that it makes you want to avoid ever having to purge again. How on Earth is this FDA approved?

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 07-28-2016, 02:55 PM

FedEx is seriously pissing me off. In fact, I might just give them a call today from my end as the sender. See if I can shake them out of their stupor. Ugh. I told the driver yesterday about the whole thing and he was shocked that they haven't tried to make it right already. He was even more shocked when I told him how the girl at the regional facility answered the phone.

How long does it take to drive around the sound? Just curious. I get that they have to make their money to pay for the guy driving the ferry, maintaining the ferry, the fuel for the ferry, but how many people take the ferry every day that have to charge that much? Convenience sure, just wow.

There is the DAC, which is the Dream Avatar Creator. You can only access if you have donated. In the forum section there is a "forum" button for the DAC, if you have access to it. If not, let me know. I can let you log in under my name and use the DAC on my account.

There is usually my giveaway and then Roachi does one under her charity mule. Hummy does a RAK thread, but I believe she said something in the last event that she wasn't going to be hosting anymore. She's been awfully quiet lately, thinking she is on hiatus right now. People do art freebie threads, then there are hangouts and the stickies with the staff games. Howdy generally puts on a fun game of some sort.

Saw something about her holy terrible two spree on Facebook yesterday. Would not be surprised if her behavior is a combination of the terrible two syndrome and Joe being gone. Kids react to stress in different ways. Sorry to hear that she ruined the charger.
Not saying that she would have learned a lesson had it been plugged in, but it would have been an eye opened for her.
I would almost say her punishment for behaving badly yesterday is not doing anything today, the thought of taking her out of her routine seems like it would do more harm than good. Hopefully she pulls out of her destructive toddler spiral.

Kind of my thoughts, my mind did jump straight to "So it's okay for people to waste food with the purging? Why not teach people how to portion control, chew well and eat slower?" So mad when I saw that video yesterday. Not to mention the serious ICK factor. And how the hell do you discreetly go to the restroom and purge a third of your stomach contents into the toilet? Just the thought of purging actually kind of makes me sick. Why eat the Filet Mignon if you are only going to purge it! Such a damn waste.

I say that, knowing I had the lapband done, but that doesn't make purge my food. It only slows my eating down, allowing me to enjoy my food more. People.

Shadowfflur
Wait...What?

Old 07-29-2016, 02:53 AM

Please do. No word from them again today. But UPS has no problems delivering! So frustrating, and I'm going to be out all day tomorrow so I can't deal with it.

Its an hour from Seattle, so about 90 minutes if there is no traffic from my house. But that is a pretty big IF since you have to drive through Seattle and Tacoma. There is also a bridge toll one way of $6.00, so no matter what I have to pay money.

Yeah, today was better. But we went to a birthday party at a local park, and she ran off on me again! I actually screamed at the top of my lungs for her to stop because she was running full speed towards the parking lot. When I screamed she turned left and into another picnic shelter, but she didn't stop until she ran into a group of people. There is no such thing as stranger danger to her and its scary. She will go up to random men and ask to be picked up. I have no clue how to stop it. I want her to be able to play and explore, but running away CAN NOT happen.

Did you read the Hunger Games books? It totally reminds me of the Capital people when they are at the dinner party.

Symphony of the Night
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-29-2016, 03:02 AM

Yikes sounds like a lot of bad news with Fedex...I just shipped something via Fedex yesterday and I sure hope it gets to where it is supposed to go because I am supposed to receive a payment after the shipment arrives and is processed...

---------- Post added 07-29-2016 at 03:03 AM ----------

Ah and sorry for injecting some of my thoughts into the conversation between you two! There does not seem to be many people online at the moment so the forum has been moving pretty slowly and I saw that there were replies being added to this one so I hope you do not mind that I dropped in <3

Shadowfflur
Wait...What?

Old 07-31-2016, 03:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Symphony of the Night View Post
Yikes sounds like a lot of bad news with Fedex...I just shipped something via Fedex yesterday and I sure hope it gets to where it is supposed to go because I am supposed to receive a payment after the shipment arrives and is processed...

---------- Post added 07-29-2016 at 03:03 AM ----------

Ah and sorry for injecting some of my thoughts into the conversation between you two! There does not seem to be many people online at the moment so the forum has been moving pretty slowly and I saw that there were replies being added to this one so I hope you do not mind that I dropped in <3
Not at all Hun! It is nice to have a new face pop in. I seem to have terrible luck recently with things getting delivered to the house. But I will be hoping your package arrives to the correct destination.

