Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 04-21-2013, 11:50 AM

This is Day Six
This creature is a(n): Wooly Fuzzums
This is its story:
The diminutive Wooly Fuzzums is native to rocky coastal islands. They're about the size of a house cat and come in a large variation of colors. Similar to mountain goats they spend most of their time bounding from rock to rock grazing on various mosses and flowers. Their strong leg muscles allow them to jump a remarkable height for their size. They've been recorded to jump over 12 feet.

Despite their small size and adorable features they're actually very dangerous. Using their strong muscles to jump over predators. They travel in large flocks and when one Wooly Fuzzum is spooked enough to give the warning call they do a jumping stamped on the intruder. The attacker is crushed under many tiny hooves.

They were once seen as great trophy creatures in the great hunt of ancient times. In modern times, however it's illegal to hunt them because of the great risk. The small rocky islands they inhabit are generally unfavorable to Menewshan living conditions so they remain separate from any major cities.

~LONGCAT~
is Long

Send a message via AIM to ~LONGCAT~

Old 04-21-2013, 05:43 PM

This is Day Six
This creature is a(n): Musk Cavie
This is its story: These medium sized rodents have a plush fur coat which helps them survive in the cold environments that they live in. They live in large family groups often referred to as plethoras; a plethora of musk cavies can range in size from a dozen individuals to well into the thousands during migration. The heavy stench produced by the males is used in courtship and in attracting females.

While their fur would make luxury coats and fine wools it is rarely harvested due in part the animal's diminutive size (an average only 20 pounds) but mostly due to the stinky oils. These oils are very difficult to remove and the process that would do so costs more than would make it profitable. So for the most part these creatures are left alone in the wild.

Jeannesha
Lost in a cloud

Penpal

Old 04-21-2013, 08:33 PM

This is Day Six
This creature is a(n): Curly Armadilly
This is its story:
Never before seen in the wild, this shy creature is able to blend in well in the Texas Hill Country.
While many feel it's a descendent of the Great American Bison, this writer has problems with imagining how that could occur, since the other parent creature, the Armadillo, is about the size of a small dog. But anything is possible in Mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom.

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-21-2013, 11:02 PM

All entries thus far have been logged. :)

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 04-21-2013, 11:33 PM

This is Day Six
This creature is a(n): Afro-Marmaoar
This is its story:

This creature, distant cousins of the Afro Donkeys, can also be found in the prairies and valleys of Duval. They have pointed hooves that allow them to walk carelessly over the tall grasses and the muddier parts of the island. The rut around much like a wild boar, but enjoy feasting on seeds and fresh fruits over slop or grasses.

Their wooly coats are shed during the summer months to reveal a smooth and short coat, therefore the mating takes place during the designated winter months. Why?
Mates are attracted to the largest "afros" and when the wooly fur is at its peak is in the winter months. After picking one mate, they generally stick with that mate for a few years before becoming bored with each others afros.

Offspring are born with long and lanky wooly fur that makes they look like a huge poof ball and for this reason they are undesirable to carnivores. They don't want to deal with all that wooly fur.

Afro-Marmaoars are actually farmed by the folks that live away from the cities. Their wool is soft and valuable, but none of these critters are harmed during the wool taking process! They are just suddenly hideous to their mates and sometimes the males are made to give their baby making stuff to the farmer and then given to the female. Not an easy challenge to raise these critters, but sometimes it can be worth it.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-22-2013, 12:10 AM

This is Day Six
This creature is a(n): Marmalusk
This is its story: The Marmalusk is a distant relative of the extinct woolly mammoths from the Ice Age. They have since evolved to a smaller size, but are still enormous compared to most land dwelling creatures. Males are around twice the size of rhinoceroses while females are only slightly smaller than that. They are an oddity in that it is the females, not the males as is often seen with other animals, that have tusks protruding from their mouth. These giant woolly mammals can be seen grazing in plains in various parts of the world.

Marmalusks move in herds of up to 50 per group, with two or three males and the rest females. The females are the protectors of the males, as the males are mostly defenseless against predators. Most males have a diet of grass and leaves, while the females would often burrow for roots, bulbs, and bugs with their tusks for additional nutrition needed to continue the build up of their tusks. Unlike the rhinoceros and elephants, where upon the removal of their horn or tusks the removal is permanent, Marmalusks regrow their tusks after a certain amount of time. They also fall out periodically, so unlike the rhinoceros and elephant, they have not been hunted after as much by poachers.

