Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-28-2018, 07:09 AM

It was alright, but I finally listened to the medley. God I'm so excited for the album to come out!

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 07-28-2018, 06:37 PM

hahaha same. I love Leo's voice.

Also his pink hair was so for this debut. And no one questioned it when he suddenly had pink hair.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-28-2018, 10:53 PM

He's such a gorgeous singer.

I mean, we might have questioned it, but we didn't think he was planning on a solo debut.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 07-30-2018, 11:30 PM

MsMojo with one of their questionable lists again. Tho they did good to me. They got the 5 must haves.
But I'm honestly baffled by the inclusion of BAP on this list.
Like. I didn't think they were that popular?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lIcTaE4bGl4&t=29s

It's the top 10 kpop boycgroups btw

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-30-2018, 11:45 PM

Bap fans are really loyal though. Quiet compared to other groups, but I remember seeing a stat somewhere that they had one of the largest offical fangroups. It's strange since they don't get view and such, but they actually are popular? I dunno though.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 07-30-2018, 11:53 PM

It seems so weird tho.
like it made sense for the most part. And like to have BAP but not have like TVXQ or Shinwha.
Seems really strange.
but like the list
1. Big Bang
2. BTS
3 SHINee
4. Suju
5. EXO
6. BAP
7. Highlight/Beast
8. Got7
9. Monsta X
10. 2PM
Honorable Mentions: Winner, FTIsland, TVXQ

The top two are as it should be. Honestly top 5 I have no arguments.
But then BAP is so high. But they don't win on music shows and they don't get views. So like?????
I could see Monsta X being interchangeable with Seventeen. But I'd have no issue with either of them on the list.
Also FTIsland as an honorable mention? Are they more popular than I thought?
Also isn't Ikon more popular than Winner?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 07-31-2018, 05:04 AM

Shinhwa I get because we get their importance a lot more than other people do. They're such a thing of the past. TVXQ though? Also old and getting forgotten and they haven't been the same big name group they used to be in a long time, but they're still killing it. I don't like them as an honorable mention. As much as I love BAP to death, I'd trade them out with TVXQ.
I am pleased to see FT Island on the list. They are pretty popular, but not so much in America I think. Day6 and FT Island are the only rock groups I'd say could make a go for this list anyway.
But yeah, I think Winner actually is more popular than Ikon.

Anyway, a list like that is subject to personal opinion since it's best not most iconic or important or even popular. Just best. All the groups on this list is doing something that has made a name for themselves.

Wings of Writing
~★St☆rlight★~

Old 07-31-2018, 10:41 PM

Yeah but it is Ms. Mojo who does do more based on critical acclaim than personal opionion than say I channel like kpop planet or something. And also a channel that's less invested in kpop than that type of channel. So the inclusion of BAP actually makes less sense

Also the comments on the video are hysterical. Cuz there's the really angry Carats who are like what where's seventeen. The really happy VIPs who are like yes Big Bang at the top.
Then there's the typical BTS shouldn't be on this list. Stuff.
And surprisingly there are no angry Armies whining about BTS being number 2.
But there are a couple angry Starlights that are like 'you used vixx in your intro and didn't even put them on the list wahhhh.'

Melissa
*^_^*

Old 01-09-2019, 07:32 PM

reviving this hangout because

last year girl groups killed it with so many good comebacks. Also does anyone ever make a best of playlist? I always make one at the end of the year.

Just my own opinion of course and what I jammed to the most.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...hoEFjd18M_4Wh-

oh and also. I only count one song per group per album...or else my list would be like 100 songs hahha solo member songs only count if they were on a separate album.

Last edited by Melissa; 01-09-2019 at 07:36 PM..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-09-2019, 07:35 PM

Me and my roommate both took it upon ourselves to a best of 2018 list. I'm not quite done with mine, but I mean, I have 100 songs on it? Just not so sure about my order yet. There was way too much good last year. And the year before for that matter. >.>

Melissa
*^_^*

Old 01-09-2019, 07:42 PM

That's why I have to make restrictions. I love too much stuff hahhaha
I listen to like everything I feel like >.<

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-09-2019, 07:50 PM

Lol, the only restrictions we gave ourselves as it had to be a korean release and have an official music video, but special releases and such all counted, so we ended up biting off a lot. I don't think my roomie has narrowed hers down to 100 yet. Although I forgot Baam by Momoland so I have to figure out where to stuff that.

Melissa
*^_^*

Old 01-09-2019, 08:15 PM

ohh bam? I did not like that release at all. I really hope momoland has a strong comeback in 2019 and it doesn't sound like boom boom.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-09-2019, 08:20 PM

boom boom and baam are really working for them though so I think they will stick with that sound. After all, boom boom is already one of the most viewed kpop videos ever.

Melissa
*^_^*

Old 01-09-2019, 09:12 PM

bam sounds exactly like boom boom. its literally the same song. it's okay staying in the same genre of music but it needs to sound different. even the dance is too similar.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 01-09-2019, 10:13 PM

YEAH! Time to ramble about K-pop!

