Admiral
Chancellor
Send a message via AIM to Admiral

Old 12-07-2013, 04:26 AM

Well this is definitely a bit new to me still, but a community isn't much of one without, well, people to talk to all the time! So here goes my attempt to find others of my like-minded niche.

I am a mythology buff. When I was five I wanted to be a Mythology professor at a college and find many students interested in mythology as well. ...Well, teaching my classmates in Sr. High opened my eyes, so I kept my love of mythological things to myself.

But.

I still have many thoughts, ideas, beliefs, and even questions about mythology, mythological beasts, legends, and things of that nature, and so I invite you to share with us!

I don't know much about rules or guidelines for a hangout/nation, so until I figure some out (if any are really needed) it's a sort of free for all.

Weekly question:
(will change on Friday nights)-
Have you ever named a pet after a mythological anything?

Last edited by Admiral; 12-22-2013 at 02:41 PM..

Dystopia
Bitter-Bitter

Old 12-07-2013, 04:33 AM

I think teaching would be a great job. 'cept for the fact that most students are dickwads. :U;;

SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 12-07-2013, 09:35 AM

This is an awesome idea! I'm a mythology buff too
I think we haven't found everything yet. I believe in aliens, spirits and such...

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-07-2013, 11:44 AM

i'm watching the remake of
'clash of the titans'

the kracken is a sea creature, yeah?

SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 12-07-2013, 11:54 AM

Yup, badass sea creature

Admiral
Chancellor

Old 12-07-2013, 04:23 PM

I was dissuaded from teaching after being friends with so many of my teachers and their normal comments are about how uninterested their students were, but how nice it was to find one interested person. And I don't like people as a whole, so dealing with them every day...

This is what I've found weird about myself: I believe in things like fairy tales, sea creatures of mythical proportions, dragons, and almost everything in between. But aliens and ghosts, for some ridiculous reason, make no sense to me! It's like, everyone talks about them, but I just don't accept them as being real because... well, that's where I get stuck.

Ooh, the Kraken is a mighty beast, kept in the depths unttil Posiedon decides to release him. Speaking of creatures controlled by gods, does anyone think Cerberus was a regular three headed dog that they killled and rumors turned to legend, and the Kraken was just a giant squid?

SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 12-07-2013, 04:31 PM

I definitely think that the Kraken was a giant squid. Cerberus... I'm not so sure what it could have been.

Aliens and ghosts make a whole lot of sense to me. My mother and I actually had this in depth discussion about aliens and I convinced her of the possibility of it.

If by fairy tales you mean elves, knomes, fairies, leprechauns and such, I definitely believe in those. I adore the Greek myths, know everything about them... but I do have my own theory on those. They were aliens.

Admiral
Chancellor

Old 12-07-2013, 08:50 PM

Ooh, the Greek gods (if you are talking about the gods, unless I read it wrong) being aliens is a theory I just have to hear! I'd love a new take on them.

The Kraken I totally think was a giant squid that might've washed up onto a small town/city thing that was on the beach. I mean they've found them still, although we thought they were extinct. As for Cerberus, two headed cows have been born and in the times of mythology and superstition was the law of the land. If a three headed dog was born due to some freak accident, I totally think that when it died (or was killed, which I could also see), rumors turned to legend and legend turned to myth that it was owned by Hades.

I mostly say that because when I was growing up I had a black cat that was very, uh, not nice to people unless it was me. So I had a lot of friends that would come by and try to play with my cat. It didn't usually end well for them. And one day I came into school and everyone in my homeroom was talking about this monster cat I had. It was... weird. Mostly because it was people I didn't know and a few of my friends who came over often. Somehow, even though no one had come to my house from college, when we were in Italy the class was talking about my monster cat and a doll I had that simply because it was weird, they thought it walked around at night and was trying to kill them. It was just weird. But... yeah, that's why I think that these things might have existed and just flew into legend.

