flamethrower1391
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via Yahoo to flamethrower1391

Old 03-06-2011, 02:32 AM

Everyone is invited, and I mean everyone. Whether you are vampire, lycan, warlock, human, or anything
else, you are more than welcome to dress up and come enjoy yourself. But I must warn you, I do not tolerate the killings

of humans or others at my ball.

Sir Michael Wellington III

The Curse (1634):
Sir Michael Wellington III was an arrogant bastard. He looked out only for himself and no one else. After his father's funeral, an elderly man that seemed of mud and death knocked on the door. The guards their bows and swords at the man until the new king shooed them off, but the guards still held their ground.

The man was felt generous toward the king. The boy had just saved his life. He bowed toward the king before speaking. "Thank you for saving my life, sir, but I have a propotion for you."

The king was intrigued. What could such a homeless make give him? But he listened anyways.

"I will give you all the riches in the word if you give me your wife."

The king laughed at the man. It was obvious that he didn't have any riches, and he looked to weak to steal off of all the kings and queens in the lands beyond his own. "I am sorry, but I have to decline. You do not have any riches, and I will not allow you to take my wife. Now if you asked for my first born, I would not have minded, since my wife can bore more children."

The man was appalled by this. With a hand raised in the air, and all of the guards advancing on him, he cursed the king and his children. "Any child born to you will be a monster excluding your first child. The curse will not be broken until everyone of your children are accepted someone as their mate and is accepted in return."

From that day forth, every child was born a different monster: vampire, lycan, necromancer, fairy, everything. Only the first stayed human, but was immortal like the others.

Masquerade Ball (Present):
Sir Michael Wellington III set up the ball in hopes that his many children would find someone to spend the rest of his life with. They all hated him for the curse that was put on them because of their father's behavior toward that old man.

He invited everyone he knew or heard of from every race. He felt bad for what he did to his children, but it wasn't remorse for them. It was remorse for himself. His wife couldn't deal with seeing her children looking like monsters, so she left, but would return this night to see if her children could find there soulmates.

Everyone believes they are long descendents of the king rather than the actual family who lived during the 15th century.

Setting:
It is the night of December 31. Snow had fallen a few days ago covering everything in sight. Everyone's arriving in horse drawn carriages with four people piled into one while the showfers park their cars in a nearby parking lot at the bottom of the mountain. They will climb up the mountain and cross the bridge to the Wellington mansion.

Rules:
1. Follow all Menewsha rules.
2. No OOC fighting.
3. Romance is allowed, but has to be PG-13.
4. Please report when you are leaving the RP or can't get on for sometime, so we don't assume you went missing.
5. PM profiles as "Am I Cursed?".
6. This RP is semi-lit. That means full paragraphs with complete sentences, correct grammar and punctuation. Mistakes happen and are acceptable as long as it doesn't happen a lot.
7. If you don't follow the rules, I'll give you a warning. The third time, I kick you out.
8. To reserve a character, post on the OOC thread which one you want reserved.
9. Drama is encouraged, so there can be more than one person from the same species under guests.
10. I can add more rules later.
11. I'd like the ratio between males and females to be even.
12. Reserves only last a week so get them in fast.
13. If I'm not on in a while, my second-in-command (who will be decided at a later date) will take over until my return.

Characters Needed/Taken/Reserved:

Wellingtons

Sir Michael Wellington III: flamethrower1391

Mother: DarkAngel562415

Human: DarkAngel562415

Vampire: nimh

Lycan: Drakina

Warlock/Witch: thedarkraven

Necromancer: Syraannabelle

Fairy: Artemis12

Pixie: AzkaBelle

Sorcerer: Artemis12

Dryad: ~~LOOOOOOONGCAT~~

Merperson: KageShio

Elf: PapillonCameo

Demon: Quarter_Queen

Guests:

Human(s): PapillonCameo

Vampire(s): flamethrower1391

Lycan(s): ~~LOOOOOOONGCAT~~

Warlock(s)/Witch(es): KageShio

Necromancer(s):

Fair(y/ies): flamethrower1391

Pixie(s):

Sorcerer(s):

Dryad(s):

Merperson(s): Azkabelle, Himiko Lamprouge

El(f/ves): raesilver42

Demon(s): Mobius Nightshade, Cloaked Hatter

*Merpeople have legs for the ball. Their fins will only show if they get wet, but that doesn't mean that your charrie should get wet and cause drama. Also, fairies and pixies are human sized for the night.

Skeletons:
Username:
Name:
Sexuality:
Race:
Personality:
Bio:
Appearance:
Masquerade Outfit:

Accepted Profiles

Wellingtons

Username: flamethrower1391

Name: Sir Michael Wellington III

Sexuality: straight

Race: human

Personality: Arrogant, only does stuff that benefits him

Bio: Doesn't everyone know? He's the reason why his children are monsters feared by all. He became immortal the day the curse was put on his family.