I already called Queen with the update. But a delivery driver came to my door this morning seeking the missing package. Poor guy doesn't even work this area, and they told him it was misdelivered to my address. I had to explain that I was the one missing a package and it was misdelivered to a different house. So he left and tried to track it down. A few minutes later he left a note on my door saying he couldn't recover it and he would tell his manager. So I guess we will be taking whatever the next step is to get the funds to try and buy another frame. So beyond frustrating.

Evee napped in my lap this afternoon which is extremely rare, and I figured she was just tired from visiting my parents and travelling yesterday. But poor baby woke up with a 101.7 fever. I stripped her, gave her some tylenol, and after a while got her to drink some Gatorade. Finally after 90 minutes her fever broke. I let her stay up an hour and a half past her bedtime, and she was down to 98.9 when I put her to bed. I'm really hoping it doesn't come back during the night. No clue what caused the fever either. :/

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 08-01-2016, 05:11 PM

Straight up, FedEx has lost credibility with me. Our only option at this point is to push forward with the claim for the loss. The driver indicated in the system that there was no package at the misdelivered address. Fantastic. Claim is supposedly under review and will take between five and seven business days. What a load of crap. If we don't hear anything by Thursday I will call them again and they will really feel my wrath. Not going to play nice with them anymore. Although, I haven't been all that nice up to this point, so, it'll be me getting meaner. Been awhile since my temper has been let loose, oh boy!

Symphony, we welcome the additional chatter to our conversation. Just don't be surprised when you see blocks of text. Fflur and I only chat like once a day on here and we maximize that by giving a break down of our day.

Poor Evee. Summertime fevers are always the worst. Poor kiddo. Hopefully she is feeling better today?

Our weather here has me wishing I didn't have to work. Great day to lay around reading a book and listening to the intermittent rain that is falling. We are only suppose to get as high as 95 degrees today. Woohoo! Hoping our weather is good for Wednesday since Rodd and I are going to the water park. Looks to be partly cloudy on Wednesday, but no chance of Thunderstorm like tomorrow and Thursday. And since we have an extra ticket, we might get to go next week as well. We'll see.

Shadowfflur
Wait...What?

Old 08-02-2016, 03:23 AM

The whole lack of professionalism from "Angela" made them lose any bit of credibility with me. I hope they process your claim quickly. I mean its been over a week since I originally called them. On a slightly good note, I put a plea out to my local Disney group, and one of the guys is going to be at the park on Friday. He's going to take a look and try to find it. If he can't another guy will be there next week, and he also offered to take a look. So hopefully they find one, and I can just pay cost for it.

Evee's fever lasted until Sunday morning. I thought it broke and put her to bed around 99 degrees. But I heard her groaning like she wasn't feeling well so I went in and checked on her around 10. Her fever was back up to 101 and she was curled in a ball on her knees. So I woke her up and tried to give her some more Tylenol. Bad idea. Her stomach was already upset, and that put her over the edge. She vomited all over her bed. So then I got to play the fun game of put the vomiting upset child in the tub, clean her up, and strip the bed all at the same time. (By the way, waterproof mattress covers are a GODSEND) Did I mention that all she would eat earlier were blueberries? PURPLE vomit, oh yeah, lots of fun. So after all that, I managed to get her to keep down some Motrin and a little water, then spent the night with a toddler on top of me. At least she got some sleep, but man does this whole single parent stuff suck at moments like that.

That should be fun! We may get some thunderstorms tonight and tomorrow too. But otherwise its been perfect cool at night, and low 70s in the afternoon. Nice and comfortable. We have a play date tomorrow with a mom that I met at the library. Her little boy is a sweetheart, but suffers from really bad Excema head to toe. Its so sad. He also has a bunch of food allergies that make it tricky. While I don't mind spending time with them, she doesn't have a car so its always at her apartment, and for the ENTIRE DAY. I get that she can't just take off, but most play dates don't last longer than 2 hours. Its kind of exhausting. But her complex has an indoor and outdoor pool, so we get to go swimming which is a nice trade off. lol

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 08-02-2016, 09:44 PM

Mmmm, purple/blue kiddo vomit! You're so artsy, fartsy. Living the life right there. Sucks that you are doing it all alone, even though you aren't technically a single parent. If Joe was home, would he have assisted with the clean up? Or does he have a weak stomach? Some guys just can't handle the upchuck.