Young Marmalusk calf remain with the herd until they are seven or eight years old. Females will generally choose to remain with the herd, while males are either driven away or they successfully impress the females into allowing him to stay, such as defeating one of the older males of the group. Competition between two males are done through bodyslamming; they will attempt to knock each other down, and the winner is decided by the one who successfully knocks the other down. The smaller-sized of the male would usually use the tactic of evasion, waiting for the other male to stagger and lose his balance, before abruptly bodyslamming into him to knock him over.

Clothing spun from Marmalusk wool are said to be softer than silk, and are highly sought after. There have been attempts to domesticate the Marmalusk, but all have ended in failure. Even the strongest fences would fall from a good bodyslam from a Marmalusk, and forcing them to stay would result in the creatures becoming depressed and unhealthy, affecting the quality of their wool to the point of being coarser than hemp fabric.

twotickets
full of sound and fury (you know...

Old 04-22-2013, 12:29 AM

*bodyslam*

Very nice, Antagonist.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-22-2013, 12:36 AM

lol, Thanks. Kinda based the bodyslam part off the Pokemon Tauros and Miltank. I hate their bodyslams (when I'm not the one using it).

twotickets

Old 04-22-2013, 12:41 AM

Oh goodness, same here. :-)

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-22-2013, 12:48 AM

I only got to generation three though. I know generations one and two best, three I barely even remember anymore.

twotickets

Old 04-22-2013, 01:03 AM

You did better than I did, then. I didn't have any patience back then.

Angel Spirit Girl
8>>(^.^)

Old 04-22-2013, 01:22 AM

This is Day Six
This creature is a(n): Wooly Hog
This is its story: This is a wooly hog piglet. Wooly hogs are a quite prized farm animal in Northern Europe, especially the British Isles, Scandinavia, the Balkan area, and Northern Russia. It is well known for its durable, shrink proof wool. which is used extensively for clothing by people in those areas due to the cold, damp climate. The only drawback to keeping them is that they need a good hosing off before sheering time.

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 04-22-2013, 01:23 AM

This is Day Six
This creature is a(n): Wooly Chihog
This is its story: The Wooly Chihog is a large rodent that lives in the plains, forest and coastal regions of Duval. It is a very long distance cousin of the Red Footed Woodchuckin Pusabit and a distant cousin of the Capybara. For the most part these creatures are brown, but sometimes they are black or a rust color. The Wooly Chihog mostly eats various flora and fauna along with berries, nuts and roots. It's wooly coat acts as a barrier to protect it from water. It also acts as camouflage to protect the Wooly Chihog from predators. Instead of paws this creature has hooves, but as to why is a mystery. It has a very powerful sense of smell that allows it to sniff out roots easily as well as other things such as truffles. Because of their sense of smell some people have decided to domesticate this animal and use it to find and gather some of the rarer and harder to find plants around the island. Another reason for the domestication of this animal is for their wooly coat that can be shaven off, cleaned and used to make yarn for various things such as clothing.

Last edited by blueblackrose; 04-22-2013 at 01:26 AM..

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-22-2013, 01:24 AM

Haha, I had a lot of time back then. XDDD;; I must've played through Crystal like fifty times. One time I decided that I was tired of using the same three starter Pokemon all the time I went and got myself a level 2 Zubat and firmly decided that I was going to use that one as my main Pokemon throughout the entire game and by the time I finished it (beating Red inside the mountain) he was like level 92 or something, and had long since evolved into a Crobat, which is awesome because they're like the fastest Pokemon in the game. o 3o

twotickets

Old 04-22-2013, 01:29 AM

LEVEL 92?! That is amazing.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-22-2013, 02:18 AM

Yeah, well, the rest of my Pokemon team were in their level 30s ~ 50s. xDDD;;

I only use one Pokemon to do ALL my trainer/gym battles, so the main Pokemon is always super strong compared to the rest of them. The rest of them I get at as low a level as possible and raise them to be around level 30 ~ 50, so they can be cannon fodder while I resurrect my main Pokemon in a tough battle like with Red. x'D

flamethrower1391
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via Yahoo to flamethrower1391