Appearance:

Masquerade Outfit:
Same as his picture, but with this mask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkAngel562415
Username: DarkAngel562415
Name: Lady Priscilla Wellington
Sexuality: Straight
Personality: Loving and caring to her children.
Bio: Priscilla doesn't really like her husband but she stands by his side because of her children. She gave birth to them and doesn't care if they are monsters. (She hates that word)
Appearance:

Masquerade Outfit:

Username: DarkAngel562415
Name: Alexandra Wellington
Personality: Everyone says she acts like her mother but gets shy easily.
Bio: Alex is the first born of her brothers and sisters and is the only human one but is immortal.
Appearance:

Masquerade Outfit:

(minus the gold part wrapping around the dress.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimh
Username: nimh
Name: Sayne Olivia Wellington
Sexuality: bisexual
Race: vampire
Personality: flirty, sarcastic, wild
Bio: Sayne isn't all that bothered by her vampiric status but it's a lonely existance, she's decided to attend the ball in hopes of finding a partner.
Appearance:

Masquerade Outfit:
dress mask
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakina
Username: Drakina
Name: Marjorie Lynn Wellington
Age: Doesn't care to tell, but she looks in her early twenties
Sexuality: no preference
Race: Lycan (snow leopard)
Personality: She's a tomboy, being much more comfortable in pants that skirts, much to her mother's horror. She has a temper that can be hard to control at times, but she's also fiercely protective of her family and any friends she has.
Bio: She has a damaged respect for her father, who caused her to be a being that shifts every full moon, and sometimes at other times, too. She grew up not all that different, save that once-a-month thing. She would always get her dresses dirty, and be out doing very un-ladylike things. When it finally became even remotely acceptable for women to wear 'men's clothing', she jumped at it, finally feeling comfortable with what she was wearing. She's had several flings, but they all left when they found out what she was.
Appearance: She's on the shorter end of average, standing about 5'5" at full height. Gold eyes stare out of a tanned face, with a strong, but rounded, jawline leading up to pale ash brown hair that hangs to the bottom of her shoulder blades. She has a slightly thicker build, for the muscle laying underneath her skin, and a smallish chest, with wider hips.
Masquerade Outfit:
<-- not my work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syraannabelle
Username:Syraannabelle
Name: Codette
Sexuality: bi-sexual
Race: necromancer
Personality: Flirtatious, but deadly. She's smart and smart-mouthed.
Bio: At a young age, Codette fell in love with the dark arts. The mystery, the magic. It was a drug that she couldn't resist.
Appearance:
Masquerade Outfit:dress
mask
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis12
Username: Artemis12
Name: Zephyros Cai Wellington
Race: fairy
Personality: Being mischevious and a bit mean spirited he can be entirely self centered at times. He does care for his family though.
Bio: Zeph loves being a fairy and doesn't want the curse to break. He attends the ball simply because he's asked to.
Appearance:
Masquerade Outfit: same as he's wearing but with this mask
Quote:
Originally Posted by AzkaBelle
Username: AzkaBelle
Name: Urik Pendragon Wellington
Sexuality: eh, its a bit iffy ;)
Race: Pixie
Personality:
Bio: he is rather elusive in most situations, but sometimes is willing to lend a hand. If something is in it for him. Otherwise he will leave you without a backwards glance. He does not take part in most conflicts unless it is he himself that is angered. He has many powers, which mostly have to do with nature, and tickery. he is quite the illusionist and enjoys messing with guests minds. at parties he usually dresses as a female, to trick people.
Appearance:

Masquerade Outfit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis12
Username: Artemis12
Name: Nereus Llew Wellinton
Sexuality: bisexual
Race: sorcerer
Personality: He is generally carefree though when he becomes serious or angry it's best to stay out of his way.
Bio: He was never really bothered by his magical status since it was something he could hide when he wanted. Now though he is growing bored and tired of being an immortal and truely wishes to find someone to love.
Appearance:
Masquerade Outfit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~~LOOOOOOONGCAT~~
Username: Longcat
Name: Illana Wellington
Race: Dryad
Personality: Quiet and reserved around strangers, Revels in music and dance
Bio: Although one of the younger children of Michael Wellington, Illana appears to be mature and she roots if she stays still for too long.
Appearance:
Masquerade Outfit: Dress Masque
Username: KageShio
Name:
Elijah Silas Wellington (Known as “El” or “Sil” )
Age: Looks to be in late teens, one of the youngest of the Wellington children.
Sexuality: Homosexual
Race: Mer-person
Personality: Quiet and somewhat shy, has closed himself off from others for the most part. Can be naive at times, but has wisdom due to his true age. He has always clung to his mother, in a “bottom of the pack” way, striving for her love and comfort in his insecurity. On the rare occasion that he can push aside his timid tendencies, he can be quite the charmer, becoming charismatic and “quirky”. He also has an insatiable curiosity for most things.
Bio: Born with the cursed beauty of the siren, Sil has always felt he did not fit with his family, despite the fact that they themselves also all look different. He honestly does not know how he feels about the curse or the attempt of finding someone willing to accept him, but is slightly depressed about it, thinking surely no man would want him.
Appearance: Normal Mer-form
Masquerade Outfit: Mask Outfit[/COLOR][/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapillonCameo
Username: PapillonCameo
Name: Diandre Percival Eneas Wellington
Race: Elf
Personality: Reserved,he doesn't very much like meeting people outside of the family.This elf,would rather like to be mortal,but because he dislikes most everyone except his familly he's sure this is nearly impossible.
Bio: Growing up as one of the Wellington children was rather difficult for him,so Diandre buried himself in books and so is quite learned,and discovered a passion for potion making.
Appearance: - Art is not mine.
Masquerade Outfit: Same with this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarter_Queen
Username: Quarter_Queen
Name: Lanalee Wellington
Race: Demon
Personality: Is definitely not your average demon. She's always bubbly and mischevious, though it can get really bad if you anger her.
Bio: She doesn't really mind being a demon, she's just going to the ball because everyone else is. And, it's going to be the party of the century. She is definitely not going to miss that.
Appearance:
(Pretend that it's more appropriate xD)
Masquerade Outfit:
Mask:

