HC-Gal
Badass Freakin' Overlord!
Send a message via MSN to HC-Gal Send a message via Yahoo to HC-Gal

Old 05-25-2014, 06:47 PM

Ambrosia followed Makoto rather quietly, still unsure of exactly what was meant, what kind of preparation for dinner required another person? Materials? Her choice to choose? Choose what? The answer turned out to be dressed, she'd seen some women wearing such things in public, but it had never occurred to her to try something similar as she gave Makoto a confused look
"I am supposed to wear one of these? None of them appear to be suited for combat." She replied, staring at the the dresses again. There was also the fact that long flowing dresses were at risk of snagging in machinery, "What exactly is the purpose of this?" She questioned, looking at Makoto again, "I do not understand."

Jerry watched Destro finally react more openly about something, he found himself grinning a bit then snorting once the older man had finished lecturing the mouthy guardsmen, that probably put the fear of god into them. It took a certain level of mental fortitude to even stay inside the cockpit of a mech. The earlier models were cramped, Mark 2's had more space but it was still a small space, mark 3's were afforded even more space but there was always the fear that one day the chest of your unit would be pierced and that would be the end of it.
Factor in all those little terrors and lacks of comfort along with the physical stress of controlling a mech as a perfect combat tool and it was nearly impossible for even a seasoned pilot of a gunship or the driver of a tank, in both those cases there were often extra crew members or copilots too, you weren't often alone in them.
Those bozo's frankly had no idea what they were talking about,
"Wish I could give some of the higher ups a piece of my mind," He leaned on his hand, pulling out the black card again and staring at it, "Tomorrow at the bay huh? Man whatever.. Next time I'm gonna lit that lady do whatever she wants,"

"If by do whatever she wants you mean let her rush headlong into potentially fatal situations and not give a damn," Claire's voice came from behind, her knuckles dropping on Jerry's head and he winced, freezing in place, "Then you're goin' about this the wrong way, we didn't try to help her at all the first time around, look how that fucked us up." She rubbed her knuckles down on his head, Jerry letting out slight ows as she did so,
"As much as I hate to admit it, that stone-faced Barbie Doll had more confidence than us, she beat us. Next time around we prove we can keep up,"
"Yes moooom," Jerry grumbled, rolling his eyes, Claire's immediate reaction was to wrap her arm around his neck,
"What was that, you squirt?! I couldn't hear you..!" She glared at Trigger as well whilst Jerry reached to his friend for help, of course he was grinning away once more,
"Dying..! Happy.. Next to.. Boobs..!" Jerry choked out , so Claire squeezed harder,
"Oh you are dead meat, Jerry Marston!" She yelled, staring at Trigger again, knowing he would get in on this, "And you'll be next!"

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 05-25-2014, 07:12 PM

She chuckled lightly, "no combat tonight...merely human relations and the like." She laid the dresses upon the bed. "Choose whichever you like best" she turned to prepare a few other things. Destro sat at the table, his good eye turning on Jerry and Claire as they began their scuffle. Trigger laughed, reaching up lightly to poke Claire's chest. "Bigger than grenades, but not sub missles" he laughed again, a joke about her size in general. When she said he was next, he smiled "ooo Clairey the Canary feeling frisky~" With that he laughed, grabbing Jerry's hand. He pulled him away and out of the room knowing it would send the female over the edge.

Once more Destro sighed, man his co-workers were a bunch of kids. He would have to step in eventually, but after the day they had had, he would allow them to have a bit of their fun. So he simply sat there, enjoying his smoke. Yamato himself was getting ready. He hated such formal occassions. They were a waste of time, when he could be doing something more productive. He had taken a shower, drying off his body a bit. Running a hand through his hair, he sighed slightly as the remnants of the water's heat lingered on him. He slipped on a pair of black pants, before a black silk dress shirt was applied as well. Buttoning it up, he tucked it in for the most part before he applied his belt. He looked in the mirror, attempting to get his black tie straight.

It was a dark outfit, but it fit his body quite nicely. With the addition of his military coat, that reached nearly to the floor around him, all that was left was a few small bits of the more military side of it. He placed on and laced up a pair of black leather boots. Even for such an intimidating man at his young age, any would have said he looked very handsome in formal uniform. Normally his choice in clothing was a tad more relaced to be able to move and function. Seeing as he would be stuck in a ball room tonight though, it was going to have to do. He slipped his pocket watch into place, as well as a pair of cuffs upon his sleeves. The last part of his outfit was his signature black leather gloves. He glanced at his reflection once more with his usual monotoned expression.

Running a hand down his tie to straighten it, he checked the time. They should be getting ready to go soon, but he had one more piece of business to deal with before that happened. Stepping out of his private on base quarters, he walked off alone to deal with said business.

HC-Gal

Old 05-25-2014, 08:10 PM

Human relations? It seemed an acceptable concept, but why did she have to choose one of these dresses? She stared at the collection, some of it seemed too complex, too many pieces, she didn't like complicated things. A strange paradox considering hoe complex her thinking was in regards to her own combat unit.Eventually her eyes stopped on a black dress, it didn't seem too complex but.. As she got closer to it and picked it up, she turned it slightly in hand and glanced at Makoto,
".. How.. Do I put it on..?" She asked. She had already resigned herself to the fact that she couldn't avoid this situaiton forever, may as well try it now. It gave her something to do rather than wander around aimlessly. At least Makoto knew what she was doing, as far as Ambrosia could tell, so she wasn't without help in this particular matter.

