Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 04-24-2011, 09:04 PM

Ed shrugged, looking around her room quickly. "We got up a little bit ago. Just wanted to see if you were alive yet or not."

Her room was freezing, and there was no reason for it that he could see. He was itching to go explore her room and see if she kept ice hidden under the floorboards or something.

Yusuke flumped across the couch, still half-asleep, and yawned again. He wasn't too concerned about much of anything right now.

Osanna came back in, her hands dirty and muddy, and went to go wash her hands after very carefully setting aside some seeds and little sprouts.

Mageling
Mostly void, partially stars

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to Mageling

Old 04-24-2011, 09:12 PM

"Yep, I'm alive," Naomi confirmed. She was in a much better mood than the night before. Sitting up, she moved and set her feet on the floor. Frost formed on the floor around her feet as soon as they touched the floor. It wasn't much, but it was noticeable if one was looking for it. She got up and stretched. "If you're feeling up for breakfast, I probably have some eggs in the fridge that I can cook. And I have coffee."

Osanna now had Kurama's full attention. He was curious, and wanted to go over to examine the seedlings and sprouts, but he restrained himself. He had no idea how possessive she might be over her plants.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 04-24-2011, 09:14 PM

Ed's eyes widened a little at the frost, but he kept himself in check. "Okay, that sounds good to me," he agreed, glancing back at Al. He really wanted to know what she was doing now, but he didn't think he'd be welcome in her room.

Osanna fussed over the seeds for a bit, planting them in little pots and putting the little pots in the office. She left the door open, though, as she went to go check on her two cats.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 04-24-2011, 09:27 PM

Al noticed, too, and was just as curious as Ed was. He still didn't ask about it, though, since he couldn't figure out a way to ask politely.

Naomi noticed his reaction and paused, blinking. She tried to figure out what made him stop like that. She thought back to the night before when he had a similar reaction, and it dawned on her. She glanced down and saw the frost on the floor.

"Sorry," she said, forcing the frost to disappear. "Let me know if that makes you uncomfortable."

After a moment or so, Kurama couldn't help himself and got up to go investigate. He needed to indulge his curiosity, and really, Osanna had left the door open. That was practically an invitation. Going over, he went to take a closer look at the little pots, but he made sure not to touch anything.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 04-24-2011, 09:33 PM

"I'm still trying to figure out how you do it," Ed admitted, frowning. "It shouldn't be scientifically possible." And it wasn't. But he didn't know that she was cheating.

Osanna had some rare plants growing in there, including one rarely found outside the demon realm.

"Find anything interesting, fox?" Hiei asked from the doorway, sounding rather bored.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 04-24-2011, 11:01 PM

Naomi blinked. Since when did anyone rely completely on science these days? With so many demons and half-breeds around, a lot of times it was easier to have one of them do whatever needed to be done.

"It's not," she said carefully. "I don't do it on purpose. Most of the time I don't even notice it."

"What is it, then?" Al asked, intrigued. He at least wanted to know what was causing it. If he knew that, maybe then he and Ed could figure it out.

"That," Naomi replied, "is something best discussed over a hot cup of coffee and some breakfast."

Kurama nodded distractedly.

"Quite a bit," he replied. "Although I doubt much of it would interest you, Hiei."

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 04-24-2011, 11:45 PM

Ed scowled briefly but nodded. "See you downstairs, then." He grabbed Al's arm, gently tugging him along downstairs while he tried to think what the hell just happened.

Hiei snorted and vanished. "I think you might have hurt his feelings," Yusuke joked. "If he has any."

Mageling

Penpal

Old 04-24-2011, 11:57 PM

Naomi closed her bedroom door again and quickly changed into more decent clothes. It was a simple outfit of jeans and a t-shirt, and she slipped a pair of sandals onto her feet before going downstairs again.

"Either of you like coffee?" she asked as she went into the kitchen.

"He does," Kurama replied. "But he also knows that plants don't interest him much." He glanced over at Yusuke. "Much like I doubt they interest you, either, unless they're blatantly dangerous and carnivorous."

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 04-24-2011, 11:58 PM

"Sure," Ed replied, still sitting next to Al. He watched her, trying to figure out what she was doing and how it worked. Still.

