Andraus
Most shy away from conflict. I e...

Old 11-06-2015, 12:17 AM

Alora would run off into the distance. It wouldn't take long before she returned, holding package wrapped in cloth.

The Long-sword. It was obvious that there was master care taken with this blade. The craftmenship was beyond the skill of any ordinary smith, and the sword itself felt....alive. This was the weapon that Aphelia wore into combat with the demons. This was Story-Weaver, Soul of Faded Memories. It was most likely designed by someone.....not human.

Kory
Spooky Action at a Distance

Old 11-06-2015, 04:18 AM

Sophie took very special care in handling the sword as she took it from Alora. It felt... Different. Different from any other sword she'd held or wielded before, and especially different from her own blade. Still, she felt a powerful connection to it once she had laid hands on it. It truly was a beautiful weapon and she could only hope she'd do good with it, as Aphelia had done in the past.

"Thank you very much!" Sophie held Story-Weaver close to her chest and she bowed repeatedly for Mr. and Mrs. Imperii. "I cannot express my thanks enough! This is a beautifully crafted weapon. I will do my best to do it the justice it deserves!"

Looking down at the sword in her hands, it felt as though the sword had spirit, something she'd never felt with any other blade. She was quite excited to use it in combat, still, she'd give it the utmost care and gentleness that it deserved.

Andraus

Old 11-06-2015, 12:29 PM

"That is a spirit blade. It's very rare to have one of them outside of our bastard kings family."Filius said, pointedly looking away from the blade. Bad memories, most likely.

"Though I don't appreciate his tone when he talks about our king, he is right: That blade is a spirit blade, forged with a soul of it's own. "Serena said, looking at the blade. "Contacting the Spirit is simple: You need only bleed on it. "She said to Sophie.

Kory

Old 11-08-2015, 10:44 PM

Sophie wondered about the king, and why Filius didn't like him very much. While Sophie's father was always very adamant about politics, he never spoke to them around Sophie. She had guessed because his views may influence Sophie's view on life... Her parents, after all, wanted Sophie to go out and discover her own values and morals rather than setting them for her.

Sophie listened carefully... Just bleed on it to contact a spirit? She didn't know what spirit to contact. There were so many people she'd lost in life, many who's blood is dried up now and no longer able to be reached. Still, she kept the information handy in her mind, should the need for the spirit contact come up.

"This is amazing. I've never seen a blade like this before. It's such an honor to even hold it. Thank you so much, Ma'am. Sir. I will protect this blade with my life!"

Andraus

Old 11-08-2015, 11:08 PM

(Note: Not a spirit, the Spirit.)

Matthias would pat her back. "It is alright, Sophie. Though, I warn you, Never use the blade unless in great need. Power corrupts easily, our list of tyrants can confirm that easily. "He said, now looking towards her Zweihänder. "If you want, the Blacksmith could fix that up for you. Heck, I could, if given the time. "He said to her. "A warrior is shown by the quality of her weapon, so it is our responsibility to make sure they're in the best shape."he said to her.

Kory

Old 11-09-2015, 11:33 PM

"Oh... Thank you very much, Sir." Sophie smiled, then took another glance at her own blade. She appreciated the offer, but... "Thank you, but I think I like my sword as it is. I'll learn to wield it properly someday."

Sophie took careful consideration in what Matthias had said, though. She thought the idea of getting her own sword fixed and taken care of would have been amazing, but, she had a lot of sentiment for it. She liked it the way it was, even if it was a little rusty. Sophie looked at Matthias again and smiled,

"I do appreciate the offer, though, Sir."

Andraus

Old 11-09-2015, 11:59 PM

"Oh no no no, I never said change it. I mean fix the rust and all that. "He said, as they began walking towards the restaurant. "Your sword is perfect as it is, but unless fixed up, it won't last long in a prolonged fix. Rust could create a weak point in the blade, big enough for the blade to shatter. All I would do is replace the rust with metal of the same type. Quick, simple, and it harms the blade none. "he said to her. "Also, if you don't mind me saying, taking care of it would be a great way to show sentiment. I treat all my weapons as if my life depended on them....which, given my position, they do."

Kory

Old 11-11-2015, 12:30 AM

Sophie's brow wrinkled when Matthias mentioned her blade shattering. That was one thing she would hate to see happen to her beloved sword. "Oh! I wouldn't want that to happen..." Sophie said. "I guess it wouldn't hurt to get it fixed, then. It's been a while since it's had some tender, loving care, anyway."

