Lance
⊙ω⊙
NPC

Old 02-10-2013, 06:04 PM

Banner by Seito

Last edited by Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa; 02-25-2013 at 02:24 AM..

Lance
⊙ω⊙
NPC

Old 02-10-2013, 06:04 PM

Not sure how the event works? Read on, and hopefully your questions will be answered. If they aren't, please feel free to ask new questions below.

To make things easier on people who come to this thread looking for help, please try to keep off-topic chat to a minimum. Thank you, and enjoy the event! *tips hat*

Last edited by BellyButton; 02-12-2013 at 05:21 PM..

Lance
⊙ω⊙
NPC

Old 02-10-2013, 09:23 PM

Frequently Asked Questions

• When will the event end?

The event will last about 8 days. We're aiming to end the event on the evening of February 23, PST. (We'll provide more specifics as the ending time draws near.)

• How do I participate in the event?

The staff have prepared many wonderful contests and games for you, which can be found stickied at the top of the Event Forum. Links to each contest are also provided in the next post.

• How do I earn event currency?

You will earn some event currency for each post that you make in the forums during the event.

Additionally, you could get some by playing the game of chance every 15 minutes! But it is a game of chance; so you might win big, or you might lose it all!

Chance Game Info:
    • Aces are LOW - don't be caught off guard!
    • Up to 10 pairs of cards to play every 15 minutes, if you guess correctly.
    • Cash out and collect your winnings, or risk losing it all by guessing wrong next round...your choice!
    • You can buy additional plays with your event currency, feeling brave?

• What is event currency for?

It's there for you to be able to gain Event Items (EIs), which are our event rares.

If you participate enough and earn a lot of event currency, you could get some free commons too!

• Are there event commons?

Yes! Just head down to the Special Event Store. For previews of these items, check here.

Please note: Event commons will be available after the event ends. However, they will be moved out into the main stores and will retail for double their event price.

• Are there event rares? How do I earn them?

Yes! You'll be able to find them in the Special Event Store as they are released. They'll be on the back page.

You can either buy them with gold or with event currency, the choice will be yours. However, you won't be able to use gold and event currency to partly pay for the same item.

For EI previews, check out this post.

Please note: After the event, the rares will be removed from the shops and discontinued.

• How much will a complete Event Items (rares) set cost?

[TBA]

• Why is the Sellback Store closed?

The Sellback Store is closed during events, to prevent people from selling back event items for a large gold gain.

• I don't have enough time to participate so I can't get the EIs that I want! - that's not fair!

We're sorry you feel that way! We did our best to figure out a way to distribute the rare items fairly, and this was the best option available.

Last edited by BellyButton; 02-13-2013 at 10:44 PM..

Lance
⊙ω⊙
NPC

Old 02-10-2013, 09:23 PM

Staff Contests, Games & Hangout Threads

• Seito's Whistlestop Island Tours (Hangout) -- JUMP TO THREAD
    Take the worry and hassle out of planning your vacation with Seito's Whistlestop Island Tours. Relax and enjoy the amenities of the cruise ship & join us as we disembark for guided tours of the island. There will be sights to see and plenty to do ~ we might even play a game or two!

• Treats for the Sweet (& Sour) (RL Food Contest) -- JUMP TO THREAD
    Ah, Valentine's Day! The time for love and chocolate and other cavity inducing activities. For this contest, just have some fun in the kitchen!

• Be Mine, Mene (RL and Digital Crafts/Art) -- JUMP TO THREAD
    Does your heart belong to Menewsha, a staff member, or an NPC? Send them a valentine to show your love!

• Knerd's Words (Word Games) -- JUMP TO THREAD
    Test your intellect with a new Word Puzzle every day! Logical thinking is the loveliest kind, after all.

• "A Couple of LOVEly Avatar Contests" (Avatar Contest) -- JUMP TO THREAD
    Are you longing to make a Valentine's day colored avatar? Have you an idea for a jilted lover avatar? Well, this my friends is the place for you!

• A Perfect Picture (Reverse Caption Contest) -- JUMP TO THREAD
    With daily quotes on Valentine themes such as chocolate, longing, love and other gooey stuff, your task is to put your Googley eyes in and search the internet for an image to match the caption. You can win gold if your picture is deemed most humorous, darkest, or sweetest of the bunch.

• Hearts Aflutter (Heart Catching Game) -- JUMP TO THREAD
    Here's your chance to explore the island! A load of flying chocolate hearts have escaped so it's your job to go and catch them. Or try!

Last edited by Cherry Who?; 02-14-2013 at 09:24 PM..