Claire raised her fist at the young men as they ran,
"I'll kill you both in your sleep...!" She yelled, though as they left she lowered her arm and slipped into the seat across from Destro, smiling slightly as she stared after where they'd gone, resting her head in her hand, "You brats.." She smirked to herself, one other thing that she always had in Talos was Trigger and Jerry, not unlike being at home with her own brothers, it felt like family to her. All she was trying to do now was return it to that state,
"Leevi," She glanced over at him finally, the smile on her ace slowly fading, "Carl never talked a great deal about his life.. How much did you know about him, in the end?"

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 05-25-2014, 08:29 PM

"We will get it all worked out" she said, "for now, take a shower and relax...then we will get you all fixed up." She walked to the bathroom, starting a nice hot shower for the female. She was silent as she worked a bit, looking over at her once she walked back out. "The water is running, I'll return in a few moments" with that, she walked out. Destro watched the woman across from him a bit. She was asking about their team mate. Honestly, if anyone knew him best it would have been Destro. The two of them like brothers since young age. He sighed slightly, tapping a bit of ash from the end of his cigar. "You wouldn't believe the half of it....all that matters is he was a good man...he did alright by those he cares about, and he took care of business" he stood.

"He was a part of this team, and a part of this family....that will never change" with that he walked out. Destro could be quite cryptic himself when he wanted to be, his words though made people think and react on most occasions. When Makoto returned, she laid out the chosen dress, waiting for Ambrosia to get done with her shower. She picked a simple pair of black heels to go along with the dress, and laid out a choice of jewlery and makeup that would flatter it if the woman chose. She would have to do her part, the other woman did not seem to have a clue about this kind of thing. That was fine with her, she did not mind helping out if she was able.

HC-Gal

Old 05-25-2014, 09:08 PM

By the time Makoto had exited the bathroom once preparing it, Ambrosia had removed the most of her uniform. Although she seemed petite in size, her body had the appearance of supply strength, with the synthetically formed muscle it all looked smooth and perfect, nothing imperfect at all about the flesh, The only thing the synthetic flesh lacked was natural hair, shaving was a non-issue for her legs, there were still naturally formed patterns in her palms and what looked like natural vein-like structures in her arms, subtle and barely noticeable wiring that still provided the synthetic flesh blood, allowing the false nervous system to feel, an eye for detail made it all looked absolutely untouched and natural. If a doctor were to unknowingly inject one of these veins it would have been no different to a normal arm. But they might have noticed the unnatural feel of the solid cybernetics underneath.

She calmly stripped her remaining layers, barely concerned at Makoto's presence at all as she folded up her clothes piece by piece and set them aside, modesty was also not something she was accustomed to, although the Doctor had told her never to undress around males unless she actually wanted to. She never really understood the rule but followed his instructions. With that done she headed towards the bathroom calmly,
"I will wait for your return," She replied calmly, disappearing into the bathroom.

Claire hadn't honestly believed she would have gotten much out of him, but it was nice to know at least a little more from Leevi's perspective. She watched him get up and leave, eventually leaning back and staring up at the ceiling momentarily, she hoped that soon they could get a proper chance to give Carl a burial, whether they had his body or not. For now she needed to get herself back into proper shape.. She was headed for the range next.

Upon Makoto's return, Ambrosia had cleaned up and dried herself off, turning the hot water off and stepping out to see the dress being laid out, she once again walked over to it, staring at the extra accessories, the other think she didn't exactly have was decent underwear to wear with the dress, but she looked at the other available objects and picked up one of the pieces of make up, pulling it open and staring at the red lipstick,
"What manner of weapon is this..?" She asked curiously, glancing at the other female again.

[Hell yes I'm integrating that into this post xP]

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 05-25-2014, 10:56 PM

Makoto was prepared with all manner of things for the other, glancing over at her a bit as she lifted the lipstick. "That...would be lipstick" she said, walking over. She took it from the female, it was a light red in color, and would work well with the dress. "I will show you how to use it...for now" she took her hand, pulling her over to the bed. She supplied the female with a black bra and under garments she would need. She figured she knew well enough how to address those without an explination. Picking up the dress, she slid down the zipper in the back. "See simple, you merely need to slip it on...then I will zip it up for you" she laid it back on the bed with a smile. Moving to the accessories, she found a pair od simple black hoop earrings that would look nice, as well as a simple black diamond choker.

It would look perfect, once she got finished with dressing. As for her hair, Makoto thought of a simple bun with curled ringlets would be sufficient. Glancing at the clock, they had enough time to get things done. She figured the chief would be ready already, waiting on them. She began to lay out things so they would be in the needed order to get this done efficiently and beautifully. Yamato paused outside Owen's office. He had taken care of buisiness, but had not had a chance to ask him what he had desired to earler. Raising a hand, he knocked lightly upon the door. After this, he would open the door to step inside.

HC-Gal

Old 05-26-2014, 12:59 AM

Ambrosia just continued to give her an odd look, so this was why some women had oddly colored lips. It was a case of changing ones appearance.. There was purpose to it? She honestly wasn't sure, but she slipped on the undergarments then, after considering what Mikoto had said, eventually figured out the best way to slip into the dress, the fact that it was maybe a little bit smaller than her normal size served only to have it hug her body and define her shape. There was little in the way of embarrassment for her though.

The earrings would prove useless, however, her ears weren't pierced. It wasn't exactly like Owens had considered something like that coming up? She wasn't even sure what to think of the choker, giving it an odd look while Makoto did something to her hair. She knew how to keep it clean but this was obviously something different. It was an uncomfortable situation. Dressed in something unusual, having her hair changed, she wasn't sure she liked this, but Yamato had made the request..
"Do you know why he has requested this of me?" She asked calmly, wondering if perhaps she had an idea or even knew directly, it wasn't like she could go all day without asking.