Sophie pulled her blade, Valentine, out from it's sheath and held it up to study it for a moment. Then, she held it out to Matthias, still smiling. "It's my favorite blade, I'm sure it will be better once it's no longer rusted. I appreciate this very, very much, Sir."

Though Sophie was excited to get her sword repaired, she was more excited to find out about Aphelia's blade. Interesting that the soul of any creature could be read and computed just by bleeding on it. Though, she wondered to herself when she'd ever seen such power.

Andraus

Old 11-11-2015, 12:51 AM

Matthias took the weapon, glancing at it from all angles. "This weapon is meant for a master, but I saw that you carried it as well as anyone whose mastered it. You show great promise as a warrior, I can tell. "he said. "The rust on this is water damage, most likely. That would explain the extra weight. Fixing it should help." He told her, gently handing it back. "I will repair it after dinner. Whose hungry, everyone?"

Alora jumped up. "I am!"

Filius had his arms behind his head, smiling. "I may have worked up an appetite....."He said, but held his stomach as it growled, quite loudly.

Kory

Old 11-12-2015, 01:32 AM

Sophie giggled when Filius' stomach began to roar. She smiled at him and turned to Matthias.

"I could use some sustenance myself."

Sophie was a little surprised that Filius seemed a little more accosting if the idea of eating with his family. As much as Sophie had hoped the spend more time with Filius alone, she had welcomed the idea of getting to know his family better. Sophie let her hand slide into Filius' and she leaned in to plant a kiss on his cheek.

"This will be fun." Sophie smiled at Filius, leaning closer to him. It was exciting to meet his family. She hoped they would approve of her, but after talking with them, she was fairly certain she had nothing to worry about.

Andraus

Old 11-12-2015, 04:05 AM

The Restaurant was obviously well kept, most likely a family-owned place. Matthias, Serana, Alora, and Filius sat at the same table, capable of seating 8 people. Filius would pat the spot next to him, obviously wishing for Sophie to sit next to him. While they awaited for their waiter, Filius spoke up. "Dad, you were a great weapon master back in your day, Maybe you got some good advice for Sophie?"he asked him.

"The girl knows the basics, and she has the skill to advance from them. If I tried to tamper with it, it wouldn't feel satisfying for her. Rising above as a weapon-master is a solitary glory, meant for someone to enjoy alone. "he said. "It's like...Imagine if you're a piece of marble, constantly getting chipped away at. One day, the last of the crap falls off, and it's visible who you are. That's a proud day, for anyone. "he said to Filius. "I wouldn't take that from her."

Serana was stirring a small cup of tea. She then lifted her hand away, as the spoon stirred itself. "Why not tell her some old stories from our Mercenary days?"she asked, lifting the cup up with magic, and drinking it.

Matthias just rubbed the back of his head. "Eh, I don't know....."he would look towards Sophie. "Would you be interested in that sort of thing?"

Kory

Old 11-13-2015, 12:55 AM

Sophie sat beside Filius, smiling to him as well as the rest of his, seemingly really lovely family. It was... different to be in such a fancy, and well kept restaurant. Sophie felt a little awkward and shy being in such an amazing place. She couldn't recall seeing any place of business more beautiful. Her family could never afford something as fancy as this.

Sophie was paying very close attention to Serena's tea cup. Sophie awkwardly stirred her own tea and was at a loss for words, feeling awfully inferior compared to such majestic people. She averted her gaze and stared down at her tea cup. Seeing her reflection in the tea as the liquid settled. She couldn't find the words to explain how she felt, she just understood that she was suddenly feeling very unworthy of being Filius' girlfriend.

Sophie almost didn't hear when Matthias had asked her a question. Her head shot up and she looked at him, "Oh... Yes, Sir. I don't mind hearing your Mercenary tales." She feigned a smile. She truly was interested, but a part of her felt a little worried that the tales of Matthias' greatness would only make her feel like she was basking in mediocrity even more.

Andraus

Old 11-13-2015, 06:57 AM

Matthias saw Sophies reaction, and a small smile toyed on his lips. "Well....."Matthias pulled out a small box. Tapping it lightly revealed it was a 'Memory Seal', which displayed various memories to.....sometimes agonizing details.