Guests:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PapillonCameo
Name: Orelia Granville
Sexuality:straight
Race:human
Personality:She is a dreamer,full of wishes.Longs very much to find her soulmate,she's a happy thinker. Depending on the situation she can seem harsh,or very silent.Once she warms up to someone though,Orelia is a kind and happy person.
Bio: Just an average university student with two siblings,who has gone in fine arts,but has a great interest in fantasy novels.
Appearance:
Masquerade Outfit:Gown Mask

Name: Takayumi Nakamura

Race: vampire

Personality: doesn't take crap from anyone, protective

Bio: She became a vampire a few decades when she was attacked while coming home after seeing Jimmy Hendrix play.

Appearance:

Masquerade Outfit:
Outfit

Quote:
Username: Longcat
Name: Kaleb Girma
Race: Lycan; African Spotted Hyena
Personality: Kind, Noble, Thinks more for others than he does himself.
Bio: A chieftain who was afflicted while hunting with his friend, who died during the ambush. He doesn't see his lycanthropy as a curse but as a blessing to aid and right wrongs.
Appearance:
Were-form
Masquerade Outfit: Same but with mask.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KageShio
Username: KageShio
Name: Nivedus Anifacis
Sexuality: Bisexual
Race: Warlock
Personality: Intelligent, charming, agreeable and friendly, but his attitude can turn serious and bitter quickly. He is impulsive and can have a short temper as well.
Bio:Having only been a fully-fledged warlock for a few decades, he roams the lands finding interesting things to do and ways to test out his powers, sometimes in ways other warlocks frown upon. He head heard of the grand gala and chose to attend, more to see what the supernatural community was like in the area than to dance.
Appearance:Nivedus
Masquerade Outfit:Outfit Mask
Name: Kikiyo Iragashi
Race: Fairy
Personality: She's not like the steriotypical fairy. She's not bubbly and happy all the time. Actually, she's quick dark.
Bio: She grew up in a little cove in the middle of the forest. Not many people adventure into the woods that far, so she hasn't had any run ins with humans or other creatures. Her life was actually a boring one.
Appearance:

Masquerade Outfit: Outfit is as shown in pic with this mask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzkaBelle
Username: Azkabelle
Name: Xandith BlueThorn
Sexuality: eh....
Race: Merperson
Personality: outgoing, smart, bubbly, sappy, romantic, strongwilled, stubborn.
Bio: he usually spends most of his time in the sea, where he is most comfotable, but ever so often he comes onto land to attend fancy parties, most of which he ends up the center of attention. he is usually up for anything, and likes getting people involved.
Appearance:
Masquerade Outfit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himiko Lamprouge
Username: Himiko Lamprouge
Name: Charlotte Lottie
Race: Merperson

Personality: Charlotte can be sweet, but she is also the jealous type if something she wants won't pay attention to her. She can appear stuck-up at times, but once you get to know her she's much calmer, and motherly.

Bio: her mother is from the coasts of England, and her father is from Greece, because of this Charlotte grew up traveling a lot, and once she was of age she left home to travel on her own. She loves hearing stories about adventure, and romance. But Truthfully she is slightly uneasy about marriage, and therefore she tries to avoid love. That doesn't mean Charlotte hasn't had her flings from time to time in her travel, but she always leaves before anything can get to serious.

Appearance:

Masquerade Outfit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by raesilver42
Username: raesilver42
Name: Allisyn Heartsnare
Race: Elf
Personality: Light and friendly. Sociable. Guarded.
Bio: A masquerade suits her. Her whole life is a masquerade. Her past is hazy and, if anyone knew her full name, she probably wouldn't get an invitation to this ball. Allie is her nickname, from her older brother.
Appearance:
Masquerade Outfit: http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs50/f/20...0e3cb177b5.jpg
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobius Nightshade
Username: Mobius Nightshade
Name: Doesn't have one, but goes by its host's name of Augustine Weissmueller.
Age: Was about three-hundred and twenty-four years old when it stopped counting.
Sexuality: Asexual
Race: Demon
Personality: Narcissistic, pompous, arrogant, and manipulative.
Bio: A curious little masquerade mask, placed within a lost temple one day. When a wealthy aristocrat decided to try it on for fun, he quickly learned too late what power it had behind its unassuming visage. Now, the mask wears the man to the ball, not the other way around, imposing its will on the mortal world as it pleases.
Appearance: http://imagecache6.allposters.com/LR...6/M7ICD00Z.jpg
Masquerade Outfit: (In appearance)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloaked Hatter
Username: Cloaked Hatter
Name: Wyvern
Age: Looks 18, but she doesn't really know how old she is.
Sexuality: Either, doesn't matter to her.
Personality: Wyvern often seems cold, or even sadistic to those who don't know her. That is often caused by the fact that she rarely talks, and often smiles when others are hurt. Though, she is a demon, it's not really her fault. While she does enjoy watching others hurt, occasionally, never someone she cares for.
Bio:
Appearance: Wyvern
Masquerade Outfit: Dress Mask
Quote:
Username:~LONGCAT~
Name: Xikah
Sexuality: yes.
Race: Tengu/Male Harpy
Personality: A bit of a trouble maker, but will be on better behavior for the ball. Like his female counterparts he can get rather jealous but loves attention.
Bio: Xikah has done much traveling in his life, and wasn't really invited to the ball, he sort of "procured" an invitation.
Appearance: image by Zetallis (Deviantart)
Masquerade Outfit: Showed up wearing his regular clothes and this mask.
Quote:
Originally Posted by KageShio

Username:
KageShio
Name: Ti
Sexuality: Yes
Race: Dhampir (half-vampire )
Personality: Sarcasitc and dark with an odd sense of humor. Wears a different "mask" of emotion and personality depending on the situation, but if you look closely, his true colors start to shine through.
Bio: Ti was born to a wealthy, powerful, yet relatively unknown vampire lord who has recently become... incapacitated. Despite how much he despises his father and anything to do with him, Ti has taken name of head of the house temporary, and has chosen to attend the ball at his adviser's request.
Appearance: 6'5", broad shouldered and long-limbed. His almond-shaped midnight-blue eyes are set into a face that is almost feminine, though a strong jaw and the jagged scar from his left brow to right cheek breaks the illusion. His Raven black hair is dead-straight, sleek and mid-back in length, most often tied back loosely with a silk ribbon of a dark color. His lean muscles and unnaturally pale skin are literally covered in scars, most prominently a large one that covers the left half of his neck, still an angry purplish-red with jagged edges from the jawline to his collarbone. (will have pic as soon as I find a decent one....)
Masquerade Outfit: Attire Mask; the copper parts are silver, however[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever_Trapped
Username: Forever_Trapped

Name: Raven Gravewalker

Sexuality: Straight...ish

Race: Necromancer

Personality:
Dark and coy - this girl could wrap you in her darkness and keep you there as long as she please's. But once you go - you seem to be too addicted to leave and you always come back. She's confident and brave and definitely can take care of herself. Raven definitely takes charge - no matter the situation but she has a cold side to her that sends shivers down spines.

Bio:
From a long line of powerful Necromancers, Raven is definitely one of the more powerful ones. Trained well in both combat and with her powers, she is a different sort of Necromancers. Most are viewed as dark demons with no regard for human life once so ever. Raven only fits part of that equation. Being sent to the Masquerade by her parents, they thought it'd do her some good to get out and 'socialize'.

Appearance:

Masquerade Outfit:
I do these a lot lol Mask
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzura
Username: Uzura
Name: Marie-Thérèse Villejoin (Mary for short)
Race: Sorcerer

Personality: Mary is polite, courteous, though often very nervous. She can be a bit airy and is very trusting of other to borderline gullibility. She apologizes for everything. Everything. Things that have nothing to do with her, she will apologize for. She’s a bit soft spoken and has a problem with mumbling and stuttering, but when she’s comfortable enough with someone, she can be quite charismatic.

Bio: Mary is the youngest of three in her family with an older sister and brother. Both her siblings are happily married and successful in life, fully trained as sorcerers and her parents are expecting the same for her. It is common in her family to be married by the age of 18 and Mary is well aware that time is coming soon for her, though she has never been in a real relationship before. Also, Mary is behind in her studies. She is still incredibly uneasy with magic and can only perform childish tricks such as making small, intimate objects come to life. She is hoping to improve her status (and maybe meet someone) at the ball.

