say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-09-2009, 02:57 AM

Matthew woke to the very irritating sound of his alarm clock, hitting the snooze button with a bit mroe violence then usual. He waited for sleep to take him until the alarm went off again but it was to no avail. Sighing, he shut off his alarm and quickly changed into his classic jeans and t-shirt, deciding to grab a hoodie as well.

Matthew grabbed a quick glass of orange juice and a piece of toast before heading towards his car. He took five minutes sitting behind the wheel, contemplating whether or not to pick up Gena considering what she now knew. Deciding that he was sick of walking on eggshells around her, Matthew drove to her house and waited patiently for her to come to the car.

Gena slid into the passanger's seat quickly, mumbling a 'hello' before Matthew left. They sat the ride in silence until the school where Gena excused herself quickly and hurried off to the building. Matthew rolled his eyes, sure she knew now. Big deal. It wasn't as if her life was drastically changed. She didn't like him, same as always. Matthew sighed before heading off to English class.

Last edited by say-i-love-you; 07-09-2009 at 03:43 AM..

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-09-2009, 03:09 AM

Pulling into the parking lot, Leane noticed the hostility between Gena and Matthew. Grinning, Leane walked over to Matthew and fell into step with him, "Girlfriend troubles? Too bad. Looks like even the rejects reject you now," Leane added with a smirk before walking over to Jenny and Joanna, who were being walked to school by a couple of jocks who were carrying their books for them.

"Everything ready?" Leane asked, her mood completely better now that she let off her frustration on the person who was causing it.

"Yep! Hat's right here," Joanna said holding up the 'drawing' hat.

"Beginning of lunch, right?" added Jenny.

"Yep! That way everyone will be there and we'll get everything sorted right away. Plus they'll have time to figure out when they're coming to the house to walk me to the Ballroom. You guys still coming over to get ready with Georjiano, Paolo, and I?"

Jenny nodded, "Sounds good to me!"

"Same here! But what's up with Sommers?" Joanna asked as she peered over Leane's shoulder at Matt.

Leane didn't even glance at him, but continued walking towards the school, "How should I know? He's an outcast, I wouldn't even give him the time of day much less inquire as to what's wrong with him. Why do you even care?"

"No reason, just curious," quickly responded Joanna.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-09-2009, 03:23 AM

Matthew sighed at Leane's comment. Please don't let her pick me... Matthew prayed silently as he trudged through the halls to English.

"Matt! Hey, Matt!" He heard Ben's voice calling after him. "Look. I know you're totally pissed right now." He said quickly. "And I don't blame you. I'm sorry I tattled. It wasn't my place to tell her. I'm sorry." He said, his voice sad.

"Its fine." Matthew sighed. "Gena will get over it. She doesn't like me so its basically the same as always only she knows. I don't know why she gets all hyped up on an ego trip over it." He said. "Chicks." He sighed, a smile teasing at his lips.

"Sweet forgiveness!" Ben cried a bit loudly.

"Get to class freak." Matthew laughed, punching Ben's arm jokingly before going into the English classroom and taking his usual seat in the back.

Last edited by say-i-love-you; 07-09-2009 at 03:43 AM..

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-09-2009, 03:47 AM

Leane sighed as she left her locker, heading to English. Thank goodness English was her first period class.. she'd be able to submerge herself in an essay and forget about the drawing that was the happen at lunch, and Matt for that matter.

Walking through the door, Leane groaned as she saw Matt sitting in the back. 'Damn.. I thought I was rid of him! Why does he have to be in most of my classes?!' she thought miserably as she took her seat in the center of the room.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-09-2009, 03:55 AM

Matthew stayed oblivous to what was happening in the class, focused on the drawing that began to fill the page on his notebook. Review was so pointless... Matthew sighed.

"Something to add?" The teacher, Miss Jordan, asked with her voice sharp.

Matthew's head snapped up to see Miss Jordan's stern look on him. "No?" He said, his tone making it a question.

"Well you seem disappointed by my review. This will only help you on the final." She answered, clearly annoyed with him. She always did have it out for him.

"Photographic memory will help me on the final." Matthew said sternly, meeting her fierce gaze. "But the effort is appreciated." Miss Jordan's eyes widened slightly at his tone but said nothing more, continuing on with the lesson.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-09-2009, 04:04 AM

Leane chuckled as she said softly in Matt's direction, "Will that photographic memory also help you in remembering the way your dear little Gena brushed you off without a thought? The look on her face was wonderful, feeling quite sorry for you it seemed. You looked rather pathetic! Isn't it funny how even the outcasts are outcasting you?"

Grinning, Leane turned her focus back to the review, glad for something to focus on. Her thoughts kept drifting to Matt, and the thought of Gena and him together was upsetting her - but why should it? She didn't like the outcast, she never had, she hated him with a passion! Why on earth would be be getting so upset that it seemed like jealousy? And why did she keep remembering his eyes - what made his looks so appealing and his eyes so alluring?

