Originally Posted by Captain Howdy View Post
I'm sure if Biggles and I had a baby, that's what it would be called. :P
Oh? Are you expecting? Or trying? xP
Since you already have the name down... xD

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-22-2013, 03:54 AM

No sir, my man-womb is closed for business.

iamnotspam
\ (•◡•) /
Banned

Old 04-22-2013, 04:06 AM

LOL I had no idea that
you had a man-womb. xD
Nor did I need to know. xD
Also, you called me a sir. ;~~~;
*must so unfeminine that she completely
looks like a guy even online*
Even my avatar is crying now.

Last edited by iamnotspam; 04-22-2013 at 04:08 AM..

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-22-2013, 04:19 AM

Just a general term. Not specifically directed at you.

twotickets
full of sound and fury (you know...

Old 04-22-2013, 04:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
Yeah, well, the rest of my Pokemon team were in their level 30s ~ 50s. xDDD;;

I only use one Pokemon to do ALL my trainer/gym battles, so the main Pokemon is always super strong compared to the rest of them. The rest of them I get at as low a level as possible and raise them to be around level 30 ~ 50, so they can be cannon fodder while I resurrect my main Pokemon in a tough battle like with Red. x'D
Makes sense, I guess. There are way too many to make them all super strong, I'd think.

iamnotspam
\ (•◡•) /
Banned

Old 04-22-2013, 04:37 AM

@Captain Howdy: Well....
Okay then.... >.>
*offers you a cookie*

twotickets

Old 04-22-2013, 04:52 AM

This is Day Seven
This creature is a(n): Lacertilia Pavo Cristatus, colloquially known as the "Pierrot"

This is its story: The pierrot is a natural entertainer. A consummate mimic and prankster, this creature loves to make fun of other animals and has been recorded mimicking no fewer than 150 other species. Among the pierrot's favorite capers are the "I stole your food when you thought you were being attacked," the "someone is watching you pee," the "where is that scary noise coming from?" and the most-often played "here, have extra children."

While the pierrot prefers to eat nuts, seeds, and berries, it does not enjoy the work of collecting or storing them for the leaner winter months when they are out of season. To counter its natural laziness and inability to find storage places with structural integrity, the pierrot generally relies upon making other animals with a sense of humor laugh; these animals (particularly monkeys and squirrels) generally so favor the pierrot that they do not mind when small amounts of their stores go missing. From time to time, the pierrot steals from easily-angered, weaker birds, generally imitating the cackling laughter of a hyena if it does so.

The pierrot is also a fan of shiny objects and brassieres, which it will steal without hesitation if such objects are easy to grasp and light enough for it to carry. It uses these things to decorate its lair, which is usually a hole in a tree often stolen from some other bird.

Due to its lack of wings, the pierrot has become an accomplished climber and is quite skilled at leaping from tree to tree, swinging from vines, and climbing sheer rock-faces like a gecko (the two species are in fact closely related). The pierrot prefers, however, to remain motionless in sunlit areas, which warm its blood.

Unlike with many colorful species, the pierrot's interesting markings have little to do with mating rituals. They appear instead to be intended to help the pierrot mimic other species and thus blend in to the dense jungle foliage it calls home. Pierrot mating rituals are instead focused upon the gifting of shiny objects and upon the male's ability to produce what sounds like unique beatboxing rhythms for the female recipient of his attentions.

The pierrot's offspring are generally dumped into the nest of a neighboring bird or lizard to be raised; these offspring (as many as five eggs) are almost never rejected regardless of the strain to the family unit, and for this reason, the pierrot is one of the few colorful species on Duval that has suffered no reduction in population in 150 years.

Pierrots make interesting pets but are generally not recommended for domestication, as they tend to bite.

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 04-22-2013, 01:22 PM

This is Day Seven
This creature is a(n): Sulacinus - Red Beaked Braguna
This is its story: The Red Beak Braguna is a stranger creature that only inhabits very remote areas of the island of Duval, but those that spot it will never forget it. Living on the rocky shores of quiet beaches, the Red Beaked Braguna is equip to swim very well as well as climb the rocks and even trees nearby. This strange creature prefers to live away from any human activity and many Duvalanians haven't even heard of such an animal. So this is why it is being brought to the Duval museum.

