jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-24-2014, 06:20 PM

I'm going to ask you how you feel about the stuff you've got for this event. I'm not looking for praise or pats on the head, just want to know exactly how you personally feel.

I'll give you some pointers that I'd appreciate you taking into consideration though.

As staff we're stretched pretty thin right now because of that pesky thing called RL.

Consequently:
  • Smaller event as there wasn't the people to put together and host more threads.
  • No new commons because we didn't want to kill Maria, so Cora and me recoloured some existing items instead.
  • No EIs either, for the same reason.
I don't think you guys realise just how crazy Maria's life is. She's a music teacher so she has a fulltime job that includes lesson planning etc. that eats into her after work hours. She has choirs and other performances to both arrange, rehearse for and perform in herself. On top of teaching she's studying for a masters degree. She has a -gasp- social life. And as well as all of that she's got to try and pixel for us as well and do trivial things like, you know, sleep...consequently, in the last 6 months or so Maria's been sick at least once a month, because she's pushing herself way too hard.
I was worried about people feeling they'd been short-changed because of no new things for this event. Responses in the FAQs have been positive which made me feel a lot better, but I'm aware that not that many actually voiced an opinion in there. Hence me asking here. =3

So give me some honest opinions, yeah? I'd really appreciate it.

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 04-24-2014, 06:27 PM

Oh, I absolutely adore the items! The new recolors came in colors that I think were well needed! I can understand that the menewsha staff is incredibly busy, and I think it's incredibly clever to reuse resources that you've already had to create new items! I was kind of sad that we didn't get any new items, but I'm glad that we got new recolors that I'm sure everyone thought we needed.

Lexadis
(ο・㉨・&...
Penpal

Old 04-24-2014, 06:27 PM

Aww Maria shouldn't work too tired jelly! That would be my first concern <3 I wouldn't want my avi to dress up pretty while the creator is having a weak health just because I wanted to have a cuter avi D:
I haven't been stocking myself on any recolours though, because of no gold many people seem to be happy about it though!

And seriously jelly, we are thoroughly enjoying ourselves. There's nothing to stress about

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 04-24-2014, 06:29 PM

Please. Recolors count as new items to me.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 04-24-2014, 07:19 PM

i love them, the recolors, thank you Cora and jelly@

i like the mini-events and even just a weekend was a lot of fun.

i am happy Maria didn't have to do event commons and rares because she had her graduate classes to finish up
LOVE YOU MARIA!!!!!
along with her day to day job with her kids \

i personally love the half price recolored or just a certain color for an event.
we get to use the shopping cart~~i still make duplicates mistakes but that's just me =3
i don't spend goldies on commons, ever, but now you have me blowing all my goldies jelly!

so i think it is an amazing way to do an event, kudos to everyone!

i also like we don't have a bazillion stickie games/contests as i just get lost
everyone has really cute ideas an are keeping us all occupied and happy

Last edited by hummy; 04-24-2014 at 07:25 PM..

M i r o
Comatose

Old 04-24-2014, 07:36 PM

1. I LOVE THE RECOLORING - a lot of items need revamped.
I haven't complained since those clothing items being recolored are ones that I use. So, *shruggles*

2. GO FOR THE LIFE!

3. aha, I would've wanted to host something u w u b
But that's for the event cords & mods, la la la la

anadentone
*^_^*

Old 04-24-2014, 08:13 PM

me gusta :D

llonka
Momma to the Crazies!

Penpal

Old 04-24-2014, 08:29 PM

I love all the recolors! I do think that if one set has say the color Duck egg, then all of them should. I know that's asking a lot though.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 04-24-2014, 08:35 PM

i think jelly's favorite color is the duck eggie

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 04-24-2014, 09:42 PM

One of Cora's favorite colors is duck egg

M i r o
Comatose

Old 04-24-2014, 10:29 PM

Mine is the duck egg and the dusk ~ fufu

Elirona
Giant butt

Penpal

Old 04-24-2014, 10:56 PM

I like the mango! :3c

Cora

Pixel Pixie

Old 04-24-2014, 11:14 PM

duck egg, mango, dusk, teal *files away in her most secret files*

Kent
owo

Penpal

Old 04-25-2014, 12:01 AM

I love the items you chose to recolor and the colors you recolored them in! Thank you, Cora and jelly!!! > w< <333

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 04-25-2014, 12:03 AM

teal, of course, duck egg, moonlight

Maria-Minamino
Musician

Old 04-25-2014, 12:36 AM

<3 I love both you and Cora, Jelly! Thank you for giving me this little break - it came at just the right time <3

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 04-25-2014, 06:56 AM

I'm all about blue as long as it's not purply or greenish!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 04-25-2014, 11:54 AM

hey don't hate on the greenish blue that steal

Ling
The Daydreamer
Penpal

Old 04-25-2014, 12:03 PM

I really appreciate that you guys took the time to recolour existing items, honestly. It is nice that there is more variety in colours to choose from.