Yusuke chuckled. "Hey, long as you get the job done, I couldn't care less if you used tiny pink flowers to kill people." He grinned.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 04-25-2011, 12:19 AM

Naomi nodded and set the coffee maker to full and strong. While it was brewing, she reached up into a cabinet and pulled down three large mugs. She handed one to each brother.

"You can make your coffee however you like it," she said. "I have cereal and eggs for breakfast, take your pick."

"I did, once," Kurama commented, chuckling softly. "A long time ago."

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 04-25-2011, 12:27 AM

Ed shrugged. "Whatever's easier for you. I'll eat just about anything." He moved his coffee cup around idly, waiting for the coffee to brew.

"So. How did you do that? With the frost."

"Somehow I'm not surprised." Yusuke shook his head. He blinked when he heard Osanna come back and go start cleaning something in the kitchen. "So any new theories yet?"

Mageling

Penpal

Old 04-25-2011, 12:35 AM

"Hm?" Naomi asked. "Oh. That. I'm a half-breed." She said it as if it was all that needed to be said, and to her, it was. It hadn't occurred to her that neither of them would know what a half-breed was, or what kind of demon had sired her.

"A half-breed?" Al asked, curious. "What do you mean?" Naomi looked at them oddly, a little confused.

"A half-breed, you know, half human?" she replied. "My father is a fairly-highly-ranked ice demon."

"None yet, I'm afraid," Kurama replied. He heard Osanna moving about in the kitchen as well.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 04-25-2011, 12:46 AM

Ed just looked hard at her for a few moments. "There's no such thing as demons," he said, his eyes narrowing. "We've never heard of them. You're breaking the alchemical laws. How are you doing it?"

Osanna moved around the corner and peeked over at them. Well, that answered her question. Kurama was definitely some kind of animal spirit, like her. And the other two... were not.

Yusuke sighed. "Well this sucks."

Mageling

Penpal

Old 04-25-2011, 12:58 AM

Naomi blinked. Since when did demons not exist? What was wrong with these two?

"I'm actually not kidding," she said. "Ignoring the fact that alchemy is a dead art, I'm completely serious when I say I'm a half-breed. My mother is human and my father is an ice demon. So I have no idea what you mean by breaking alchemical laws."

"Agreed," Kurama replied. "Whatever happened to bring us here was remarkably subtle and well-covered, and I have no idea where to start searching for a way to get back."

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 04-25-2011, 01:39 AM

Ed actually got up. "Alchemy is not a dead art! Watch!"

He glanced around before pulling out a broken clock he'd found in the room he'd been in. He placed it on the floor and clapped his hands together before putting his hands to the floor. A moment later the clock was repaired, and Ed sat back with a smirk.

Osanna listened to them quietly, frowning. Something weird was definitely going on here. One of the plants near Kurama started twitching a little, growing slowly but noticeably, reacting to her emotions. Which only made her try to get it to stop.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 04-25-2011, 01:49 AM

Naomi blinked, completely stunned. She'd never seen anything like that before. Gingerly, she reached over and picked up the clock. It had been broken for ages, and she hadn't gotten around to fixing it because she so rarely used the guest room. She poked at it for a moment, marveling. It was running as good as new, ticking away cheerfully. It was even reset to the right time. Carefully, she popped open the back. The gears were all running smoothly.

"I'm officially impressed," she said, setting the clock down again. "You said that's alchemy? I thought alchemy was turning blood into rubies and lead into gold and other such things."

"Not really," Al said. "It's all just science. If you understand how something works, and what it's made of, you can do anything, almost."

Kurama glanced over at the plant, and then to where Osanna was peeking around the doorway. The plant wasn't reacting all that much, not to anywhere near the degree it would be if it were one of his, but it was enough to tell him that Osanna was at least partially some sort of animal spirit.

"You should take care of that," he said to her. "It shouldn't be allowed to run wild."

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 04-25-2011, 02:00 AM

"There are certain things that even alchemy can't do," Ed said. "But something as simple as fixing a clock is easy." He shrugged.

"Now, what exactly is a demon? Is it like a homonculus?"

Osanna would have squeaked if she'd been able to but she nodded after a moment and slipped past him and Yusuke, going into the room. She picked up the plant, glaring at it weakly, and the plant slowly went back to its normal size, just barely sprouting out of the soil.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 04-25-2011, 02:16 AM

"A demon is..." Naomi trailed off and shrugged. "Well, not human. I have no idea what this 'homunculus' is that you said, but I'm pretty sure that's not it." She paused for a moment, thinking.