Red Beaked Braguna have a diet that entirely consists on algae, seaweed, and small crustaceans like crab, shrimps, and small clams and oysters. They have strikingly fast and sharp beaks that are able to collect their food without too much trouble, and their long toes allow them to swim quickly and efficiently towards their prey (the one that move, that is).

Under the water, the Braguna are swift, graceful, and elegant looking creatures. With long legs that guide them easily through the currents, a long tail that serves as a propeller, and smooth feathers that deflects water and prevents the creature from becoming waterlogged, one would think they belong only to the sea, but the Braguna also has a life on land, a much less graceful look. Though they are better in the sea, this creature lives in a large flock on the rocky shores, an ultimate paradise for them all.

On land, the Red Beaked Braguna looks rather odd walking on such long legs and dragging a scaly tail behind a feathered body, but the mate never cares about that. What they prefer is the ruffled feather around the neck. A male will spread his neck feathers to appear like some spiky mane around his neck. He then will bob up and down while picking one leg up and then the other. The dance will attract a mate if she finds him good enough and if she does, she will join in to dance with him, fluffing her feather and bobbing and hobbling with him. Both in perfect unison. It is quite an odd sight, especially when nearly every Red Beaked Braguna is doing the same dance.

A nest is then built out of sand, stone, and dried seaweed to protect the bright red eggs. The eggs are so bright that predators can spot them too easily, but the Braguna have a strange defense. When one of these creatures spots or hears a signs of danger, they let out a high pitched wail sound, much like a cat fight, and then rapidly flaps its long head feathers which results in it being momentarily lifted ten to fifteen feet of the air, alerting every other Braguna in the flock. They all take to making these awful noises and flapping their neck feathers at the same time making a symphony of noisy wails and loud flaps. All this noise tends to send the predator running, but if that doesn't stop them and they proceed to approach the eggs, the Red Beaked Bragunas will stand around their nests, bodies together and feather flared out making them appear larger and making a solid shield. Any egg eating predator that comes too close will then be attacked by up to ten Bragunas at the same time that break rank. After a fierce attack using beak, claws, and tail smacking the Bragunas run back to form the shield with the rest of their companions and another group then goes out to perform another attack. Usually the predator always runs after a couple attacks, tired of the noisy creatures and of being pecked and scratched. Who could blame it? For this reason researchers always keep their distance when observing this flock, never able to get close enough to collect data or more information on such a strange creature.

Last edited by Velvet; 04-22-2013 at 01:24 PM..

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-22-2013, 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twotickets View Post
Makes sense, I guess. There are way too many to make them all super strong, I'd think.
Well, there was that time when I was so bored with my Crystal that all the Pokemon on my team were level 90+, and I had like two dozen level 100 Pokemon in my PC...

twotickets

Old 04-22-2013, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antagonist View Post
Well, there was that time when I was so bored with my Crystal that all the Pokemon on my team were level 90+, and I had like two dozen level 100 Pokemon in my PC...
THAT
IS
TERRIFYING

Jeannesha
Lost in a cloud

Penpal

Old 04-22-2013, 03:57 PM

This is Day Seven
This creature is a(n): It's an amazing burel-rooted coral tree!
This is its story:
Normally growing underwater, this member of the sponge family is rarely found on land. This specimen is rare because of its fine bright sheen. During the full moon, the coral spawns tiny motes which attract the white crested beaked frogzard.
The frogzard tightly grips it's branches, throws back his head, and belts out Broadway show tunes, bobbing in time to the music. This action results in the highly polished coral tree that you see in front of you.

flamethrower1391
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via Yahoo to flamethrower1391

Old 04-22-2013, 05:47 PM

This is Day Seven
This creature is a(n): Crystal-necked Lizard-tongue Pheasant, most commonly known as the Copper Mongol.
This is its story: An interesting creature, indeed, just by the name. These creatures live within the deep caverns of Duval. Most build their nests around deposits of copper ore. They were discovered back in the 1800s when the caverns were first mined for its rich deposits of various ores and crystals. The animal was once thought to be a legend. Even when the first corpse was shown to the public, scientists scoffed. An animal with crystal-like protrusions jutting out from it's neck couldn't be real. A live specimen was then captured and examined (The scientist having his ear bit off in the process).