I personally also really like the commons that were chosen to be recoloured this time too. But different people have different tastes and I don't mind if for smaller events different relevant themed colours and items were chosen.

Aganab
Butt

Old 04-25-2014, 12:22 PM

I think the new items are all super awesome. The recolours are all first-class, with not only the colours used being really pretty and vibrant, but also with the items you chose to recolour being some of my favourite items. Let's just say that the Rabbit shop is about as bad for my pocket as St. Paddy's Mountain

And, I don't know, I think the event is pretty great. Sure, it's not as active as some of the past events were, but there's a few games (and this time I got to participate in all of them, because of how long this event runs for), and they're all fun. There's the dice game, a scavenger hunt (!), and an artsy-type thing, so I reckon all the categories are ticked. Plus, the raffle is such a great idea! You don't really see those old items around much, and the raffle is such a good way of giving them to users who are going to use them, and who are active on Mene.

Dear Staff, all of Mene's users really appreciate how hard you work so we can have some fun. Thank you for this awesome event, and for your daily hard work for this site!

jellysundae
bork and means

Assistant Administrator

Old 04-25-2014, 01:41 PM

I'm thrilled at more positive responses to the items chosen. I'll tell you the biggest problem here, it's that the items which would most benefit from recolours, are the ones that aren't ever going to get done.

This being because they're old, and the pixeling is not up to current standards. There are much older sets that only come in two or three colours, but the pixels are shoddy so they're not being touched. Also, there was the fact that most commons are fairly event/time of year specific, so a lot of the time a new colourway isn't going to make something look suitable for Spring, it's still going to be a winter garment or whatever.

Then there's the issue (which could well be just my personal issue) of do you recolour every part of the set, or not? I did all items of the Valentina/tino set. This was another reason for choosing this set in particular, all the pieces were good items that would benefit from coming in more shades.

Part of me absolutely wants to cherrypick suitable individual items from older sets; a shirt here, a pair of shoes there, and so on. But I'm so very aware of the future confusion and awkward questions that could arise from that, about why is just X item from a set available in 20 colours, when the rest of it only comes in 8, you know?

All in all, there's not as much choice for recolours as you might think.

Alt 0153
⊙ω⊙

Old 04-25-2014, 01:42 PM

I love duck egg, mango and the spring green.

I love all of the recolours!

Maria is a busy lady, I'm not expecting a lot!
xD

The event was fun, since all I did was chat and roll dice!
xDD

Melody
(づ ̄ ³ ̄) ...

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Melody Send a message via MSN to Melody

Old 04-25-2014, 04:18 PM

I'm cranky so I'm going to complain: Why does nothing match the Dirty Punk Turquoise?? I just want something to go with my damn stomping boots!

Other than that, I love the recolors. This event actually made me want to use the duck egg color...and now I'm a bit obsessed with it. MOAR DUCK EGG. Urm.....I like the smaller events. I mean, our events are generally smaller anyway, but I like it. And this one was nice for me to start poking around in threads again which is something I haven't done a whole lot of in the past oh let's say two years? It's been nice! So all in all, I like it. Not that it takes much to please me. But really, it's a sweet little social event. Like having friends over to color eggs. It's small and sweet and nobody had to spend gobs of money on supplies. I like those parties.

M i r o
Comatose

Old 04-25-2014, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post
teal, of course, duck egg, moonlight
I like the moonlight too. Especially midnight (is that the other one?)
Because they're closely related to Shoshos coloring pallet for the Pantaloons which I LOVE 8)

Amane
(ღ˘⌣˘ư...

Old 04-25-2014, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post
hey don't hate on the greenish blue that steal
I am not hating on it, squirrel! I just get disappointed when I hear "blue," expect a pure blue, and get PURPLE or turquoise.