A lot of people say Bboom Bboom and BAAM sound and look the same. I think they look the same but sound vastly different. I have no complaints. I love them. SO MUCH. It's like that "two cake theory" thing I've seen on Tumblr. Who cares that two people brought cake? GOOD GOLLY, TWO CAKES!
I wish I could master both dances. Can't help but dance along to stages, you know. I work on them in spurts. Those are difficult hip swing dances. You think you've got it, but then it's like, wait, no, I went too slow! DID I START IN THE WRONG DIRECTION? I got it now, but it totally tripped me up at first.
After Bboom Bboom and BAAM, I am so ready for Momoland's comeback Bang Bang Bang. OWN THE ONOMATOPOEIAS! Ah, but Big Bang's song… Oh well. I'm just making a funny anyway~

But yeah, them girl group comebacks. I'm more into girl groups than boy groups these days. DREAMCATCHER! Every song of theirs is just… AHHHH! Their Lucky Strike cover gets stuck in my head when I think of it, and then I'm on it for hours. I don't like rock music, but Dreamcatcher's rock sound? YES! EVERY SONG! Gets me so hype. I learned that a lot of people like them because of their open LGBT positivity. I just think they've got good music that makes me hype. The more I learn about them, the more I love them. There's a Capricorn girl in the group who learns a lot of languages, like I do. I may or may not enjoy Dreamcatcher crack videos more than a little.
Oh, oh, and… The solo girl named Chungha? Her new song? 벌써 12시 (Gotta Go)? That might be a new favorite song of mine. I am so in love with how the stages look… I hope Chungha is rising as an idol.
I'm told Yubin isn't doing great in her solo work, and that's a shame 'cause her songs have diva vibes and I like that. I knew Lady was 'bout to be one of my favorite songs from the first listen. And her staaaage outfits. So sparkly. *u*
I think Dreamcatcher and Momoland are my favorite new groups. I've got to watch clips so I can work on their names and faces and learn their personalities. When I was just learning what K-pop was, I couldn't get SHINee down until I watched Hello Baby.

Oh, and, hello, BTS in America. SURREAL! I saw them on a magazine at the grocery store and was like, OH MY GOD! K-POP IN MY REAL LIFE! I still stop everything and go nuts every time I see K-pop on TV…

I don't think about making playlists of my favorites of the year. OH MY GOD FIANCÉ BY MINO TOOK OWNERSHIP OF MY SOUL IN A MATTER OF DAYS. And Bingle Bangle by AOA didn't sound any good to me at first but grew on me! Anyway, I'm just so glad that after all this time, I'm still into K-pop and liking new groups that come along and finding songs to call my favorites of all the songs I know… instead of feeling like they don't make 'em like they used to (they don't, but… →) and nothing is good anymore and no one has real talent and my time in the fandom is over.
I wish I could have K-pop that looks like the early 2000s, before my K-pop time. c':

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 01-09-2019, 10:44 PM

I do think they are very similar and confused them a lot when Baam first came out, but after listening to both a lot, I can see the different charms that each has. I do think they will change it up a little for the next come back though. It's not unusual for groups to release two very similar sounding songs, but usually start testing the flexibility of that sound after that.

Hey Amane~
Dreamcatcher is def one of my favorite girl groups right now. You and I is pretty much one of my favorite things from last year. They have yet to disappoint since remaking themselves as Dreamcatcher. Each song has been a joy and they're really started to explore their own little niche genre. The first few songs were very similar, but now they're really creating unique things.

I like Chungha's Roller Coaster and haven't actually heard anything else from her. I know she got some award's the past year though as a solo artist.

There really have been a lot of great female songs this year, though there are a lot of gems among the boy groups too. SM in particular has had a good year with all their groups.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 01-09-2019, 11:52 PM

I confuse You and I and Good Night! @_@ I liked them as Minx, BUT DREAMCATCHER IS BETTER

I LOVE ROLLER COASTER! It was my favorite before Gotta Go happened.

KEY WENT SOLO. My ultimate bias got a solo! Leo, my bias in VIXX, went solo, too! Speaking of solo…Solo by Jennie. Another bop. This was a bop-filled year of K-pop, but they all are.

Melissa
*^_^*

Old 01-12-2019, 05:52 AM

I like Dreamcatcher and I would honestly be more into them if they had better line distributions. Two girls literally sing everything. Which is a huge disappointment for me. Why have so many members and do nothing with them? Just my thoughts.

Every song by Chungha I get bored half way through. Her voice isn’t interesting or strong enough outside of a group. FOR ME. I’m not trying to offend anyone.

I fell pretty hard for fromis_9 last year. I think they have great vocals and a lot of potential.

I liked Yubin’s song Thank U Sooo Much. I listened to it quite a bit.

For boy groups I think Ateez is going to get pretty popular 2019. I think the big hit boy group will be popular just because of who they are.

I hope that NCT has some better songs in 2019. I didn’t like Regular or Simon Says. (BOSS was amazing tho)

Oh and Key’s solo album was SO DAMN GOOD. I listened to it nonstop in my car for a month straight.

