MagnusXL
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to MagnusXL

Old 03-11-2007, 12:55 PM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
!!!OVERDRIVE!!!

<insert flashy banner here>

Welcome, mortals, to project OVERDRIVE! This is me. Getting off my ass for once to make an art request thread using all the e-wealth I've generated over the years. Most of the characters in this thread are / will be my own OCs, but there will be a few of my brothers' stuff tossed in there, too. They don't have the fundage to get their own art. And I'm just that awesome.

Maybe later I'll pretty this place up, but for now you can all make do with this current layout. Because I'm lazy and it took long enough to put this place together. <3

Sorry... I know I forgot a Table of Contents. I'll toss one up later.

Updates and History:
April 14th, 2007 - "Sapphire" Lynn Sharmond was added to the character roster.

*For the hell of it, here's my MagiMechTech MegaMechaMech.

MagnusXL
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-11-2007, 01:09 PM

Silver Moonblade

This is easily my longest run character. I literally made him up as I went along at Leviathan Stadium, which served as a problem later down the road with plot holes and other weird crap. Heheh. I was a little sad when I semi-retired him, but it's no matter! I'll still use him for events and stuff.

Head:
His eyes are emerald green, and they practically glow in the moonlight. Though he looks to be about sixteen, he has a look of wisdom far beyond his years. He has a tendancy to grin during combat, showing that although he never under takes his opponents for granted, he tends to be a little arrogant. His long, Silver hair reaches about half way down his back (and he does NOT wear a headband).

Silver is a little short, being 5'6"

Clothes
He sports a fairly complex crimson Kimono with a black trim. On the shoulders there were black "pouldrens" on the shoulders, but these are meerly seamless patches. It is slightly open to reveal a Black Brestplate underneath, which is engraved with an elegant Silver Dragon. He wore wooden shoes on his feet (though not those square cloggs).

Around his left wrist (though he's right handed), was a silver band with the runes of the Ryugin. It may or may not be seen, depending on the shot and if its completely covered up by the kimono or not.

Around his waist is a Black Obi. Not much more to say about that.

Around his neck was his family Heirloom; the Moonblade Pendant. It looked like perfect miniture replica of an elegant, hanging on a thin Silver chain. Reference.

Dragoonair, one of Silver's old weapon:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximos
::And as Silver pulled back his arm he would feel the object that was resting in his hand, it felt like a pipe, but by now Silver had to know what it was. If he slid it free from the machine he would see a long silver pole with a very luxuriously body. There were many tiny and intricate details across the blade. The main staff was covered in tiny engravings which seemed to mimic the look of dragon scales, except for at a few key locations where it seemed smooth, seemingly these were the places where a hand was to grip the weapon. The scaley worked its way all the way to the top where two wings were engraved into the pole along its sides and lead up to the mouth. Yes, the form of a dragons mighty head roaring upwards with two stark red gems for eyes sat at the top of the blade and from its open mouth came a long, leaf style blade, that was interestingly carved to look a bit like a long flame. It was purely artistic though, it didnt cut or alter its function.

The weapon itself was about 6ft long and very shiny, but surprisingly cool considering it had just been forged. Strangely though, directly at its midsection was a slit in the metal. It looked like this was where two pieces had met, but there was no weakness in the pole at this point. Infact as a whole the weapon was not only very hard, but it was very light. One might even think that it was made from alluminum, but one would be sadly mistaken. Added to the lightness was its balance, and it was perfectly balanced. If Silver held tried to lay the spear, centered, across the back of his hand, it would lay perfectly still.

At the bottom of the spear was a strange red gem. It was red like the eyes of the drake, a sharp blood red. And yet something about it just seemed...different. Perhaps it was the way in which light danced along it, perhaps it was just nice to look it. There was no way to know right now.::
Click on a thumbnail to view the full image.

MagnusXL
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-11-2007, 01:09 PM

Dark Moonblade

Besides this awesome sprite that was done and shitty sketch I did, Dark Moonblade has never been drawn before. Most of the references from the last post can be carried over here, with some exceptions. His hair is much shorter, do to the fact that it was actually BURNiNATED off. His now torn kimono and clothes have been stained completely purple.

He also looks like more of a prick.

And he has a new weapon: Dreadnaught. This wicked blade comming off the side of that thing not only looks cool, it's deadly. Respect the sprite reference!

MagnusXL
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-11-2007, 01:10 PM

Ryuma Tamasei

One of my oldest, and newest characters. There have been MANY incarnations of Ryuma, that headshot re-used from a game I created a while back. This latest incarnation is one I'm using on the site via request by a friend. Actually, this one I'm kinda fleshing out as I go along. All my better characters seem to turn out better this way.

Description:
Under normal conditions, Ryuma looks like an average young adult with short, brown hair. The only unusual trait would be his vibrant, orange eyes. Under times of great stress his ears take on a more elven look, straigtening out and becoming more pointed.

Ryuma has no set outfit, seeing that unlike most RP characters he has more than one change of cloths. I will, however, post the outfits he's worn in the past. You can put him in any clothing, so long as you don't make him look ghey/transexual.

