Veelana
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-11-2008, 06:42 AM

I know that they're not terribly expensive, but my avi needs to get dressed....
I'll hang around here until I'm able to afford it, hope you don't mind :-)

Arkeyla
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-11-2008, 09:42 AM

Mind? Why would I mind? *grin* Do you have any idea what you want your avvy to look like, or are you just buying piece by piece as it takes your fancy?

Oh, and have now coloured three for the next flatsale. Also have planned a couple of Alyekra happenings, too! *rubs hands together and chuckles evilly* I seem to be doing that a lot lately...

Veelana
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-11-2008, 09:47 PM

I have no idea what i want my avi to look lie, yet, but I want to get some event items before they are gone ad I really like the rinbow stockings...
I tend to be a packrat on sites like this - just accumulate stuff and then redress my avi every couple of days :-)

Peanut
Banned

Old 04-12-2008, 12:44 AM

I'm entering the item contest, K?

My idea is a trident, like in mythology.
I won't attempt to draw it, but here's a reference picture:
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/b...07/Trident.jpg

Arkeyla
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-12-2008, 12:52 AM

Oooh, neat! The second entry! Thanks Peanut! That's a pretty cool trident pic you found. Popping you on the front page...

@Veelana - I read that the Special Event Store items had only two days left, so panicked and bought a Luck of the Irish before they went - hence the shameful amount of goldies I have! I guess I really need to get posting to make it up again. *grin*

I can't wait for the software update and the five new games that are coming... it will be easier to get gold then, thankfully!

Veelana
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-12-2008, 07:06 AM

Well, easier to get gold also meens that the prices in the exchange will rise, so I'm not sure I really want gold to be easier to get...
Just look what happenes on gaia - they have to invent new gold sinks all the time to keep inflation in check...
I'll see about the special event store - I'll probably go and spend some of my goldies, then...

Oh - glad that there is a second entry! Its not much of a contest if nobody takes part...

Arkeyla
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-12-2008, 08:35 AM

The funny thing is that in general, I am happier with store commons rather than event items, and with the stores being updated that means more items I want, so I am not really worried about inflation. Mind you, the minute that it does affect me, I will probably start to worry in a big way!

You're right - now, if only we could get at least three more people to enter the contest, I would be happy with that. *burbles cheerfully and spins around on chair* Well, I guess I had better start thinking about what to cook for dinner! Today seems to have flown by while I sat around and felt sorry for my sniffly self. Will be back about the place later on, most likely - I can fish with this main account in about 5 hours... we'll see if I can stay awake that long, or if I really need to just put it off and do it first thing in the morning.

Veelana
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-12-2008, 09:53 AM

hmm - where are you? I mean, timezone-wise?
I'm not sure what items I like on Menewsha, but right now I'm buying limited stuff. Always a good investment...
I just got myself a barba the lamb, now I need about 4 more gold to get the ducky - and I should make that with this post.
I joined right aroud easter, so I wanted some of the current items...
I'm not too big a fan of the irish hat - I would have bought it if I'd had the gold, but since I don't, no love lost there. I'd just have bought it as an investment anyway.

I'm going to open a breedable shop, too, in the near (or not so near) future, but I think the idea might be a bit too close to mermazonia for my own comfort, so if you'd take a look at it and tell me what you think. My pricing thread is located here. Its something different, but I somehow have the feeling that it might bother you, so I wanna ask you first if you're OK with it. My problem with it is mostly that it will be doll-based like the mermazons with a couple of hairstyles and dresses, so just let me know. Yes I know that my lineart sucks :-) Its not done yet...

Arkeyla
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-12-2008, 11:54 PM

I'm in Perth, Western Australia, so GMT+8. Right down the butt end of the planet. *grin*

As to your shop, I don't have a problem with it... the different hairstyles idea and the like is something I have seen at other avatar forums, so it's not a new idea. The only thing that would bug me is if you did mermaid dolls with the exact same hairdos and type of stages!

*yawns* Awake much too early today. My daughter had enough sleep, so cause she is up I have to be up as well. So not fair. Looks like I will be having a nap later... being sick is no fun and I don't have any energy whatsoever to spare. Lucky typing is an easy thing to do!

Veelana
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-13-2008, 06:58 AM

Cool! I'm meeting people all over the world here :-)

I'm glad that you have no problem with the store :-) I like the idea, I just didn't want to be considered a copycat :-(

Alyekra
Dead Account Holder

Old 04-13-2008, 08:38 AM

*Alyekra's not happy cause I hijacked her voice here*

Like I said, it's not a new idea, so if I did have a problem with it I would be a massive hypocrite!

Almost ready for the next flatsale too....

Veelana
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-13-2008, 08:55 AM

Cool - can't wait to see the ne mermazons! They are so cute! I'll wait or the end of the contest before I buy one, though :-)

Arkeyla
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-13-2008, 09:05 AM

You'll be able to see the ones from the last FS all grown up in a day or two - I tend to get bored waiting for them to grow and do it early. It's a bad habit of mine, but when (if) the shop gets busier, and as the end of semester exams draw closer, they'll probably shift into normal growing times.

