~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 04-18-2013, 02:39 AM

This is Day Two
This creature is a(n):Capaduk
This is its story: These guys are highly territorial, semi-aquatic mammals. Living in faster moving streams and rivers the Capaduk thrive by hunting small fish, worms, spiders, crustacean. They are armed with a paralytic neurotoxin which they use in hunting. Males confront each other in a showy display of teeth baring and horn clashing, rarely will they use their toxin in fights over territory or females.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 04-18-2013, 02:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotspam View Post
Nephila:
"famous bid"?
Also, the "it's" should probably be "its"
in that case. ^^
Thanks. :)

iamnotspam
\ (•◡•) /
Banned

Old 04-18-2013, 03:00 AM

Nephila: np. :)
Also,
"Mischievous", "It", and "When" should not be capitalized. :3
You still have an "it's" that should be an "its".
And "re arranging" should be "re-arranging".
:3

EDIT: I'm sorry, I'm probably being annoying.
I'll stop now!

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 04-18-2013, 03:02 AM

This is Day Two
This creature is a(n): Red Footed Woodchuckin Pusabit
This is its story: The Red Footed Woodchuckin Pusabit is a strange creature to say the least. This animal is a long distance cousin of the beaver. Like a beaver it leaves near water sources like rivers, ponds, and lakes. Unlike their distance cousins the Red Footed Woodchuckin Pusabit do not build dams. The do swim, eat fish and chew on trees. This creature possesses oversized front teeth that are razor sharp. These teeth are used for defense and chewing on trees. It also communicates using clicking sounds that it makes using its teeth. It’s about to swim at speeds of up to 35 miles per hour using it’s red webbed feet. This little creature may look cute and furry, but don’t underestimate it because it can have a nasty temper.

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Send a message via Yahoo to Cardinal Biggles

Old 04-18-2013, 03:06 AM

All Updated for day two.
Only about 35 minutes to get your entries in, guys!

BellyButton

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-18-2013, 03:09 AM

You guys are hilarious! I've just sat and read through every single creature description. Very creative. ;D

iamnotspam
\ (•◡•) /
Banned

Old 04-18-2013, 03:12 AM

Ohaidar BellyButton! :D
P.S. you have an "it's" that should be an "its".

Also, good for you. xD
I'm too lazy to read through them ALL. xD

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-18-2013, 03:19 AM

About 25 minutes till the end of Day 2. ;)

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 04-18-2013, 03:19 AM

Grammar isn't one of the primary judging considerations, so it's okay.

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 04-18-2013, 03:27 AM

Is it bad if I think the most creative part of my day two entry is the name for the creature?

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 04-18-2013, 03:28 AM

That's a relief I barely spat out what I had today. I have way to much sewing to do at the same time as the event. >.<

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-18-2013, 03:29 AM

I'm certainly not one to judge grammar.

Me no grammar good; yes.

Rochiel Silverfire
♪♪There's a song in ...

Old 04-18-2013, 03:42 AM

This is Day Two
This creature is a(n): Towanpool Harbor Rat (clades aquaticus)
This is its story:
The Towanpool Harbor Rat is a tenacious creature native to Towanpool Harbor (as its name would suggest). It is nonagressive towards humans, however it has developed an addiction to the minerals used in the construction and maintenance of Towanpool freighters. Using their strong horns and powerful legs, swarms of these creatures have been known to collectively charge a target freighter, puncturing its hull en mass and sinking it to the bottom of the bay. Once the vessel is brought down, the rats secrete an acid from a gland beneath their tail that rapidly breaks down the metal over a couple days. The rats then use their strong teeth to tear the metal sides apart, consuming much of it and carrying the rest back to their offshore colony for later consumption and nest building in much the same way that beavers do with wood. Despite the inconvenience they create with their feeding habits, they perform a complex and important role in creating coral reefs and adding essential minerals back into the ecosystem. In an attempt to work with the rats' habits rather than against them, Duvalians have taken to retiring old ships by sacrificing them to the rats in hopes that they will leave the working ships alone.

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-18-2013, 03:42 AM

Day Two ovah! ;D

Switching rounds now.

---------- Post added 04-17-2013 at 08:43 PM ----------

Just under the wire, Rochiel Silverfire. :P

Rochiel Silverfire
♪♪There's a song in ...

Old 04-18-2013, 03:43 AM

Barely made it, hooray! =^^=;;

iamnotspam
\ (•◡•) /
Banned

Old 04-18-2013, 03:44 AM

omg, midnight EST right on the dot,
and I JUST noticed that I spelled
"escapade" as "excapade".

*dies a horrible and lengthy death*

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-18-2013, 03:48 AM

Day Three curiosity is up. :)

iamnotspam
\ (•◡•) /
Banned

Old 04-18-2013, 03:52 AM

These things get weirder and weirder!
And maybe a little cuter too. :3

Shishunki
=w=/

Old 04-18-2013, 04:17 AM

I don't know what the last one was. ;n; Will someone tell me?
I wanna learn more.

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 04-18-2013, 04:20 AM

Anyone have a guess?

Shishunki
=w=/

Old 04-18-2013, 04:24 AM

.....I would also like references.... As I am not playing and I'd rather learn their origin... owo;

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 04-18-2013, 04:32 AM

Well, I'm afraid I can't give you references to that specific one. I found it on an auction website, listed only along the lines of "Victorian Taxidermy Curiosity". However, after all the time I spent on this, I do have an idea of what it probably is supposed to be...

Mageling
Mostly void, partially stars

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Mageling

Old 04-18-2013, 04:36 AM

This is Day Three
This creature is a(n): Equites diu cervice skunk (Long-necked Skunk-Horse)
This is its story:

An early ancestral cousin to both of today's modern skunks and llamas, the long-necked skunk-horse was a fierce creature. While its body was squat and short-legged, its long neck allowed it to see from a vantage point not unlike that of the average adult human male. With its long neck, the skunk-horse was able to feed on more than just ground-roots and shrub berries. It was able to reach the lower branches of fruit trees to supplement its vegetarian diet of plants and grains.

The skunk-horse's preferred habitat was one with ready access to food. Much like today's bears, a skunk-horse would find a hollow in a rock face or the base of a tree in which to make its home. Unlike its cousin-descendants of today, the llama, the skunk-horse would typically make its home in mountain forests where berries and fruits might be found.

While the skunk-horse's legs were indeed curiously short, they were also powerful enough that one good kick or stomp would break bone. However, the powerful legs were not this creatures first line of defense. The long-necked skunk-horse earned the name it shares with its cousin-descendant, the skunk: when frightened or threatened, it would release an intense, near-lethal dose of stink. This would knock out any would-be attacker long enough for the skunk-horse's short, powerful legs to get it out of danger.

This, unfortunately, also happened to be the creature's downfall. Long-necked skunk-horses were notoriously skittish and easily frightened, leading them to produce so much stink that they eventually stunk themselves out as well.

Shishunki
=w=/

Old 04-18-2013, 04:59 AM

I thought that's what it might have been from. But usually those don't have stories behind them.
Sometimes they went along with various myths from different counts, but were often just showing off skills. T.T Darn. I wanted a story.

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Old 04-18-2013, 05:09 AM

It has a lot of the characteristics of this creature. There's a lot of variation as far as how it's depicted, but I saw several models that had basically what this one has... going on.