Aliens and ghosts don't really make too much sense to me, possibly because so many people talk about them, but there is no faith behind them. They're scary, unknown things, that we aren't supposed to or allowed to have much contact with. I can be silly and one of the people at my temp assignment just gave me an obelisk and I told her a little girl lived in it and was upset she gave it to me (it was a joke and she took it well, thankfully), but to actually believe that spirits wander houses that are abandoned, or cemeteries, or battlefields, and to believe that there are strange humanoid/creatures that wander space and may eventually find us and we don't know if they're good or bad or what they want? I think it's more I don't want to believe in these things because it's sad to think souls may wander with nowhere to go after they die, or that a race we don't know of could come here and kill us, integrate with us, or simply tell us we're doomed and see you later.

Ah, I've rambled. Have you studied other mythologies? I used to be very into Egyptian, study Celtic currently, and read Norse a lot too. Chinese, Indian, and Japanese were never particularly interesting to me though.

Mythos
deimoni isos

Old 12-08-2013, 06:08 PM

*Jumps in* Oh my, yes~ I love me some mythology

I don't believe we've found everything, especially in the world's oceans. We've only explored a very small percentage of them!

Admiral
Chancellor

Old 12-08-2013, 07:05 PM

My problem with people of late is they have said we've explored everything, but we can't get anything to go down deep enough to truly explore everything, can we? Although I did go to a lecture where this guy wants to open the Titanic as an interactive-type museum. That was awesome.

I don't think that sea serpents are as big as I want (300-600 feet/meters) although it'd be possible... I think that maybe they'd be 50 feet max. Or at least bigger than a whale. o-o But I also believe that they live way, way deep in the ocean, where only the most advanced robots of ours could go into. Nowhere people could go.

Has anyone ever seen this weird magazine? My friends' little brother had this magazine which was all about dragons and how people had actually found a skeleton/frozen specimen... I'm pretty sure it was totally fake, but it was from Discovery Teen or something weird like that. o-o I think the possibilities of dragons are wonderful to consider, on land, sea, and sky.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 12-09-2013, 05:23 PM

oh i'm sad you decided not to teach
creative minds should teach
but, i do suppose it's hard

i'm pretty open to anything, actually.
and yeah, the kracken could have been a giant squidie
*runs and hides*

Admiral
Chancellor

Old 12-09-2013, 09:39 PM

Heh, I'm always told I should teach, but it's a worse than thankless job and I'd be going into such a tiny niche. It wouldn't be a livable career. But I adore going places and talking to people about mythology, and if anyone ever has a question I tend to have the answer.

I think I'd like to have a kraken for a pet. Then I could re-enact Pokemon. *geek at heart* *chases after hummy!*

SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 12-11-2013, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral View Post
Ooh, the Greek gods (if you are talking about the gods, unless I read it wrong) being aliens is a theory I just have to hear! I'd love a new take on them.

The Kraken I totally think was a giant squid that might've washed up onto a small town/city thing that was on the beach. I mean they've found them still, although we thought they were extinct. As for Cerberus, two headed cows have been born and in the times of mythology and superstition was the law of the land. If a three headed dog was born due to some freak accident, I totally think that when it died (or was killed, which I could also see), rumors turned to legend and legend turned to myth that it was owned by Hades.

I mostly say that because when I was growing up I had a black cat that was very, uh, not nice to people unless it was me. So I had a lot of friends that would come by and try to play with my cat. It didn't usually end well for them. And one day I came into school and everyone in my homeroom was talking about this monster cat I had. It was... weird. Mostly because it was people I didn't know and a few of my friends who came over often. Somehow, even though no one had come to my house from college, when we were in Italy the class was talking about my monster cat and a doll I had that simply because it was weird, they thought it walked around at night and was trying to kill them. It was just weird. But... yeah, that's why I think that these things might have existed and just flew into legend.

Aliens and ghosts don't really make too much sense to me, possibly because so many people talk about them, but there is no faith behind them. They're scary, unknown things, that we aren't supposed to or allowed to have much contact with. I can be silly and one of the people at my temp assignment just gave me an obelisk and I told her a little girl lived in it and was upset she gave it to me (it was a joke and she took it well, thankfully), but to actually believe that spirits wander houses that are abandoned, or cemeteries, or battlefields, and to believe that there are strange humanoid/creatures that wander space and may eventually find us and we don't know if they're good or bad or what they want? I think it's more I don't want to believe in these things because it's sad to think souls may wander with nowhere to go after they die, or that a race we don't know of could come here and kill us, integrate with us, or simply tell us we're doomed and see you later.