~25 years prior~

a Younger Matthias was walking through a keep with 3 others at his back, one of which was a Younger Serena. Matthias would check his map. He looked no older than Filius or Sophie's age. He then growled as he stuffed the map into his pocket, throwing his hands in the air. "Santharia on a crutch, how do they expect us to find a single piece of jewelry in this accursed place?" He yelled.

Serena just huffed at him lightly. "It's your fault we're in this mess! 'It's five thousand gold pieces, how can we pass that up?!'. Did you stop to think that maybe, just maybe, there was a REASON it was so expensive you dolt?!"Serena said, tapping her staff on the ground. Obviously, this was well before the time they finally got together.

A female, Lisbeth Owyns, clad mainly in black, and wielding a rather sinister looking staff, placed her hand on both of their shoulders. She then bent down, and tapped on the floor. It was a magic trap- now disabled. "With your bickering, you were about to step right in that....."she said.

Matthias rubbed the back of his head, obviously embarrassed that he missed something like that. "erh, I would've noticed it!......"He bluffed.

"Uh, yeah, we were just talking! "Serena said, crossing her arms. She then looked around. "Hey, where is Melchior?"she asked.

A bustling noise would be heard, causing the whole group to tense up. When they went around the corner, they saw it was only Melchior Omerta digging through a chest. He looked up when he saw everyone was staring at him. ".....what?"he asked, holding a handful of gold coins

"Alittle warning would BE NICE!"Llsbeth said, rubbing her head.

"You guys were having fun with your quarrel, and it turned out alright. "He said, pointing towards a pedestal. "It's over there."

Matthias sighed. "Melchior, you magnificent bastard. "Matthias ran over, and snatched up the piece.

Serena yelled. "Wait you dolt, don't-"

Too late. As Matthias removed the jewelry piece, the keep walls opened up, revealing skeletal guardians. They all grouped up into the center of the room, back to back. Matthias drew a greatsword, Melchior grabbed his daggers, Serena cast up a shield, and Lisbeth summoned fire to her hands. As they started closing, Matthias yelled. "CAN'T SOMETHING GO RIGHT FOR A CHANGE?!"

~Present~

Matthias stopped the memory, and held his head, obviously embarrassed. "I wasn't THAT much of a dolt...."

Serena just laughed, placing the tea-cup down. "Yes you were......we all were. But you grew up to be the dolt I fell in love with...."she said, a small on her face.

The underline message, however, would be clear: Matthias was trying to tell Sophie that, despite his success and accomplishments, he didn't start out like that. He wasn't a prodigy, or a noble. He was just a regular kid with big dreams, and life worked out for him. What he was trying to say it that everyone started from somewhere.

Kory

Old 11-17-2015, 02:50 AM

Sophie watched the memory with awe and curiosity in her eye. It was quite fascinating to see how dorky and rather adorable Matthias and Serena were when they were she and Filius' ages. Sophie laughed at some part of the memory, and remained quiet as a church mouse through the rest. When it had faded. Sophie turned to Matthias, a Cheshire Cat grin on her face.

The story certainly made her feel a bit better about herself. Perhaps one of these days she and Filius will do something splendid! Perhaps one of these days Sophie will become a hero and elements will be shared of all she'd accomplished and become. Perhaps. Sophie offered a smile to Matthias.

"That was a pleasant story, Sir. I'm very glad you shared it with me!" And Sophie truly was glad she had to see the memory that he and Serena shared. She could only hope that she and Filius would make such beautiful memories of their own someday.

Andraus

Old 11-18-2015, 04:36 AM

"We all started from somewhere, didn't we? I was just lucky, as was Serena. "he said to her. It should be noted that he didn't mention the other two. But, before questions could be asked, the waiter finally came over, placing their food down. Matthias proceeded to begin wolfing down his meal.

Filius reached under the table, and took Sophie's hand, squeezing it tightly. He had a big smile on his face, as he began eating.

Kory

Old 11-18-2015, 10:09 PM

At first, Sophie ate quietly and as daintly as she could. Hoping to impress Filius' parents, but quickly her hunger transformed her into a ravenous beast and she soon forgot her attempts at politeness and began to scarf down her food quickly as though the world were going to end before she could leave the table.

