CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-24-2015, 05:11 AM

Welcome to the (long delayed) results thread for the Festival of Winter Nights Winter Nights Wardrobe contest!

First of all - very sorry about the delay. A combination of being sick for a very long time, being distracted by prep and actualization of the Valentine's Day event, and just general, "derp - I was going to work on that and ran out of time" happened. Enough excuses though - let's get to the winners!

I highly suggest you go back to the thread and give a look on the entries. Across the board, even if they weren't particular "favorites", I enjoyed every single entry because I loved the way the participants thought about the island they were representing and went for it. I'd really enjoy running the contest again in the future, because I really looked forward to seeing what people did. People "got" the contest. It really made me happy and I got that same surge of pleasure as I was finalizing the judging.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-24-2015, 05:29 AM

Winners: Group Contest

The theme of the group contest was "celebrating the holidays" or "a famous holiday group".

Quote:
Prizes: Group Contest
Each member of the winning groups will win the following:
✪ First Prize - 5,000 gold + their choice of any 2014 cash item (Contribution Item or Mennies Item) or another 3,000 gold.
✪ Second Prize - 3,000 gold
✪ Third Prize - 1,000 gold
The Runner Up winners are: Phobos and Deimos , xo~GREMLIN~ox , Utopia , and GummyBearKisses with their "Seasonal charity" themed group. There are no prizes for runner up position, but I hope everyone drops by the Charity Forum and participates in their generous threads. You can click on the links to go directly to their charities and see what they have going on today!

The Third Place winners are: Xogizmoox, Nephila, SuperZombiePotatoe, sjacklene, Maha-Aamir, and fireprincess with their "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" cosplay group! It's really cute and colorful and looks it was a lot of fun to put together. :3 Congratulations!

The Second Place winners are: CrimsonShadow (as Santa), Wings of Writing (as Jack Frost), Kilia (as Tooth), Esmme (as Sandy), blueblackrose (as Bunnymund), Elirona (as Pitch) for their "Rise of the Guardians" cosplay group! It's one of my favorite animated movies and the characters are about as close as you could get with the items we had. Cosplay is hard, but you guys pulled it off! Congratulations!

And the First Place winners are: bloodstainedwings, Cardinal Biggles, Dystopia, HamletSpamlet, KatMagenta, and ~LONGCAT~ with their "A Christmas Carol" cosplay group!

I'm a real sucker for interpretations of A Christmas Carol, honestly. It's not my top favorite Christmas-related story, but it's always interesting to see how people interpret the characters. This group went for a real classic look to them. I loved how the dreary grey carried through to all characters in the group, and yet the characters who were meant to be more "jolly" managed to pull more color into their entries.

Congratulations to the group!

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-24-2015, 06:10 AM

Islands Contest Winners

For those who didn't follow along with the contest or need the refresher, the Islands contest was a contest with rounds that changed every two days to give a new contest theme based on the clothing styles of the other islands of the Chain. Participants could choose between two islands each round to dress up their avatar and got more points for turning in their entries early. They could also earn bonus points based on how much I personally liked their entries.

Quote:
Prizes: Island Challenge
✪ First Prize
The three users with the top number of points earned may each choose 1 CI and 1 Mennies item, each with an average price 15k or under on the Marketplace.
✪ Second Prize
The three users with the second-most number of earned points may each choose 1 CI or Mennies item with an average price 15k or under on the Marketplace.
✪ Third Prize
The three users with the third-most number of earned points may each choose 1 CI or Mennies item from 2014.
The Third Place winners of the Islands contest are: Chexala, Dystopia, and bloodstainedwings with 21 points each! Below are my favorite avatars each of them produced so you can enjoy them too!

Chexala's Isle of Cacao avatar has that wonderful, breezy islander look to her. This cafe worker is comfortable with her job and the setting is spot on perfect. I really loved it.

Dystopia's Tapio avatar is so amazingly soft and beautiful. Her islander blends beautifully with the background and the parrot pops.

bloodstainedwings really snagged onto "The Pastoral Symphony" from Fantasia. That actually is one of the listed inspirations for Milos and I loved how she interpreted it! This lovely centaur could easily fit in the Fantasia short - and Milos itself!

The Second Place winners of the Islands contest are: Elirona and SuperZombiePotatoe with 22 points each! Below are my favorite avatars each of them submitted! I hope everyone likes them as much as I did.

