Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 09-27-2011, 01:00 AM

OOC:
http://www.menewsha.com/forum/commun...antasy-rp.html

**All Characters are to start in the port city of Invux, except for the leaders and stuff**

Pausing only to wipe the sweat from her brow, Momo glanced the glowing metal over. It wasn't anywhere near being done yet. The glow was wrong, and the metal wasn't the right color. It would be a while longer for the sword to finished. With a loud peal, the hammer struck the metal, lengthening it, flattening it, and tempering it.

As she worked the glow faded, only to be thrust back into the forge while she pumped the funnels to restore the blade back to its red-hot glow. Her tiny arms ached, as did the small of her back for being stooped over for so long, but it was finally done. The steam rolled out of the barrel with a hiss, the salty spray misting her face. The brine was made to keep the sword from tarnishing and losing it's edge.

The sword wasn't actually done, of course. The hilt still needed to be added, but that could wait for tomorrow. The sun was still high in the sky, and she had finished her work for today, which meant she was free to spend her evening as she chose.

"Oy! Momo!" a man called out over the din of the forge. "I heard Old Man Latyn has an order of heart-stone coming in. I take it you're interested? Should've come in today, now that I think about it." Then he just sort of stared at the empty space she had occupied before bending over, and spilling mirth down his face.

Last edited by Angelo; 09-28-2011 at 07:45 PM..

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-01-2011, 12:02 AM

((You guys can post, you know. :D))

emiko_firecaster
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 10-04-2011, 01:53 AM

Kerir was walking through the town on her way to the bar as she did almost once a week. This was to be the second to last week before she had to go out and fight once more... and truth be told she wasn't really looking forward to it.

"Honestly, you would think that no one wants to actually live their lives in peace anymore, at least not as much as war breaks out." Kerir sighed gustily before continuing in her slightly musical voice, a tell tale of her race. "But then again if we were at peace I'd be out of a job."

Looking around Kerir isn't surprised to find a black smith in front of her, the smell of hot metal and steaming brine cutting through the late afternoon air. Knowing that she looks nothing more at the moment then a commoner, her clothes and hair hiding her elven nature, despite the color, she decides to walk inside to where some customers were waiting for their orders.

Immediately upon entering the dwelling she was struck by the noise of hammers on metal, forge fires flaring under steady influx of air from bellows, and boiling sea brine. The smell, was much reduced from the air that still flowed in from the open entry way, the same air that played with her ponytail and tugged at her clothes, and that swept the heat from the air keeping it away from the customers who waited.

Kerir was surprised however to note the younger looking girl working at one of the forges. "If I'm right, that sword blade may be just the weapon our arms master would die for." Kerir had an eye for fine blades, being partially elven her self. Sitting down she watched as the small one finished the blade displaying ability far outside a normal humans of that age "Definitely Vaashti" popped an thought from her dragon companion. "You should speak to her."

"But what is a Vaashti doing here in this port town?"

"No idea but you can ask her directly"

Kerir sighed again, this was shaping up to be more trouble then it was worth "I still have to get to the bar tonight to sing" Kerir thought, she thought, to her self

"No you just want to go to the bar to night"

"..."
Kerir didn't have a reply, something that happened often with her dragon companion. "Oh very well," She thought crossly

A smug feeling was all she got in return.

Last edited by emiko_firecaster; 10-04-2011 at 02:14 AM..

sunnybunny
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-04-2011, 04:07 AM

Loki strolled through the town as he left his younger sister to run their parents' bakery all by herself. There were many people running about in the city buying foods for their family, or buying new clothes for themselves, even some men and women headed towards the new bar that had just opened recently. Loki had heard of the place, he heard from his buddies saying that this new bar had the most greatest kind of beer in all of Invux. He was about to head over there himself until he remembered what his sister might do if she caught him drinking again. Loki shuddered and thought that he would rather not think about it.

Looking around Loki turned to find something interesting to get his mind off of his little sister. Sometimes he wondered if he really cared about her or is just afraid of her. Soon he hears the sound of metal hitting metal and the hissing of the hot metal being dipped in the cool water and he smelled sea brine coming from a blacksmith shop. Loki scratched his flame colored hair and went into the shop to look around. When he came in he saw a young girl working on a sword and a woman staring at the unfinished sword. Blacksmith shops are his favorite shops to go into because the weaponry that the blacksmiths had crafted were so beautiful and so detailed to look at, it made him want to continue his sword fighting practice with his father.

