Dustywebs
Greetings Traveler!

Old 11-10-2013, 01:27 AM

Anyone else love this book series?

I was absolutely addicted to the first and second book.

If you loved it as much as I did, what was your favorite part of the book?

For me, in 'The Name of the Wind'

SPOILERX

There are so many great parts, but I first new I loved the book was when he was getting attacked in the alley at the university. I feel like that was the first time he saw what power he was capable of.

Then for the 'A Wise Man's Fear' -

SPOILERX

Was of course the first time he controlled the name of the wind. I really didn't like the sex scene in the book. I thought that wasn't needed and didn't really fit the book, but I guess it has to show how Kvothe becomes a man. At least he got a cool cloak out of it.

Patrick Rothfuss quickly became my favorite author because of this book series. I was very thankful to the friend that suggested this book to me. If anyone is viewing this thread and hasn't checked these books out. I would highly recommend them. The books can be a little dark at times, but you will grow to truly care about the characters.

I cannot wait for Doors of Stone!

Sun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to Sun

Old 12-24-2013, 08:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustywebs View Post

Patrick Rothfuss quickly became my favorite author because of this book series. I was very thankful to the friend that suggested this book to me. If anyone is viewing this thread and hasn't checked these books out. I would highly recommend them. The books can be a little dark at times, but you will grow to truly care about the characters.

I cannot wait for Doors of Stone!
SAME! I couldn't quite believe that nobody has made this thread yet, or that nobody else had posted!

I LOVE these. It's not often i'm bowled over by somebodies writing so much that i want to actually run about raving and shouting at people to read something, but these were just such books.

I don't know as i could actually pick a favourite part of either of them, but one thing that annoyed me quite a lot was the fact that Kvothe totally failed to pick up on the fact that

SPOILERX

he didn't make the connection between the fancy lady he met and wooed for the Maer, the Edema Ruh, and his mother really annoyed me. For a clever kid he really missed some big hints there. I hope that turns out to be an actual confirmed thing in the third book.

I agree with you about the sex scenes too. I wish Rothfuss had thought of a more interesting way for Kvothe to 'become a man'...The just didn't really belong, even though the quality of writing didn't wane IMO i still thought it was all a tad forced.

I've been debating reading them again, and now i think i'm going to have to!

Last edited by Sun; 12-24-2013 at 08:16 AM..

Dustywebs
Greetings Traveler!

Old 12-24-2013, 02:09 PM

!!! I was getting pretty bummed when no one replied after a few months. I didn't think anyone would ever reply. I am glad there is at least one other person!

So I must have completed missed -

SPOILERX

After a little bit of googling, I must have missed the connection as well on my first time around. That actually seems highly likely that she is his aunt. I think Patrick will bring everything full circle. Only time will tell though!

What I want to happen after the 3rd book is over. Is to have another series after this of Kote going on an adventure. Bast and him traveling together after we learn all about Kvothe's younger days. I think that would go for a very interesting story!

I will probably reread them when it gets closer to the 3rd book, that way everything is fresh in my mind. There still isn't a release date for it is there?

Sun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to Sun

Old 12-25-2013, 08:58 AM

Hahha i'm usually really slow and unobservant when it comes to things like that so i got a tad over excited when i made the connection at first, as i was actually reading along.

No, i haven't heard anything about a release date either...Did you hear about the proposed TV series adaptation? I'm not sure if it's actually going to happen, but my instant thought at the time was; 'If they mess this up...!!!' I have to admit though, when i got the first book i assumed it would be a long running series because the story didn't go very far really, for such a large book and i was really surprised to find out it was only meant to be a trilogy. I think it'll be a squeeze to fit everything in there!

Dustywebs
Greetings Traveler!

Old 12-28-2013, 03:13 PM

O a TV series.... Hmmmmm... That could be alright.... maybe...

Not sure if you have seen the show Arrow, but basically as the story progresses, it kind of gives flash backs to the older days. So that could kind of work. I dunno, it would have to be an amazing director and I don't want to risk them ruining my favorite book.

I feel like Game of Thrones did a good job being adapted from the book. I think the TV show route is much better than a movie route. The movie would end up being terrible....