What on earth kept drawing her to him?
Was it his smile?
His sarcasm?
The way he seemed to not hang on her every word and was able to see her as something more than a little rich girl with her Daddy wrapped around her finger?

Whatever it was, it was messing with Leane to the point where she simply spoke to him just to hear him speak - even if it was with sarcasm and apparent hate.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-09-2009, 04:10 AM

Matthew's eyes narrowed in on Leane at her comment though he heard no protest from the teacher that Leane had disrupted the class by talking when all Matthew had done was sigh. Typical, stupid teacher... He though bitterly.

"Do you just talk to hear yourself speak?" He questioned, venom dripping from his voice. "What does it matter to you what happens between me and my friends? Maybe it hasn't occured to you yet but you're not exactly the center of the universe." He sneered, knowing the teacher would yell at him later but didn't particularly care.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-09-2009, 04:21 AM

Leane whirled around, a harsh glare gazing at Matt, "Just who the hell do you think you are talking to me like that?! And I don't give a damn about you and your outcast friends! What makes you think I care about you? Did I ever give the impression that I cared about you? Did I ever give the impression that I even liked you? I definitely don't think so! You're getting too high and mighty, Sommers, and I've just about had enough of you! You're a vile cretin who needs to learn his place in this school - a place too low to even notice! You better pray to God I don't run your family out of town!"

Ms. Jordan peered down her glasses at Leane and Matt's outburst. "You two just about finished?"

"Not. Even. Close." replied Leane icily, her eyes never leaving Matt's.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-09-2009, 04:39 AM

Matthew watched Leane's temper rise and he did something he hadn't expected to do. He laughed. Hard. "Wow you are quite the princess." He gasped between laughs. "You don't care about me at all? Really? Is that why you're making a scene?" He laughed. "Get a grip Leane." He advised, his laughter subsiding somewhat though a smile still lingered on his lips. "I know your just dying to pull my name out of your hat so that you can go to the dance with a 'vile cretin'. You are so pathetic." He said as he bit his lip to keep from laughing again.

"Both of you. OUT!" Miss Jordan screeched, her voice reaching a very painful octave. "You're done interrupting my class." She ordered, pointing to the door.

"Fine by me. I wasn't exactly learning anything anyways." Matthew said as he picked up his books and headed for the hallway.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-09-2009, 04:48 AM

Not bothering to grab her books, knowing Joanna would get them after class, Leane stormed out of the classroom, murmuring an apology to Ms. Jordan on her way out.

Storming over to Matt, Leane slapped him across the face, "How dare you! The last thing I'd ever want is to go to the Ball with you! You honestly think I want your outcast presence in my house? Think again Sommers! Only in your little fantasy world would I ever want someone like you!"

Unfortunately for Leane, when her temper rose, so did her tears. Blinking them back so Matt wouldn't see her cry, Leane added icily, "And I'm not a Princess! Nor do I wish to be!"

Pulling her hair out of her bun, Leane turned and started walking away, parting her hair on the right side and pulling it down so it covered her face if one was to see her from the side, trying her best to hide the small tear that had trickled from her eye.

Well, one thing was for certain after this.. Matt didn't see her as more than just a rich girl with her Daddy wrapped around her finger.. he was just like all the other boys in the school. So much for that idea.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-09-2009, 04:57 AM

Matthew felt his temper swell at about the same time his cheek did. "What is the matter with you?" He hissed, chasing after Leane and grabbing her by the arm. "Youthink you can just walk around and slap people?" He asked angrily before noticing that she was crying.

Matthew released her arm, stunned. She had slapped him then she started to cry? Somehow the situation seemed wrong. Matthew spun on his heel and ran off in the opposite direction. Screw Leane. He hoped she got a nice, airhead jock for her date. Though the idea sent a wave of jealousy through him. Definetely something wrong with that situation.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-09-2009, 05:04 AM

Watching Matt head off in the opposite direction, Leane sighed, wondering why he ran away instead of laying into her like she thought he would.

Turning back the other direction, Leane headed for her locker. Opening it, Leane looked into the mirror and fixed her make up to show no signs of tears having falling from her face. Her nose a bit sniffly and her eyes a tad swollen, Leane sighed as she threw her hair back up into a bun and closed her locker before heading towards the High-school Office, her thoughts still filled with unanswered questions concerning Matt and his reaction, wondering if he saw her crying.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-09-2009, 05:08 AM

Matthew wandered through the halls for a while, not caring about going to the principal's office. It'd been Leane's fault for making a scene in the first place so it was only right that she should shoulder the blame. Yet something held him from walking away. Damn it... He thought to himself as he headed towards the principal's office, ready to defend Leane for no good reason. She had gotten them kicked out of class then slapped him, an idea that almost stopped him from going but he remained walking towards the office.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-09-2009, 05:19 AM

Walking into the office, Leane explained why she was there to the secretary and found that the Principal was waiting for her in his office. Leane nodded and headed into the office, prepared for the worst.