A little Mage staff caught Loki's eye and he felt a pang of envy. His younger sister had inherited their grandmother's powers and now she's practicing the arts. But Alexi is only fourteen... thought Loki as he stared at the staff longingly. Then he realized that his sister's birthday is coming up and his envy quickly disappeared. He wanted to know how much the Mage staff cost. He wanted to walk up to the young girl and ask how much the staff costs but she seemed kind of busy.

Squall Ravenhart
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-04-2011, 08:23 PM

Isfrael wandered through the markets, looking intently at the stalls.
"Isfrael, I'm bored" the thought came from none other than SkySong, Isfrael's dragon.
He sighed.
"I won't be long" he replied patiently.
"Why do you have to go without me?" she sounded rather sulky.
"Because, SkySong, you have a habit of looking at people, then licking your chops. Makes them nervous. And I would like this to be an uneventful day for once."A disgruntled silence followed that and Isfrael couldn't help a rare smile. She hated it when he was right.
It soon disappeared and he assumed his normal solemn expression. There didn't seem much to laugh about these days. War was looming on the horizon as usual and he had a bad feeling about this one. Although if he could kill vampires he didn't really care.
So caught up was he in his own thoughts, Isfrael nearly walked right past the merchant he had been looking for. It wasn't until the man called out to him that he even noticed.
"Master Isfrael! How is my best customer?" the man called out with a huge fake smile.
Isfrael's head jerked up and he barely hid his distaste at being spoken to so familiarly.
He merely nodded and said shortly, "My usual please".
Whilst the merchant searched amongst his wares, Isfrael looked idly around.
This place hardly ever changed, except maybe the customers and merchants.
Uneven cobblestones made up the street and were slippery when wet, a fact Isfrael had once found out, much to his embarrassement and SkySong's delight. The square itself was quite large when empty and would seem oddly forlorn then, almost as though it missed the hustle and bustle of the market. From here the ocean could be heard clearly, a soothing background noise to the unceasing chatter of people. Although he had to admit, the smell could be better. A pervading odour of fish and refuse was ever present, barely hidden by the tempting scents from the more exotic stalls.
"Bring me a present?" SkySong's voice suggested.
A smile tugged the corner of Isfrael's mouth but he managed to keep a straight face.
"Maybe. If you're good."
"Always!"
"You'll have to wait and see then."
The merchant tapped his arm and Isfrael turned his attention back to the man.
"This is all I have Master Isfrael" he said holding out a large bottle.
Isfrael sighed and just handed over some coins. It was going to be even harder to find the dye he favoured when war broke out. He took the bottle and placed it in his satchel.
"Safe journey" the merchant called out as he turned to leave.
Isfrael just flicked a hand over his shoulder and kept walking.
"Don't forget" SkySong reminded him.
"SkySong if you don't stop interrupting me you won't get anything. Now go annoy one of the elders or something."
She didn't reply although he could almost feel the glare she was probably doing.
He groaned silently to himself. Now he'd have to buy her something to make up for the fact he'd snapped at her.
What to get a dragon?

Since he had the whole day free still, Isfrael decided to stop by a bar recommended by one of his superiors and buy some time to think. After all SkySong would sulk at him for a long time if he returned empty handed.

Last edited by Squall Ravenhart; 10-04-2011 at 08:44 PM..

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-04-2011, 11:39 PM

Still working on the sword blade, Momo slowly became aware of people watching her, which made her a bit uncomfortable. It was probably because she was a full-blooded Vaashti. Due to the lack of migration of the Vaashti people, seeing one out and about is often a rare spectacle. Which explains the stares. A slight tool let her engrave the flaming design along the blade. It was for some merchant or the other's son who was coming to age or something. Not that Momo really cared.

Glowing yellow with heat, the blade was becoming unruly and hard to work with, and so Momo plunged it back into the fire, sweat pouring from her pores. It certainly got hot in here. That was the reason Momo was wearing nothing but a leather apron, short pants tied above the knee, and gloves to protect her hands. Momo was one of the few Vaashti who had a chest as flat as a board, but she didn't mind. It was easier to move about without the cleavage, though most Vaashti paled in comparison to the other races. Their small stature meant that it just wasn't possible for them to grow to the same level.