Owens looked up for a brief he was reading through, staring at the door momentarily before, closing the brief and setting it aside,
"It's open," He called, shuffling a few of his papers around on his desk and reorganizing them before grabbing one of his pens whilst he reached into one of the open drawers tot he side of his desk calmly. His office was fairly standard, nothing personal of note, a shelf full of books on material he was researching, some filing cabinets but nothing that really gave anyone a sense of the Doctor himself.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 05-26-2014, 02:16 AM

She helped her fix the dress, thankful for considering the clip on idea with earrings. She had noted before the other did not seem to be the type to have her ears pierced. They were simple but elegant, and would suffice for the night. Fixing her hair, she looked at her as she asked what Yamato could want. She thought for a moment, "I wish I could tell you...but even after working with him for so long, even I do not always know what is going through his mind." She sighed a bit, sometimes the chief could be so...distant, closing himself off to everyone and everything. Some wondered if he was afraid of getting close to people, or if it was naturally because of how he was raised.

She could not tell for certain, but she knew there was a heart behind that icy exterior. She finished with her hair, moving around to finish up with her make up. Smiling approvingly, she picked up a mirror, handing it to the other to see what she looked like. Yamato stepped into the office. He was at times down in the lab, but rarely ever did he come over to the doctor's office. He had a lot to do on the more surface side of things. Looking at the doctor, he thought of how to put what he needed into words. "My father spoke to you often correct?" he began, getting to the point but not jumpping to it as he usually did. It was not a hesitation, it was more of testing the waters a bit, something he rarely did.

He was typically bold and blunt. Reaching into his pocket, he slipped out a plan white piece of peper. It was about a forth of a normal sheet, and Yamato handed it over to the other. There was nothing upon it, other than the simple ' Nemesis '. "Does this mean anything to you?" he asks. Through all of his father's files, paperwork, buisiness...everything, this word had not arose as a password or in any of it at all. He had happened across the paper within an antique chess set. It was one of the rare things his father and he would connect on as Yamato grew up. His father would often refer to life as a game of chess or the like. Yamato knew it had to mean something, it had been put in the set for a reason.

But as of the moment, he was drawing a bit of a blank. Typically, he would have kept something as such private and delt with it himself, but speaking to the doctor about a simple word might provide useful, since the two often spoke. If not, then it would be fine as well, he would move on. Even asking now however, he had a feeling the doctor would not be of much use to him in the end.

HC-Gal

Old 05-26-2014, 06:12 AM

The woman stared ahead of herself silently, listening to Makoto while she worked on her hair, the blonde waited patiently for the other to finish what she was doing. When the mirror was offered to her she looked back at herself, the LED's in her left eye taking in the new information, but then she held up her left hand to cover it, staring at herself with only the right, again, trying to look at it from a human perspective..
She wasn't sure what to think of it, so used to having her hair down, it almost looked like she was seeing some-one else as she pulled a half-confused look,
"People like looking this way..?" She asked though it was rhetorical. She stood up, setting the mirror aside and looked down at the dress. She supposed the dress wasn't so bad. It just wasn't something she could consider functional, she couldn't pilot in it, but Makoto had stated this was nothing to do with combat, so that made sense. it didn't restrict her movements exactly either, if she suddenly needed to fight; then she could still do that. She stared over at Makoto quietly for a moment,
"What is your path?" She asked, she was sincere in her question, perhaps if she got a better idea from more people, it might make more sense to her.

Owens glanced at Yamato as the younger man entered. It was a slight surprise to see him there but Owens simply waited to see what he wanted,
"Quite the reverse, barely as much as I would have liked, but when he did, it was often important." He replied, turning towards Yamato and stood up to reach over and take the piece of paper. Nemesis was written on it, but he stared at it calmly,
"If you mean the word itself, I know what it is.. But it doesn't mean anything specific to me." He replied, passing it back to the younger man, he slowly sat down again, "I'll keep my ear to the ground, if necessary..? Is there anything else you need?"

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 05-26-2014, 06:23 PM

Makoto was cleaning up, as the other spoke up a bit about the appearance. She let her look at herself and decide what she thought. Pausing when she asked what her path was, Makoto glanced over at her. "My path?" she thought for a moment. "My path and my home is here...with the team and the chief" she closed the makeup kit. "Even if I am not a pilot or out in the main field....I desire to do what I can to help those I care for" she looked at the female. "To do my part to help..." she picked ip the case, before nodding to the woman. "The car will be down front waiting for you and the chief" with that she allowed the other to finish up anything she needed to before they left, walking out. Yamato took the paper back from the other, not even glancing at it before folding it and placing it away again.

So, his suspicions had been right, the doctor had been useless in thelling him what he needed to know. He closed his eyes for a moment, sighing inwardly. This had been another dead end, but at least it had been done. He said he would keep an ear out, but Yamato doubted anything would surface so easily. Opening his eyes, he looked at the man once more as he asked if there was anything else. "I will be out for the evening...If anything arises, Makoto will be on call and able to reach me" with that, he turned away from the other. He paused for a moment, doing something uncharacteristic of himself. "Thank you" he walked out, walks out. Heading down the hall, he slips his hands within his pockets once more. His mind in thoughts of various things, as he headed down the hall towards the front.

HC-Gal

Old 05-26-2014, 07:20 PM

Ambrosia listened to what Makoto had to say, but the concepts still seemed a little far from her own knowledge, she called it her home. It wasn't exactly what Ambrosia was able to qualify as a home, but then she'd never experienced an actual home, except maybe to some degree with the Doctor. The sentence that caught her mind though was I desire to do what I can to help I care for. It wasn't a concept she understood directly, but it at least created self-purpose, it was similar in essence to Ambrosia's loyalty, if she was serving some-one she would do everything in her power to be of service, if she couldn't even do that, she would become worthless. She wondered if Makoto would react similarly to such a situation. She stared at the clothing she had on once more and reached up to her ears to feel the earrings, then lowered her hands again,
"Thank you." She stated walking around awkwardly for a moment int he heels until she understood how to keep her balance, it really was strange, one wrong step and she felt like she would fall flat on her face, "Wearing these things might be a good training strategy, it would certainly teach how to keep your balance in adverse conditions.." She commented as she began to walk towards the front of the base.