Outfit 1:
Under his black cloak he wore red dragon scalemail, boots, gloves, and tunic/pants. Except for the tunic and pants, everything on that list is scaled. Possible Reference.

Outfit 2:
Anything with dragons on it? ((More to come later))

MagnusXL
⊙ω⊙

"Sapphire" Lynn Sharmond

Heheh. Lynn's my first Female OC. Horray! Now that I have some shiney art done of her, I thought it might be the time to add her to the character roster. The format for this form may be slightly different, but oh well.

Description: She's tall for a half-elf, being 5'6". She has purplish-red eyes and long, elf-like ears. Her long, blond hair is always put back in a ponytail. Besides a green headband, golden hoop earings, and emerald studded braclets Lynn doesn't dress in anything too extravagent. During the summer he's usually found in a variety of skirts, short ridding boots, and a short coat. During the winter she wears boots, a longer coat, and pants/long skirt. Not too much detail because she has multiple changes of clothes. She DOES have riding gloves, but she rarely uses the.
Weapon(s): Light Crossbow. Two knives in the boots. She also technically has a falcion, but barely uses it because it's rusted and old.
Personality: Lynn's a bit of a tomboy. Well, a lot of a tomboy. Though she may not have a ton of ambition, she has an incredible work ethic and can't stand frivilous folk. She can be pleasant to be around, but has a surprisingly short fuse. Lynn has an incredible fondness for animals, often prefering their company over other people.

MagnusXL
⊙ω⊙

Kilos

We're now getting into my friend's and brothers' characters. Because of this, the descriptions will be a bit longer and more taxing to read. I don't like chopping up or rewritting other people's stuff. That and because I'm lazy. This is my Bro's IC Ki-rin dude.

PS. He's totally color blind. You can dress him up stupid all you want.

Description:
Kilos is slender, which gives the impression that he is weak. He has a very light skin color and fair complexion. His jaw is very well defined and his chin is somewhat prominent. He has short, unruly, spiky blood red hair with silver highlights. His eyes are almond shaped and dull colored. They are a mixture of green and blue, and look very close to the color of sea water and have vivid green rings midway through the irises. He usually wears a somewhat happy and pleasant expression, though almost always if you look close enough, his eyes reflect just a bit of anger. His most prominent features are the foot and a half foot long spiral horn that is in the middle of his forehead and his lion like tail.

Lance of the Divine: The lance looks like a eight-foot long silver spiral with a layer of crystallized silver blood on it. Being made from his own horn and blood, this lance is extremely effective against demons and the undead. Sharp from a forth the way up, this weapon can also act as a sword when needed.

MagnusXL
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-11-2007, 02:15 PM

Lord Karoshi
This is another one of my bro's ICs. Never drawn, since he was rarely used. That's because Silver Moonblade killed him. XD

Description:
Hiding under a black cloak most of the time, it is hard to tell his features. However, while fighting a particularly powerful opponent, he likes to reveal his true nature. The first thing one would notice is the "Chest Plate". In actuality, it is what looks like to be the front underside of a black spider, with six appendages bursting out of it‘s back, including a mouth and eyes. Something most people don’t realize at first is that he has a very flexible lower jaw. It consist of two halves that are not rigidly attached, and has numerous joints in his skull, allowing him to open his mouths wide enough to swallow entire body parts.

Having thick, spiky green hair and deep red eyes, he is a fearsome site indeed. Though his eyes are rarely seen, as thick shades protect his sensitive eyes from sunlight. He has a dark complexion, and is usually mistaken for a drider (though anyone who knows of Driders know this is a foolish mistake). He wears a worn, tanish gi and pitch-black pants. He has weighed black leather boots, stained reddish from blood.

Despite being 7'2", he feels the need to carry around several weapons. At all times he had a 500 pound Sledge Hammer with a solid steel shaft, a grip made of etched ebony and a steel head, and twenty Hunting Knives (Ballock Knifes)

MagnusXL
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-11-2007, 02:16 PM

Vernight Silverwing
An OC never put into action. I think he's kinda cool, so I'm putting him up anyways.

Description:
He is 6’2” and weights 100lbs (due to hollow bones). He has gold colored eyes and hair. Vernight has natural wings on his back, which span 22 feet from tip to tip. All areas of the wings resemble the underside of a laughing gull’s wing, which are primarily white, graying ¾ down, and ending with black tips. He is usually seen wearing white slacks, white shin guards, a light blue dress shirt, and white fingerless gloves.

Mermaid‘s Tear: (The shaft is 6’6” and the blade 1‘) The naginata has veins of black metal that shoots through the wooden shaft. In the center of the blade, a small magical-endowing sapphire is embedded. It has a glass blade.

MagnusXL
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-11-2007, 02:17 PM

Reserved

MagnusXL
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-11-2007, 02:30 PM

To the Artists:
The whole point of this thread is to get art, obviously! While freebies would be nice and are always greatly appreciated, so is well commissioned art! There's no real "Order Form" for this, rather you can just post your offers in any format you want.

