BoomBoom
ʘ‿ʘ
Send a message via AIM to BoomBoom

Old 11-02-2008, 01:03 AM

Yeah yeah, I hear you say zombies aren't real and all that junk! Buuut the movies and literature about them sure are. Think about the possibility of the Zombie Apocalypse coming about! What would you do? Who would you save and go back for? Would you survive?

Zombies are an important thing to me, I love to watch zombie movies. They make my imagination go out of it's horrible bounds!

That type of horror is my favourite though. There's nothing like a bit of survival horror mixed with scientists who have a god complex to make things better!

I just watched Rec. (Remade for American audiences as 'Quarantine') and was just awed by the sheer awesome that that movie was. It was all in a sealed off apartment building, making it more believable! Also, it DIDN'T have a happy ending.

Alrighty, feel free to talk about your favourite zombie film. Tell me a bit about them and such, I haven't seen many but I have seen a good few!

Also, how would you think your country would cope with such a virus outbreak?
Ours would fail miserably, we have almost no guns! But guns don't necessarily certify survival!

Queen_Andais
I move the stars for no one.

Penpal

Old 11-02-2008, 01:11 AM

I laughed at Quarantine...the premise of the movie was rather ridiculous and far fetched. Now, I am Legend was a great movie for the believability of what happened, or better yet, 28 days later was outrageously spectacular.
My aim would be for a small island that had enough area for me to grow food and survive away from the mainland.

Bippy
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 11-02-2008, 01:12 AM

I think my favorite zombie movie is Land of the Dead. It's not very realistic, but it's very funny. Also, where I live the population isn't large enough for a major outbreak to affect outlying areas (it's about one person per sq mile). So if you went out into the country you'd be pretty safe from zombies. The rest of the country though? doomed

BoomBoom
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 11-02-2008, 01:15 AM

I liked it, I haven't seen Quarantine. But I bet they changed a lot of things. It was less farfetched than I am Legend. I personally hated the ending because the fences around the community were tiny for how high the zombies were able to jump!

28 Days Later is my favourite movie ever! The whole place being fully infested by angry raging zombies was kickass! 28 Weeks later was not <___> I wanted to know what happened to the guys from the last movie!

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 11-02-2008, 01:22 AM

Made me wonder too, Boom. Where did they end up? How are they doing now? One of the nice things about 28 days later was how fast the zombies ran, and how fast the virus moved. The virus itself was definitely believable. We are for certain an angry society, so it would make sense to have a rage virus.
I am legend rocked because I feel that we are too dependent on our vaccinations and medications for curing everything these days. Anyone remember that pesky thing called the circle of life? Yeah, well people have to die and be born for it perpetuate. Not a lot of people are dying off as quickly as they once did thanks to the advancement of medicine, but now we have all kinds of super virus and bacterias. We are screwing ourselves right into extinction.

whitebeast
(ó㉨ò)

Old 11-02-2008, 01:24 AM

The 28 series is really, really good.

I love it to pieces. xD The situation was so painfully frightening. Most zombie movies give you a sliver of survival and hope but this one just doesn't. There's the constant struggle and fear of infection---of not getting away with it.

Though the Infected from 28... They weren't technically zombies right? More like sick people who just overly gave in to their aggressive behaviors.

Most of the zombies... Hmm.

Just what makes zombies, zombies anyway?

If we're talking revived dead things or things that are dead, but still alive and walking... Wouldn't it make sense that they be slow moving since their vessels are rotting thanks to rigor mortis?

o w o;;

-joins in the discussion-

BoomBoom
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 11-02-2008, 01:40 AM

To me Zombies are just people with no free will, sort of like animals... but with less thought put into their lives.

The Rage Virus Zombies of 28 days later are pretty much zombies because they seem like they want the virus to spread...

I like how they went into other ways of spreading disease, like through the eyes! I haven't really seen people explore other ways of getting infected!

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 11-02-2008, 01:40 AM

That's a thought, White. What about the zombies from the Resident Evil series? They are infected with a virus that turns them into just a base functioning type of being. Interesting that they aren't slow in the movie or game. And only some of them are reanimated, the original infected people just enhaled the stuff.

BoomBoom
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 11-02-2008, 01:52 AM

You have differencing types and speeds of zombie in games though - to make it more interesting! Though that would be more realistic I guess?

I don't like slow moving ones, because people can actually run without tooo much effort! Or the classic 'brain eating' ones too.