Appearance:

Masquerade Outfit: Dress above with:
Name: Lila Brown
Race: Witch
Personality: Outgoing, though sometimes she can be quite silent. When that happens she'd off in her own little imaginary world dreaming up adventures. She has a more mischievous side also, which is why she is disguising herself as a man to see how things will go at the ball.
Bio: From a young age she traveled with her parents to far off places to learn her craft. Even with all of this she is still quite naive and gullible. All she wants to do is find a nice little town and open up a bookstore of her own.
Appearance:
Masquerade Outfit: Dress and tux Mask for both outfits[/QUOTE]

Last edited by flamethrower1391; 04-03-2011 at 04:56 PM..

flamethrower1391
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-08-2011, 02:06 AM

Post Intros:

DarkAngel562415:
nimh:
Drakina:
thedarkraven:
Syraannabelle:
~~LOOOOOOONGCAT~~:
Quarter_Queen:
Mobius Nightshade:
Cloaked Hatter:

----------

Michael Wellington was nervous. Because of his attitude toward that woman on that fateful night, his children were doomed to live their lives as monsters. They were to remain that way until every last one has found true love and is truly loved. His planned this ball just because of that. His hopes were that each child would find that one person they were meant to spend the rest of their lives with. Everything was set up. There was music and food. Tables were set to the side where people could sit and mingle as they ate. There was a clearing to the front of the room where everyone could dance. A band sat in the corner playing classical music. "I hope this goes well," he sighed.

Takayumi was excited. This was sure to be a night to remember. She pulled up in her golden Lamborghini Gallardo. Stepping out, she threw her keys to the showfer and walked over to the first carriage. She looked up the dirt road that lead to the mansion. "This is going to be one exciting night."

Kikiyo sighed. Today, she was as tall as normal humans. It felt weird to be tall for one and not as small as a bug. "I can't wait to be back to my normal size," she sighed as she pulled up behind another. She drove forward when the showfer drove off to park the car. She climbed out of her red Ford Mustang with black racing strips that she hotwired a few hours ago.

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 03-08-2011, 02:49 AM

People were starting to move in and shuffle about, the dancing hadn't started up yet and Illana was beginning to get restless. She was tired of pacing across the dance floor and she could tell that is was beginning to bother some of her siblings. Sighing she picked a place near one of the ornately decorated pillars. She had been a wallflower for a good portion of her life so she was content to standing aside for a while until some thing changed. Time endured, and trees stood against time. Illana would last until the spell was broken, and she had tired of having to uproot herself every morning.

~~

Kaleb found the Wellingtons' estate, he had received his invitation some time ago and had been looking forward to the event. As his silver Carrera GT pulled into the expansive drive way he found a secluded area to the side to park. He did not bother with a driver that night the invitation was for one, and he didn't want to bother with finding a place for the driver to stay during the event. Getting out of the car he briskly walked the distance to the door, passing a few other cars as he made his way to the grand entrance. He curtly nodded to the foot men as he presented his invitation and walked in. The place was grander than he had imagined it could be. The softly playing music made the atmosphere seem stuffy and formal. Scanning the room he saw a few of the children of Michael Wellington, but he was looking for the host of the evening. The man was easy to find among the few guests that had arrived early, and Kaleb made his way towards him.
"Greetings, Sir Wellington, I am Kaleb Girma. Thank you for extending the invitation to such an event. I am very grateful, and by way of saying thanks I had several bottles of a rare dessert wine sent to you. Did you receive these yet?"

Q U E E N
spooky scary skeletons
Send a message via AIM to Q U E E N

Old 03-08-2011, 03:05 AM

Lanalee shifted around a bit on the antique plush red velvet chair she was currently sitting on. It wasn't like her to sit around meekly and stare while the guests arrived, she liked being the center of attention and socializing more than anything, which is said to be the exact opposite of a demon. She was "supposed" to be dark and mischevious. Well, she was mischevious. Playing with the red gems dropping from her neckalace, she started humming a soft tune as she watched a guest introduce himself as Kaleb to their father. Sighing, she brushed her long, blonde hair with her fingers and sat back in the chair, slightly more bored than she had been before. Lanalee had always loved being a demon, flying around and pranking the rest of her family, but this was a party not to be forgotten or missed, and all the important people were coming. Hopefully, there'd be someone who would catch her eye for quite a while, because her attention span was probably only a few seconds or so.

Last edited by Q U E E N; 03-08-2011 at 10:36 PM..

flamethrower1391
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-08-2011, 03:07 AM

(
Quote:
Setting:
It is the night of December 31. Snow had fallen a few days ago covering everything in sight. Everyone's arriving in horse drawn carriages with four people piled into one while the showfers park their cars in a nearby parking lot at the bottom of the mountain. They will climb up the mountain and cross the bridge to the Wellington mansion.
)

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 03-08-2011, 04:42 AM

Codette stood at the window of her bedroom. She watched as the first few guests began to enter the mansion, with curiosity and slight disdain. She picked at strand of hair to fall over her left eye, making sure she was perfect for tonight.
A darkness sizzled through her. Tonight the sky was clear and the moons glow lightened everything. It was the perfect light for necromancy, yet she had promised her father that she would attend this masquerade ball of his. Though for the life of her, she couldn't think of a single reason to keep her promise, other than curiosity.
Taking one last look in the mirror to decided that she looked suitable enough, that her mother wouldn't rush her back up the stairs to her room before the guests saw her, Codette picked up her mask and gracefully joined her family downstairs. She had prayed to the dark gods that some interesting guest would arrive. One that would talk her away from the imminent boredom she would have to face tonight,

Drakina
*crashing sound* oops... I drop...

