Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-19-2017, 04:22 PM

Nathan flashed another smile, trying the hide the weird way that his heart hiccuped in his chest. He needed to be careful or Issac really would become someone he chased earnestly. Pushing his chair back to his own desk, Nathan started packing his bag, too excited to really care about the organization of it right now. "Would I mind? You're making my dreams come true without even trying, babe. I don't think you even know what you're doing." Though he shook his head, his smile stayed plastered to his face. Slinging his bag over his shoulder, he nodded. "Since I'm more invested than most in seeing you in casual clothes, let's go!"

Dakota
sassy and crafty

Old 10-20-2017, 09:52 PM

shaking his head while smiling Issac headed for the elevator. He knew that the man was probably overly excited about him changing his clothes. but at the moment he didn't care. he just wanted to get out of this monkey suit. when the elevator opened to the car garage he immediately started walking toward his car. he paused before he got there. "did you want to ride with me? or would you prefer to follow me in your own car?"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-21-2017, 04:13 PM

Nathan followed Issac to the garage and as they walked through the concrete twists and turns, he flashed a grin like Issac couldn't have said anything more amusing. Like he waited for this joke to come just so he could use a well prepared punch line. "I'll follow since I can't bear to leave my ride in such a dingy place as this," he chuckled. Twisting, he leaned against a vehicle only steps away, having been parked in the line of small spaces near the elevator doors. "But it's not a car that I'll be following you in." He glanced back at the motorbike he leaned against, clearly proud. It wasn't one of those overly wrought beasts of chrome like bad boys drove. His was a simple bike in dull gray, bought more for the simple ease of using a small vehicle in a busy city. Still, he enjoyed the discrepancy with his cheerful personality.

Dakota
sassy and crafty

Old 10-23-2017, 07:19 PM

Issac whistled softly as he noticed the bike behind Nathan. although it wasn't flashy it was a beauty. he appreciated the simple color and build of it. "nice" he said. he knew a bit about motorcycles from his uncle, who was a collector. although he hadn't been on one since he was a small boy. this one reminded him of the one he had ridden with his uncle as a child. that was all before he had left Scotland though. he looked around trying to remember where he had parked his truck. seeing it a few aisle over "well there is my truck, I guess I will see you at my place then" he turned and walked to his truck. unlocking it. it was a newer black Ford F-150 with Tented windows, and extended cab, and a full bed. It was one of the only modern conveniences he actually allowed himself to have. he had no cell phone, or computer at home. he had left all technology to his wife. he preferred doing things the old fashioned way. with his hands. Taking one last quick look at Nathan, who was getting his helmet on, he got into the truck and started it.

Driving, with Nathan following, Issac wondered what the man would think of his home, and all the things he had made within it. all of the furniture had been hand crafted by himself, with Celtic symbols adorning across the polished pieces. He also hoped that the man would not complain how far out he lived. he didn't live in the city, but rather down a winding country road on the outskirts. one last turn, and he pulled up into a long driveway covered with trees. his house was a Cabin style home set off away from the road. a distance back, where you wouldn't even know it was there sat his workshop, which he hadn't been into since his wife passed. parking his truck, he got out, and watched as Nathan Parked his Motorcycle.

((sorry for moving your character))

Last edited by Dakota; 10-23-2017 at 07:21 PM..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-24-2017, 10:32 PM

Tucking his hair under his helmet, Nathan moved his bike beside Issac's truck which seemed to suit him well, then took off after him. The drive took longer than he expected and the chafe of the wind chilled him by the time they reached Issac's home. Taking his helmet off, Nathan just stared for a couple seconds. This...this was worth driving out of the city. He didn't think he'd ever seen anything like it before. Nathan lived in the city. Always had, his whole life. Close to his job, a part of the traffic, darting in and out, sleeping close enough to hear the trains. Long driveways with trees seemed entirely counter-intuitive for office workers.

"You live here?" he asked. "I'm somehow more enchanted than I was before..." Trailing off, he stole another long look at the cabin before turning his eyes to Issac. Could this man get any more ideal?