"Oh man you really are pushing the buttons, you know of these days Claire's totally gonna snap your haaaa-?!" Jerry came to a stand still as Makoto and Ambrosia passed. his jaw hung open as he watched them, for a moment he hadn't even recognized the new ice queen, except she still had that expressionless look on her face, but seeing her go from a soldier uniform to a dress was like looking at two almost completely different people.

Owens stared at Yamato calmly, nodding calmly to the young male, tough smiled ever slightly when the boy actually thanked him. He wasn't sure anything warranted thanking, but it was interesting at least to hear something like that. he wasn't about to make a fuss over it as he went about rearranging his papers. If this Nemesis were truly something important though, an ear to the ground was a mild comparison to what efforts the Doctor might make to start being nosy.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 05-26-2014, 10:32 PM

Trigger laughed, looking at Jerry when he fell silent. His eyes moved to the two ladies, and he watched silently as they passed. He was tempted to whistle, but let it slide for now. Makoto glanced at the boys, a small smile forms upon her lips. She led the other down to the front of the compound. A black limo waiting there. Turning her head, Makoto noticed Yamato walk out from the base. Black as well within his choice of clothing, the two of them matched well to Makoto. She walked over to him, whispering into his ear for a moment. He nodded, and she turned to go back inside. Yamato walked over to Ambrosia, looking at her for a moment. "You look stunning" he said, a compliment. He was a gentleman when he wanted to be. Opening the door for her to get in, he moved around to the other side to be let in himself.

It was already beginning to move to late afternoon. The driver cut off from the two of them to give them their privacy. He rested his elbow upon the arm of the door. His head lightly resting upon his hand. He looked outside the window, still in thought a bit as once she would get in, they would take off. The ride was smooth, the car silent as it moved along. Placing two naturally more quiet and solitary people in one place would have made anyone squirm uncomfortably, if anyone else had been there. Yamato glanced over, his eyes running over her a bit, taking in a more detailed look as he thought back upon what the doctor had mentioned earlier that day. One of the sentances stuck out to him, about her enjoying the machines since within them none could see her smile. Perhaps it was more like him. He was only ever able to smile left alone by the world. He pondered this for a moment.

He remembered growing up, he rarely ever smiled. He was taught of being strong and ruling with an iron fist as his father put it. One had to decide their ideals and stick to them. He had seen many of these instances within his father. He was the man you either loved or hated. Most hated or feared him, but he was always one to be respected. He was a man of his word, able to get things done in an efficient way. He had not seen his father smile within the face of others either. He had seen one..a rare one once when it was the three of them. Yamato, his father and his mother...they were on their island. This tugged his mind to the next days events. He had not realized that within his thoughts, he was semi staring off into space, within her direction.

HC-Gal

Old 05-27-2014, 12:08 AM

"My intention is not to paralyze you. You do not look as though you have been incapacitated either." Ambrosia replied, she wasn't even aware she was capable of doing that without physical violence. Though when he held the door open for her she glanced at him briefly before climbing in. It wasn't so much modesty that made her make sure the dress didn't slip away entirely to reveal her legs but she held on to it while getting into her seat, it didn't seem like it would be tidy if it did draw away while she was moving.

She sat down in silence, staring at the door as it closed. One further analysis of his words in her mind, she wondered if it was another of those concepts she didn't understand. It wasn't uncommon for her to miss metaphors, had it been one? If that was the case, what did he mean exactly by her looking stunning? Confusing, much too confusing.. Was the entire dinner going to be like that? She was starting to consider this to be a very bad idea.. But it was too late now.. Or perhaps not, she wondered if the glass was bullet proof, if it was there might be some shearing of her skin if she tried to break out, but Doctor Owens could fix her..

Perhaps that wasn't such a good idea, a little too extreme in this particular case. She looked over at Yamato only momentarily once he'd gotten in, then looked over as the driver closed his small window. Which left the two of them in the silence of the car. She stared blankly out the window again, but briefly caught the reflection of Yamato in the glass as they passed into the shade of a building. She turned her focus towards him again, hands cross in her lap as she stared at him in return, gauging him. The appearance of his suit was unique,s he hadn't seen that specific type before, but she found that all she was doing was looking for data again. Life wasn't all about Data, right?

She lifted her left hand, covering her left eye as she always did, it was ultimately out of habit as her human eye took him in. Something about looking at him though made something in her uncomfortable. Her heart rate was increasing, information in her left eye let her know that it was increasing her surface temperature, though only marginally, blood coursed to her face, making her blush but she didn't understand why entirely. Something about looking at him up close. The image of him earlier seemed to flash up as well as talking to him directly.

The woman dropped her hand and looked forward again, crossing her hands once more, she was actually fidgeting a little in her discomfort, unsure of what to think, she wanted to say something but every choice seemed to fade from her mind as pointless or out of place until she finally settled on something,
"I believe I mistook a metaphor for a literal statement.. What did you mean exactly?"

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 05-27-2014, 01:09 AM

Yamato had been slipping more and more into thought. He did not register her even looking back at him, before she began reguarding him in an odd manner. He noted the shift in her, raising an eyebrow slightly as she moved to return her gaze ahead of her. When she spoke up, he listened to her question. What did he mean? He figured she must have meant the comment. "I meant you looked beautiful..nice...It suits you" he said in his same tone, watching her for the moment of his addressing her question. After a moment, he himself adverted his gaze out the window a bit to once more blanket the car within silence. "There are a few things you need to understand" he said, not looking at her this time.