Got us some rain this morning on my way into work, progressed until about 10am or so and then it cleared up. Still got clouds rolling by and there is potential for more thunderstorms tonight. Hoping that it clears up for tomorrow, really want to go to the water park, damn it. Free tickets! We hit 50% humidity today, blegh. Wunderground told me that it was 97.2, but felt like 107. Yeah, humidity can suck it.

Got my claim started with FedEx, those ass hats. Tried to do one through their online process, but because you did a claim for the lost package it wouldn't let me put one in online. So now, I have to tell them how much I paid for it, produce a receipt or something. Yeah right, I have a receipt for almost eight months ago. Found one on amazon for forty one bucks, not including shipping, however, it's the only one that the seller has and what are the odds that they will have it when my claim is finally approved or reviewed, or whatever. Seriously irritating me. Have to scan in and send them the completed paperwork.

How is a play date all day? That seems rather crazy. Don't get me wrong, me coming to see you is a marathon play date, but that's different. Toddlers can't stand each other for that long, it's like against the laws of nature or something.

Counting down the time to when the work day is over. Rodd and I have plans to go and see the new Bourne movie tonight. Had a pair of use it or lose it tickets. Flaked this morning and yesterday about going to the gym, just can't been sleeping very good and by the time I do fall asleep, it's like five hours before the stupid alarm goes off. Responsible adulting hurts.

Shadowfflur
Wait...What?

Old 08-03-2016, 03:31 AM

Joe would not get near vomit unless he was the last person around. But at least he could clean Evee up in the tub and comfort her. I would never condone leaving kiddo alone in the tub, but I didn't have much of a choice that night. I stripped her and put about an inch of water in the tub. She just stood there shivering, while I ran around trying to take care of her bedding. If she was quiet for more than a few seconds I would run in to check on her and dump more water on her. I was wishing I had a clone around that time for sure.

Woohoo! We had rain this morning too. It was so relaxing. I still had some windows open and apparently Evee found it relaxing too because we slept in until 9:50! Totally shocked me when I looked at the clock. But it was sooo nice to sleep in. Plus it gave me a reason to push back our play date too. lol But it didn't go too badly. We got there about 11 and left a little after 2. The kids played for a bit, then we went swimming in the indoor pool (it was still sprinkling a bit) but that didn't last long. They both were much happier to just play back at the apartment. So we went back and she made us a little lunch and they played a little more before we left.

Enjoy your movie! Joe has been going to the theater a lot (I see all the charges on the credit card) so I wouldn't be surprised if he watched that one too. OMG. I'm watching America's Got Talent and they have a sword swallower who had a target on the end of the "sword" so it was over his mouth. Then his girlfriend was supposed to shoot a flaming arrow from a crossbow at the target. She missed!!! and hit him in the chest. Holy cow, I wish I had DVR to replay it.

Shadowfflur
Wait...What?

Old 08-04-2016, 02:57 AM

Judging by your absence I'm guessing you had a peachy day too. Mine started out well enough, had to take Coco to the vet for annual check up and vaccines. Nothing special. Then just before dinnertime everything went to hell. I had a craving for pizza, so we went to get one and my car wouldn't start. Its only a year old! No clue whats going on with it, but nothing to do until I talk to the dealership tomorrow. Thankfully I have Joe's truck too, so we could still go out. So I get the pizza, and come home to eat. Everything seemed fine until about halfway through Evee pushes her plate away and rests her head on the table. Before I can ask if she is ok, she lifts her head and projectile vomits across the entire dinner table! I have no idea why, but she kept Gatorade and saltines down after that. Hopefully it was just a sour stomach. Got her to bed and went to check my sim game that I've been playing since its release, and I've been banned. Absolutely no clue why. I don't interact with any other players, I'm not smart enough to delve into code to cheat, I just have no clue. But its the perfect end to this chaotic evening.

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 08-04-2016, 04:14 PM

Jason Bourne was a great movie. Saw a bunch of trailers for stuff coming out that looks highly entertaining. And Rifftrax is doing Mothra in a few weeks, Rodd and I are definitely going out to see that.