Dakota
sassy and crafty

Old 10-25-2017, 05:27 PM

Issac smiled. "yeah, it was my wife's idea to live on the outskirts of the city and raise a...." Issac stopped,choking up, realizing for not the first time, that he would never have the family that him and Arabella had dreamed of. he turned his head for a second to compose himself. "sorry for the long drive, you must be cold after the ride on your bike, please come in. walking to his door he unlocked it and held it open for Nathan to enter first. "please after you" he said holding out his hand in invitation.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-25-2017, 10:08 PM

Nathan's smile faltered for a second, just hearing a mention of Issac's wife. Or the woman who had been his wife. The loss of her looked so raw and near still that Nathan couldn't respond even if he tried. But that was wrong. He made people smile, so that was exactly what he was going to do right now. Nodding his head, he followed Issac to the door and stepped inside, smiling with all the warmth he could find. "Thank you. It's a lovely place. I love every single thing that I've seen so far!" he exclaimed. Maybe he couldn't change the sorrow of Issac's past, but he could still make the man smile if he tried.

Dakota
sassy and crafty

Old 10-25-2017, 11:13 PM

Following Nathan into his home, Issac shut the door and turned on a nearby light. illuminating the living room. his furniture was simple, but comfortable, and thanks to his late wife, it all matched. all of the tables were handmade with oak, with celtic knots carved down the legs, and on the top underneath a layer of glass. there was a fireplace in the center of the far wall. and bookshelfs that matched the tables. There was however no television. the drapes were a baby blue color. to match the couch and chairs. off on another wall, there was an entertainment center, that consisted of a stereo, as well as an extensive collection of cd's and even records to go with it. walking around turning on another light Issac motioned for Nathan to come further into the room. "um make yourself at home, I'm just going to change and I will be right back" he said right before disappearing down a hall. when he got to his room he pushed the door somewhat shut, but it was still open a crack. he then began taking his suit off. picking up a pair of jeans that fit him pretty snuggly, they had been his wife's favorite. he threw them on real quick and grabbed a white tee shirt. opening his door he walked down the hall started putting on his shirt. finishing just after he had stepped back into the living room.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 10-26-2017, 09:27 PM

His hands stuffed in his pockets, Nathan watched Issac go, having been told to 'make himself at home'. Right, there was no need to stand on ceremony then. After a second of trying to be a good guest, Nathan started to wander, trailing his hands over carved wood, rifling through whatever he saw and liked. So this was the kind of person Issac was. It awed Nathan somehow, like he walked into church and needed to revere things with his hands. The wood felt smooth, worn down with exacting skill. Did Issac's hands make these? The same hands that typed on a keyboard all day? Nathan found himself so lost in his world of investigation that he didn't notice the other man reenter the room. The home was just so beautiful and his face showed it, just how much he liked what he saw.

Dakota
sassy and crafty

Old 11-03-2017, 04:14 PM

Issac saw Nathan admiring his work. he took a second to reach up and pull his hair out of the bun, letting his chestnut colored hair to fall to his shoulders. and ran his fingers through it. he didn't know why but he felt like he needed to hear of Nathan's approval of his work. For some reason he couldn't seem to take his eyes off of Nathan as he walked around his home. "do you see something you like?" He finally asked in a deep gravely voice.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 11-11-2017, 02:12 AM

Nathan turned away from the chair he admired when he heard Issac's voice, a shiver running straight down his spine. Even though the other man startled him, when he met eyes with Issac, he froze completely, even his heart forgetting how to beat far too long. Finally, a slow smile spread over his face. "Yeah, I do," he murmured back. Without taking his eyes off of Issac, he made a sweeping gesture with his arm. "I like everything in this room." Including you. Always including Issac. He just couldn't bring himself to say those words right now, feeling as if they created an almost sacred moment between them. He dropped his arm, still staring at Issac with almost desperate eyes.

Dakota
sassy and crafty

Old 11-14-2017, 04:24 PM

Issac felt goose bumps raise on his arm, yet they weren't from being cold. He honestly didn't know what they were from. for some reason though he couldn't look away from Nathan. the look in his eyes was something he had seen before, yet he couldn't quite place where. it took a couple moments before he was able to break eye contact with the man. stumbling a little bit as he started walking he clumsily went over to a picture on the mantle. "this, is my... " Issac stopped. he had to think of a new way to look at her. "I mean this was my wife. Arabella" he said picking up the framed picture of a fair skinned woman. she had dark brown hair and violet eyes. he held back the tears that threatened to escape. Before Nathan could even say anything, Issac Abruptly sat the picture back down on the mantle. and turned away from it. "well are you ready to go get that drink now?" he asked briskly as he looked back to Nathan.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 11-21-2017, 01:17 AM

And just like that, the moment broke. Whatever sacredness made him whisper broke the second that Issac turned away. Eyes dropping to the floor, Nathan took a single step before stopping again, a few feet from the mantle. He could see the woman posed on the photograph, looking so beautiful with her dark hair that didn't match his wild lighter waves. It was silly to compare. He knew he shouldn't and he knew he did something terrible and rude when Issac looked so torn just from looking at the image. Before Nathan could decide if he should step closer or move away though, Issac set the picture back down.