Elirona's Gwydion avatar is just dreamy and shoujo and the background fairly shouts the Art Noveau influences that were mentioned. He'd be such a bishie character in an amazing manga about Gwydion. Someone should get on that.

SuperZombiePotatoe had an interesting advantage. Her descriptions for each entry were always so interesting and often made me laugh. xD While not her "prettiest" avatar (and she did have some very pretty ones), my favorite is definitely her harassed bunny daycare worker from Zajac. The expression kills me every time. I've been there. xD Poor bunny.

And the First Place winners of the Islands contests are: Nephila, zigbigadorlube, and Captain Aamelia with 23 points each! You should really look at all of their avatars, because they are really great. :) But here are my top favorites from each, just to give you a sampling!

Nephilia's islander from Tapio is just so beautiful. I love everything about it. I like the way the different influences are blended together for something that feels very much "it's own thing". Something that's "Tapio".

Ziggy's Navarro avatar is great. The outfit is pitch-perfect, the scene is great, and I love the general color balance. It's just such an eye-pleasing avatar, I sat and admired it a lot. :)

This silvery moonlit islander from Merkhet is just beautiful. It's a still frame from a story. The two of you have locked eyes for a moment and then she'll continue on to her fate. It's the sort of avatar that sort of gives me the shivers and I love it. :)

Congratulations to the winners! And, really, congratulations to everyone who entered. You all inspired me and I'm a little disappointed I can't share everything with everyone. That's why I suggest you go back and look at the entries yourselves! You'll miss out otherwise! Thank you to everyone who submitted.

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-24-2015, 06:14 AM

Curious how many points you earned? Behind the cut is the information. Please don't take the numerical values given to heart, though. That's just my opinion, based on the boundaries of the contest as I set them. There were several I argued back and forth with myself about.

SPOILERX

♛ = Favorite for that island, that round and earned 1 bonus point.

Nephila:
+5 (Round 1) ♛
+4 (Round 2)
+4 (Round 3)
+4 (Round 4)
+5 (Round 5) ♛
+2 (bonus)
Total = 23

Esmme:
+3 (Round 1)
+0 (Round 2)
+3 (Round 3)
+4 (Round 4)
+4 (Round 5)
+2 (bonus)
Total = 16

Chexala:
+4 (Round 1)
+4 (Round 2)
+3 (Round 3)
+4 (Round 4)
+4 (Round 5)
+2 (bonus)
Total = 21

fireprincess:
+3 (Round 1)
+4 (Round 3)
+3 (Round 4)
+4 (Round 5)
+2 (bonus)
Total = 16

Whimzica:
+3 (Round 1)
+3 (Round 2)
+3 (Round 3)
+3 (Round 4)
+3 (Round 5)
+2 (bonus)
Total = 17

Elirona:
+4 (Round 1)
+5 (Round 2) ♛
+3 (Round 3)
+4 (Round 4)
+4 (Round 5)
+2 (bonus)
Total = 22

Gummybearkisses:
+3 (Round 1)
+3 (Round 2)
+3 (Round 3)
+3 (Round 4)
+3 (Round 5)
+2 (bonus)
Total = 17

shinigamikarasu:
+1 (Round 1)
+5 (Round 2) ♛
+4 (Round 3)
+4 (Round 4)
+3 (Round 5)
+2 (bonus)
Total = 19

Shadami:
+4 (Round 1)
+3 (Round 2)
+3 (Round 3)
+3 (Round 4)
+3 (Round 5)
+2 (bonus)
Total = 18

SuperZombiePotatoe:
+4 (Round 1)
+4 (Round 2)
+4 (Round 3)
+4 (Round 4)
+4 (Round 5)
+2 (bonus)
Total = 22

Dystopia:
+4 (Round 1)
+3 (Round 2)
+4 (Round 3)
+4 (Round 4)
+4 (Round 5)
+2 (bonus)
Total = 21

star2000shadow:
+3 (Round 1)
+3 (Round 2)
+3 (Round 3)
+4 (Round 4)
+5 (Round 5) ♛
+2 (bonus)
Total = 20

XogizmooX:
+3 (Round 1)
+3 (Round 2)
+3 (Round 3)
+4 (Round 4)
+4 (Round 5)
+2 (bonus)
Total = 19