We all have to do things with kids that we tell ourselves we wouldn't do otherwise. When I was watching Collin and Marley last year I had to take both of them to the doctor for Collin's ear appointment. Not easy wrangling two toddlers into a car and you don't have a house key. So, got them both strapped into the car, turned the car on so they had air blowing and music while I ran back into the house, locked it, went out the garage with the garage door opener from Deb's car. Getting them out of the car together while in a parking lot with a diaper bag, yikes. Truly is amazing how much you can carry and how you carry it without dropping it.

I was going to respond on Tuesday, lost track of time and totally forgot. Didn't get much Menewsha time. Yesterday was worse, had to cram eight hours of work into four hours. Took a half day so Rodd and I could go to the water park, Sunsplash near our apartment. Got free tickets from donating blood to go and figured the weekday would be best. Less people to deal with, more enjoyable. And it was great, even when the monsoon hit. In fact, we continued floating around the lazy river until they kicked us out because it started thundering and they were worried about lightning. Solid two hours of floating around doing nothing. Loved it. Managed to get a bit more color as well, even on my legs. Hoping to even out the color on the legs this weekend by sitting out next to the pool.

Cars are suppose to start, end of discussion. Hate when they don't. Gives you that stomach falling out feeling. Hopefully it's something they can easily fix without you having to pay for it. Seems rather odd that the car is only a year old and already having problems.

Evee just isn't having the best of times these past few days. Hopefully her projectile vomiting didn't put you off from eating the rest of your dinner once everything settled down. And for the record, it would seem that Evee has a hidden talent, projectile vomiting...not everyone can do that ya know. Special.

No e-mail or anything explaining the ban? Sims can suck it if they are that rude and won't tell you why you can't play anymore. Very weird.

Payday tomorrow! Hooray! Gotta get an oil change in the truck sometime this weekend and trying to make plans to hang out with Karen. She and I spoke last night and it sounds like she needs a break from Johnny. We need drinks and the pool, best therapy ever.

Shadowfflur
Wait...What?

Old 08-05-2016, 03:03 AM

Glad you liked it. Chances are I will get to see it when it comes out on disc.

Juggling kids is nuts. Kudos to you for tacking that task. I'm not even that brave. Yet again I wish you were closer. Y'know I told you we have PAX coming up and my parents would be watching Evee. Well, I found out when I was visiting them that my Mom never wrote it down, and now they are going to be out of town the entire weekend. So chances are Joe will have to try and sell my tickets and I will have to stay home and miss out on yet another event. :/

Totally understand that. I avoid even the grocery store on the weekend because I dislike the crowds. But I'm glad that you got to go to the water park! Floating around sounds fabulous. So do drinks with little umbrellas. Aaaahhh....

So I called the dealership this morning and they sent a tow truck to jump the car. Then I took it to the dealership where they confirmed the battery was bad and replaced it and did a software update for a recall that was open on it. Thankfully, everything was covered under warranty including the house call by the tow truck. Everything was handled fairly quick too considering my first call for a tow was around 8:30 and I was leaving the dealership (which is 25 minutes away) at noon.

I know poor kiddo. She was doing well with Joe's absence for the first week. Then when the weekend came and he wasn't home she started acting out more. Right now she's very adamant about being a baby, and very clingy. She's also taken to giving Coco a hug and kiss before bedtime in lieu of Daddy. Coco tolerates it. LOL But Joe gets home tomorrow night. It will be interesting to see her reaction.

They gave a support link where you can dispute the ban. I filed one right away, and was able to access the game today, so I guess it worked? I'm still debating on just deleting my game though. They recently added advertisements and they are pretty annoying. Plus what if they ban me unjustly again? I've put a lot of time into the game, but I don't know if its really worth the hassle anymore.

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 08-05-2016, 04:49 PM

That sucks though that you have to wait for it come out on DVD or Blu-Ray and Joe sees it in the theater. I'd kill Rodd for doing that to me. Of course, when he was over in Afghanistan that was a different story.

Now see, if I could afford to fly up there, I would totally take care of the kiddo for you! I could fly up on Friday, September 2nd, you'll have to get me. Plane arrives at 11pm. I would leave early Monday morning, but would be there so you could go to PAX Saturday and Sunday. No, I wouldn't feel terrible not being able to see you for the day, but in the evening we can drink! And play Donkey Konga. Promise. What do you think? Flight is only $287 round trip.

Not sure how parents with more than two kiddos juggle everything. Pretty sure I would lose my mind.