Before anyone even asks, ARTISTS HAVE FULL ARTISTIC CREATIVITY!!!1!1!1!! I added the ones for emphasis.

Forms of Payment I'll dish out:
Menewsha Gold: That's probably all I'll use this gold for, anyways.
Gaian Gold: What's left of it, anyways. Still have a sizable fortune.
Items: From either site (mainly Gaiaonline). Just ask and I might chuck it your way.
Art Trades: Why you would is beyond me. Just putting it out there.
PayPal: I'm very picky about it... show GOOD samples! I'm usually broke, though.

Contact Information:
I dunno how often I'll be on here. If I don't check this thread after a few days (which I shouldn't be THAT bad about), PM me. If you want to reach me faster, try these other mediums.

Email (fastest): [email protected]
MSN Messenger (also fast): [email protected]
Yahoo Messenger (never on): vorpal_hedgehog
DeviantArt (Random): MagnusXL
Gaia Online (usually fast): MagnusXL (formally Silver Moonblade)
Yahoo Mail (ha! Like I'll ever check that): [email protected]
Phone: If it's about money or you want to talk to me personally for some reason, PM me.

MagnusXL
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-11-2007, 02:38 PM

*finally opens the thread*

*and steals this post as a possible reserve spot*

iPod
*^_^*

Old 03-11-2007, 03:25 PM

Good art! Gorgeus
Good Luck !

MagnusXL
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-11-2007, 03:26 PM

Heheh. Thanks, mang.

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via MSN to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via Yahoo to Jitsumi1221

Old 03-11-2007, 07:52 PM

lol looky looky who decided to make a thread as well *pounce*

Drache-Lehre
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to Drache-Lehre Send a message via MSN to Drache-Lehre Send a message via Yahoo to Drache-Lehre

Old 03-11-2007, 11:09 PM

o.O Wow, never would of thought you'd come here but then I knew once Ji-chan told me. XD Welcome over and good luck with your quest. =P

MagnusXL
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-12-2007, 04:26 AM

Thanks to both of you. <3

You all know it's totally because of Jitsumi I came here.

So when I drive you nuts, it's all her fault!

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via MSN to Jitsumi1221 Send a message via Yahoo to Jitsumi1221

Old 03-12-2007, 04:53 AM

*snickers* ah, only time will tell ne? in which case you start driving us nuts and aiel goes berserk on you and reduces you to peat moss ^o^

MagnusXL
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-12-2007, 05:37 AM

Heheh. Looking forward to it.

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-12-2007, 05:42 AM

urrrrggghhhh im so OLD.. im sleepy at 1am *claws her way around the thread seeking an anti-sleep...something* gahhhhh

MagnusXL
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-12-2007, 05:45 AM

Coffee. Drink lots and lots of coffee.

Or play an RPG.

Works for me. XD

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-12-2007, 05:52 AM

mmm dont have any coffee in this apartment.. and technically i think i could RP, but im waiting for Dl to post before i do anything more, and then in the other RP the girl im "traveling" with is asleep now? so nothing i can really do *wiggles around* maybe thats enough for now though.. *mumbles* i inked a piccy for DL, i guess i'll color the bas colors a bit before i go to bed for the night. I ache like no other at the moment >.<;;

MagnusXL
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-12-2007, 05:56 AM

Go bother your contacts on MSN!

You still have Magnus. You ALL still have Magnus! :x

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-12-2007, 06:00 AM

hahaha yeah i COULD bother you on MSN, but its so much more fun to poke you on here.

rawr i have the most incredible urge to try and draw a pictures of Cypress holding his dirk to Ryu's throat and Ryu glaring at him *squee*

MagnusXL
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-12-2007, 06:04 AM

Heheheh. I'll bet.

Heheh. A drawing with 2 characters that badass in it might cause the fabric of reality to unravel and the universe to implode!!

Jitsumi1221
(◎_◎;)

Old 03-12-2007, 06:15 AM

hahaha maybe but still you are "just a boy" in the eyes of Cypress. I was telling Dl about how we were chatting on Msn and laughing while we were posting and deciding how to react and she just laughed. nyhahaha fun stuff fun stuff. and it appears my RP partner on the other RP im in is actually awake and in the RP forum as we speak! so maybe before i hit the hay i'll be able to post at least once more *squee*

ewww and you know i found that stupid arm brace only to find out that i outgrew it two years ago.. stupid thing was cutting off circulation to my arm and my hand was turning purple. guess i'll just have to try not wiggle too much while i sleep tonight?

mmmm tomorrow i WILL finish too more drawing and get more thing out of the way so i dont feel bad about not posting on gaia so often ^^;; hum and maybe in a few months i will be able to host another mini art contest for another one of my OC's. though im not sure who i want to do it of. maybe Cypress? *thinks* or verdi.. cause verdi has the absolute least amount of art of all my main 4 OC's. *shrugs* people just dont like drawing his antlers *mumbles* which is my absolute favorite part.