Old 04-22-2013, 02:31 AM

This is Day Six
This creature is a(n): Chihookna
This is its story: This wooly animal is indigenous to Duval and prized for it's wool that grows all year round and meat used in a delicacy called Oopongnyja. Like its cousin, the sheep, it's wool is used in clothing and blankets. It was first thought to have gone extinct many years ago from over killing and thought of as a legend, but a herd was discovered living along the high sea cliffs. With hooves like a pig, curly wool, and a face like a rodent, it truly is an odd animal. Most are brown in colour, some appear to be black. Very rarely, but possible, do you see a sandy coloured one. It is said that if you should happen upon one, they were to bring you good luck. If you saw a dead one, someone in your family would die soon. The chihookna eats mostly grass and has a thirst for chanoogawa berries. Sometimes, they will even eat insects. They are excellent swimmers even though they appear to never be wet (water-proof fur). The animal likes to travel in herds of 20. They are quite shy and docile creatures with one violent tendency. Like most animals, they like to bite. Mothers still nursing young will forget their nature and attack anything perceived as a threat. They generally mate during fall, and chihooks are born in late April. Females can have 5-12 chihooks at a time. Males take care of the little ones between feedings while the mothers replenish the nutrients they had lost. When a baby chihookna calls for its mother, it is said to sound just like a little child crying. Full-grown chihooknas sound like a cow infested with mad cow disease while running from a mob of zombies.

M i n u x e
Jiggly Jell-o

Old 04-22-2013, 02:48 AM

This is Day Six
This creature is a(n): Figglumb
This is its story: The adorable figglumb is the most popular pet among Duvalians. This creature was originally discovered in South America by traders who fell in love with it and brought it over to Duval. Since then it has been loved by all and continues to be a close companion to countless Duvalians.
Figglumbs are known for their adorable personalities. They are extremely affectionate creatures that also show great loyalty and playfulness. They are known to happily spend hours on your lap and always love to be cuddled. They also enjoy running around with their owners and playing tag. Figglumbs are also very intelligent creatures that can be potty-trained in 2 weeks and be taught to perform almost any trick (even simple tasks) with time and patience.
Figglumbs have a very keen sense of smell (roughly 15 times better than a human's) as well as good hearing (roughly 5 times better than humans). Their eyesight is roughly as acute as a human's but they are limited to only the blue and green color spectrum. Due to their excellent sense of smell, many Fibblumbs are used by the police and military to sniff out drugs, bombs, and humans (during rescue missions). They are also used by people hunting for other animals or searching for rare plants.
Figglumbs are omnivores that can eat everything that humans can eat, which makes them extremely easy to feed. Most families with figglumbs simply feed them the leftovers of whatever they are eating.
One thing figglumbs love doing above all else is play in puddles. After it rains you can see many figglumbs out on the street rolling around and splashing in shallow puddles. They can easily spend an hour playing in a puddle before moving on to other activities. They also love taking baths, which is really good because they require at least one bath a day in order to keep their fur perfectly curled.
Another thing figglumbs are known for is their behavior when sleeping. Figglumbs always sleep with their owners because they can only fall asleep when there is a source of body heat nearby. They adopt an extremely cute curled up position when they fall asleep and it is common to see the owner hugging their figglumb as they both sleep.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 04-22-2013, 02:56 AM

Time for a new critter soon?

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Send a message via Yahoo to Cardinal Biggles

Old 04-22-2013, 03:03 AM

At 9 PT, yes.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 04-22-2013, 03:07 AM

Sweet! I'm excited for a new critter. These have been fun. XD

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-22-2013, 03:28 AM

Entries updated.