Sighing, Leane sat in the chair opposite Mr. Johanson's desk.

"Ms. Supton, I'm surprised to find you here. You're such a fine student and a favorite of your teachers. But I hear there's been an outburst?"

"Yes, Mr. Johanson. Matthew Sommers got in trouble in English for spacing out. We'd been fighting a bit, so I said something saucy and angered him. We then proceeded to get into an argument. I'm very sorry for the disruption, I promise it won't happen again."

Mr. Johanson sighed, "I'm sorry, Ms. Supton, but I'm afraid I can't let you go off the hook. I'll have to punish you like I would any other student. You'll have to spend three hours of your Saturday morning in Detention here in the Library. I'm sorry if it cuts into your preparations for the Ball, I'm afraid you'll have to find someone to cover for you."

Leane nodded, "Yes, of course, Mr. Johanson. I'm sure my brother will take my place and arrange everything, he'll know how I'd like things."

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-09-2009, 01:02 PM

Matthew made his way to the principal's office. He simply nodded to the receptionist before taking a seat in one of the chairs. The door was closed so he figured that someone was already in there. Too bad, he wanted to get this over with as soon as possible.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-09-2009, 06:40 PM

Emerging from the office, Leane stopped half-way out the door when she saw Matthew.

"Something wrong Ms. Supton?" inquired the Principal looking up from his paperwork.

Leane shook her head and quickly headed out the door, a blush in her cheeks as she tried to avoid eye contact with Matt, which unfortunately didn't work since their eyes met at least once as she was exiting the office. "Don't worry, everything's fine. The Principal doesn't need to see you so you'd better get to class before you get in trouble again," she rushed quickly as she went out the door.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-10-2009, 03:32 AM

Matthew sighed, getting out of his seat to follow Leane out the door. "Hey, wait up." He said, his tone softer then before, as he followed her down the hall. "Why'd you take a punishment for that?" He asked, curiously. "I would've taken the fall so that you wouldn't get in trouble." He added.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-10-2009, 03:54 AM

"Oh, how noble!" Leane snottily replied as she rolled her eyes, heading down the empty hallway to her locker to wait for the period to end and Joanna to bring her her books, "Don't worry about it - it's over and done with, I only have Saturday morning detention anyway."

Keeping her gaze away from him and on the floor in front of her, Leane added softly, "Besides, I don't think your record could take anymore punishment. Plus, it was my fault in a round about way.. It probably didn't help that I was making your day worse by saying such remarks about you and your girlfriend.. I'm sorry."

Blushing, Leane continued hurriedly, "And don't let my apology or my taking the blame give you any ideas. It wasn't at all because I like you.. I simply pity you. I mean, you look so pathetic! You're like a puppy who got lost from it's master and can't find it's way back! I figured detention on the day of the Ball would simply make the look stay longer, especially if it kept you away from making up with your girlfriend. Besides, that look is really getting on my nerves, so I thought I'd help a bit. And now I'm rambling, and oh look, here's my locker. The bell should be ringing soon so I'd better stay and wait for Joanna, bye," Leane added before opening her locker and putting the locker door between her and Matthew, trying to find something to occupy herself while she waited for Matt to go away.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-10-2009, 04:19 AM

Matthew sighed, leaning his back against the locker next to Leane's. "Did you ever stop to think that maybe I'm not such a bad guy?" He asked, his voice soft as he cupped her chin lightly and raised her eyes to meet his own. "And she's not my girlfriend." He said with a sad smile before walking down the hallway. The bell rang loudly, filling the hall with students crowding to their lockers, seperating Matthew from Leane as he walked towards his own locker.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-10-2009, 04:35 AM

Leane blushed as she watched him walk down the hall and the students filed out. 'What was that all about?' she thought to herself as her fingertips rested on her chin where he had touched her.

Joanna, having left English as soon as she could, quickly hurried over to Leane and handed her her books, "Oh Lee! What happened? Did you get into a lot of trouble because of Matt? Wait, why are you blushing and holding your chin?"

Following Leane's gaze, Joanna burst out laughing as she saw she was looking at Matt, "Lee, snap out of it. If you like him just say so."

Snapping out of her thoughts, Leane glared at Joanna as she took her books and shoved them in her locker, "Jo, come off it. I don't like him. And yes, I have Saturday morning detention for three hours. I'm leaving it to you, Jenny, and Josh to watch over the preparations while I'm gone."