"There will be various other military members here, not only from ours, but from all over the world" he rested his head upon his hand once more. "A few of them will be the shareholders of C.R.O.N.O.S...those who seek to destroy me and who seemed to have used plenty of people to do so" it was slightly a hint at now knowing a bit more on her, but he did not linger on it and it did not give away that he actually knew anything at all. "You are free to speak to whoever, it matters little..." he watched a bird flock fly by. She knew little at this point that could be of any damage to him, or to his team. "The only bit of information you are forbidden to bring up is the mechs...beside the basics, there is nothing they need to know even if asked. Especially about the testing that happened in connection to the new weaponry this afternoon"

He glanced at her, " as far as others need to know for now...it does not exist understood?" He knew other nations were working on such, but so far the only viable data and weapons were safely tucked away with Diego and his team. Other that, the shareholders would be in for a little surprise tomorrow. He would allow her to respond before continuing. "It is relatively simple events, dinner...and a lot of attempts at business and speaking" he knew he would be approached quite a bit that evening, by a few people. He let a light bit of air pass from his lips. "Quite redundant and a waste of time really...." he did not say what else he was thinking, for it was really only a way to get the shareholders off his back with them wishing to keep him constantly in their sights.

They would not have had to much trouble with him if he was as such, they desired someone they could manipulate. Someone they could control, who would do what they wanted without question, under their belt. He was far from that, and that is what they hated. He was much more than they could handle or control. He was his father's son with the potential to do so much more. They were afraid of him...afraid of his making it to his twenty fith birthday and succeeding his father as head of C.R.O.N.O.S. Or worse....they were afraid of the unknown with him, and there was plenty of unknown with Yamato. He had fallen silent once more.

HC-Gal

Old 05-27-2014, 04:08 AM

Beautiful and nice cropped up as words and the girls eyes shifted, she found her head lowering as she angled her head toward him again. Beautiful, nice, positive words, she knew their meaning, but she had never assigned these to her appearance before, perhaps it was because of the way she was dressed? The Doctor had often taught her about praise, he often showed praise when she performed well in certain tasks, not combat, but simpler things, human things, it was through that praise that she'd learned much of what could be considered right from wrong.

She looked at him directly as he spoke again. The very moment he said the word shareholders, her left eye lit up, the pupil glowing red. There was a tranquil intensity to her at that time as she turned more towards him, now fully enthralled in what he was saying. It was a sign of how much she disliked them. She was of the same opinion of Doctor Owens in regards to them, though there was also the suggestion of officials from other continents. She doubted any representatives of Midland would be there considering Frontier and Midland forces were currently at war. And the South Islands remained isolated from the world, but occasionally contact was made from inside, offering resources for resources, simple barter and trade before closing themselves off again.

"The solution is simple, I shall simply act oblivious to such matters." She replied, the red glow of her eye slowly faded into lesser colors that soon too rescinded, the woman leaned back into the chair, still staring quietly at Yamato. It seemed doing unnecessary and pointless things were also a necessity. She at least shared his dislike for wasting time, he knew that much already. She wondered if the Shareholders would recognize her, or not, she never saw them directly but Doctor Owens had shown her pictures of them. She wondered if they had at least seen images of her. She needed to confirm that at least, that wasn't the case she could integrate certain behavioral patterns into her oblivious act,
"Why did you want me to come with you?" She found herself asking curiously, "Would your second not be more directly suited for a task such as this?"

Last edited by HC-Gal; 05-27-2014 at 04:10 AM..

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 05-27-2014, 02:22 PM

He remained silent at her question for a moment, then spoke up. “It is simple, there are a few reasons for such” he glanced at her, “they believe in keeping me on what they think is a short leash…under constant surveillance. You are part of their ploy to do so, so what better way to make them believe they have what they want then to have you by my side? “ He looked back out the window, “it may also provide useful in your attempts to learn correct? Various situations can teach and reveal various things about people and subjects. So as much as it is pointless, you could choose to use it for learning purposes as well.” They had arrived, before a large building. Lights out front casted it in a warm glow, while people in formal wear could be glimpsed inside as well as out as they waited to be introduced. A slight frown tugged at Yamato’s mouth, as he regarded the scene. He did not move for a moment, and would have rather left if he could.

No such luck, as the driver got out to open the door for them. He slipped out, holding out his hand to gently help her out of the car. He once more looked at the building, and his hair seemed to shadow his face a bit more. He composed himself rather quickly, his monotone slightly bored look returning to its place. Taking her hand once more, he walked with her to the doors, where the announcer immediately recognized him. He announced Yamato to the hall, and immediately nearly everyone glanced over towards them. Some began to whisper, while others just stared in silence at the pair. Other than the music, it had fallen quite silent as he entered. Most of the hub was about him in general, while a bit of it centered around the female with him. He could already pick out a few of the shareholders off near the bar watching from the corner of his eye. He expected to see them rather quickly. A man with a tray passed, handing both of them a glass to drink.

HC-Gal

Old 05-27-2014, 07:27 PM

"I knew it would be likely for the doctor to tell you about the nature of my existence." She replied, seeming to withdraw a little, it was the slightest hint of shame, that one overwhelmingly constant feeling inside her of being different was rearing its head as usual, the second half of his reasoning felt a little like an after-thought though, but then again, maybe not. She wondered which one mattered more specifically, though she figured it was likely the former,
"I do not think this will be an entirely positive experience. I will keep my guard up near these people." Ambrosia stated, it was bad enough that the shareholders would be there. Sure she at least had Yamato nearby but the rest.. She wondered if any at all were even going to be worth talking to.