Old 03-08-2011, 08:26 PM

Marjorie fiddled with the mask, trying to get it to sit straight without sliding off her nose. She finally got it to stay put, then checked her dress once more to make sure there was no fur on it. Standing tall, for her, she walked out of her room and down to the ball room, golden eyes noting that not many people had arrived yet. She walked over to one wall, leaning against it and waiting for someone to show up that would get her attention. Her hands played with the embroidery on one sleeve as she counted the days she had until the next full moon.

nimh
*^_^*

Old 03-09-2011, 04:51 AM

Sayne sat at the mirror of her vanity slowly pulling a brush through her darkly colored curls. Sayne sighed at her reflection and wished she had a better coloring. Pale complexion, dark hair, chocolate eyes, and lips red. She looked like Snow-freking-White. Not a look she wanted to have. Sighing Sayne Picked up her mask and fastened it into place, There that looked a little better. The bright colors of her rainbow shift and purple mask brought a small flush to her skin. It made her just a tiny bit peachy and a little less pasty. Thank the gods for coloring dyes. Slipping on her shoes Sayne went to stand at the window and look out at all the arriving guests. An interesting group. In an Elegent gesture Sayne picked up the gobblet on the windowsill and took a gentle sip of what she thought had once been a large feline. Licking her lips Sayne savored the blood and continuted to watch the arriving guests while she waited for her family to call her down to the ball.

Last edited by nimh; 03-12-2011 at 02:11 AM..

raesilver42
*^_^*

Old 03-11-2011, 06:34 PM

Why was she even bothering with this? Allie knew that this, going to ball, was a very bad idea. There was every chance that someone would recognize her, though she doubted that there would be other elves in attendance. Even if there weren't....someone might notice her eyes. They were soft chestnut brown, but she had been told before that they were distinctive. She wasn't sure if this was true or not; however, she didn't want to take any chances. If someone saw her and realized what she was....

Frowning, she looked at herself in the mirror of the hotel she was staying at. She, she had done nothing; her family had done everything awful. Well, this wasn't true. Their family name had been spoiled by one person from their ranks. If anyone heard her last name, she knew they would detain her and turn her over to the elves. So why this risk with the ball? Maybe...maybe because Allie was longing for a semblance of normalcy. She had dressed in a pretty dress that she had bought with some money that she had saved up, with a matching dress. The dress looked like a peacock in design; she loved the appearance of it and the exoticness of it.

She walked out the door and to the waiting limo. Hired just for the night, the driver was a pleasant enough man. She hid her ears tips with a bit of illusion magic, so that she appeared to be a perfectly normal human. He drove her to the mansion. Sitting in the car, she peered at the thick windows and gray stone. Should she really be doing this? No, but she was tired of being perfect and well-refined. Smiling to herself, she climbed out of the car and walked off with a smile planted on her face; she lifted her mask up to hide the rest of her features.

She walked to the first carriage and slowly climbed into it, shifting her skirts amongst her legs so that she sat as elegantly as possible. How many guests would there be? Allie wasn't sure...and she wasn't looking forward to seeing other elves. "Hello there," she said in greeting to the coach's other occupant, taking the seat opposite her. "A snowy evening for a party." Though she was trying to hide herself, she also was very open and sociable with the gathered people. All sorts....demons. Vampires. Not another elf that she could see. Shrugging to herself, she settled into her corner with her mask up to hide her elven features.

Last edited by raesilver42; 03-12-2011 at 07:47 PM..

Codette
The One and Only

Penpal

Old 03-11-2011, 07:00 PM

Codette walked around the ballroom, standing in the shadows of the rooms edge. With her mask in one hand, and a drink flute in the other, she watched the guests and her family, with narrow eyes. Codette was never comfortable with gatherings like this. Her dark arts were more of a solitary practice. She moved the handle of her mask a bit away from her face, to take a sip, still careful to keep her face hidden. With more graceful movements, she continued her walk, her heels clicking softly on the floor, her dress blending into the shadows.

AzkaBelle
Boy Lolita

Old 03-13-2011, 02:08 AM

Urik Wellington stood in his room, his pink girlish hat within his hands. He wasn't sure if he was in the tricking mood tonight. His pixie blood sang out to him, like a sweet songbird in the night. However, he cast the hat down onto his bed and walked out in the suit he already was in. 'no no no' he shook his head. 'females will surely hassle me this way' so he backed into his room, donning his pink satin gown, he put a glamour on himself to seem far more feminine and girly that he was. Any guest that did not know him personally would surely think of him as a female. He knew he did not want the curse to be broken, so to elude his female suitors he dressed this way. Usually it turned most males off once he told them who he truly was. He let out a long sigh, and put on his pink, flowered hat over his now long silken hair. "I'm ready." he smiled, his voice to was high pitched and reminded him of tinkling bells. He let out a charming giggle and went out into the hall, searching for any of his siblings. he didn't know what they thought of him dressing up like this. but in truth nor did he care, he opened his white fan and waved it a few times in front of his tinkling blue eyes. "Yes, certainly ready." he said confidently.