Sophie only caught herself once her food had nearly completely disappeared. She looked up at the family with eyes wide as plates and began to apologize, "Oh, I'm so sorry... I'm usually not such a messy eater." Sophie's face began to flush and she set down her fork and tried to shrink back in her seat.

Andraus

Old 11-19-2015, 12:18 PM

"Believe me, Sohpie, Your eating style is not unusual. "Serena said, pointing towards the other three, who were eating in a similar manner. "As weapon-masters, you burn through energy like crazy. The fact of how ravenous you are indicates just how hard you train. I heard from my Husband.....that Filius told him he's been giving you private instruction. "Serena said, smiling despite a sad look in her eye. Obviously, the fact that her and Filius didn't see eye to eye bothered her greatly. "He's just like his sister: Won't take no for an answer, won't let you quit, not that his teaching style would allow it. He makes you practice the same thing repeatedly until you do it correctly, and his teaching style works so you don't get frustrated, Don't he?"she asked.

Last edited by Andraus; 11-19-2015 at 09:39 PM..

Kory

Old 11-22-2015, 08:18 AM

"Oh." Sophie giggled nervously. "My parents never thought it was proper for a lady to eat so sloppily. But I can't help it when I'm hungry!" She took another bite, chewing quickly and swallowed before she continued to talk.

"Filius definitely trains me hard. But I'm learning a lot, I wouldn't have it any other way." Her one track mind prevented her from saying much more before she began to dig back into her food, forgetting her surroundings and those she was surrounded by and she devoured her food like an animal. It was delicious, probably too good to scarf down without taking the time to appreciate the sweet, savory and delicious flavors. Sophie didn't begin to slow down until she was close to her last few bites.

"I really appreciate the dinner, Ma'am." Sophie said. "This place is beautiful."

Andraus

Old 11-22-2015, 07:15 PM

(sorry for the wait. I am abit sick right now

"Think nothing of it. This place isn't even close to expensive or pricey. Most family owned restaurants are like this, and it's a good thing too. It shows not only their dedication to their work, but also the time and effort they put into their work places. "She said. "The same could be said for you, and the dedication I can hear in your voice. You are going to be quite the warrior one day. "she said. "It appears Story-weaver will have a new tale to weave. "she finished.

Kory

Old 11-25-2015, 12:02 AM

((That is okay, I have been pretty busy lately too and haven't gotten much chance to RP. I hope you feel better soon.))

Sophie grinned. It was certainly nice to feel so included into such a family. Still, it tugged at the back of her mind that Filius did not get along with his mother. Though, for the life of her, Sophie couldn't figure out why this was. She was a much lovelier woman that Filius had led her to believe. But... why? Madam Serena seemed like an educated, caring mother... So why did Filius feel so poorly towards her? What were the secrets she was hiding?

Sophie turned to look at Filius, giving him a slightly confused, but mostly excited and hopeful face. She loved Filius, but it was beginning to make her wonder if things were not all they appeared to be with this family. Sophie was certain that Filius missed his late sister, and that the entire family had taken a blow from it... But they seemed loving and closely knit, of course, save for Filius' resentment for his mother.

Something didn't seem right and Sophie couldn't put her finger on it. Something was off and she hoped to any entity out there that she would not be caught in the middle of something unpredictable and horrible.

Andraus

Old 11-25-2015, 12:14 AM

After the meal was eaten, and the bill was paid, Matthias wiped his face clean, and stood up. "Whelp. I am sure it's been a long day, for everyone here." he said. "Why don't we all take the time to head home, and get ourselves somewhere more comfortable?"he asked.

"you all go ahead, help Sophie get situated. I need to pay a private visit to someone: alone. "he said, getting up, and leaving the restaurant. His final word obviously meant that he wanted no-one to follow him, but it was rather odd how he would just so brazenly cut everyone out.

Alora would watch after her brother, tapping her finger on the table. When he left, she took a deep sigh. "He never changes.....every time he's here, he visits her all the time."she said. She sounded more sad then anything.

"You know how Filius is Alora, don't judge him too harshly. "Alora said, before sitting up. "Now, come Sophie. I am sure you'd want to see the home you're going to put your feet up at. "she said.

Kory

Old 11-25-2015, 03:39 AM

It worried Sophie that Filius seemed a bit tense as he left. After the dialogue from other family members, she found she wasn't too worried about him being off on his own. (Or her being with the family on her own) Though, she had hoped to accompany him, before he left, Sophie opened her mouth to ask Filius if he was sure he wanted to go alone, but he'd abruptly left before she had gotten the chance to say anything.

