MercyGrim96
It's tea time!

Old 08-08-2014, 05:12 PM

I'm finishing a bunch of my favourite series right now and I'm in that market for some new ones. Does anyone have any suggestions? I'm open to any type of fiction book, my favourite genres being fantasy and dystopian, also crime.

(i have already read or am in the process if reading most of the good series that I know about like Mortal Instruments and I am number four, and the virals, if you know any good series similar to those that would be nice)

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 08-10-2014, 11:14 PM

If you like the Mortal Instruments, have you read The Infernal Devices? It's another Shadowhunter series (a trilogy, really), by the same author.
I'd also suggest Holly Black's Trilogy Tithe, Valiant and Ironside. It's about modern faeries.
Another good fantasy series is Garth Nix's Abhorsen series, about a necromancer.

MercyGrim96
It's tea time!

Old 08-11-2014, 11:41 PM

thanks for the choices, I have read the infernal devices, and am looking forward to the graphic novels that are coming out soon, I also read the Holly Black books, but I haven't read the other one you mentioned so I'll defiantly check that out!

Bearzy
dusting off the cobwebs

Penpal

Old 08-13-2014, 10:05 AM

I figured you would probably have read Holly Black if you were familiar with Cassandra Clare, but I'm always happy to recommend her anyway.