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 01-13-2019, 06:17 PM

Yesterday, I was watching stages, and I realized, HOW COULD I FORGET SIREN BY SUNMI? Sparkles everywhere and MERMAIDS!

Melissa, it sounds like you're what I see in everyone who isn't me, with everything creative. Everyone except me has eyes and brains to examine every aspect of a creative thing's quality. They know what parts make it up and how everything is done. They could break it up and grade it like a school project. I can't do that. My ability to be critical is shot. I think everything I see is perfect. I really would rather not acknowledge the behind-the-scenes stuff and individual parts because it makes me not able to focus on the final product. If I don't like a creative thing, it's because it's not my kind of thing, not because I think it's done badly.

I choose K-pop to like by immersing myself and seeing how it makes me feel. What's the vibe? Does it remind me of anything or bring back any memories? Do I want to dance? Do I feel as if I've become another person, and do I like being that person? Lord help me if the song makes me want to write a story, and if I describe the song using "fairyland," it's all over.
I could say it's like I step into another world and, if I like the look of it, will stay. And then I could say others are more concerned with the politics and economy… ooh, that's good, but I'm rambling.
Do you like "MR removed" videos so you can hear the live voices? I abandoned those once I figured out what they were. It doesn't matter to me. Whether they're singing live or not, they can't fake those amazing performances. The dance. The outfits. The stage. THE VIBE!

Thank U Soooo Much gets stuck in my head randomly. Love those retro Barbie diva vibes. Yes, I threw
those words together to describe a vibe. I'm 100% there for retro Barbie diva world.
Ohhh, I think fromis_9 is alright. I watch their stages when I see them. Same with Laboum.
I really like Loona! I was late hopping on the train—I found them when their last subgroup, yyxy, came out. I'M SO GLAD FOR THE LOUD FANCHANTS ON THEIR STAGES AS TWELVE. I hope they can make it! Hi High is full of hype energy. It might make me even more hyper than Red Velvet's debut with Happiness did.
I think I'm going to like IZ*ONE mainly for the members if I watch more clips of them.
I forget what grou—NATURE! I didn't like them! I like their latest comeback called 썸/SOME! I'm so glad I found a song of theirs to like. I hope the trend continues. I liked a Gugudan song finally, too. Big girl group boom FTW. Amane just likes to spin ten million K-pop plates so she always has more music to like.

APINK'S NEWEST COMEBACK, THOUGH. Eung euuung~ WJSN's and Red Velvet's, too! I think Apink in particular is really beautiful on stage, and I can't figure out what it is. I didn't listen to Apink until recently. Maybe only since I'm so Sick! They got left behind all the other groups I liked, so I never gave them a listen. No, I did! Once! I didn't become a regular fan after that, though.

I indeed like ATEEZ's style and hope the jams continue. Same with SF9.
NCT has this magic touch where I like every single song they do. One of my K-pop friends agrees. The only song to fail me was Chewing Gum. I heard it once and don't remember how it sounded. I wonder if being grossed out by gum biased me. I think Dreamcatcher's got that magic touch, too. Be it their song or a cover, stick Dreamcatcher on it and ohhhhh my God.
Man, there's this boy group, A.C.E… I really wish they were popular. I love their songs so much, and their dances (and cover dances) are crazy.

Edit: While watching Chungha's performance for today, I remembered… her voice is the thing that stood out to me and made me like her. It's… golden. Like, I think of the color gold when I hear it. I think of gold, opera singing, big earrings, and chandeliers. I'm not into opera, no, but it's an elegant image that made me like her in the beginning. The sound stands out the most in Roller Coaster.

Last edited by Amane; 01-13-2019 at 08:17 PM..

Melissa
*^_^*

Old 01-16-2019, 04:59 PM

I don’t listen to MR removed. I can tell who can sing and who really can’t. There’s a certain group I don’t think can sing live all but I watch all their performances and jam to their songs. It doesn’t stop me from liking them.

I like Laboum a lot I’ve been following them since their debut song.

I watched about 10 or so Loona videos one day and it all was so boring. I just can’t get into them. That’s not to say in the future I won’t like them. Just currently it’s not my thing. Same with Nature...not my thing.

I love gugudan and wjsn. Izone...I like current single a lot. There’s one girl who’s voice is just so good. I don’t know any of their names. I don’t like to get attached to temporary groups.

Apink’s current single is soooo good I’ve been listening to it non stop. I haven’t like an Apink song since...uhhh 2014 when they came out with LUV and Mr. Chu.

ACE are really good too. I’ve been following them since debut. Take Me Higher was so good, it would always get stuck on my head. I cann’t wait to hear more from them. ACE are really popular internationally.

I would say more but it’s really hard to use this website on my phone 😆😆

Last edited by Melissa; 01-16-2019 at 07:08 PM..

MoodyBats
Scarce Menewshan

Old 01-17-2019, 12:41 AM

hello, I am a fellow K-popper.