Golden-Venus
Lady Assassin Of Venus

Old 08-13-2015, 12:40 AM

Basch looks over slightly watching his finger, then shifts his eyes back over to him. It did gave him a though...not sure it would work. "Well, you could always could have kidnapped me." He runs his finger up and plays with the male's ear ring. He chuckles lightly,"No one knows you are alive anyway." Shruggs. Of course the idea of being 'kidnapped' kinda thrill him abit. He just wish Balthier would open up more. He could sense he was keeping his emotions close for some reason.

He looks down and notice Balthier's glass was empty and they was out. Basch takes his glass away and pulls away from the male. "I will be back, I'm going to get us another drink...maybe something stronger than ale." He says as he turns around and walks to the table, grabbing his own glass

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-13-2015, 03:17 AM

Balthier chuckled, not sure if Basch was serious or not. Kidnap him? What an outlandish and wonderful thought. But Basch was loyal to an annoying fault and he had duties. Balthier had his own...things to deal with too. He chased after Basch on a whim, threw himself into this something of a relationship. He should probably back down, but then, when did he ever listen to his head?

Sighing, he let himself fall down onto the couch when Basch stood up. Laying on his side, he propped himself up to watch Basch. "You'd leave our precious emperor unprotected? Don't make me laugh. You've had too much to drink if you're suggesting that." And maybe he'd had too much himself if he thought that rose-tinted fairytale sounded pleasant.

Golden-Venus
Lady Assassin Of Venus

Old 08-13-2015, 07:37 PM

Basch hangs out the door chatting up the waitress and ordering something different than what they been drinking. The waitress nods and takes care of the order and Basch looks at Balthier. He tilts his head a little, "Maybe I am a little bit drunk. It just came out," he walks over and pops down beside him. He let's out a sigh, resting his head on the back of the sofa. It was an drinking saying but there was some truth behind. It cause he was serious a little bit.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-13-2015, 07:54 PM

Balthier snorted, but for a minute he didn't say anything. Having Basch this close did no good for either of them, but he couldn't quite tell himself to leave yet. Shouldn't he though? Shouldn't he get away while his secrets were still intact? "I'm a sky pirate. Drunken mistakes just come with the territory," he finally added with a dismissive wave of his hand. He shifted to a sitting position again, his eyes drifting between Basch and the door. "Don't you think you're being just a little too serious right now?"

Golden-Venus
Lady Assassin Of Venus

Old 08-13-2015, 09:51 PM

Basch opens his eyes and rolls his head over to look at him. Balthier was right he was to serious about it. He couldn't do that not with Larsa as emperor and he would had broken his late brother's word. "Yes, just for get I said anything about it." Basch rubs his head and looks out toward the window. Noticing it was get very late. Basch want to stay more but he needed to get back.

"Uhh...it's late. I need to get back," Basch stands up and stretches. Brushing achand thru his short cut hair then walks over to his armor. He bents down to one. The pouches grabbing a small bag of gil. He tosses it on the table. "There is the money for a room if you decide to stay the end." He/says while he puts on his armor.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-13-2015, 10:27 PM

"Of course," Balthier muttered. "Your duties await you." He stood too, wincing far more when he stretched and couldn't quite resist the need to rub at the left side of his back. He'd been acting cool far longer than he needed to. Resisting the urge to sneer at the offered gil, he took it up and slipped the back into his waistband. "Well, I guess here's to good bye. But don't worry, we'll likely see each other soon what with being in the same city and all." He slipped away before Basch could say anything more, just leaving the hint of an invitation echoing behind him.

Golden-Venus
Lady Assassin Of Venus

Old 08-13-2015, 11:32 PM

Once Basch had his armor on, he return to the palace. He dismisses the guard he had in his place before checking in on Larsa. He was sound to sleep at his desk, it look like he was busy with Ashe's upcoming ball after the coronation. Basch sighs lightly and gently picks up the young emperor in his arms. He carries him to the bed and tucks him in. He turns off the light and return to his room next to Larsa. Closing the door behind him.

He removes his armor and heads to bathroom to take a shower. Soon after, he puts on his bedtime clothes. He didn't go straight to bed, he walks ontocthe balcony outside of his room. Leaning against it and looks out across the city, deep in though. He knew it would take a while to get more into Balthier's heart. Not sure how he could.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-14-2015, 01:12 AM

Balthier used the gil for a room and settled in, sighing long and hard at his expression in the mirror. Even down to his flashy clothes and rings, he looked like the same sky pirate that tried to steal the dawn shard just for fun. But if he lost himself too much with Basch, the man would see what white, pressed shirts could easily hide.