Grocery stores on the weekend are ridiculous. If I do go shopping during the weekend, it's usually done later in the evening, when most people are out doing other things. WinCo being open 24 hours is super convenient for the midnight shopping adventures.

Kind of hoping that this Sunday I get one more free ticket, cause Rodd and I will go back on Sunday for more floating and people watching. Nothing like people watching. How I want to hit Vegas again! They have drinks with little umbrellas in them, so it's a win-win situation for us.

How does your battery die after just one year? Not like y'all have the harsh summer heat like we do here. For whatever reason, the heat here eats batteries. Super crazy. Speaking of dead batteries, gotta feeling that the one in the truck might be going too. Ugh, $100 to replace it. Gross.
Would seem that the dealership knows how to take care of their buyers. Truthfully, all salesmen are sharks, it's how the maintenance and courtesy departments treat you that really form your opinion of a dealership. If those two things suck, well, they won't get my business again.

Her little eyeballs are going to pop out of her head when she sees daddy tonight. Will he be there before bedtime, or are you going to let her stay up so she can see him come home? Coco is such a trooper, taking the toddler attention without losing her marbles.

Saw the perfect meme or rather comment for you: "Someone should invent an energy drink called 6am Toddler."

Straight up, who wants to play a game where they can ban you for no explainable reason? Sounds like a crappy game to play. I'm mad for you. Perhaps a little to the Sims asshats is in order.

Shadowfflur
Wait...What?

Old 08-10-2016, 02:16 AM

Oh there are some movies that if he sees them without me its a deal breaker. It is a lot harder to go do things like a movie because we have to find someone to take care of Evee, but with her getting older it will be a lot easier to leave her with someone else for a bit.

Being able to go back to the park for free would be nice. I love people watching too. There is no shortage of that around here being near a large city. Of course, I wouldn't mind a getaway to Vegas too. ;)

I don't know, but I have to take the car back to the dealership AGAIN because the window control on the driver's door doesn't work for the front passenger window. I just discovered that one, so not sure if it is a side effect of the battery issue or what. Thankfully my stuff is still under warranty so no money out of pocket here. I hope you don't have to pay too much for your truck. I hate paying for maintenance, but its cheaper than a new vehicle!

Evee passed out about 15 minutes into the drive down to the airport. So she was drowsy and Joe came home with a full beard so she was a little hesitant. But the next day she was all over him, and kept petting his beard which was funny. Saturday was also the day of Joe's ping pong tournament. He managed to get 4 brackets deep, yet didn't win a single match. Heck, I even beat him, and that was playing for fun with Evee on my back! I wish someone took a picture, there were a few guys who came over and gave me kudos for wearing her and playing so well which I thought was pretty funny.

I ended up deleting the game. They sent me a follow up email asking if I was still having trouble accessing my account, but I haven't responded yet. I never spent any money on the game so I guess I can't complain too much.

Sorry its taken me so long to respond. I've been super busy with daily chores, trying to get ready for court on Monday, helping my Mom, and watching the Olympics! I've even got Evee cheering at the TV its so cute. Oh! Just remembered you said there was a trade pending, better go check that...

---------- Post added 08-09-2016 at 07:27 PM ----------

Thank you for the set! I had picked up the Kaze keen ten and whalecow before, so it looks like my mule gets a couple new items to use too!

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 08-10-2016, 02:30 PM

Finally got to see Ant Man...really wish I would have seen it in the theater now. Dag nab it. Paul Rudd is hilarious as Ant Man and the supporting cast...very eclectic and fun. Plus the fight between him and Falcon had me laughing my ass off.
Gotta have your boundaries when it comes to movies you want to see with your spouse. There were a few that I didn't care to see, Batman vs. Superman being one of them, not feeling Ben Affleck as Batman, Michael Keaton for sure, Christian Bale no doubt, Val Kilmer was good, but not Ben Affleck. Ugh. He ruined Dare Devil, him as iconic Batman sits weird with me.

Well they sent me a check for the $30 to replace the license plate. Guess they didn't read that it could only be purchased online since I couldn't make it back to the park. Assholes. Whatever. From here on out, going to claim $100 on everything since that is the normal amount they will reimburse up to, according to my friendly FedEx driver, Brian. At least you were able to get a new one. And we aren't out any money really. Woo hoo!