Ah, I've rambled. Have you studied other mythologies? I used to be very into Egyptian, study Celtic currently, and read Norse a lot too. Chinese, Indian, and Japanese were never particularly interesting to me though.
Sorry it took me so long to reply.

Hmmm, other mythologies... Well, Norse mythology is super interesting aswell. I only got into it after I watched Thor XD
Then, for some reason I wanted to know what Midgard meant and I discovered that it meant " Middle Earth "... Middle-Earth?! So, Tolkien was inspired by Norse mythology and that got me even more interested in it.
Egyptian is also cool, but I haven't done much looking into that one, probably will soon though. The Mummy movies got me interested in those. Indian mythology, well I've heard a few stories from family members, that's about it.

Now, my alien theory... And, yes I was talking about the gods
So, it all started with Mount Olympus itself. The mountain is real, the highest mountain in Greece. This would make it a perfect landing spot. Also, the stories always say the palace of the gods was gold and silver and shined brightly. This could have been a space craft made of metal with flickering lights. There was always a lot of activity atop the mountain. Smoke, thunder, lightening and all this was said to be Zeus. Perhaps it was the space craft landing or taking off. Zeus was also depicted many time as being atop a cloud with lightening coming from his hands. The clouds were almost always slightly disc shaped. The lightening could have been a gun of some sort.
The gods were also said to possess awesome powers. Now, the Greeks were civillised but still somewhat primitive. Anything out of the ordinary would thus seem divine. Guns, the ability to fly, tell time, create brilliant things, these are all things that aliens might be advanced in... and the Greeks would have attributed to a superior group of beings.
The gods were also said to... um... you know, with humans and those relationships would produce demi-gods. These could have been the alien human hybrids that everyone goes mad about, though I'm not so sure about that XD
Anyway, each god was responsible for one thing like Hephaestus is the blacksmith, Dionysus is wine, Demeter is harvest etc. Maybe each of the aliens that came, taught the Greeks a about one specific thing and were then known as being the god of so and so...
So, yeah that's mostly what I got -takes a bow-

Admiral
Chancellor

Old 12-11-2013, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperZombiePotatoe View Post
Sorry it took me so long to reply.

Hmmm, other mythologies... Well, Norse mythology is super interesting aswell. I only got into it after I watched Thor XD
Then, for some reason I wanted to know what Midgard meant and I discovered that it meant " Middle Earth "... Middle-Earth?! So, Tolkien was inspired by Norse mythology and that got me even more interested in it.
Egyptian is also cool, but I haven't done much looking into that one, probably will soon though. The Mummy movies got me interested in those. Indian mythology, well I've heard a few stories from family members, that's about it.

Now, my alien theory... And, yes I was talking about the gods
So, it all started with Mount Olympus itself. The mountain is real, the highest mountain in Greece. This would make it a perfect landing spot. Also, the stories always say the palace of the gods was gold and silver and shined brightly. This could have been a space craft made of metal with flickering lights. There was always a lot of activity atop the mountain. Smoke, thunder, lightening and all this was said to be Zeus. Perhaps it was the space craft landing or taking off. Zeus was also depicted many time as being atop a cloud with lightening coming from his hands. The clouds were almost always slightly disc shaped. The lightening could have been a gun of some sort.
The gods were also said to possess awesome powers. Now, the Greeks were civillised but still somewhat primitive. Anything out of the ordinary would thus seem divine. Guns, the ability to fly, tell time, create brilliant things, these are all things that aliens might be advanced in... and the Greeks would have attributed to a superior group of beings.
The gods were also said to... um... you know, with humans and those relationships would produce demi-gods. These could have been the alien human hybrids that everyone goes mad about, though I'm not so sure about that XD
Anyway, each god was responsible for one thing like Hephaestus is the blacksmith, Dionysus is wine, Demeter is harvest etc. Maybe each of the aliens that came, taught the Greeks a about one specific thing and were then known as being the god of so and so...
So, yeah that's mostly what I got -takes a bow-
Oh wow, that would make a lot of sense for many things. And now, to pry deeper into your theory... regarding gods and their duties, would you say that Helios was the first sun god and he was replaced by Apollo when he died? And speaking of Apollo being a sexy alien (which is what I must assume his "beautiful youth" is), what do you think he was doing when everyone said he pulled the sun across the sky? Artemis too, with her moonliness?