"It's complicated. Demons are split into different categories, depending on what they are. For example, I'm an elemental type, even though I'm a half-breed. There are other kinds like animal spirits, even certain kinds of nature demons out there somewhere, and demons who are just purely physical beings." It sounded complicated even to her. "Then there are others who don't fall into any of the common categories, but they're really rare." She paused again to think.

"I guess it's fairly accurate to say that demons are hardier than humans, to an extent," she said. "Case and point, I keep the house cold because I need it that way, but I only keep my room really cold rather than the whole house because I'm a half-breed. Every so often, I actually need to be somewhere warm."

Al listened, fascinated. It was like learning alchemy all over again, except there didn't seem to be any laws or formulas. It was all just like action and reaction.

Kurama chuckled softly, watching the small battle of wills take place as Osanna took control of the plant. It was actually kind of endearing.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 04-25-2011, 03:12 AM

Ed regarded her with narrowed eyes, still not entirely sure he believed her. It fit everything that he'd seen, and she didn't seem like the type to lie, but then why had he never heard of these demons before?

"Where are we?" he asked abruptly as something occured to him.

Osanna set the plant down, satisfied, and then let out a tiny sneeze. She turned a little red and got a tissue, glancing over at the three males. Yusuke snickered but didn't tease her other than that.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 04-25-2011, 03:45 AM

"That's the hard part," Naomi replied. "I could tell you the town and the state and everything, but I don't think it'll mean anything to you, especially if you've never heard of demons before. It's obvious you're from somewhere that doesn't have them, and that's just... not possible." There wasn't much more she could say about it, really.

"What do you mean, not possible?" Al asked.

"Demons inhabit the entire planet," Naomi replied. "It just isn't possible that you're from somewhere that doesn't have them."

"Perhaps your friend is talking about you," Kurama teased good-naturedly, trying to lighten the mood a little for Osanna.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 04-25-2011, 04:50 AM

Ed scowled at her. "Well it obviously is possible since we're here," he huffed. "I suppose you have no idea how we get home, either." That was just peachy.

Osanna smiled at him, appreciating the effort, even as Yusuke snickered.

"So, you're a demon too, huh?" Yusuke asked.

Osanna tilted her head to the side a bit before she rummaged around, pulling out a hand-held whiteboard and a purple marker. Only 1/4, she wrote.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 04-25-2011, 04:55 AM

"If I did, do you really think you'd still be sitting at my kitchen table?" Naomi pointed out. Getting up, she went and poured herself a cup of coffee. "Coffee's done, help yourselves."

Al had to admit, she had a point. Getting up as well, he took some of the coffee. He was surprised it was still hot.

"More subtle than your friend, then," Kurama commented.

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 04-25-2011, 04:58 AM

Ed got himself a cup of coffee as well, grumbling the whole time. He was not happy with this turn of events. "We'll just have to figure out a way," he muttered, more to himself than anything. He could figure something out, he was sure. Eventually...

Osanna nodded a couple times, wiping the whiteboard clean.

"What kind?" Yusuke asked. He couldn't help but be curious.

Fox, Osanna admitted after a few moments, looking embarrassed.

Yusuke couldn't help but laugh. "Well, well, Kurama! Looks like you've got a playmate now." He snickered when Osanna turned red.

Mageling

Penpal

Old 04-25-2011, 05:14 AM

"Brother, there's no reason to be angry," Al said as Ed sat back down. "We'll figure something out. In the meantime, we may as well learn everything we can. Imagine how useful all this knowledge could be!" If there was one thing that Al knew would distract Ed, it was learning something useful. That was practically a guarantee.

"Yusuke..." Kurama sighed. Did he really have to tease so much? Then an idea struck him. "You know, Yusuke, I wonder what Keiko would say if she knew you were spending the night in another woman's house."

Woofie267
Snark and Sarcasm Expert

Old 04-25-2011, 05:20 AM

Ed paused at that, thinking that over for a few moments before he nodded once. "You're right." He looked at Naomi again before looking outside. "Come on, Al. I want to take a look around." He got up and headed for the door.

Yusuke grimaced, looking a little panicked. "Hey, it's not my fault! Besides, I wasn't about to sleep out in the middle of the woods! I did that enough with Grandma, thank you very much!"

Osanna smiled and quickly hid it behind her hand. They were amusing.