Q U E E N
spooky scary skeletons

Old 03-14-2011, 01:02 AM

Lanalee saw Urik come into the room in the room, and tried to hide her laugh, so the guests wouldn't notice. She raised an eyebrow. "Evading your suitors again?" Reaching out for a drink, she grabbed a wine from the table in front of her. "Just make sure your wig doesn't fall off...and you need a bit more padding in the chest area." Taking a few napkins, she walked over to Urik in his girl form and scrunched the napkins into balls, then shoved them down the front of his chest. Stepping backwards, she smiled and gave a thumbs up. "Perfect!"

AzkaBelle
Boy Lolita

Old 03-14-2011, 01:06 AM

He chuckled. "Its not a wig, a glamour...pull it if you wish." he pulled on one of the strands to prove it to her. "I guess i forgot to put...these on me for real." Urik smiled dazzlingly, his impish voice tinkling. "I'll do it, if i think someone's about to get a little handsy." he winked to Lanalee and eyed her. "You look very attractable tonight." he noted standing next to her. "I'll never understand, after all these dances how you haven't managed to find a suitor." he tightened his pink lace choker, and straightened the wrinkles out of his perfect pink gown. A light blush covered his cheeks as he watched some of the guests enter. "Such beautiful people, to bad i have no desire to fall in love with any of them." he turned around, putting his back to the guests.

Q U E E N
spooky scary skeletons

Old 03-14-2011, 01:15 AM

"Thank you." Lanalee tilted her head. "Perhaps it's because I don't really feel like tying myself down with someone, you know? I scare most of them off anyways, and I'll never really grow old." She straightened her mask when she noticed it sliding down her nose. "But daddy's always insisting because he feels so bad about what happened." Lanalee noticed one of Urik's suitors chatting in the background. Her name was Elizabeth something...she forgot. "Well, see you later!" Lanalee waved back at Urik as she headed for a crowd of people, getting ready to mingle.

AzkaBelle
Boy Lolita

Old 03-14-2011, 01:19 AM

Urik nodded, and turned around seeing elizabeth he sunk into the corner. Hoping to goddess she wouldn't recognize him. He smirked. "Of course she won't this glamour is amazing." he stroked his own cheek and went back out into the light. He headed towards the guests and thought about what Lanalee had said. 'not wanting to be tied down' he would love to be tied down, no not in the bondage sick sense. but in the 'somebody to love' sense. He dreamed of finding a mate to love him forevermore, and besides most of the guests that came to the dances weren't human either. So they would most likely live forever as he would.

(ooc: hahaa, niiiice elizabeth CRAZY LADY)

Himiko Lamprouge
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to Himiko Lamprouge Send a message via MSN to Himiko Lamprouge

Old 03-14-2011, 04:53 AM

Charlotte made her way up to the estate, but snow made her long for her salty home. One night wouldn't kill her, but she felt like it would. The soft crunch of the snow beneath her, the cool, crisp air filling her lungs. She was glad it didn't hit her gills, they hated the cold. her rich green dress made it seem as though she was flowing around instead of walking. Once Charlotte made her way inside, she took a deep breath of warm inviting air, and the aroma of perfumes and food she nearly forgot to present her invitation. At least until the doorman reminded her with a cough, and his hand extended.

"Oh, sorry." Charlotte smiled as she handed it over, and made her way to the main room, only to find she was late to the party. Slightly embarrassed of being late she was glad to be wearing a mask. Not to mention the thought that she wouldn't be the last guest to arrive helped her to calm down. Holding her head high she continued on in the room, but looking around she realized she didn't know anyone.

It really shouldn't have been such a surprise to her; after all it was her mother who gave her the invitation. Her mother was also a friend of the family, but Charlotte at least knew about the family story. In her mind being turning into something more than a human didn't seem like a bad idea. Charlotte was happy with who she was, being human would make life so boring in her mind. The only reason she was here was because her mother told her it would be fun, and to tell the Wellington's hello for her.

First thing was first, Charlotte had to find Mr. Wellington. Once she said hello she really didn't have to stay all night, and she wouldn't have to keep reminding herself the rest of the night. She made her way around the room looking for someone who looked father-like, but the costumes obscured her perceptions.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-14-2011, 12:07 PM

Orelia had gotten a taxi to drive her up to the mansion after raiding the university's costume room,with the director's permission.She's managed to find a green gown,with black lace applique and some black beading on it,and a black mask to match.

The invitation had just been laying there on the ground,as if someone had lost it,and for once Orelia had decided to be crazy and just go.It was like all the stories she read.Now sitting in a carriage Orelia tried not to fiddle with her brown hair as she waited for someone else to get into the carriage.Finally a woman wearing a wonderful peacock dress entered and greeted her."Hello,yes it is isn't it?Still at least we'll be inside and warm.How are you tonight?"Orelia tried not to get tongue tied,and wondered how many others would arrive.

Last edited by PapillonCameo; 03-14-2011 at 12:22 PM..