She watched as Yamato took a moment before finally climbing out and offering his hand to her. for a brief moment she saw not her new leader, but the Doctor, offering his hand when she was younger. It was the first time she'd ever felt inclined to reaching out and taking it, the first actual desire she could recall. She reached out and took Yamato's hand carefully, her hand was slightly warm. The materials underneath weren't exactly pure cold metals, all carefully crafted synthetics, just as her skin, designed to deal with being warm, and generate warmth in cold situations.

Her grip on his hand, however, was gentle, delicate even, she'd learned the precision of how hard or soft to hold something, initially she used to break glass in her grip. She stepped out calmly, glancing around briefly. Some of the males had female escorts. They held on to their men in various ways. She wasn't sure which one was appropriate for her being with Yamato in this fashion. So she picked one at random as they walked in. She stood closer to him, reaching one arm up to his bicep from under his arm, holding there whilst she placed the other on his fore-arm.

Interestingly enough she noted that in this particular position it would not have been much of a task to force some-one to the ground and pin them like this. With this in mind she actually commended the grip in her head and stared around silently at those in the place, keeping herself pressed close to Yamato as if afraid to break off. When the drink was offered, she glanced at it briefly, holding it up in one hand then sniffed at it,
"The alcohol content is 10 grams per 100 milliliter.. Doctor said I should not touch the stuff. However, he did not express why.."

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 05-27-2014, 09:31 PM

"There is nothing wrong with your existance" Yamato said simply. He paid little mind to the people around them, even though they paid plenty to him. The other's comment on the drink was amusing. Yamato himself was not much of a drinker surprisingly, especially on the job. He took her glass and his, handing them to the next waiter who passed by. Instead, he led her to the bar, closer to where other eyes were waiting. He retrieved two glasses of water instead, handing one to her. His eyes moving to the crowd, he sighed a bit. Many were dancing, music playing around them. It was more classical in nature. There would be dinner coming soon enough, but for now, they would be left to mingle until the final guests arrived. As a few people began to pass by, they said hello to him. He merely nodded his greetings to them, rather than actually speak.

Small talk was not really his forte, he would have rather been involved in a conversation worth something. That was another reason why this was pointless. The event was of face value. At the end of the day, very little actual business would be getting done. It was for show and for relations more than anything. He looks at her, his eyes on her within the warm glow of the light. She really did look beautiful standing there. He took a light sip of the water within his hand. It was cool, giving him a moment's break from the scene around him. He could feel eyes on him from the side, it would only be moments before the shareholders began to slink over to attempt sinking their claws within him. He wondered how their little supposid pawn would handle herself. Would she have the strength to stand tall and hold them off. Or would it in the end get the best of her?

HC-Gal

Old 05-28-2014, 12:48 AM

There is nothing wrong with your existence
Ambrosia found herself baffled by this sentence. It was the last thing she'd expected to heard from anyone, she certainly couldn't believe that she'd heard Yamato say it. That strange warmth from earlier come to her again as she continued to hold onto his arm, suddenly stuck, focused on him. As he replaced their drinks with alcohol she felt something move down her right cheek. She reached up drawing her hand away from his arm momentarily and brushed whatever it was aside before looking at her hand. Water? From her eye? The doctor called these things tears, she'd seen it, maybe once or twice, when talking to him, he reacted strangely to certain things she had said. Tears were formed when something saddened a person, at least he explained it that way, but then he went on to say it also happened if the person was happy. Though sometimes it was just because the eye had been irritated by an outside source since it was rather sensitive.

Putting it all together, she realized that what Yamato had said had made her happy, he'd said something that had made her unconsciously happy. She wiped the remainder away with a paper cloth before holding on to Yamato's arm again, she was silent again, but still that warm feeling permeated her,
"For shame, Hatsuharu Yamato, making a young lady cry." A voice spoke up nearby, his accent was definitely that of a Britannian, the leading representatives of the Midland forces, a suave and sophisticated demeanor surrounded the brown-haired individual, deep brown eyes staring at them as he grinned, "You shouldn't take your frustrations at the failure of your little group out on such a beautiful creature.." The man added, he took an opportunity as Ambrosia set her glass aside to grab her hand and kiss the top of it, however he then pulled his hand back sharply, giving the woman a strange stare as he rubbed his fingers, in that instant she'd reflexively tried to crush his fingers in sudden panic, "My-my, quite the grip... Ah yes, allow me to introduce myself, Alexander Septimus, I oversee our Royal Guard and the Midland Knights, the same group that fended off your recent attack. Naughty-naughty." He offered with a smile and a wave of his better hand's index finger along with a disapproving tut-tut.

There was a man hanging close by to him, he had reddish hair and wore a similar uniform to the one talking. Both wore a white outfit, a lengthy coat, thin fabric so that they didn't get too hot, beneath that was a white dress-shirt of sorts and long slacks. The emblem of the Royal Guard was emblazoned on the back, a golden cross of St Peter, representing that they would throw away all things, event heir faith, to achieve their goals,
"Ah but alas, we are here on a little matter of business. the matter of your fallen comrades body. of course it is only proper we return the body after having dissected-" He smiled wryly, "-I mean, gathering the pieces for you.. A mission of goodwill with the diplomatic immunity that comes along with it," it was obviously meant to provoke, but he knew that it wouldn't actually work, he was purposefully and openly taunting the younger man.