EirianHikari:
+3 (Round 1)
Total = 3

zigbigadorlube:
+5 (Round 1) ♛
+4 (Round 2)
+4 (Round 3)
+4 (Round 4)
+4 (Round 5)
+2 (bonus)
Total = 23

Captain Aamelia:
+4 (Round 1)
+4 (Round 2)
+4 (Round 3)
+5 (Round 4) ♛
+4 (Round 5)
+2 (bonus)
Total = 23

Kent:
+4 (Round 1)
+3 (Round 2)
+4 (Round 3)
+3 (Round 4)
+4 (Round 5)
+2 (bonus)
Total = 20

bloodstainedwings:
+3 (Round 1)
+3 (Round 2)
+5 (Round 3) ♛
+5 (Round 4) ♛
+3 (Round 5)
+2 (bonus)
Total = 21

KatMagenta:
+2 (Round 1)
+4 (Round 2)
+5 (Round 3) ♛
+3 (Round 4)
+4 (Round 5)
+2 (bonus)
Total = 20

Blueblackrose:
+2 (Round 1)
+1 (Round 2)
+2 (Round 3)
+2 (Round 4)
Total = 7

Angel<3:
+3 (Round 2)
Total = 3

~LONGCAT~:
+1 (Round 2)
+4 (Round 3)
+2 (bonus)
Total = 7

Velvet:
+4 (Round 3)
+3 (Round 4)
+3 (Round 5)
Total = 10

Mageling:
+2 (Round 3)
+4 (Round 4)
Total = 6

Mnemosyne:
+3 (Round 4)
Total = 3

Rochiel Silverfire:
+2 (Round 4)
+4 (Round 5)
Total = 6

=================

Gold prizes will start being handed out tonight and I'll send you a PM if you won an item prize, asking what you'd like. Please reply when you've chosen your prize!

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 02-24-2015, 06:41 AM

Wow, congrats to all the winners! Thanks for the awesome avatar contest, CK! The Gwydion avatar was definitely my favorite of the ones I made, also. :P

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 02-24-2015, 06:42 AM

c: Thank you!

CK
Crusher of Dreams
Assistant Administrator

Old 02-24-2015, 06:51 AM

The gold prizes for the Group contest winners have been awarded! If I missed you somehow, throw a rock at my head please! (Well... send me a PM or post here and I'll apologize profusely and get to it!)

Sending PMs to the Islands contest winners to ask about prizes starting now. :)

EDIT: PMs all sent! I'll get back to them asap. And, again, if I missed anyone somehow, just give me a poke and a cold fish.

Maha-Aamir
Meow!

Old 02-24-2015, 07:28 AM

Thank you so much, it was great fun putting it all together

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 02-24-2015, 08:18 AM

Thanks!

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 02-24-2015, 08:21 AM

OMG! I don't even know what to ask for. O.o

Congrats everyone and Thanks for the fun challenge!

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 02-24-2015, 12:54 PM

well that was more points then i thought i'd get 'blinks' congrats to the winners.

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Send a message via Yahoo to Cardinal Biggles

Old 02-24-2015, 01:38 PM

Oh golly. You know, this is even more rewarding because I had teammates. Good job everyone and thanks CK!

SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 02-24-2015, 05:42 PM

I gots second! Yeeeeeaaaaahhhhhhh
Thank you so much....
And my group winned third place! Woohoo! Well done everybody!

Captain Aamelia
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via MSN to Captain Aamelia

Old 02-24-2015, 10:55 PM

I won, I can't believe that I won..! Thank you!

And congratulations to everyone else! There where alot of amazing entries

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 02-25-2015, 02:19 AM

Yay! Results time!

Congrats to everyone, and thank you so much CK for the contest and the prize. I had so much fun creating entries for this.

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 02-25-2015, 09:47 PM

Thank you CK!!
And thanks to Biggs for setting up an awesome group!! :3

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Send a message via Yahoo to Cardinal Biggles

Old 02-26-2015, 12:34 AM

Oh, you.

HamletSpamlet
[¬º-°]¬

Old 02-26-2015, 01:44 AM

Thank you, CK! Hi-fives all around for my awesome teammates.

sjacklene
I need a life :/

Penpal

Old 03-02-2015, 10:02 AM

Congrats to all the winners! Yay fir third place! Thanks for hosting! :D