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 11-02-2008, 01:58 AM

Eating brains is just kind of gross. Wouldn't any type of flesh be just as good?

whitebeast
(ó㉨ò)

Old 11-02-2008, 02:01 AM

The traditional voodoo zombie is one that is being outlawed but continued in practice where it's based. I forgot the place. The person lose their sense of self and will. This is thanks to the fact that they've been overdosed with drugs that terminate brain activity permanently.

The first few zombie movies showed cannibalistic corpses that are slow moving and gurgle. Kinda corpse like since as corpses decompose, gases do break up and stuff inside so the moans/groans.

Slow movement thanks to rigor mortis.

Then lately, they're turning more human in a way that they move faster and are more aggressive.

A most obvious example are the 28 people.

It's as if, our zombies are evolving. Like from a fear of corpses to a fear of what if humans gave in to their base instincts and letting go of 'control.'

I wouldn't compare zombies to animals though. Pretty insulting for animals since the latter set of entities are pretty intelligent. ;3

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 11-02-2008, 02:23 AM

Very true. However, the zombie/creature things of I am Legend are different then that of most movies. Here is a vaccine that went horribly wrong. Instead of curing the cancer, it's taken away the most basic of human instincts and mutated the humans that it didn't kill.

whitebeast
(ó㉨ò)

Old 11-02-2008, 02:29 AM

Haven't watched I Am Legend. xD;

-wishes she had-

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 11-02-2008, 02:35 AM

If you get the chance, I highly recommend it. Makes a good point that not everyone will become a mutated genetic freak. Might like it White.

whitebeast
(ó㉨ò)

Old 11-02-2008, 02:40 AM

I see...

But then there will always be someone who is immune to something. From there we can get the antibodies and all that.

The 28 weeks later made them symptom free but not immune. They were still carriers right?

I can't wait for the 28 months later sequel. I hear it's in the making. xD

Pyro neko jess
*^_^*

Old 11-02-2008, 02:42 AM

Its neat to see how the Zombie movies have changes over the years.

whitebeast
(ó㉨ò)

Old 11-02-2008, 02:47 AM

Just goes to show that the film industry ain't static. ;3

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 11-02-2008, 02:49 AM

Really? Hadn't heard anything about that, but now I am really intrigued as to how things progress and where it goes. How quickly does the earth wither and die, or is it contained only to the european continent. Questions, questions.

BoomBoom
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 11-02-2008, 02:50 AM

I thought the vaccine thing was strange.
In Rec. the girl that had developed the infection was thought to have been possessed. I like that idea, because in real life another persons inner demons are actually a mental disease, and in Rec. it just happened to be the virus in a huge dose!

Jeeeeeeeez the zombie chick gave me the biggests of jeebies. She was anorexic and had a hammer! When zombies have a hammer your ruuun! Cept you can't! X3

Edit: Please please watch Rec, NOT Quarantine... it has been dumbed down and made really stupid. Yup. I just read the synopsis for Quarantine, so bad! Rec is so different!

Last edited by BoomBoom; 11-02-2008 at 03:00 AM..

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 11-02-2008, 03:03 AM

We are a very vaccine happy society that wants to protect against everything. Well we should be worried that we are killing to many of the good viruses that help keep our immune systems fighting and strong. We can't effectively defend ourselves against the super bugs if we are only immunized for the small bugs. What we don't kill just gets stronger and more effective at killing us. Which is why I don't believe in getting vaccines and other stuff. Natural is better.

BoomBoom
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 11-02-2008, 03:09 AM

I dunno, there are diseases that aren't natural and we shouldn't be getting that should have vaccines against them - like Ebola, or the bird flu.
High demand for for food sources and deforestation just leads us to make more diseases that we shouldn't be coming in contact with anyways!

whitebeast
(ó㉨ò)

Old 11-02-2008, 03:10 AM

That's what made me wonder post 28weeks later as well.

What if we kill something we deem unfit and all now only to find out that i the future, it's going to be what's going to save us?

Geez... This is humanity's fault for having such a complex life system. xD At least we don't have zombie cockroaches and what not. Though I remember zombie/infected spiders from Resident Evil 2 (video game not movie)

At any rate, if anything should happen, I believe that there will always be survivors. There has to be.

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 11-02-2008, 03:39 AM

Resident Evil extinction kind of ticked me off. It stated that the earth withered and died with the progression of the virus. I find that to be very arrogant and condescending to think that the earth would die without our existence.

BoomBoom
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 11-02-2008, 03:45 AM

Yeah, I think the earth would prosper! And turn into fields of brush and forests! we make the planet slowly die, not the other way around!

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 11-02-2008, 03:51 AM

That is so true Boom. The earth would be glad to be rid of our using and destruction of it's natural beauty.