Shadami
the one and only

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to Shadami

Old 12-24-2011, 08:26 PM

Hi, my name is Shadami. I'm about to take my first train ride! And it will be on the new train the Spirit of Calesco that cuts across the wonderful island of Menewsha!
I'm super excited!

Many people have told me that keeping a journal while you travel is the best way to remember everything that happens.

----------

Upon entering the Menewsha Central Station I felt like I had entered another world. The spirit of Calesco was gorgeous, all brand new and shiny, ready for its maiden voyage across the island. I held my VIP ticket that I had gotten from Lance with excited hands. Someone would need to bring a tissue soon cause I felt like I was going to cry from happiness.

I wandered around the station for a little while. Huge pillars rose towards an arched ceiling. The entire place was decked out with holiday decorations of green, gold, and red. There was a giant Christmas tree that almost touched the ceiling with the star on top.

Everyone in the station was frolicking around with happy smiles on their faces. I could see Ascadellia, one of my good friends surrounded by people she was chatting with. There was one person wearing a cast on their foot, and walking around on crutches. They were heading for the train already, must be they could get a seat early due to their current health problem. I looked elsewhere to see what else was going on, and saw my old Proffessor Waffu heading towards the train as well with a big bag! Her games were always fun, I’ll try to catch up with her later.

Hmmmm, so many people heading towards the train now I thought. It must be almost time to board I checked my watch. Sure enough the train party was just about to start!

The first car I entered had an interesting shape, with huge windows so you could watch outside and view everything as the train traveled. As soon as I stopped gaping at the amazing area, I realized that Nalin was setting up decorations and chatting with people. I listened in and then joined in the conversation that was all about Holiday stuff. What we normally did to celebrate. I said goodbye and moved on after awhile.

I passed through a grand lounge room next which Mr. Mayor had commandeered to chat with us faithful (fangirls and boys) citizens throughout the trip. Everything was so gorgeous, from the stained glass clerestory, to the tan draperies on the window. Of course, he had commandeered the room that had a bar in it to share some experimental drinks with us. It was a shame I wouldn’t be able to join in the festivities much there since I cannot drink. I did stop to have a hot chocolate and chat with the group of Menewshans that been distracted by Mr. Mayor’s glory and choose to rest there.

As I moved further into the train there was a corridor like most trains had with rooms off to each side. I peeked in the ones with open doors as I walked and saw Sizzla and Daria flipping through modern Menewshan fashion magazines in one, and people crafting things in another. Looked like there was another make a baby contest going on. I already have two children of my own, so I’m not sure if I’m going to join in on that little adventure this trip. Though Artsy Fartsy, and Ninja Yan are a joy to have in the household.

Then I smelled something delightful and ended up closing my eyes and wandering down the corridors drooling. Melody had gained a kitchen on the train and was teasing people with her delightful dishes. Some people were trying to compete with her and come up with even better dishes. That was about when I realized I had made myself lost after being distracted by all the delightful surprises the Spirit of Calesco held within its body.

I was about to ask for directions towards the VIP rooms when I got shoved a chili bowl and was told to test it. “How spicy is it! TELL ME!!!!” It was someone extremely excited that they were cooking on the train.

“Uh… It’s kind of mild” I guess that was not the answer they wanted to hear, but I’m used to stronger spices. They were very dramatic in crying “no” before getting back to work. It was a good chili though, just not spicy.

Finally I ran into Seito who grabbed me saying something about “All minions must be making poetry and stories, and art for me. Why is Sha not in my drafting room!”

So much for finding my VIP room. It looked like this was going to be an even crazier Christmas train trip than I had first imagined.