Ambrosia had already begun to ignore the man talking to stare at the red-head. The other man was silent. Glancing occasionally at his charge but pulling an odd sort of face. he clearly wasn't happy to be here either. Besides the fact that it was an enemy nation and he had to play nice for now, especially around all these suits. She could see the intense look in his eyes, murderous intent, a monster that did better when unleashed from his chain. Though he may be dressed up at the time, he was far more threatening and dangerous than the one flapping his gums to Yamato, yet he wasn't even breathing a word.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 05-28-2014, 01:36 AM

The instant the voice rose up, Yamato clenched his teeth tightly to keep from scowling again. He turned his gaze to the other man who stood there, listening to him speak up. He had used his full name, something few had done since he was younger. Though he prefered it to nickname. He fixed the man in a steely gaze, while he kept his expression blank. The other was attempting to get to him, he knew this. A foolish game of attempting to crack the icy exterior, when all he was doing was building it up. He had delt with plenty like him, so he was used to such trivial remarks. However, when he mentioned the officer, a slight frown tugged at Yamato's lips. "I see....it is a shame though, that the only way such a success could have happened required slipping around like snakes" he said calmly, "though I should not come to expect anything lessed from the silver tongued head hmm?"

He took Ambrosia's hand then, simply leaving the man with that as he drew the other out onto the dance floor "excuse us." He placed her right hand on his shoulder, while taking her other into his own. He began to lead her, a simple dance. To those who would catch them in their sights, they would appear to glide elegantly across the floor. He was surprisingly light on the floor, another little hidden tallent of his. He looked to her, still able to see the other two out of the corner of his eye. He would have rather skipped that unplesant part of the evening as well. He was slightly curious however, why was the two men here? It was a global relations ball, held in rotating nations over the years but still....To show up in enemy territory so soon after such events was a bold move indeed. Perhaps they were desiring to attempt breaking him down when he was on his own away from the team.

Make him feel as if it was his fault? It was not, and he knew it. The blame was placed on those who had sent the team in on that. The other had no choice due to treaties than to return the remains either way, unless he was planning on causing more trouble, as a dissection or harming the body would as well. Yamato's thoughts of more going on between the shareholders and this darker nation were growing. There were deffintely snakes within their mist. He pushed the thoughts from his head, focusing on Ambrosia for a moment. "What did you gather from his little introduction?" he asked, desirering to see if she had picked up on any of the feelings or thoughts that he had. A few of them were geared towards the mysterious red headed man with the other.

His own comment had been correct. The mid territories had always been out matched by the north. Especially by the Talos Squadron and Yamato. The younger man always seeming to be one step ahead of the other. It took the shareholders going behind his back, in order for them to win. Then bringing Ambrosia in, this supported his thoughts of more going on between the two groups. It was far to much convienient to be a couencedence. They both had a common enemy in him as well, seemed they were willing to use whoever to oust him. Countless lives in order to take over from him seemed to not phase them. They were nothing but insects.

HC-Gal

Old 05-28-2014, 06:34 AM

Ambrosia watched the exchange between Yamato and the strange man, she didnt fully understand what was right or wrong about the words, but she could tell at least that it had mildly bothered Yamato, not in such a way that he showed anger. But she saw a difference. Being tugged away from the two, she didn't argue, although Yamato led her, she wasn't entirely as elegant, but at least the dance was simple as she followed him. Once she got the rhythm down, doing the rest more smoothly over time became easier.

She finally looked up at him again when he spoke to her, staring at him quietly a moment as she considered matters,
"The man with brown hair is ultimately weak, he talks openly, but is likely a coward and uses cowards tactics for success. Doctor says such a person is all bark and no bite, I do not understand this reference. The one to watch is the one with red hair. I have seen the look on his face before. If he is an opponent; he will be merciless and efficient, or he will toy with his opponent if he is confident of his victory." She paused only momentarily and frowned just a little, "It is an odd human behavior I have observed. It is as though some people take pleasure in harming others for extensive periods of time.. I am.. Familiar with such behavior.." She worded it carefully, only the shareholders would even be aware of some of the processes involved, but that begged the question of if they knew exactly what went on.

It had been easier, at first, to assume they had, but when the Doctor showed her their faces, she could barely recall some of them, it never made sense to her. She found herself catching glimpses of the people around them, but her focus always returned to Yamato as she kept up with him,
"You do not find me strange, not even in the least bit? The Doctor told you about me and you are not bothered by it?" She asked suddenly, staring at him, she found her eye trying to gather data again so this time rather than covering it she simply closed the eye, she wanted to see him with her human eye, it seemed more proper that way. Whether she liked it or not, she was self-conscious of her existence.

Doctor Owens had dragged her up, out of emptiness and nothingness to what some would have considered a limbo of existence if the concept was even fathomable at all. Perhaps it did not help that Doctor Owens constantly warned her that people wouldn't understand, it planted fear and doubt in her mind, that constant doubt of her own existence. She was only able to validate it in service to others, yet Yamato seemed different in regards to it. Did he truly believe there was nothing wrong with her?

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 05-28-2014, 06:12 PM

He listened to her respond to him, a light smile tugged at his lip. It wasn't really a smile, more of a smirk that she had caught that and it was soon back to his usual look. She closed her one eye again, looking at him like that. He raised an eyebrow curiously though as she brought up his earlier comment about there being nothing wrong with her. "We do not always have the power to control all within our lives. Some events and circumstances we can not forsee...though some would say they all happen for a reason" he said, "circumstances and events.....what you are does not make you who you are in entierty. You always have the power to decide that....to carve your own path." He wondered if she would catch how it looped in to what he had said to her earlier.

"So then miss Thane....who are you?" the song ended at that, and an announcement was made. They were ready to serve dinner. Many had already begun moving into the dining hall. He takes her hand once more, leading her into the large dining hall. Many of small round tables that could easily sit five were spaced out evenly. There was a stage up front, so after dinner they could begin with businesss and addressing things from various nations. It was nice, flowers and accents coupled with the warm glow of the light around them made it seem almost...romantic. Except of course for the snakes around them that would not have hesitated to attempt slitting his throat if he allowed himself to relax...metaphorically and for some possibly literally.

