star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 12-26-2017, 04:16 PM

star is gonna be going to get foods..star happy.. she hungry..the noodles this morning weren't filling because we didn't have the tuna to put in with the noodles.

Facade
Ticking Time Bomb of Titillation

Old 12-26-2017, 04:17 PM

Oh, too true, Queen! I forgot about Foolio recently, which is weird. We need her to complete our perfect triad of sin and debauchery!!!

What kinda crafts do you get into with Jo-Ann Fabric? That sounds fun!

Queen_Andais
I move the stars for no one.

Penpal

Old 12-26-2017, 04:21 PM

Star, bring me back a sausage croissant! I'm starving too! Not sure when breakfast will be showing up here at work.

Facade, it's odd that we haven't seen Precarious...wonder if everything in the real world is going all right for her. Unless of course, Easty made good on some of those threats and the world will never know what happened to her. O.o

Mostly the yarn calls to me. Got an unhealthy attraction to the yarn and the potential blankets I could make. Plus, having every color ever made helps when someone does say they want a blanket.

Eastriel
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 12-26-2017, 04:22 PM

guh i keep getting idstracted

---------- Post added 12-26-2017 at 04:23 PM ----------

oh yeah fools in my freezer

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 12-26-2017, 04:24 PM

Easty, we weren't suppose to know that! Now I can't claim under oath that I had no clue to her whereabouts... guess I'll just have to plead the 5th. Fuck.

Eastriel
(。☉౪ ⊙&...

Old 12-26-2017, 04:26 PM

pray to the gods you dont drop your soap is more apt ;D

Facade

Old 12-26-2017, 05:07 PM

LOL Easty!

Which freezer is Fool in though, Easty? D: There's so many freezers, so little tiiiiime.

And Queen, that's awesome!! I've always wanted to learn to knit, or at least crochet, but every person I've asked over the years to teach me has been right-handed. One absolutely refused and said she can't teach lefties, and the other tried and failed miserably. One or two friends who learned from other friends have also tried to save me from my lefty hell, but to no avail...

I looove blankets and need to acquire knitting/crochet skills somehow. Seems like a great way to be able to do affordable gift-giving that people really appreciate, without the mess of other crafty things I love, like baking... or crime...

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 12-26-2017, 05:08 PM

Pleading the 5th means they can't ask me that question and I can't perjure myself in court. Soap dropping won't be an issue for me, I'm a big girl and I doubt they would mess with me.

---------- Post added 12-26-2017 at 10:11 AM ----------

Baking is one of my loves as well, but I find that it can a lazy task for me. If I start a dough I better finish with baking it, otherwise it gets eaten raw and never sees the inside of an oven.

Check out YouTube, there are a few videos I have seen with lefty crocheters and they are very easy to follow along. Hell, my mom would teach you even though she is a right handed person. Mom loves to teach people just so they can learn the art and continue the tradition of it. She even makes ornaments and what not out of crocheting, quite pretty stuff. In fact, we received two as Christmas gifts this year, I'll take a picture and post it here for you to see after work.

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 12-26-2017, 05:34 PM

What did I walk in on?

Facade

Old 12-26-2017, 05:40 PM

Crocheted ornaments sound so cool!

And maybe I'll do just that, Queen! With this layoff (and unemployment money!), I have idle hands and might as well learn to crochet or knit in the meantime. YouTube might be the way to go, that way I can pause and take my time to get the mechanics really down pat!

Would you recommend crocheting over knitting? I hear crochet can be more relaxing and definitely easier, just not sure if there's a difference in how long things might last/the types of yarns you use/if you're limited by what you can make. D: I really should research these thingies.

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 12-26-2017, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet View Post
What did I walk in on?
Awesomeness that is my thread, Velvet. Nothing clean or pure in this place, straight up filth and debauchery... as it should be.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Facade View Post
Crocheted ornaments sound so cool!

And maybe I'll do just that, Queen! With this layoff (and unemployment money!), I have idle hands and might as well learn to crochet or knit in the meantime. YouTube might be the way to go, that way I can pause and take my time to get the mechanics really down pat!

Would you recommend crocheting over knitting? I hear crochet can be more relaxing and definitely easier, just not sure if there's a difference in how long things might last/the types of yarns you use/if you're limited by what you can make. D: I really should research these thingies.
I prefer crocheting over knitting, just can't get the mechanics down with the knitting.

There is no limit with the crochet, there are so many stitches, patterns and the yarns very greatly. My mom likes to say that the only limit with crocheting is your imagination. If there is a will, there is a way to make it happen. She has done some amazing things with runners, blankets, hats, stockings, scarves, you name it, she has probably done it.

Learn the stitches first and then start with a granny square, they are the most basic and easy thing to produce. There is also hundreds of things to do with granny squares.