I've been thinking about a minipet as well... one to fit in the space under the writing of the certificate if you want it to go with your Mermazon, and a option to have it on it's own certificate as well for those who don't have a Mermazon or just don't want it on the cert. Not quite sure what though - was thiking maybe catfish (or mercats) and dogfish (or merdogs), but I might even come up with something totally irrelevant. You never know! Perhaps Seabugs or something... any ideas?

Still hoping for more entries into the contest. Perhaps I should PM some of the people I have gotten to know and ask them if they want to join in as well.

Wow, 5pm already! I should start thinking about dinner. My daughter will be coming home from Grandma's shortly, and I should really have something all ready for her. Maybe chicken soup, seeing as we are both sick!

Veelana
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-13-2008, 10:56 AM

How about little seahorses? Or clownfish and anemones? Just some ideas...
I love the fishgirl stage best :-) Do you have the option of keeping your pet in that stage?

Arkeyla
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-13-2008, 11:47 PM

What I would suggest there is just saving your Mermazon yourself at that stage. If I don't fully grow a Mermazon I would feel like I wasn't giving full value for gold.

Arkeyla
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-14-2008, 05:05 AM

Okay! As I knew would happen, I got bored again and thought I would do the growings early.

Now, as I wrote in the PMs to you all (or I should have, if I didn't I do apologise) I gave each of these two items as a thankyou for being my first customers. Feel free to purchase more items if you like.

Also, I will ask that you now all save and host these yourself, then also please notify me of the new link so I can keep a current image up in the Owner's List.

Thankyou very much, and here are the fully grown Mermazons! You might need to refresh to see them properly.

Note: If I don't hear from you within a few days as to the new link and that you have hosted your pet, I will send youa reminder PM. If I don't hear from you within another few days after that, I will just remove your pet from my server, and you will have to PM me to get it back. If for some reason you don't have your own free Photobucket account, you can ask me nicely to keep hosting your Mermazon for you, but I would rather not do this too often.

Veelana
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-14-2008, 06:28 AM

Sooo pretty! Hope you don't mind that I post here once in a while - but it DOES bring up your thread in the forum after all :-)

Arkeyla
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-14-2008, 06:42 AM

I love that you like posting here! I don't want this to just be a shop, I want people to feel comfortable chatting here as well. Besides, post=gold, and we all want gold! *grin* And thankyou for your 'pretty' comment. It's nice to konw my art is appreciated! I normally draw in a more 'realistic' style - am currently working on colouring a drawing of my RPG OC, so when it is done I can show you if you like - so having something in an anime style was a new thing for me and I am glad to hear that it doesn't suck!

Oh, I decided what minipet I will start with - there might end up being a couple of forms of it eventually, but you will have to wait and see. I'll give you a clue: it's cute. Very very cute! (Okay, blowing my own trumpet here, but I think I really did come up with something adorable and simple.)

Have also planned a couple more hairstyles as well - the preliminary sketch is done for one of them - a piggy-tails type thing, and the other, though still in the mental concept stage, is going to be rather way out. More of a hair sculpture than a hair style!

Only one left to colour for the next flatsale now, but I think I will wait until I have finished the minipet, as I want to have the pet included as a 'hook' for people to buy. *grin*

Ack, I just realised that I haven't hung out my washing yet. Better do that quickly if I want clean underwear! Back in a flash...

Edit - added the sixth and final Tribe, the Glass Knights. Or is it the final? You never know...

Veelana
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-14-2008, 09:19 AM

na, doesn't suck at all! I'd love seeing some of your other stuff, though, especialy if anime isn't you usual style :-)

Can't wait to see the minipets :-)

Arkeyla
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-14-2008, 09:38 AM

*grins* Well, the hairdos are both complete - just have to scan them in and get the shading templates happening now! After that's don't, I will work on getting the minipets all ready to go!

Yumehayla
(^._.^)ノ

Old 04-14-2008, 12:52 PM

yay, she's grown :D! Thank you^^~<3

Arkeyla
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-14-2008, 02:24 PM

You're welcome, Yumehayla!

Have finished the two new hairdos and have scanned in the first minipet, ready for shading templates... I'm moving faster than I thought I would! *grin* It's amazing what you can accomplish when you're procrastinating cleaning the house.

Kaderin Triste
Resident Tiger Expert

Old 04-14-2008, 05:09 PM

Aiee! She's so cute!
Oh, and just fyi...I have her saved but it'll probably be a few days before I get her uploaded.

Arkeyla
\ (•◡•) /

Old 04-14-2008, 11:34 PM

Cool. Just send me a PM when you do so, Kaderin, so I can swap over the image link in the owner's list.

Oh, and in casy you all didn't notice inthe title, there is now a Minipet as well! *grin* I still have to make the cert for them, but that won't take long, and the next flatsale will have Mermazons with these little pets as a bonus (on the Mermazon cert though)!

Peanut
Banned

Old 04-15-2008, 02:05 AM

Can I go ahead and buy a Gold Tail Bracelet for 15g, then save it after bracelet is added to Mystral?