A butler moved over, showing the two of them to their table. Yamato pulling out the seat for Ambrosia, once more showing the more gentleman side of himself. Once she was seated, he himself took his. He watched a few of the others out of the corner of his eye. His gaze caught by one man as he entered. Allen Delarobia, one of the share holders. He was with a beautiful woman, and others fawned over him as they passed. He was handsome, but Yamato knew his looks were merely part of his facade, hiding the darkness and the ice that were within him. He was an evil man, as one might say a wolf in sheep's clothing.

HC-Gal

Old 05-28-2014, 08:22 PM

Ambrosia listened quietly to what Yamato had to say, still moving with him quietly in the dance as they moved across the floor amongst the others. His words seemed to make sense at least. The doctor had always had some difficulty explaining these things, but Yamato had interesting words and concepts that seemed to be filling in a few of the blanks the older man struggled with explaining to her. Though the question he presented.. She didn't have an answer for that yet as she lowered her head a little, allowing her left eye to re-open.

There was no reply from her this time, but his words had sunk in at least. Once the music stopped, she looked up again, calm and poised, little change on her face. he took her hand again and she followed, returning momentarily to the hold she'd had on his arm earlier, but she was little closer. However they were soon at the table, she took her seat and stared around a moment. If a romantic setting could be lost on some-one, it was definitely her. Instead, she simply tried to understand why everything was so extravagant.

Finally something caught her attention more than anything else. Aldritch Boscoe, flanked by his secretary, rather than his own wife. The woman was certainly dressed for a night out. The older man had a rather half-furious look on his face that only seemed to deepen when he saw Yamato and Ambrosia, but he kept his jaw clamped shut. The woman on the other hand seemed to be approaching this simply as part of her job, she even had several files on hand for him. The older man simply followed to the table reserved for the Shareholders.

Ambrosia had lowered her head briefly, having to cover her left eye with her hand until she could will the warning lights to disappear. Having the wetware and the HUD int he eye react to her personal feelings was troublesome, it was a dead give away for how she actually felt about something, especially something that angered her. After a moment she looked up again, the red glow having faded but she kept her lips pursed, staring around the room again. The other man she recognized was Allen, he had a similar externally cold presence to Yamato, but he was definitely different. There was a small child inside Ambrosia that begged her to get somewhere safer, or at least closer to who she believed to be the safest person in the room, Yamato himself, but she held her place, hands in her lap as she stared up at the stage quietly.

Kiyoto
(。◕‿◕&#...

Old 05-28-2014, 08:51 PM

Yamato noted the man with his secretary, glancing at Ambrosia for a moment as she responded. That seemed to be the one thing she was unable to hide. He said nothing about it, as a man got up on the stage to welcome them all. He announced what Yamato already knew, they would first focus on dinner, then begin with their speakers and questions. As he sat down, waitors began coming out to poor drinks and serve the guests. Yamato fixed Ambrosia in his gaze once more. "Look at me" he said, catching her eye. "Focus on me...only on me....they are pointless" he said, an attempt in getting her to block out that which seemed to be stressing or angering her. He sat forward a bit, folding his arms slightly on the table. He began to distract her with a bit of light conversation of their own.

"You did...interestingly in the practice earlier" he said, "though the responce to ending things was a bit...unneeded." It was a bit of a teasing comment, but he moved on with it. With the hub around them, there was no way for anyone to be able to overhear, unless they were right on top of them. "Don't worry" he lifted his glass of water, looking at the clear liquid, "you will get to have more of a challenge tomorrow..." It was a bit of a hint at the cards they had been given, as well as the request for them to meet at the bay. "It is important for the development of...something I am sure you will enjoy" he glanced her way. Taking a sip of the water, he sat the glass down again. The waitor came over to ask what they would enjoy to drink. Knowing she did not desire alcohol, he decided on something lighter. A nice strawberry cider. Something light with a refreshing fruit taste. It would have surprised some, to know he had a fondness for the fruit. The waitor filling their glasses, then went to get their food.

HC-Gal

Old 05-28-2014, 11:12 PM

The cyborg turned her attention to Yamato when he spoke, his urging to have her focus at him seemed a logical step, if she was focused on him, she could at least not pay attention to those people. Ambrosia nodded softly, following his instruction. Speaking of the test made her recall the entire event, all the way up tot he end, which he also referenced and she frowned a little,
"I find my preference to be completing a set task, having it cut short feels like failure. Failure does not sit well with me. The moment the practice ended I had already considered my options for dealing with that-" She paused, his earlier warning cropped up in her mind before she continued, "-particular situation." Ambrosia finished the statement, satisfied that it didn't infringe on what he'd told her not to mention,
"Although several of my options might have resulted in my unit being destroyed in the process, I would have succeeded in all cases."

The promise of a challenge caught her attention and she looked at him more directly, it was obvious her attention had been gained, though mentioning that it was for something she would enjoy made her frown again, she wasn't exactly sure she could guess what it would be under these circumstances. She did enjoy being inside a mech, she couldn't say she didn't know what enjoyment was, that would be wrong.
Ambrosia was definitely made curious by whatever it was he was hiding, a part of her simply wanted to leave this place so they could hurry and get to it. She had been staring intently at him the whole time, processing the information, to others it may well have looked like she was quite enthralled in their own conversation, that she were truly interested. They would have been right, though they might not have had the right context for how the two might have appeared.

She was fine with Yamato making the orders, it wasn't like she couldn't eat normal food, she just needed to eat a little less than some people since she was only supplying nutrition for less-than-half of a human body. It was likely that having any alcoholic beverage in her would be more potent since there was less of her organic body to diffuse through.