Facade

Old 12-26-2017, 05:58 PM

Awesome, thanks so much for encouraging me to try! Is there a certain kind of yarn I should look into? Brand or blend?

I seriously think I may drop by the craft store by me and buy a skein or two or whatever and just go for it. This is going to be a slow weekend of downtime and baking for a New Year's party!

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 12-26-2017, 06:11 PM

Queenie, sounds awesome.

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 12-26-2017, 06:15 PM

I do like the JoAnn brand of yarn, it's called Big Twist. It was recently redone and it's super soft!

Some helpful tips, if you end up loving a yarn that has dye lots, pay close attention to them otherwise you'll be kicking yourself in the ass later when you start a project and then have to go buy more and you get home to see they are close, but not quite the same color. It happens to the best of us.

Also, start with a hook size in the H, I, J or K. It will help you in the long run until you learn how to control your tension better. Remember, it's only yarn, you can pull it out and start over if you have too.

Might I suggest for your first yarn, doing a multicolored pattern yarn. Adds a bit more fun than just the same color for your first project.

---------- Post added 12-26-2017 at 11:16 AM ----------

Velvet, it's a regular collection of awesome up in here.

How you been, sweetcheeks?

Facade

Old 12-26-2017, 06:38 PM

Thanks so much, Queenie! I'll keep you posted with some updates, and definitely want to see your mom's ornaments!! I could use some inspiration.

And thanks for the gift!

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 12-26-2017, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Queen_Andais View Post
Star, bring me back a sausage croissant! I'm starving too! Not sure when breakfast will be showing up here at work.

Facade, it's odd that we haven't seen Precarious...wonder if everything in the real world is going all right for her. Unless of course, Easty made good on some of those threats and the world will never know what happened to her. O.o

Mostly the yarn calls to me. Got an unhealthy attraction to the yarn and the potential blankets I could make. Plus, having every color ever made helps when someone does say they want a blanket.
sorry all we could afford was a box of salsbury stake haha.. and some mountian dew but its food for today and that's all im worried about. sorry its taking so long for you to get foods..

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 12-26-2017, 07:15 PM

thank you andais <3
i had to get lunch but i'm back now n_n

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 12-26-2017, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Facade View Post
Thanks so much, Queenie! I'll keep you posted with some updates, and definitely want to see your mom's ornaments!! I could use some inspiration.

And thanks for the gift!
I can dig out some of the pictures of the blanket I have done in the past, to give you some ideas. Mostly it's granny square blankets, wicked easy and super quick to do.

Can't wait to see what you get done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by star2000shadow View Post
sorry all we could afford was a box of salsbury stake haha.. and some mountian dew but its food for today and that's all im worried about. sorry its taking so long for you to get foods..
Food finally arrived in the shape of a Breakfast burrito, yum!

Time for lunch now, not sure what to get. Hmm, choices choices. Sliced cheese and lunch meat sounds bomb.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monstahh` View Post
thank you andais <3
i had to get lunch but i'm back now n_n
Welcome back, Mon. And you're welcome. Haven't handed out much gold so far and that's bad of me since that was my whole purpose for this thread. Slacker over here.

xoxoAngiexoxo
(◎_◎;)

Old 12-26-2017, 07:22 PM

Thank you for the gold queen

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 12-26-2017, 07:25 PM

aw its fine :3
the holidays are a busy time for most people
i was gone like a whole day of the event!
*mind blown*
i wasn't even aware i was going to be gone that long...sheesh

Queen_Andais

Penpal

Old 12-26-2017, 07:30 PM

You're most welcome, Angie. I've missed seeing you around! How you been?

Been kind of sporadic with me as well being here, Mon. Used to be that I would dedicate the entire event to sitting on the couch with the laptop... now, well, other shit keeps getting in my way. Also feel like I don't have much to say and spewing nonsense just irritates me, and I don't want to irritate others.

xoxoAngiexoxo
(◎_◎;)

Old 12-26-2017, 07:31 PM

I been good just havent gotten into this event much I pop in play chance but havent done much chatting

---------- Post added 12-26-2017 at 01:32 PM ----------

how have you been

monstahh`
faerie graveyard

Old 12-26-2017, 07:37 PM

eh, i just post what comes to mind
i worry more my passionate ramblings annoy people. xD

salvete
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Old 12-26-2017, 07:37 PM

thank you so much queenie <3

---------- Post added 12-26-2017 at 02:38 PM ----------

I'm being sporadic this event as well. Trying to study and also hang out with friends and family this week since it is my only week off until the end of March

xoxoAngiexoxo
(◎_◎;)

Old 12-26-2017, 07:44 PM

I'm just not feeling it maybe its just cause I can't do much with my avi since we can't do trades and all my cis I keep on my mule