If we did a Vegas adventure I would want to do it after Rodd has a job. Makes saving money that much easier. Getting rooms won't be an issue since he and I play that MyVegas on Facebook, we don't spend money on it, so all the points we have accumulated are from the free chips each day. We can get some pretty decent rooms and stay in a nice place on the strip. Aria, Mandalay Bay, New York, New York. We got options.

Possible that the button shorted out when the battery took a shit. I would almost ask them if you alternator is okay. Alternators can drain the battery when they start going and since you are under warranty it would be one of those items they would have to replace. Something to think about when you take it in.

Truck has been running fine since that incident, I think it was operator error on my part. Not turning the key the full turn. Has been known to happen from time to time. Do have to get the oil changed though. Luckily there was a flyer that came in the mail to work last week for Brakes Plus and an oil change for higher mileage vehicles is only $39.99. Probably a few bucks more for me since trucks and SUVs tend to take a few more quarts, but hey, still cheaper than doing it somewhere else. And I will have them check the brakes, curious to know how much longer I have on those before they need to be replaced. Better to be safe than sorry.

Maintenance might be cheaper at times, but with my Saturn it would cost more than the car is worth to get the alternator and A/C stuff fixed.

Has Joe since shaved off the beard? Imaging my dad without a beard is weird. Much like seeing Bear without a beard, it's just wrong. Not sure I would want Rodd to grow a beard...might make me feel like I was kissing my dad. Could be kind of awkward.

Regular superwoman over there, playing with Evee on your back. Would have paid good money to see that. And how did Joe get into Ping Pong if he isn't that good?

Guess they didn't notice that you had said goodbye to their shenanigans. It might still be beneficial to say something to them, event though you didn't spend money, that your reason for leaving is the unjust banning of your account. Ask them if they did that to someone that had spent money on their account, how would that person feel? And if you so chose, you could bad mouth their game to your friends encouraging them not to play. These days, word of mouth advertising is big business, no one wants to be bad mouthed for fear of losing loyal customers.

You're a mom and a wife, I don't expect you to be here everyday...every other day, yeah, that might be more doable. Anything longer than a week and I will be calling you to make sure you haven't died or something has gone catastrophically wrong where you live.

Hope that bitch gets what is coming to her for causing all these problems. Ugh. People like her are the reason others have to pay high fees in advance.

Work has been slow enough that Kristi brought in her small television and the Roku so we could watch the Olympics. Men's Volleyball was yummy to watch.

Glad to help out your mule with some new items. Happen to have the full set since I try every event to get a few extras just in case.

Heads up for the next event, when it happens, currency is generated by your posts, usually .25 per post and whatever currency you have at the end of the event generally gets rolled over.

Trying to convince Rodd that we should hit the water park again this weekend since we have one free ticket left and we can swallow the cost of the other general admission ticket since I got $46 from a class action suit against Capital One. Yippee. If not this weekend, next weekend since the tickets expire the first week of September and I don't want to miss out on the chance to even out the tan on my legs.

P.S. Sorry for the wall of text. Call me Chatty Cathy.

Shadowfflur
Wait...What?

Old 08-11-2016, 02:59 AM

Ant Man was good. Joe rented it and we watched it the night before we went and saw Civil War. Really glad we did too since all those movies like to tie into each other. But you aren't missing anything on Batman v Superman. Watched it at home and its sooooo long. They tried to put way too much into one movie and set up for other movies down the line. Plus HATE the Lex Luthor guy. I am looking for to the new Wonder Woman movie that will be coming out. It takes place in WW1, and looks really interesting. Hopefully its better than Batman v Superman.

At least you got something, but really it should have been more than that. I haven't been able to meet with the guy that picked up the frame for me yet, but I know he will hold on to it for me.

It would be quite a while before I could afford a Vegas adventure. First I've got to work on the Thailand adventure in October. I told you about that right? We got our passports last week, so its a real possibility! Still have to book everything, but I'm pretty excited. X3

Oh yeah, he had to shave it all off Monday morning before going in to work. I didn't see him until that evening and it still took me by surprise a bit. lol

Any idea when the next event will be? We have so many things coming up. I refuse to acknowledge we are into Fall already and my calendar is nearly full all the way until Thanksgiving! Its nuts. Hopefully I can get a couple event items, but if not they should be cheap enough right after and during.