In all honesty, Momo's frame was small for a Vaasthi. She appeared around eight to ten in human terms, whereas most were eleven to fourteen. This appearance was only heightened by her thinness. While obesity was almost unheard of on their island, most Vaashti had a good ten pounds on her, in addition to the extra three to six inches. Regardless, she knew the forms to the sword and how to play the lyre. Most Vaashti didn't bother with both arts, but Momo couldn't help but love them.

The blade had cooled again, so it went back into the furnace. Momo operated the pump, blasting air into the flames to increase the heat and quality of the metal. It required a lot of air, which meant a lot of pumping. But it was worth it to see the blade, red hot, pulled from the flames to be shaped some more. The people were still watching her, like they were waiting for something, though Momo had no idea what it could be. It was hotter than a witch's brew in there, but it didn't seem to bother them.

Carefully carving the shapes into the malleable metal, Momo called out. "Can me help yous?" she asked, her accent and unfamiliarity with the language showing. The Vaashti language was incredibly different, and as such, no one not raised on the island knew it. But it affected her Common speech, as she had a hard time pronouncing words, or understanding how sentences were formed.

emiko_firecaster
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 10-05-2011, 02:51 AM

Kerir glanced around for anyone else she may have been talking to before rubbing her head ruefully. "Maybe, but it probally be better to wait till your done for the day... how long are you going to be? I have something I would like to get to before to long and was wondering if you could just meet me there."

"Now thats not fair for all you know she could be done in minutes and would then have to walk all the way over there."

"You know as well as i do how much im looking forward to singing every week... so if I can help it, I would perfer to do it tonight. Besides if she's done in a few minutes, I'll simply invite her along and I'll buy her a drink when we get there."

"oh yeah thats smooth buying a drink for an underage person"

"Oh shush! you know as well as I do how Vaashti look, its the only reason I still look as young as I do. Besides the way she handles the blade shes at least old enough to drink."

"... fine but don't come running to me if the general finds out, you know how he feels about you singing"

"It'll be fine I'll just tell him Im there with a friend"

ShadowXV
Warrior of light

Old 10-05-2011, 11:57 PM

Riku Blaze walks through the town looking for something to keep him busy for a while. As he listens to sound around him he feels like he blends in perfectly, but with his swords and armor on he seems like hes on a journey passing through the town. He feels like hes been walking for hours. He finally tries searching for an arena or some place to test out his swordsman skills. He doesn't want to ask people show he climbs on one of the buildings and looks around. He skims over the bar the house the shops and stops to realize what if the arena isn't in the town, but he still tries to look for it. After sometime of searching he walks into one of the stores and looks for someone to talk to. He stands there and finds out that he's in the grocery shop. Slowly he walks out trying not to be noticed by the people that were in there. He stumbles upon the armory shop. He walks in hoping to find something or someone of uses to him.

WinglessFairy
Teh Awesome
Send a message via AIM to WinglessFairy Send a message via Yahoo to WinglessFairy

Old 10-07-2011, 04:55 PM

Dum!
BA Dum.
Dum.

The eerie beats of the drums began to quicken, the men rowing faster against the still waters as the neared the harbor.
The zombie princess spun with the music, her plain garments seeming to melt, flowing like the seawater below.

Dum.

Dum.

DA dum.

The beats slowly stopped as the boat reached the dock. Her form stopped suddenly, swaying with the breeze over the prow of the ship, and as suddenly as she had stopped, she broke from her trance, eyes peering over the town she had just arrived in.

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-08-2011, 03:42 AM

((Waiting on sunnybunny:. Will post tomorrow for sure. :D))

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-08-2011, 02:49 PM

"Tis shouldnt bes toos much longers," Momo answered, plunging the blade back into the fire. The designs were finished now; just some tempering and flattening, and it'd be perfect. Just from hefting it, Momo could tell that it would be of excellent balance and condition. Training with swords all her life, Momo knew these sorts of things, although, the Vaashti swords were never used for combat.

"Is yous interested in makings a purchase?" she asked, glancing at her boss out of the corner of her eye. He didn't like loiterers much. "Mes can getchoos a weapon in under fives day, and other tings sooners dan dat." The sword itself had only taken around three to get this far. If she got off early today, then she would finish it tomorrow, but if not, it could very well be done today.