Discarding his clothes as he stepped into a much needed shower, he caught the reflection of his backside in the mirror. White scar tissue bunched along his left side, the result of burning metal debris that hit him. Basch never asked how he got off the Bahamut, so he never said just how close it was. No cure potion could make the mess go away quickly, so Balthier kept away until he finished healing despite the fact that he hated to be alone. Just a little while longer....

Golden-Venus
Lady Assassin Of Venus

Old 08-14-2015, 01:49 AM

Basch looks out and saw the Bahamut which had been added to the city. His mind goes back to that they while watching the floating fortress crashing. He felt helpless and knew somewhere inside was Balthier and Fran. He didn't know how they could have survived, the place was falling around them while in there. So that was one thing he didn't asked. He figure in time Balthier would say maybe. He wasn't going to force the matter as he didn't want to drive him away. Even though it felt like he was pulling away.

Basch yawns and pushes away from the view, heading back inside. He walks over to bed and pulls it back. The bed looked big and lonely. Now that Balthir is back, all he wanted to do is to hold on and never letting him go. He let's a sigh, crawls into bed, and pulls the cover over him. Turning off the lights and falls asleep.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-14-2015, 02:23 AM

Balthier only realized he fell asleep when he woke up on top of the bed's covers, the pillows under his feet. He only sat for a moment to finish getting ready for bed, but that was apparently as far as he got. Groaning, he rolled over to look at the tightly closed curtains of the little room. After last night, he just wanted to stay inside all day. Actually, he wanted to lock himself in the engine room of an airship and work until time to sleep again.

"Actually, I suppose that could be arranged..." he said to himself when he realized the option. After dressing and gathering all of his things, he checked out of the room and headed to his stolen airship, currently hiding out in a hanger, under the guard of a heavily bribed worker. Certainly it would be easier to rent a room if he weren't always bribing people. Couldn't be helped though. He threw himself into his work, upgrading the ship out of the goodness of his heart.

Golden-Venus
Lady Assassin Of Venus

Old 08-14-2015, 02:59 AM

Basch and Larsa was up and in the city seeing how the progress of people getting to their normal life's. Larsa stops and turns "Let's go to the Bahamut fortress, I want to see how much it changed." Basch bows slightly, "Yes, m'lord but shouldn't we take the rover. It's a long walk." Larsa didn't say anything he was already a few feet away from him. Letting out a sigh, he picks up his pace to check up with the young lord. Not easy in armor such as his.

Once they got there, Basch remove his helmet and slowly looks up at it. "I can't image anyone survive in the inside. The outside is somewhat good shape but from what I was told, it look like if there was hundreds of fire bombs was inside," Larsa says, raising an hand over his eyes blocking the sun. Basch looks down and to Larsa. "It was a mess but I know they are alive for sure."

Larsa turns around and looks at him oddly, "You seem so sure, what makes you think Balthier and Fran are alive? If they was, they would had made themselves now. After all they are sky pirates."

He really wanted to tell him that he did see Balthier last night. Of course, he didn't. He was sure in time the lovely pirate would make himself known to the others. "It just a good feeling that's all, Lord Larsa." Says as he looks back up at it.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-14-2015, 05:34 PM

Most of the day passed with Balthier sprawled out on the floor, forgetting everything that happened last night. He made a mess of his careful plans, but now that he'd seen Basch, he couldn't keep himself away. As much as it pained him to admit, he gravitated toward Basch when he was hurting before and he couldn't help but do it again.

Not long after the sun set, Balthier set his wrench down. "Well, that aught to make this ship the best in the fleet when they finally get it back," he muttered. His stomach gave a rumble. Other than the small lunch he'd packed for himself, he lost himself in the airship so much that he didn't pause to eat or stretch his legs. He could feel it when he stood and it left him making a snap decision. He knew where he could get one of the finest meals in the city so he headed right there, engine grease stained and all.

Golden-Venus
Lady Assassin Of Venus

Old 08-14-2015, 08:04 PM

He lead his charged back to the palace to meet the princess for dinner. Thru out the walked he couldn't help but to get a bad feeling. Like they was being watched. Basch stops for an moment and takes a look around, Larsa stop as well and looks over at Basch. "Is everything alright?" Larsa asked curiously. Basch turns back around, looking over at him. "No it's fine..nothing to worry about. Let's get going before the princess starts a search party for us." He say calmly.