Oh yeah, the whole ping pong thing was a charity event. Thats why he was in it. Its for a charity called Child's Play which provides video games and systems to kids who are hospitalized.

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 08-11-2016, 02:44 PM

Saw the trailer for Wonder Woman and WOW is pretty much all I can say. I think the actress playing the character will do the part fair justice. It'll be fascinating to see how the movie plays out. (And as I typed that, there was thunder so loud and close it shook the building here at work.)

I have heard that from more than one person about Batman v Superman, they tried to cram too much into the story line of the movie. Which sucks because it's possible that the movie could have been decent. Of course, I could point out that American's are only amused and enthralled with action movies that deliver action all the time with very little plot or story line, throw in some humor and you have us hooked. Sad, but true.

Holy crap, couple of good cracks of thunder and it has started pouring, again. Like heavy enough I can hear it through the ceiling at work. Love it! Monsoon season seems to have hit a little late this year. No real complaints though, enjoying every minute of it right now.

From now on, any package I send through FedEx that has something in it like the license plate frame will have insurance on it. Only costs a few dollars more and should something like this happen I can definitely get my money back and then some. Pricks.
Glad you were able to get a replacement plate. Sucks that it happened this way.

No, you didn't tell me about Thailand...what's in Thailand? Or the better question, why Thailand?
Was it hard to get the passport? Been thinking about getting mine, learning Finnish and moving to Norway. Could be fun.

Vegas can wait, it'll be there when we get the chance to hit again. Doing an all girls weekend would be amazing! Might even convince Lindsay to go, more like convince her husband to let her go. Seems he has this rule about not letting her go without him. Whatever.

Leaves hairy, comes back nude. Can definitely see that being an eye opener. How did Evee take it?

Well, other than the URE, which has no EIs, my logical guess would be Halloween. There haven't been any rumblings about a summer event this month and September historically doesn't have one (at least according to the list of past events), so Halloween in October would be it. If you can't make it during the event let me know and I will for sure pick you up set of the EIs. And should you find time to get here, check out the Special event store for the event commons and spy some you just can't live without, let me know. I generally do a little shopping for people during the events to help them get the commons they love.

Well in that case, it's understandable why he wasn't the greatest. I thought it was something that he was seriously into and joined a tournament.

Oh snap! I almost forgot to tell you! Yesterday at work the admin downtown sent out an e-mail saying that there were two tickets and a parking pass for the preseason game Cardinals vs. Raiders happening this Friday, first person to e-mail back saying that want them, gets them. Well wouldn't you know it....I was the first to respond. Yippee! So we're going to the game on Friday, pretty sure the tickets are at the fifty yard line, should be very entertaining. I'll take pictures and share.

Shadowfflur
Wait...What?

Old 08-16-2016, 08:07 PM

I saw your pics on Facebook of the football game. Super cool you got the tickets for free. Too bad they were playing the Raiders though. :P

So we had court yesterday. She showed up only 2 minutes before start time, and Joe and I were thinking she would not show up. The judge was not thrilled when he saw the giant stack of paperwork we had to submit as evidence. Everything had to be checked over by her, and she immediately tried to say we were submitting false documents.The first was the walkthrough inspection from move in that the property management did and had her signature on it. She also tried to get the police report thrown out. Judge accepted it all and told her that if she continued to fight every piece of evidence for the sake of fighting he would kick her out. So we went down the line of each charge, and she was mumbling, huffing, rolling her eyes, and just acting out. Again the judge told her to knock it off. (Thankfully I didn't hear her because Joe was standing between us). When it was her turn to talk she submitted a binder with a bunch of email and letters that we had never seen before. The first thing he wanted to know was what her legal reason was for breaking her lease early. Her reason? Because she got a new job in Seattle and the rent was so expensive over there that buying a house would be cheaper. Judge asked her again why she felt she could legally break the lease. She started launching into a story about an ex boyfriend stalking her and she needed to move. The judge cut her off, and moved on to the next issue. She tried several times to go into one of her stories but he always cut her off. There were a few lies that she told, but I wasn't given a chance to call her out because we were in front of the judge for an hour and a half! We could tell that he wanted us gone. In the end he ruled in our favor for $1395 and some change, but rounded it down to $1300 which was the exact amount of her security deposit, and denied her counter claim. We were a little bummed to not get the additional $1500.00 we were suing her for, but its totally over now. We knew she wouldn't ever pay the money and it would be a fight to get anything. So really he did us a favor. Plus I get the special satisfaction that all that time standing in front of the judge she was in pain because of the hooker heels she was wearing. She even asked for a chair after only a few minutes, and the judge told her no. That warmed the dark place in my heart. Hehehe.