AzkaBelle
Boy Lolita

Old 03-14-2011, 05:05 PM

Xandith BlueThorn had already entered the ballroom, wearing his elegant old fashioned tuxedo and no mask. He wanted people to see his face. He wore a blindfold most of the time when he was in his undersea home, he'd tripped a few times upon arriving still trying to get used to having two feet rather than a tail. With vivid red eyed he scoped the room, not seeing much that he liked. He ran a hand through his dove white hair letting out a small sigh. No one had asked him to dance yet, he guessed he himself would have to take the initiative. With fluid grace he walked across the room, trying to find the perfect dancing partner.

flamethrower1391
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-14-2011, 11:55 PM

Takayumi looked up at another guest who had sat down across from her. "Hello. Indeed, it's quite snowy." She looked out the carriage window at the snow covered ground. It was a good thing they were headed up the mountain in a carriage rather than their vehicles. The carriage made it's way up the mountain and over the bridge before halting in front of the Wellington estate. The vampire stepped out and walked into the ball room.

Michael Wellington waited for more of the guests to arrive and for the rest of his children to come from their rooms. Most of them seemed not to enjoy the balls he held for them in hopes they'd find someone to spend the rest of their lives with, but he felt guilty for ruining their lives. He turned his attention to a man who had introduced himself as Kaleb Girma. "Ah, yes. We did receive those bottles of dessert wine, I believe this morning."

Kikiyo walked into the ballroom with awe. Everyone was dressed up for the event, and she was wearing a leather dress and combat boots. Now feeling self-conscious, she hide in a corner of the room. They're all so pretty, and here I am. Standing in the corner, she waited the others danced and enjoy themselves.

AzkaBelle
Boy Lolita

Old 03-15-2011, 12:03 AM

Urik felt someone bump into him, it was a woman dressed in leather, and combat boots. "Ugh!" he fell backwards, his pink dresshat falling the the ground. "Excuse me Miss!" his glamoured voice tinkling femininely. "You should watch where you are going." he picked up his hat and fixed it on top of his now long, black hair. He tightened his pink lace choker necklace again before extending a petite gloved hand. "I am..." he thought of a nickname. "Uri, Uri Wellington."

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-15-2011, 12:04 AM

Orelia tried to get out of the carriage without stepping on her dress,or falling down.A sigh of relief escaped her a little too soon.As she stepped into the ballroom one of her heels got caught in the fabric of her dress making the young woman lose her balance.Before the chestnut eyed woman knew it she fell to the floor in an ungraceful heap.Already an embarrassment...Orelia was sure that no one would want to dance with someone as clumsy as her,then she remembered something that had quite slipped her mind."I don't know how to dance..",mumbled the young woman to herself without even trying to get up.Sitting there at the entrance of the room Orelia felt very left out.

AzkaBelle
Boy Lolita

Old 03-15-2011, 12:07 AM

Xandith Bluethorn watched a very clumsy woman enter then fall, then hide herself in the corner. He shook his head 'oh no no' he hated when people felt left out, so he took it upon himself to talk over to her, his red eyes gleaming beneath his intelligent gaze. He extended one of his hands. "I suppose everyone knows we are here for the wellingtons, but i would like to dance with such a beautiful creature." he was speaking of course to Orelia.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 03-15-2011, 12:21 AM

Orelia looked up to see who it was spoke to her.Red eyes gazed down at her,who in the world had white hair and red eyes!"But I only came out of curiosity,I thought it was all a joke!And I don't know how to dance."She was a little panicked that someone she had never before met in her life had called her beautiful.Nervously she took this strange man's hand and allowed him to help her up.To cover the trembling of her hand Orelia tried to keep this man's attention on their conversation."My name's Orelia,what's yours?"She hoped he hadn't noticed!The sorry habit of tugging her hair when nervous surfaced again as she pulled a small braid down from the up-do she wore to do just that.

flamethrower1391
\ (•◡•) /

Old 03-15-2011, 12:25 AM

"Oh, I'm sorry." Kikiyo didn't know she had bumped into anyone let alone a Wellington. Taking Urik's hand, she said, "I'm Kikiyo Iragashi." She didn't know what to do. She just bumped into someone and the kid was introducing himself to her. It was odd. Most would just yell at her and call her names. And of course, she didn't know that the person she bumped into was actually a guy and not a girl.

AzkaBelle
Boy Lolita

Old 03-15-2011, 12:26 AM

"I am Xandith Bluethorn." he was clumsy on his way to the dancefloor and almost took a dive himself but caught himself, and balanced. "Sorry, I'm not used to legs." he smiled down to her and swung them into a waltz. "It isn't a joke." he twirled her once. "far from it really." he gazed down at her trying to figure out if she were human or not. ""what are you." he finally decided to ask.

----------

"Thats a very pretty name." he giggled and let his hand drop. "What are you doing here hiding in the shadows? why don't you go find yourself some nice man to dance with." he swept his hand in an elegant gesture, refering to all the guests. "there are plenty here tonight, perhaps even one of my brothers would care for a dance." he winked to her, and straightened the wrinkled out on the pink frock. "Your dress is very nice." urik commented, running a finger down the side of the leather exterior.