These bird-lizards' diet consist mostly of bugs that reside in the caverns. Some choose to venture out into the night for some mice or berries. Their forked tongues are excellent for getting bugs out of small cracks and holes, while their beaks are used for crushing bones of their prey. Their long toes help them to climb into trees and steal hatchlings from their nests (while leaving a scent behind for the parents, their next meal, to seek them out).

Males feathers can come in any colour from a dark, simmering blue to a fiery red, and the crystals around their necks glistening like the snow on a sunny day. Females are quite dull with feathers the same colour as their scales and smaller crystals that are opaque. Like most bird species, the feathers tend to be for mating. But with this species, they have another purpose. To blend in with their surroundings. Those with green feathers travel out into the forest, searching for food or things to make nests. The red-feathered ones stay in the caverns and protect the young. They work together like a colony of ants.

They have many calls. When in danger, they yell "Get out, fool". Tends to scare away their predator, the Wooly Wombatas, more than warn others around them. When mating season comes around, males will sing sweet melodies like "Bringing Sexy Back" or "Shake Your Booty". Their hatchlings sound like Welsh children cussing at one another.

Nephila
The Serpent Bride

Penpal

Old 04-22-2013, 06:24 PM

This is Day Seven
This creature is a(n): Frilled Fine Feathered Dinobird AKA the Harlot Raptor
This is its story:
Often called The Dinobird this Avian Reptilian species is known for it's laugh like mating call and brilliant plumage. Unlike most beasts in the animal kingdom it's the female that sports the fancy plumage and seeks multiple partners. It's this fact that often leads these creatures to be refereed to as Harlot Raptors.

Often when adventure campers are camping out in the deserts of menewsha it'll come close to their fires to rest. Relishing the heat they provide and the attention of the campers. They're very curious and are surprisingly not shy around humans. Their clawed fingers are very nimble and agile. They're natural problem solvers and enjoy undoing and retying knots. Much to the ire of the campers sleeping inside tents.

Despite all their beautiful plumage and problem solving skills, these creatures are seen as pests by many rural people. Farmers often report them unhinging their livestock gates and poking holes in their feed bags. Which is curious behavior since they are strictly insectivores feeding on neither cattle or grains. One Scientist remarked "It's like they have a very odd sense of humor. and enjoy seeing you chase after them. Like a game of Pick up cup played by a naughty baby."

twotickets

Old 04-22-2013, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannesha View Post
This is Day Seven
This creature is a(n): It's an amazing burel-rooted coral tree!
This is its story:
Normally growing underwater, this member of the sponge family is rarely found on land. This specimen is rare because of its fine bright sheen. During the full moon, the coral spawns tiny motes which attract the white crested beaked frogzard.
The frogzard tightly grips it's branches, throws back his head, and belts out Broadway show tunes, bobbing in time to the music. This action results in the highly polished coral tree that you see in front of you.

I like that you made it about the tree.

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Send a message via Yahoo to Cardinal Biggles

Old 04-22-2013, 11:24 PM

All entries added to the first page.

Good showing today, guys!

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-23-2013, 12:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twotickets View Post
THAT
IS
TERRIFYING
Whaaa why? I was so proud of myself for getting through with that many Pokemon. Of course, they were all my favorites so I had to patience to do it, I don't think I'd have the patience to train a Raticate to level 100...

Captain Howdy
L'Enfant Terrible

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-23-2013, 12:43 AM

Yes indeedy. Fabu.

It won't be easy for Miss Biggs and I to come to a decision.

We'll probably have to duel.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-23-2013, 01:04 AM

This is Day Seven
This creature is a(n): Blue-Legged Crust-Neck
This is its story: The Blue-Legged Crust-Neck is often affectionately dubbed as a Puffer due to the ring of ridges around its neck that they will puff up when surprised or angered. These raccoon-sized creatures are only ever spotted in caverns and mines, where minerals, metal, and precious stones can be found. It is speculated that these creatures may be eating the rocks and metal, as the color of their ridges usually reflect the type of mineral deposit within the cavern or mine. A Crust-Neck living in a gold mine would have gold spines and a Crust-Neck living in a diamond mine would have white, semi-transparent spines.