"Ah...eh?" he stared, too shocked by the change to answer with ease. After a single second, he regained his composure though, throwing out a brilliant smile just to lighten this heavy mood. "Of course, of course! I've been looking forward to drinking with you from the first second you said it. Let's go!" Spinning away, he stepped to the door, already more than ready for this night. And moving away from the sad topic because he felt that both he and Issac needed that.

Dakota
sassy and crafty

Old 12-21-2017, 08:27 PM

Issac nodded. he needed that drink at the moment. walking to his door he grabbed a light jacket and opened the door to leave. he hardly bothered locking his door so he just walked toward his truck. he didn't know if Nathan had wanted to ride together or not, but most likely not considering he had his motorcycle, and it was quite a distance from the city. he was about to open his truck door when he realized that he had forgotten his wallet. and since he had offered to go out for drinks, he was going to be the one paying for it. it was the way he was raised. he quickly turned around and went back into his house walking past Nathan, and to his bedroom.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-21-2017, 09:05 PM

Nathan shook his head as soon as Issac turned his back. He was so fucked at this point. Every person that knew Nathan would say the same and yet, he couldn't stop himself either. The smile returning just as he stepped out the door, Nathan grabbed his helmet only to see Issac turn back toward his home. One eyebrow raised, Nathan couldn't help letting out a cocky grin as he stretched back against his bike in a pose that would drive any gay man crazy, but likely not a single straight one. "Forget something?"

Dakota
sassy and crafty

Old 12-21-2017, 11:25 PM

when Issac entered his house he had heard Nathan ask if he had forgotten something. once grabbing his wallet he went back out side to see Nathan leaning up against his motorcycle. Issac held his wallet up in the air. "this might help" he said with a somewhat stupid grin on his face. then he walked to his truck and got in.

the drive back into the city didn't seem to take as long as it had earlier. that was probably because the traffic wasn't nearly as bad. it wasn't long into the city when Issac pulled into a pay to park lot, and parked his truck. getting out he walked over to the pay meter and bought 2 pay to park tickets. one for him and one for Nathan. then he walked back toward Nathan to hand him his ticket. "here you go". he said as he handed Nathan's ticket over to him. "so the bar is about a block and a half away, I hope you don't mind walking."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 12-28-2017, 04:45 PM

Nathan shook his head, unable to do anything but smile back. Despite the rugged image that Issac cut, his smile looked more goofy than sharp-cut. The kind of smile a guy could get addicted to. "Yeah, or else I'll be the one buying you drinks," he laughed as he swung one leg over his bike. His helmet in place, he took off after Issac's truck. His head was too lost in the clouds to care about the time or distance, so when they reached the lot, Nathan felt as if only minutes passed.

Issac went to buy the tickets while Nathan locked up his bike, missing the chance to challenge him. Instead, Nathan just took the ticket with a murmur of 'Thanks'. More and more he felt like they went out on a date, and yet. The image of Issac's dead wife flashed in his head, framed in glass and a pretty wood frame. "I don't mind at all. Honey, I would walk all day with you!" He flashed a grin before starting for the lot's entrance, determined not to think about such things. "Now, which way? Right, or left?"

Dakota
sassy and crafty

Old 02-01-2018, 06:55 PM

((so sorry i've been working like crazy, and then sick. if you don't want to continue due to the lack of time im able to get online I understand))

Issac smiled at Nathan. he honestly didnt have any idea about the bar. he had seen several along the way to find parking, so he just decided to go with the flow. he had never been out to any of them. the one bar he did go to, was where he first met arabella, and it was to the right of where they were parked, he pointed to the left. "I saw a couple this way while we were driving in." he said. "however i know there are some this way as well" he pointed to the right, toward the place he met arabella. "i dont mind either way which way we go." he stated. although he was hoping that nathan would chose to go left.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-01-2018, 09:32 PM

((It's alright. I'm a patient being))

Nathan nodded his head with a bright grin. Although he though Issac had a plan of where they were going, he didn't mind either way. They could have just had drinks at their desk after hours and he would be happy. Like this, he was even more happy. Ah, he hoped Issac didn't think he was too easy to please though. Tilting his head at the option he'd been given, Nathan wasn't sure how to answer. Something about the way that Issac asked it seemed as if he hid something. Being as nosy as he was, Nathan just shrugged one shoulder. "Right is always right they say. Let's go!" he started around the corner, knowing Issac would be right behind him.