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 08-16-2016, 08:51 PM

My only complaint about the justice system is this, by ruling that she doesn't have to pay any additional fees for her actions she is being told it's all right for her to do this to someone else. Someone that won't put up a fight like you did, or believe her lies. Can't imagine that she will have the house forever. Truly horrendous the things people do to stuff that isn't their's.

We had some damn good seats. Would not mind seeing a game from those seats again, should the opportunity present itself. We are going to a game in November with Mom and dad for their 35th anniversary. Looked into getting a message up on the scoreboard during the first quarter for them...Cardinals want a $100 donation to a charity of their choosing for a message to be displayed, ten words or less. Might be worth it. Have to talk to Amy, although she won't be there to see it, perhaps she will want to get in on the action. Dunno.

Mom asked me if Rodd and I want to go with them next fall to Hawaii, all we have to pay is our airfare. Would not mind going at all. Means we have to start saving now. Looked at ticket prices for October of this year, $1600-$1700 for us to fly economy. Yikes. Hoping that since it isn't actually until next year, ticket prices will be less when we go to buy. Need to ask mom the dates, or an idea of the dates. Time off from work comes into play as well. And if Rodd has a job by then, his time off. Being an adult sucks.

Shadowfflur
Wait...What?

Old 08-19-2016, 03:38 AM

I had the same thought, but karma will catch up with her. She is such a toxic person I am so glad to not have to deal with her anymore. If she does rear her ugly mug you better believe I will have the police involved. Speaking of that, yesterday was pretty interesting. Right as Joe got home there was a helicopter hovering over the house. I was just about to go out and see what was going on when he walked in the door and said that the entire block was on lockdown and there was a police perimeter in place. Thankfully the 3rd officer he went to let him in, but they had K9 out looking for someone that shot up an apartment door up the hill from us. They found the gun, but we never heard if they found the suspect too. Ahh, got to love living in an urban area.

$100 really doesn't seem bad for a message displayed. I figured it would be more. I think its a good idea though, so long as you know when it will be displayed so you don't miss it. lol

Did you sign up for a team for the upcoming event? I saw the thread a few days ago, but didn't post. I'm not sure if you have to be on a team to participate or not. OOh! And I just saw the new CI. Super cute. I love that you can have whiskers and white cat ears now. I'm going to have to remember to play lots of tetris to get one. Your new avatar is pretty creepy. What item is that?

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 08-19-2016, 02:03 PM

If you want the new CI, I have a few left in stock right now. I sell the new ones for 2k when they are released.

Love making the dark creepy avatars and it was the hair in the new CI that inspired me to go this dark, creepy route with the outfit. The mirror is an EI, can't remember from what event though...if you are interested I might have a whole set from the event. Let me research and find out, then I will send you the trade. Pretty sure it was a Halloween EI from last year, the year before...

Sometimes living in an urban area can get pretty interesting, no lie there. Speaking of helicopters, or as someone out here referred to it "The Ghetto Bird," we haven't had one fly over us in quite sometime. When we first moved here it seemed like that big black bastard was out once a week and we'd hear the police sirens come screaming down Country Club. There was also the magical night that I came home from hanging with a friend to find the entire complex over run with police and K-9 units looking for someone. Good times.

In regards to the upcoming site event, if you want to participate in whatever game Howdy will be putting on,you must select a team and sign up. But otherwise, no, you don't have to be on a team to enjoy the event. If it wasn't for the fact that I promised some people sets of the EIs since they can't make it on during the event, I wouldn't be participating anymore. An e-mail was just sent out yesterday with the dates of the event and it's August 26th to September 1st, which means that the URE me and a bunch of other people were planning has to either be moved, or scrapped. Now, my anger wouldn't be so bad if we hadn't selected the dates back in April after doing extensive research to make sure we would be in the clear from impeding on a site run event. Almost four months of planning, down the drain.

We chose a Summer theme, kind of a last hoorah before fall hit. September was chosen because historically there has never been a site run event in the month of September and now this.
Pretty sure my girl time is making me more angry and melancholy at the same time, but it still sucks something fierce.