Joanna grinned, "Of course, leave it to us." Still grinning, Joanna hurried over to her locker, which was by Jenny's, and began whispering in hushed tones about Leane and Matt.

Leane rolled her eyes as she watched them whispering, not knowing what was being said but was sure it was speculation about the outburst and the trip to the office. Sighing, Leane took out her Calculus book and headed off in the direction of Mr. Aleminez's room, keeping her eyes diverted from Matt as she quickly walked past him.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-10-2009, 04:55 AM

Matthew hardly noticed Leane's presence yet he seemed aware of her, as if he was a radio tuned into her signal. I'm going crazy... He pondered before taking out his science book and heading down the hall.

"Hey, heard about your pleasent fight with Leane." Ben laughed, catching up to him in the hallway. "If you guys are going to be in love then you should at least pretend to be nice." He laughed at Matthew's expression.

"I'm not falling in love with her." Matthew sighed. "And for your information I was being nice." He hissed. "She had to start and arguement for no good reason. And she brought Gena into it." He sighed again.

"Harsh." Ben commented as they entered the science room, taking their seats.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-10-2009, 05:34 AM

Calculus was boring as usual - pointless equations, pointless problems, all work she finished in twenty minutes. And since today was a work day to catch everyone up, Leane was forced to emerge herself in one of her novels to keep her thoughts from roaming to Matt.

Sighing as the class finally ended, Leane stood from her seat, picked up her books, and was approached by a jock in her class - one of the few smart boys on the football team. Smiling shyly at Leane, Kenny offered to take her books for her.

Smiling at Kenny, Leane took him up on his offer, "Sure, why not."

As the two walked down the hall, they made small talk about Calculus and the upcoming test, causing Leane to momentarily forget about Matt. That is, until Kenny brought up the Ball. Shyly, he admitted he entered his name, and hoped he'd at least be able to have a dance with her even if he wasn't her date. Leane smiled, "Of course, Kenny. I'll save you a slow dance, I promise."

Her thoughts quickly returned to Matt as they walked towards her locker, Kenny talking of the Ball and inquiring about her costume and telling of his. Leane nodded and replied at all the right moments, but her thoughts were on the conversation - they were on Matt and the incident at her locker. She still couldn't figure out why he'd cupped her chin nor why he hadn't been harsh with her, especially after what she had said about him and Gena.

'That guy's a puzzle I doubt I'll ever figure out,' thought Leane with a sigh as she reached her locker. Taking the books from Kenny with a smile, Leane thanked him and said she'd see him in History.

Putting her calculus books into her locker, she took out her sketch book and colored pencils, heading off to art class shortly after. Thankfully they were going to be outside that day to draw the trees and field outback. The trees surrounding the field were a layout of brilliant orange and bright yellow, with vibrant reds mixed into the pinetrees. It was the perfect diversion from all thoughts of the Ball, and Matt for that matter.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-10-2009, 05:57 AM

Matthew sat, bored out of his mind in science class. Though one of the students nearly burning off their eyebrows had been a sight to see. Ben had laughed hysterically, even his comedy couldn't stand up to an explosion.

Matthew dropped off his books at his locker before making his way to the courtyard for his free period. Resting against a nearby tree, Matthew sat and tilted his head upwards at the branches. His thoughts roamed to Leane constantly, something he found very annoying. Knowing that he would see her in History gave him a feeling that felt distinctly like anticipation. Also very annoying.

Emma Corrin
Li Mei's Ninja Knight

Old 07-10-2009, 06:05 AM

As the art class filed out, Mrs. Carter told the class to spread out and draw until the period was over. Leane strolled off in the direction of her favorite maple and sat down against the trunk.

Emptying her pencils onto the ground, Leane curled up with her sketch book and began sketching the scene across from her - a soccerfield lined with maple trees covered in yellow, orange, and red-tinged leaves. Smiling as she drew, Leane forgot about Matt, the fight, his touch, and the Ball - focusing solely on the drawing in front of her.

"Perhaps I'll even be able to make it through History without my thoughts roaming to him and trying to figure him out," Leane mumbled to herself with a laugh as she finished her sketch with graphite, put the pencil down, and picked up the brown to begin coloring the base color of the trunks.

say-i-love-you
(◎_◎;)

Old 07-10-2009, 06:17 AM

Matthew cocked one eyebrow as he heard a familiar voice coming from the other sie of the tree. Leane's voice in particular. He grinned widely at he mumbling. She was thinking about him, an idea that gave him more pleasure then it should have. Matthew remained silent, wondering if he would hear anymore of her mumblings about him and hoping, against his better judgement, that he would.

Shaking his head, Matthew got up quietly. He was being stupid. Sitting behind a tree to wait for some girl to talk about him was pathetic. Sighing, he moved quietly back into the school building, unsure of what to do next.