It was to early to tell if it was a threat or not so he needed get to worried over nothing. They continue on walking back as he looks around he notice someone familiar walking thru the crowd. Balthier...it look like he had been working on something, guessing it was the ship he used to get here. Basch wanted to go over there and say hi to him. Since he was with Larsa it was hard since he figure Balthier wasn't ready for anyone else to see him yet. It was going to be hard since he knew most of those who they traveled with was in the same city as far as he knew.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-15-2015, 04:30 AM

Balthier never did well with avoiding fire. If it was the shiniest, least opportune path, then he sure as the sun would take it. Which was why he broke into the palace for the second time in his life. Although alone this time, it went by much easier after having done it before. It also helped that he could care less about the treasure vaults and instead stowed away in the kitchen. Just his luck, it seemed they had a big dinner to prepare and Balthier intended to partake of that roasted...well, he couldn't care what kind of bird it was. It was a meal fit for royalty--like himself.

When a maid turned her back, he slipped out from the cellar door and grabbed a plate before disappearing back into his hiding hole with the dish. Anyway, this was way more fun than joining whatever formal dinner his roasted bird belonged to. The conversation at those things could get so dull.

Golden-Venus
Lady Assassin Of Venus

Old 08-15-2015, 04:52 AM

"Oh! Judge Magister? You're not dinning with Lady Ashe or Lord Larsa this evening?" The maid says as Basch enters the kitchen. He shakes his head, " no I am letting the two catch up. It has been a while since they saw each other. I will eat here tonight." Saying while he removes his helmet and sets it down. The maid nods and fixes the judge a plate before leaving. Basch stretches before setting down and starts to eat. Not even notice Balthier was somewhere around in here.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-15-2015, 05:23 AM

Balthier leaned back against a wall, munching with bliss. It'd be nicer with some candlelight and napkins, oh yes, he definitely needed those. At least he had a drink though, what with hiding in the same room as the wine. He hummed and creaked the cellar door open again to peer out. He caught sight of a bread basket waiting to be taken up the feat and decided it would go perfectly with the wine. He snuck one arm out and snatched up his prize right as he caught sight of a familiar helmet.

Damn it, what was Basch doing here? At the moment, it appeared the cellar door sat behind his friendly neighborhood judge. Not that it didn't make him any less stuck here until Basch left. Oh well, he'd been holed up in way worse spots. He finished pulling his bread basket inside the cellar, leaving a table cloth fluttering down to the floor a second after he shut the door again.

Golden-Venus
Lady Assassin Of Venus

Old 08-15-2015, 02:44 PM

Basch lifts up his wine glass and moves it around, watching the liquid spin around. He shifts his weight in his chair, as he had a lot on his mind. "Balthier.." He mumbles to himself but was in ear shot since he didn't know he was there. "You never change and yet you have in some way." Letting out a sigh and takes a long sip of his wine. He finishes the wine and sets his glass down.

Placing his hands on the table and pushes himself up. He didn't really finishes his supper. He had been very stressful lately so he never finished his food most of the time. Something caught his eye from the cellar door. He rests his hand on the hilt of one of his double swords. In a stern voice, he says toward the door, "Alright, who is in there?" Slowly move toward it. He hope it wasn't one of those large rats from the passageway under the palace.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-15-2015, 06:38 PM

Balthier's heart skipped a beat when he heard his name. Why was Basch talking about him? Did he know he was here? Swallowing hard at the words, Balthier did his best to shake them off. He'd changed? No, not at all. Not since the moment he first decided to become a sky pirate. Damn, Basch must be talking to himself though because almost a minute passed before he heard Basch's voice again. This time he froze good, a piece of bread half way to his mouth. Basch really didn't know it was him.

Balthier shoved a few huge bites into his mouth then took off deeper into the cellar because he so did not want to explain why he stole part of a royal feast, ate it in the cellar, and listened to Basch talk about him. More of that awkward conversation type. Maybe if he hid behind a corner and knocked him out good, he could escape unrecognized? God, this was embarrassingly ridiculous. Oh well, he was always best at making plans on his feet.

Golden-Venus
Lady Assassin Of Venus

Old 08-15-2015, 07:09 PM

Basch listens closely and not hearing anything. I guess it was a rat after all, he thought. He calms down and shakes his head as he lets go of the hilt. He turns around and walks back over to the table. He grabs his helmet, placing it on, and left the kitchen. He heads back to the dining room to check on Larsa then heads outside of the palace. He needed a drink and heads back to the pub. He hasn't saw Balthier lately and wondering if he was staying out of trouble.