"I didn't think there were so many bars in this area, but you're right. I normally drink on the other side of town, closer to work, though my apartment is probably closer to here. It must be troublesome for you to come out here often though," he added with a glance toward the other man. "What with how far away you live, it's almost like you don't live in the city at all."

Dakota
sassy and crafty

Old 02-09-2018, 04:10 AM

Issac chuckled. "I don't really. but for all tense and purposes I do. it is pretty much the outskirts of the city." he started walking to the right, the direction Nathan had suggested. he didn't make his strides too long so that he could walk with him and so they could talk. the sound of music blared to his ears before they even reached the first bar. it was the one he had wanted to avoid, however didn't want to seem weird, so he decided to go ahead and go to this one. the name on the neon sign read 'the Lotas'. their was a bouncer at the front checking id's. so Issac took his wallet out of his back pocket and showed his ID, and paid the cover charge for both him and Nathan. "what about you? do you live right in the middle of the city?"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-11-2018, 08:55 PM

Nathan had his ID ready when they reached the bar, which he flashed before they were let inside. Music played, modern and familiar in the way that even unknown songs in places like this could sound familiar. Nathan grinned and resisted the urge to grab Issac's hand, instead heading toward the bar and raising his voice so the other man could hear him. "In the city yes, but about twenty minutes out from here. I'm on the other side of town." He didn't specify in which direction, but it the middle class area, verging on the poorer side of town. He didn't feel bad about it, but didn't feel the need to share unprompted either.

Dakota
sassy and crafty

Old 02-15-2018, 07:10 PM

Issac nodded at the information. the bar tender walked up and asked what he could get for them. "I'll have a rum and coke, and whatever he is having" he indicated Nathan beside him. the bartender nodded. taking both of there orders then walked away to make them. after getting there drinks Issac paid and turned to look around. he knew there was a booth closer to the restrooms that was often empty and quieter so that they could talk. he had spent many nights in that same booth when he first met Bella. he didn't particularly wish to go to that booth, however he didn't want to seem rude, or strange, by picking one closer. so he headed to that booth. sure enough it was empty. "so how long have you been at new beginnings?" he asked trying to start up a conversation.
'?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-18-2018, 04:33 PM

"Same," Nathan added to the order, not mimicking Issac's drink on purpose, but also feeling the need to be simple. After they received their drinks, he followed the other man to a back booth, smiling at the privacy that they would have. "Well, I interned for a summer and it's been about a year since then. I guess I impressed them something fierce because they don't usually hire summer interns just like that." He let out a rueful grin as he took a sip of his drink. "Or maybe I was just that cute and those old guys are only pretending they want nothing to do with me!" he added with a laugh. It was all in good fun, even though he also pursued Issac. He felt no shame in talking about the other men he made a game of flirting with.

Dakota
sassy and crafty

Old 02-19-2018, 09:01 PM

Issac laugh, throaty and deep. "it must be that one, i mean look at you" he said jokingly. he thought that the job was ok. however it was no where near his passion. his wife, and his business had been his passion. and both of them had died. he hadn't even finished what he had been working on when he found out that she was gone. hadn't even picked up any of his tools. he had been working on a cradle. she had just found out that they would be parents, and he thought that he would surprise her with it. "so what do you like to do for fun?

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-21-2018, 06:05 PM

Nathan choked on his drink, then gulped down another half of it to cover up his stumble. The dark atmosphere would hide his flush, but not something as obvious as forgetting to breathe for a second because of an offhand comment. Issac didn't mean it. He didn't causally flirt back with Nathan, right? "Ah, well. You'll be the only person that thinks that," he managed to answer with a chuckle, hopefully not too late for a recovery. "Fun? Well, I like to go out, but I'm more of a tech person, myself. I like to play PC games and work on personal projects when I'm not doing designs for work and such." The truth was, he loved what he did at work and given the chance, he would do more of the same at home. Just on his own terms, his designs, his pace. Nothing else brought him more joy. "That probably sounds crazy to you huh?"