Off that topic, do you think the god-aliens died eventually, or packed up and left, or both when Christianity came around and threatened their power?

Along those lines, were the demi-gods bred out of existence, only to have a gene show up once in a while in people that makes them do amazing things, or were they also doomed to death/fleeing?

Ah, I'm sorry if I've asked too many questions. It's just such a good theory to ponder!

SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 12-11-2013, 12:58 PM

Ah, that's a good one, although I'm not entirely sure about it XD
See, I've always considered Helios as the sun god and his sister, Selene, as the moon goddess. Thus, I considered Apollo as god of medicine, arts and music; and Artemis as being goddess of the hunt.
But, if you want to consider Apollo as sun and Artemis as moon, I think it may have something to do with light. If you look at a light bulb, it does look like a smaller version of the sun. Apollo and Artemis were twins, yes? So, they both had a hand in introducing synthetic light to the Greeks. But, they both had different personalities. Apollo would drive his light-surrounded chariot (space craft) and go about his business during the day and was associated with the sun. Artemis would do the same, but at night and was associated with the moon.

I don't think that died, well atleast not on earth, because there's no writings about any of the main gods dying. I think they left, but it could have been for a number of reasons. One of them could have been the rise of Christianity. More and more people began paying attention to the church and, seeing that they had already taught the Greeks so much, the 'gods' felt no need to waste their efforts on people who weren't paying attention and left to find other civilisations that could pass their knowledge onto. Another one could be earth itself, the atmosphere in particular. There are many ancient statues that depict men with beards. But, the odd thing is that they don't look like normal beards. They look as if they extend from the skull and not the chin. Many people think that these were helmets that allowed them to breathe our air. Perhaps, they lived on earth for as long as they could, but left when they could no longer handle our type of atmosphere. Or, maybe they missed home or sought a change of scenery.

Again, I'm still not so sure about the demi-gods. Maybe the entire reason that were considered slightly divine was because their divine parents taught them their ways. But, I seriously doubt that they were doomed. The gods didn't consider them a lot, but still recognised their existance. I think the bred out of existance theory is the most plausible. The gods taught them, but left them behind when they departed because, after all, the demi-gods had human blood in them and humans belonged on earth.

Don't worry! I'm loving this, because I haven't had a conversation like this in a loooooong time. Actually, you're the first person to ask serious questions

Admiral
Chancellor

Old 12-12-2013, 12:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperZombiePotatoe View Post
Ah, that's a good one, although I'm not entirely sure about it XD
See, I've always considered Helios as the sun god and his sister, Selene, as the moon goddess. Thus, I considered Apollo as god of medicine, arts and music; and Artemis as being goddess of the hunt.
But, if you want to consider Apollo as sun and Artemis as moon, I think it may have something to do with light. If you look at a light bulb, it does look like a smaller version of the sun. Apollo and Artemis were twins, yes? So, they both had a hand in introducing synthetic light to the Greeks. But, they both had different personalities. Apollo would drive his light-surrounded chariot (space craft) and go about his business during the day and was associated with the sun. Artemis would do the same, but at night and was associated with the moon.

I don't think that died, well atleast not on earth, because there's no writings about any of the main gods dying. I think they left, but it could have been for a number of reasons. One of them could have been the rise of Christianity. More and more people began paying attention to the church and, seeing that they had already taught the Greeks so much, the 'gods' felt no need to waste their efforts on people who weren't paying attention and left to find other civilisations that could pass their knowledge onto. Another one could be earth itself, the atmosphere in particular. There are many ancient statues that depict men with beards. But, the odd thing is that they don't look like normal beards. They look as if they extend from the skull and not the chin. Many people think that these were helmets that allowed them to breathe our air. Perhaps, they lived on earth for as long as they could, but left when they could no longer handle our type of atmosphere. Or, maybe they missed home or sought a change of scenery.

Again, I'm still not so sure about the demi-gods. Maybe the entire reason that were considered slightly divine was because their divine parents taught them their ways. But, I seriously doubt that they were doomed. The gods didn't consider them a lot, but still recognised their existance. I think the bred out of existance theory is the most plausible. The gods taught them, but left them behind when they departed because, after all, the demi-gods had human blood in them and humans belonged on earth.