Blue-Legged Crust-Necks could often be seen pecking at the stones within a cavern or cave, and it has been observed that their beaks are exceptionally powerful and hard, enough to crack open rocks that would easily require a jackhammer for a human to do the same. When alarmed or in danger, they would often send an avalanche onto the offender by striking at a weak spot within the cave. Their claws and the pads below them allow them to climb onto smooth surfaces, and their feather-like scales are sleek and smooth enough that they are able to wriggle through many tight places within the cave, making them very difficult to pursue after or capture.

Not much are known about these creatures, though miners often come across them when digging through an abundant mine, therefore they are taken as omens of good fortune in some parts of the world, most notedly in Duval. From the amount and coloration of the ridges on a Blue-Legged Crust-Neck, one can tell if the mine is plentiful or not worth investing. If a mine has been depleted, the Crust-Necks will move on to another mine, either by traveling on land at night or digging through the ground, looking for more minerals and metals to devour along the way.

It is a popular theory that they attract mates by their plumage of ridges, and miners would often hear strange, echoing songs warbling through the darkness, with a voice that is disturbingly human-like. There are no known cases of a Crust-Neck being able to speak human words like a parrot, however. Their eggs appear to be a solid chunk of whatever mineral they have eaten most, where there had been an unfortunate case where a miner found what appeared to be a giant chicken egg-sized diamond, only to have it crack open later to reveal a tiny, scaleless yet fully ridge-necked Crust-Neck. Sadly, the hatchling passed away just minutes later.

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 04-23-2013, 01:15 AM

This is Day Seven
This creature is a(n): Iridescent Peacock Gullzilla
This is its story: This is a baby male Iridescent Peacock Gullzilla.This creature is 75% lizard and 25% bird. It is also the largest lizard native to Duval. A full grown adult can be anywhere from 3 to 5 feet in length and weigh up to an average of 100 pounds. Larger males of the species can weigh closer to 150 to 200 pounds. The Gullzilla lives mainly in the ocean around the island and the coastal regions, but it has been seen further inland on occasion. This is usually during mating season. It seems that Gullzilla prefer the rich warm soils around the base of the volcano to make their nests and lay their eggs.Their preferred habitat is within the coral reefs that surround the island. Making their homes in large hole within the coral and rock. Some of these holes have tunnels leading to undersea caverns and caverns beneath the island itself.

The female Iridescent Peacock Gullzilla does not have the iridescent collar around it's neck and their skin is more of a greyish teal than that of the males. Like many creatures the male of the species is brightly colored to attracted the female of the species. The males also put on a ritualistic dance to attract a female during mating season. One of the attributes that both the male and female share is that they have 3 sets of eye lids that protect it's eyes while swimming under water. They have sharp beaks that are used for pecking and tearing meat. These creatures are strictly carnivores with a diet that mostly consists of fish and shellfish. They may not have webbed feet, but they are powerful and excellent swimmers. Using their front paws they are able to grasp their prey to catch it.

Another unique attribute of these creatures is that they their skin secrets a poison when they are on land. This poison can kill if not treated within 30 minutes. For hundreds of years Duvalians have collected the poison from this strange creature and used it for many things. Adding it to weapons for hunting, to make slaves, medicines and they are finding new uses for it as well. Every year the males shed their iridescent collars after mating season. These iridescent spikes can be compared to metal in strength. Just like the poison Duvalians have been repurposing these spikes as well. They have been used for weapons, armor, jewelry, art, etc. What they are used for depends on the quality and size of the spike.

iamnotspam
\ (•◡•) /
Banned

Old 04-23-2013, 02:37 AM

@Captain Howdy: I can't tell whether to be
amused or mortified of that image in your siggy
of a black-haired guy in a lolita maid outfit eating cake....
XD

Antagonist: Your avatar is scaring me... Dx

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-23-2013, 02:44 AM

Sorry!

I wanted to try out the Estella skirts but I have no idea what to put on along with it...

iamnotspam
\ (•◡•) /
Banned

Old 04-23-2013, 02:45 AM

Antagonist: But--but--but---IT'S A MALE IN A SKIRT

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 04-23-2013, 03:03 AM

What's wrong with males in skirts?!

(And no need to ping me to this thread, I check the all the stickies in this event that I have posted in before~)

Cardinal Biggles
Patron Saint of Pigeons🌙

Send a message via Yahoo to Cardinal Biggles

Old 04-23-2013, 03:09 AM

I like men in skirts