Hammering the metal to the appropriate flatness, also tempering the blade, Momo knew she had the girl would have to wait to answer. It was impossible for her to hear anyone when striking the metal with the big hammer. She got her chance a bit later, when Momo had to thrust the metal back into the fire, pumping the bellows hard.

emiko_firecaster
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 10-08-2011, 09:14 PM

"Tis shouldnt bes toos much longers," The girls voice called out to Kerir even as she plunged the blade back into the fire.

"Well? no harm done right? She is going to be done in a bit" Kerir shot to her dragon a small smugness in her voice.

"But are you taking her away from important work though?" kerir frowned at her dragons question when it flashed through her mind not quite sure why the question erked her.

"Is yous interested in makings a purchase? Mes can getchoos a weapon in under fives day, and other tings sooners dan dat." The woman asked just before she started to hammer the metal down some more.

"Oh dear, she thinks I'm hear to buy a weapon." Kerir could understand her mistake however as it was a blacksmith's shop, "Wonder how she will react when i invite her to accompany me tonight to the tavern..." she spoke under her breath unafraid of being heard over the womans ringing blows on the metal.

"I still don't understand why you worry so much about singing in the tavern" Ilvain's growling grievence filled her ears once again."

"you always want to get in the last word don't you"

"yep" came the self-satisfied remark.

sunnybunny
⊙ω⊙

Old 10-11-2011, 11:26 PM

Alexi sat in the bakery shop tapping her fingers on a table as she waited for customers to come. Today was a slow day and her older brother went slacking off somewhere which made the young girl more irritated than ever. Stupid Loki.... Alexi thought, then she stood up and decided to close the bakery for the day. Alexi grabbed a sheet of paper and wrote down a note for her grandmother and mother that she would be out looking for Loki.
After Alexi wrote the note she ran out of the bakery not forgetting to switch the OPEN sign to the CLOSED sign. Alexi decided to run by the harbor in case she sees Loki messing around with his mean friends-well they're mean to her-but he wasn't there but his idiotic friends were. Alexi quickly ran off and went to the marketplace since that was the second place Loki could've slacked off at. The first store she saw was the blacksmith's shop. She spotted Loki and smiled triumphantly, "FOUND YOU!"

puppetmaster999
DM Extrodinaire

Old 10-12-2011, 11:09 PM

Zeal sat in a large chair at the head of a table that had several arguing Riders. He had been listening to the same kind of complaints all week. People were constantly debating over what the Dragon Riders should do. This current debate was over how many, if any dragons they should breed. It was a difficult process in any conditions, but the upcoming war put even more pressure on it. There were three sides to this. The first, headed by an elf Rider named Raishi, said that we should and then try to bind the babies as soon as possible. The second led by the human Rider Keven, stated that the Riders should invest a small number of dragons to mate, but put the eggs on stasis until needed. The last was headed by Orc Lieutenant General Silvergrip. He believed it would be a waste of resources to mate dragons and a waste of Riders, because during incubation the dragons are too concerned to go into battle. HE also claimed this was due to humans being added to the Pact of Dragons only four centuries before, for they are the most concerned during pregnancy. After that comment, Zeal decided to shoot him. In the foot of course, nothing too serious. "You do understand that I'm human, you idiot!" after that he sent them away.

You need to control yourself Zeal. Shooting him didn't help you.

I know. I need to talk to my only sensible Lieutentant. Where is Kerir?

At the bar she sings at once a week.

Figures. I'll go get her. Make sure no one follows me Soreth.
And then he left.

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-15-2011, 07:57 PM

((Attention: If I don't respond throughout the week, don't worry about waiting up! I will be sure to catch up on Friday or Saturday!))

Pounding away on the metal, Momo was unable to hear the girl, though she could see her lips moving. Plunging the blade into the roaring furnace once more, Momo pumped the bellows to achieve the appropriate temperature. "Iffen yous wants ta stays, den yous need ta makes as dough yous thinkin' bout purchasin' somethin'," Momo said, eyeing the shop for her boss. The plump man was glancing at them suspiciously, probably figuring the girl was distracting Momo from her work.

Momo turned her attention back to the gleaming blade, eyeing it critically before nodding. It was done. And so she plunged it into the saltwater barrel, the brine evaporating immediately with a hiss and a cloud of steam. The brine would further protect the blade from wear, and allow a brighter shine, which was evident already. Then she went about carving the handle. It was wooden, ebony according to the specifications. But after a while, the handle was perfect. She sliced it directly in half before going about carving out a spot for the end of the blade to be inserted.