Sophie sighed, since their arrival they hadn't gotten much chance to spend time together. Not that Sophie was complaining, Filius had a beautiful family and she had hoped that soon she would get the chance to share her own family with Filius, but for now, she simply watched as Filius stood and walked away.

"Ah... Yes, Ma'am. I'd love to see your home." Sophie feigned a smile. She truly did want to see Filius' home, but she was still worried for her significant other. He didn't seem like himself since they arrived, he was much quieter and him leaving like this so quickly wasn't like him either... Still, Sophie knew better than to worry.

Andraus

Old 11-25-2015, 04:25 AM

Matthias would lead the small group to a house, on the upper section of the city. Well, house wasn't accurate- It was a rather large mansion. Matthias waved his hand. "This was the home given to me, for my appointed office......too damn big, but at least the pool keeps us cool in the warm weather.

Inside the house was a sleek marble interior, There were servants keeping the place clean (obviously the family didn't use all the rooms, so it was mainly dusting). Most of the house was decorated with portraits and artifacts from Matthias and Serena's early years. There was also a small room dedicated to someone: Filius's sister, Alessia.

There were few artifacts in this room, but it was obvious that this was more for sentimental value then anything. Above a small urn, there was also a large portrait of a Tall imposing woman that Sophie would faintly recognize as Alessia, serving in the Demon-slaying regiment.

Kory

Old 11-30-2015, 03:57 AM

Upon arrival at the mansion, Sophie realized it was much bigger than she had expected. The rooms, however, were smaller than she'd expected. (In Sophie's mind each room would be the size of a ballroom, she was rather pleased when she saw that not all of the rooms were not quite that big.) But the one room that made her awfully curious was the room that seemed to be like a shrine in memory of someone lost. Probably Filius' late sister, rest her soul. When Matthias continued to walk, Sophie drifted behind, taking everything in.

The room with the memorial items kept Sophie very, very curious. She wanted to know what had happened to Filius' sister. Before he left, she had t seen much of her, and after he'd returned he didn't speak much if her either. And Sophie, frankly, never thought to push the subject on him. She never saw a need... But now, there was something off about the family that Sophie felt she needed to rectify. There was something missing in their beautiful-perfect-we-are-not-that-dysfunctional charade that Sophie couldn't quite place. Filius's parents seemed to be very proud of their daughter, and they paid her great respect and honor for creating a room dedicated to her memory.... So why was Filius so upset? What was missing?

The more Sophie stared at the picture next to the urn, the more she realized that Filius looked at lot like his sister. Sophie regretted that she never got the chance to meet her better acquaintance. She seemed like a pleasant person. When Sophie saw all that she wanted to see, she left the room and caught up with Matthias, continuing the tour of the mansion.

Andraus

Old 11-30-2015, 12:46 PM

Matthias continued to show her various recreation rooms, such as for painting and reading....also for experimentation with various chemicals, and a weapons room, which had...well, if it could be made, and it was meant to kill something, it was in there. Obviously, despite being retired adventurers, the two of them tried to keep themselves busy with relics from the old days. Matthias looked around at the weapon room with a grin. "While you're here, and you feel like testing your skill set, you can try out any of these you like, except- "He would walk over to a set of black weapon racks and cases. "These. These here are enchanted weapons, could get messy real fast. If you want to try one, let me know. "he said to her.

"Please, I also invite you to try out my selection of herbs and roots for experimentation. As I understand, you were trained to take the path of a magic-caster, but chose weapons over magic. I am curious to see if you would like a refresher on some of your old lessons. "she said. Getting taught by a master of the craft probably wasn't a bad idea.

Alora walked up behind Sophie with a grin. "I know someone else who would be interested in seeing you again...Homeward! Come here boy!"she yelled, as the sound of thudding feet came closer.

A human sized baby dragon would thud into the room, looking around with piqued interest at being called. This was Homeward, a baby dragon that Filius and Sophie raised as children. When Sophie would've last saw him, he was about the size of a dining table. Now he was almost big enough to carry human beings on his back now. Dragons had long lasting memories, and Homeward was no exception. The moment he saw Sophie, he would squeal in delight before rubbing his head against her, obviously glad to see his 'Mommy' as Filius was so fond of calling Sophie.