Don't worry! I'm loving this, because I haven't had a conversation like this in a loooooong time. Actually, you're the first person to ask serious questions
I'm more surprised I'm the only one to seriously ask you about this, actually. It's a well thought out theory overall and has some very interesting ideas as to what could've gone on. Of course we'd never know as we weren't there, but it's not a bad idea as to what might've happened.

I forgot about Helios and Selene being siblings, it makes more sense that they stay as the sun and moon elements and Apollo takes medicine and music while Artemis takes the hunt and being chaste.

o-o Yup. Now I just want to sit around and draw sea serpents again. Or mermaids. More mermaids! >3

Ah, I wonder what that'd mean for the other mythologies. I don't know about most of them, but if we apply the aliens theme to them all... Oh so many interesting things.

SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 12-13-2013, 11:52 AM

Besides about... 2 family members, you're the only one who's taken an interest in it. People in highschool would listen and then just pass it off as one of my weird theories.

Lot's of people forget. I didn't know until I researched it. I think they have a sister... yeah, Eos goddess of the dawn.

Draw them, draw them and post them here

Gosh, now I have such a hankering to go and read up on more to try and apply them. Challenge accepted

Admiral
Chancellor

Old 12-13-2013, 07:02 PM

I have a few drawings of mermaids that can be seen on my dA. I was in a rousing discussion about mermaids a few days ago. We were trying to figure out what they would look like. My theory is grey skin, dark blue/black frill fin hair stuff, big whiteish eyes, webbed hands and arms, small, maybe with gills under the lungs.

*watches the accepted challenge*

I wwonder if the megladon(?)(not sure if that's what it is) the 100 foot shark. Is real. I wonder about a lot under the waves, actually.

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Send a message via Yahoo to Cardinal Biggles

Old 12-14-2013, 06:39 AM

Timely! I just saw some awesome sea serpent fabric:
Shy Ness - ceanirminger - Spoonflower
well, it's classes as Nessie, but it looks very snakelike to me.
It's a great look, the sea serpent one.

Admiral
Chancellor

Old 12-14-2013, 03:29 PM

Oh my, Cardinal, I love the look you have going for your avatar! It's very gorgey! I especially love what you've done with your hair. o:

Ah, that fabric does totally look more like sea serpents than Nessie. Nessie was more of a weird dinosaur looking thing, wasn't it? Large body, thin, long neck, four flipper fin things... Those just look like charming adorable sea serpents.

Ah, I've finally updated the question, I was ill last night and just kind of slept for thirteen hours or so. Nothing unusual I suppose. But, the new question is up, as is the creature of the week! Fairies: Are they good, or are they evil? For those who watched Labyrinth they might say pesky, for those who watch almost anything else that could be good. I believe it would depend on who they listen to. If they are good they'll try to help people, but if they are nature loving, they'll help wherever they live, which may mean trying to get rid of us pesky humans. So we may think they're bad, but they may not be. Simply trying to do what's best for their environment.

As for the question, I believe if dragons and sphinxes and other such charming things, we'd be in a hybrid sort of spliced World of Warcraft, Dragonriders of Pern, and our world. For with dragons must come magic, as with most mythological things, so there would be some gifted in that field, and some who are not. With the later updates to WoW there are more technological things floating around, and I think if we had creatures such as these swimming about, we could definitely have more things to do! I think my favorite part of the Dragonrider's trilogy was the little arm length dragons that were quite fond of taking owners. Tiny little golden queens and fiery bronzes.. Oh it was adorable. I feel like the dragon color might rank you if the queens swung to powerful women and the bronzes went to powerful men. Of course, if a white dragon was born.. Ah that'd be lovely. There are so many possibilities that could happen with dragons and so many things that could happen in general with other creatures that would be more willing to pop up and show themselves to humans.

Alexander J Luthor
\ (•◡•) /

Old 12-15-2013, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral View Post
Ah, I've finally updated the question, I was ill last night and just kind of slept for thirteen hours or so. Nothing unusual I suppose. But, the new question is up, as is the creature of the week! Fairies: Are they good, or are they evil? For those who watched Labyrinth they might say pesky, for those who watch almost anything else that could be good. I believe it would depend on who they listen to. If they are good they'll try to help people, but if they are nature loving, they'll help wherever they live, which may mean trying to get rid of us pesky humans. So we may think they're bad, but they may not be. Simply trying to do what's best for their environment.