Lance
⊙ω⊙
NPC

Old 02-11-2013, 05:10 PM

Event Item Previews

Packed with style (25 Tokens)

Last edited by Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa; 02-18-2013 at 12:57 AM..

Lance
⊙ω⊙
NPC

Old 02-11-2013, 05:10 PM

Previews of the New Commons

Including work by our lovely & talented new pixelites Demoscout & Maria-Minamino

Last edited by BellyButton; 02-15-2013 at 04:21 AM..

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal
Send a message via MSN to Ascadellia Send a message via Yahoo to Ascadellia

Old 02-15-2013, 02:19 AM

Is it safe to post here? >.>

Iro
Lurker

Event Coordinator
Send a message via AIM to Iro

Old 02-15-2013, 03:10 AM

If you have any questions or comments about the event, yes.

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal

Old 02-15-2013, 03:13 AM

Good. :D Well, I have one.

Is internet explorer incompatible with the chance game? Because it won't let me play it on my mulie. v.v

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 02-15-2013, 05:24 AM

So are all of the event commons out now? Or are there still some to be added?

Just checking now before I start making a list of expenses. :P I know that sometimes it takes a little bit of time to get them all in, since everyone is so busy trying to get things done (totally understandable).

Thank you :)

diaveborn
*^_^*

Old 02-15-2013, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascadellia View Post
Is internet explorer incompatible with the chance game? Because it won't let me play it on my mulie. v.v
It was last time I saw the card game. The only solution I saw mentioned was to switch browsers. I've also asked here as it's not been confined to this one event so there might be answers there at some point.

Ascadellia
(╯°□°)╯...
Penpal

Old 02-15-2013, 07:27 AM

Hmm. Alright then. XD Thank you. <3

Pa-pancake
\(@O@)ʌ...
Send a message via MSN to Pa-pancake

Old 02-15-2013, 08:47 AM

Pan is absolutely thrilled the event has started! The commons... especially those spring dresses are to die for! :)

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-15-2013, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascadellia View Post
Good. :D Well, I have one.

I have spoken to Yan about this, but I don't think he's had time to get it looked into properly. That's a polite way of saying he said just use a different browser. I did explain that for a very small amount of people IE is their only option, but because it's so few people who have the problem, it's not on top of anyone's list of priorities for getting fixed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suona View Post
So are all of the event commons out now? Or are there still some to be added?

Just checking now before I start making a list of expenses. :P I know that sometimes it takes a little bit of time to get them all in, since everyone is so busy trying to get things done (totally understandable).

Thank you :)
No they're not all in the store yet :)

RoadToGallifrey
When life gives you melons, make...
Penpal

Old 02-15-2013, 12:54 PM

I use IE on my mule too, but I don't really let her out during events (or at any other point in time)

I love the new commons! :')

Izumi
イズミ
Penpal

Old 02-15-2013, 03:58 PM

Oh wow there's MORE? I'm excited to see what else is to be added. The event commons are fabulous! I can't wait to see the rares.

Please pat our new pixelists on the back for doing such a fantastic job. :)

diaveborn
*^_^*

Old 02-16-2013, 04:50 AM

For the card game, is it possible to lose the event currency that was earned making posts?

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 02-16-2013, 05:08 AM

Not unless you paid to play.

Sora
*^_^*

Old 02-16-2013, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diaveborn View Post
For the card game, is it possible to lose the event currency that was earned making posts?
No, what you make through posting, you keep. You can only "lose" them if you use 5 event currencies as payment to play another game sooner than the 15 minute wait.

diaveborn
*^_^*

Old 02-16-2013, 05:18 AM

:) Thanks!

Corlatta DeNaught
Bound Birdie's Mule

Old 02-16-2013, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellysundae View Post

Oh if that's not all the commons may I ask if there are any silver versions of the commons?
I know I'm in the minority but I really hate gold and most of the time you guys will have the same thing in silver to accommodate picky people like me

I mean I love the formal dresses and was just going to try to find a way to layer out the gold, but if there's going to be a silver option I will happily wait.

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 02-16-2013, 05:01 PM

Corlatta DeNaught: there are no more versions of what's already in the shops, no And we'd not have items that are the same other than one very small bit like that, sorry

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 02-16-2013, 05:33 PM

is there gonna be a CI today ' hopefull look'

Suona
¿ʇəʎ ʇɹ...

Old 02-16-2013, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellysundae View Post
Alright. Thank you for letting me know. :)
I look forward to seeing what other goodies you guys have in store for us.

fireprincess
A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Mak...

Penpal

Old 02-16-2013, 09:43 PM

Anyone know when this month's second CI and the event's first EI will be out? I can wait to see what you all came up with!!