Got sidetracked by Tumblr.

iamnotspam
\ (•◡•) /
Banned

Old 04-22-2013, 03:41 AM

Daaaaaang.
I've been writing these entries
all wrong all along. >.<
I hate that. >.<

*Scooooooots in with her entry for the third day in a row*

This is Day Six
This creature is a(n): Sheep Pig, or Pigsheep
This is its story:
"Yoo're twal years auld noo Daniel, an' sae it's time tae teach ye hoo tae tak' caur ay th' sheep pig; an' ne'er min' callin' them pigsheep -- that's Irelain's way ay daein' things." A rather burly Scottish farmer spoke to his wiry son by the barn and under a grey sky.
"But Faither, th' sun isnae e'en up yet." The boy replied, ready to go back to bed. But his father let out a deep rumbling laugh.
"That's a guid oan, Son. Ay coorse th' sin isnae up yit. that's th' best time ay day tae start yer wark; when th' animals wake up, yoo'll awreddy be thaur tae tak' caur ay them. If ye dornt tak' caur ay th' animals, 'en th' animals willnae tak' caur ay ye."
"But Faither, th' animals dun tak' care ay us. We tak' care ay them."
"Noo, that's nae true. uir animals an' craps is whit brings in uir bunsens sae we can eat an' clothe oorselves, laddie. Ye woods nae loch tae be runnin' aroond naked, noo woods ye?

Noo, nae mair protest. it's time we took caur ay th' animals. Yoo'll start wi' th' pig sheep." They walked into the barn together, son after father, and approached the just-waking pig sheep. "Noo th' first hin' ye main learn tae dae is comb their wool; it'll suin be time tae shae them, an' uir fowk tradition is tae keep their wool clean an' brushed afair shavin'. Ye main brush softly enaw tae nae harm th' animals, but firmly enaw tae remove th' tangles. caa it tae me when ye hink aam dain. an' dinnae use yer cellphain -- Ah see 'at pooch bulgin' -- as Ah did nae brin' mine wi' me. sometimes those ringtones scaur th' animals. An' animals need a healthy an' stable environment. I'll be by th' cows."

An hour or so later, the father returned to see how his son was doing. "Guid wark. ye can finish 'at later. Noo it's time tae feed th' animals. Sheep pig require a healthy blended diit ay fruit, vegetables, an' girse wheat. Yoo'll fin' some in a corner up in th' loft. Fetch it an' fill th' sheep pig's troogh; an' while yoo're at it ye main an aw feed th' normal sheep tay. 'En come tae me when yoo're dain - I'll be wi' th' horses."
Daniel groaned, but did as he was told; and when he was finished, he went to the horses's stalls and started to wait as his father finished grooming the black one, but his father had already seen him. "Gang hae breakfest Son. Eat quickly, yoo've mair wark tae dae afair lunch. I've awreddy hud mine."

After a nice breakfast of porridge with cinnamon and a glass of milk, Daniel found his father attending to the goats.
"Aam back, Faither. Aam sorry if aam late; Mammy makes a guid breakfast." The boy explained respectfully.
"Yoo're jist in time, Son. Dinnae worry. Noo gang an' observe th' sheep pigs. Dae ye see anythin' strange abit them?" The father replied, continuing his work.
Daniel went to the sheep pig's side of the barn and watched them for nearly fifteen minutes before he spotted anything; he returned to his father to speak of his discovery. "Faither, a coople ay th' sheep pig ur nuzzlin' each other."
"That's whit Ah thooght. it's a bit early but it seems they're gettin' ready tae mucker. We main observe them frae noo oan an' make sure th' females dornt fight ower th' males; they can gie brutal wi' each other. An' th' males dornt min' a bloody bit. Weel ye know hoo tae tak' caur ay th' sheep pig noo. Frae tomorrow oan yoo'll be takin' caur ay them every day. Noo gang tak' yer dogs fur a braw lang walk while Ah hae a chat wi' yer Mammy."

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-22-2013, 03:43 AM

Just under the wire again. ;D

Day Six is over.

Will be updating front page shortly.

iamnotspam
\ (•◡•) /
Banned

Old 04-22-2013, 03:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Howdy View Post
Just under the wire again. ;D
Well, you know, it's like you
said before: I live dangerously.
Well, it was either you or Cardinal Biggles
who said that, anyway. xD
Did I mention that I tried to ping them
once as Captain Biggles?

P.S. I wrote my entry in Scottish brogue
by using this Scottie Translator?
So I apologize ahead of time if you have difficulties
understanding the brogue. xD
I didn't edit out much of the brogue at all. xD

Last edited by iamnotspam; 04-22-2013 at 03:52 AM..