As for the question, I believe if dragons and sphinxes and other such charming things, we'd be in a hybrid sort of spliced World of Warcraft, Dragonriders of Pern, and our world. For with dragons must come magic, as with most mythological things, so there would be some gifted in that field, and some who are not. With the later updates to WoW there are more technological things floating around, and I think if we had creatures such as these swimming about, we could definitely have more things to do! I think my favorite part of the Dragonrider's trilogy was the little arm length dragons that were quite fond of taking owners. Tiny little golden queens and fiery bronzes.. Oh it was adorable. I feel like the dragon color might rank you if the queens swung to powerful women and the bronzes went to powerful men. Of course, if a white dragon was born.. Ah that'd be lovely. There are so many possibilities that could happen with dragons and so many things that could happen in general with other creatures that would be more willing to pop up and show themselves to humans.
1. Damn you. Now I need to listen to the sound track on youtube until I hate myself... Op, never mind, just found a full version of Up on Poppy Hill. Been meaning to watch this since I found out about it.

2. You're my new favorite for knowing about pern, I think I'd want a little blue, myself. A blue and a green, then I could have my own clutches. Baby firelizards everywhere! Though the white dragon was actually a weak mutation. Ruth would have died if Jaxom didn't cut the shell open for it.

3. The modern world with mythical creatures would be like Avatar: Legend of Korra, with creatures and such instead of benders, though I supposed wizardry would replace bending.

Admiral
Chancellor

Old 12-15-2013, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander J Luthor View Post
1. Damn you. Now I need to listen to the sound track on youtube until I hate myself... Op, never mind, just found a full version of Up on Poppy Hill. Been meaning to watch this since I found out about it.

2. You're my new favorite for knowing about pern, I think I'd want a little blue, myself. A blue and a green, then I could have my own clutches. Baby firelizards everywhere! Though the white dragon was actually a weak mutation. Ruth would have died if Jaxom didn't cut the shell open for it.

3. The modern world with mythical creatures would be like Avatar: Legend of Korra, with creatures and such instead of benders, though I supposed wizardry would replace bending.
Bahaha, quoting number game.

1- Ah, it's such a good soundtrack though, everyone should listen to it until they hate themselves! Here, I'll start us all off. "You remind me of the babe."

2. I read Pern a lot when I was in school. It was the only trilogy-in-one book I ever enjoyed because it was a world I had wanted to live in. And although the white dragon was a weak mutation, it was still my favorite because it was so pretty and unique. And I tend to favor runts. n_n; I think a clutch would be too many, but a dragon for each shoulder/arm, that'd be nice.

3. Ooh, I've never seen Avatar. So I have no idea what you're talking about. ;; But I imagine it'd still be fun and interesting to live with.

SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 12-15-2013, 08:43 AM

"What babe?"
"Babe with the power"
"What power?"
"Power of voodoo"
"Who do?"
"Do what?"
"Remind me of the babe"

They used to call me the goblin queen in school XD

Admiral
Chancellor

Old 12-15-2013, 04:28 PM

I was always Jareth or the goblin king. I wasn't the sort of girl who wanted flimsy female titles, I waas King, Overlord, Master, Sir, Prince. Unless I was in a girly mood and wanted to be a princess.

Speaking of the princess, how do you think they came up with the title? Did some judge go "It's a prince-...ehhhsssss?" And it stuck?

SuperZombiePotatoe
Spudd

Penpal

Old 12-15-2013, 05:05 PM

Yeah, goblin queen was my only royal title, heh. Mainly 'cause one of my nicknames was goblin and I'm a Bowie fan I had tons of nicknames...
But, yeah I was always girly... with of darkness added. My favourite colours are pink and purple with a dash of black XD

Hmmm, maybe the same way they got hostess, goddess, mistress, but it would be interesting know how those got picked up aswell.

Oh yeah, I love fairies
I think they're good and bad, 'cause don't they have 2 courts? The Seelie court and the Unseelie court. I think their society is just like ours actually.