Once she finished that, she took the blade and set it between the two, gluing them together before clamping it to dry. Then she sat down on an upended barrel and looked to the other girl for a response.

emiko_firecaster
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 10-16-2011, 10:32 PM

"Hmn well I was hoping that you would be up to accompanying me tonight to a local tavern I know." Kerir spoke her eyes and motions that of one thinking that she may want to buy something, though her voice and focus belied her. smiling slightly she doesn't know why the smell of evaporating brine smelled good to her her but it did.

The motions of the woman was quick as she worked on the handle the handle seeming to be finished in moments. And now she looked a glance at the woman her silver gray eyes almost rueful as she waited "so yes? no?" she asked her voice almost hopeful.

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-16-2011, 10:47 PM

"Hmm," Momo said, scratching her chin thoughtfully. "Me supposes so, but why?" This girl certainly was odd, at least to the Vaashti girl. Pulling out a small sketchpad that was thin from plenty of use, Momo started writing, waiting for the other girl to supply her with information. She needed to know where and when for starters, as well as how much money to bring and other miscellaneous things.

Once that was done, she nodded before standing and hanging up her apron, sighing as she stretched. Her work was done for the day, so she had the rest of it to herself. The boss waved her off when she told him, and a few moments later, she was outside, browsing the shops nearby. What she really needed was Heart Ore, but it was rare around here. Other than that, she had almost everything she needed for her blade. Whistling softly to herself, she continued wandering among the stalls, eyeing various goods with healthy curiosity.

emiko_firecaster
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 10-17-2011, 04:00 PM

"Well..." kerir begins sheepishly "I kind of sing at the tavern once a week and this is that day. And i was hoping to ask you a few questions afterwords if you don't mind." Kerir was looking out towards the direction of the tavern. it was quite popular for being as small as it was and one of the few places where you could here happy music nowadays that didn't hold that touch of sorrow.

"Oh!" Kerir pops up adding almost in after thought, "You wouldn't have to pay for anything as you'll be with me and I get all my drinks free." she had followed the woman out stopping a short distance away as if she was deciding whether to stay or take off towards the tavern.

"... Look meet me at the The Staff and the Sword, and tell the owner you know me, he'll direct you to a table so that you can enjoy the show." saying all of this in a rush Kerir turns and rushes off easily dodging the early evening shoppers showing litheness that a human would not have.

"that was a little quick"

"I know, I know, but I'll be late if I don't hurry!"

"Hmn one would think that you wouldn't want to call attention to yourself."

"how is it calling attention to myself if im using a false identity? thats also why im hurrying, it takes a while to get ready."

"why do you dress yourself as a man just so you can sing?"

"look at it this way, how would you feel if Soreth suddenly told you that he liked to dance to that song you loathe? could you ever look at him the same again?"

"... i must think on this"

"you do that, meanwhile i have a dressing to get to."

it didn't take long for Kerir to get to The Staff and the Sword, though it did take a few moments to get on her disguise. When it wass all finished a tall, shy, fine-boned lad stood where a woman had just moments ago. long purple hair was colored into a deep vibrant black and pulled back into a boyish ponytail. and her clothes, finished the look, giving off the inmage of a boy who sang for his dinner.

"hmn... thats.... oops! almost forgot to disguise my eyes." Kerir thanked the days that she had found the bit of magic that allowed her to change her eyes from gray to a deep and rich brown. it made it hard for people who didn't know her original identity to identify her... and almost as hard for people who did. "I guess it's time for Nylas Everhath Rywyn to make his appearence."

Kerir didn't know if the woman would make her appearence tonight, and hoped she would. "oops forgot to ask her name." Kerir giggles before heading out from behind the stage to the center to sit on a stool. "what to sing tonight? what to sing to bring more joy to these sarrowful people?"

Last edited by emiko_firecaster; 10-17-2011 at 04:04 PM..

Angelo
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 10-22-2011, 08:02 PM

((I'm afraid I'm going to have to drop this. :\ I just have no interest in it right now. Sorry guys.))

emiko_firecaster
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 10-23-2011, 07:09 PM

((aww!!! and it was starting to look like it may be getting good already))