Once already in his private room, had his armor off to get more relaxed. He leans against window seal and stares out of it while taking a slip of his drink. He knew he loved Balthier very much that he wanted that back. It was hard to tell if Balthier felt the same. Maybe if he stays his distance...he would come to him when he was ready. Pushing himself away from the window he falls onto the sofa. Basch setting his glass on the table and looks up at the ceiling.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-15-2015, 07:27 PM

Balthier let out a deep breath when Basch left without investigating the cellar. His sword edge must be getting dull after all that war, not that Balthier minded. Maybe Basch just didn't expect any real enemies around these days. After a few more minutes and the rest of his stolen food, Balthier returned the dishes to the table and snuck away. For a second, he hesitated at the intersection between two halls. The left path would take him back out the way he came, but he knew if he took the right, he would come to a staircase and then find himself at the guest rooms.

Shaking the thought away from his head, Balthier hurried past and out into the welcoming night. Here, friend or foe wouldn't give him any mind because the night belonged to ill repute people like him. He passed up the pub he spent the last night at and went instead to his airship. Rather than sleep, he geared the thing up and disappeared for a late night fly.

Golden-Venus
Lady Assassin Of Venus

Old 08-15-2015, 08:10 PM

In the next few days, Basch haven't seem Balthier around and figure he left the city. It hurt him and wondering why. Maybe he backed off to much. It was very hard that it kind a got in the way of his duties. Even Larsa knew something wasn't right with Basch. So Larsa made an excuse that they had to leave early which meant leaving before seeing Ashe becoming Queen.

Once the Leviathan was in the air and heading back to Arcadia. It was the right time. Larsa stops with his work and looks up at Basch, "Why didn't you go after him?" Basch's positioner nearly got out of line. He looks over at Larsa, "Umm I don't know what you are...." Larsa stands up from the desk, "That's just like you. Always putting your duty above your own. I know. I been knowing once someone send me a report that one of our small crafts was missing." He stares out of the window watching the clouds float by.

Basch rubs the back of his head, as he always but his job before his personal life. Maybe so but that's all he ever knew. Until he met Balthier of course. "It seems kind a foolish but I have made a promise to Gabranth."

Larsa looks over and crosses his arms, "Oh so you decide to abandoned love in order to protect me. Stop being stupid. I have already made a report that Judge Magister as falling ill. So that way you can go after him," walking over to Basch. He hands the paper over to him. "We will be returning to Arcadia. Since the war is over. I don't expect that I would need much protection now. Vayne is dead as all of those who followed are too."

Basch reads over the report, looking very confused. He looked back over at Larsa, "Are you sure about this, Lord Larsa? I don't...." lets out a sigh. "I suppose you are right. I do love Balthier but I am afraid if I do, he will just turn me down. You know how he is." He was afraid. It had been that way ever since he saw him again.

Larsa place his hand on his guardian's hand. "I agree he is stuborn, but so are you. You two have been close thru out the journey. Once this report of you being sick I'm sure he will pop up somewhere. It's just a matter of time. Until then you are revieve from your duty until you get Balthier back." turns around and walks back over to the desk.

Basch bows respectfully and turns leaving Larsa's office. He heads back to his room and changes out of his armor and into the normal ones he used to wear. He figure he needed to grow out his hair again since no one knew what happen to Basch anyway. He grabs his old sword and heads out of his room. Lucky Larsa had set up a small craft for Basch. He heads down to the air lock bay. He runs his hand thru his hair before getting onto it, leaving the Leviathan.

Last edited by Golden-Venus; 08-15-2015 at 08:32 PM..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-15-2015, 11:04 PM

Balthier spent his time always on the airship. He did plan to go back...at some point. It was just, when he started running, he found it hard to stop. The voice of his father echoed in his head, 'Just keep running, fool of a pirate.' It was funny how even now that man could mess with his head. "Damn it." It wasn't supposed to be like this.

After a couple days, he found himself back in Arcades. He returned the airship where he found it (wouldn't they get a nice surprise?). "Now what?" Balthier bit his lip as he wondered where Basch might be right now. Would he still be back in Dalmasca? Even so, he would have to come back here at some point and maybe by then, Balthier would be ready for him.

He stopped by, telling Jules to keep him appraised of any new news. As long as he was waiting, Balthier decided he might as well do it with flair. He was just about part ways with his friend when a messenger ran up, whispering something to Jules.

"Actually, you may want to stay for this," he said to Balthier after the boy ran off again. "Seems our favorite judge magister isn't feeling well. The birdies say he left the Leviathon."

Ill? That sounded odd. Balthier frowned, but thanked Jules for the news before he headed back into the city proper. He wasn't sure if he believed this message, but Basch was a straight-forward man. He wouldn't announce an illness in order to pursue...well, him probably. So it could be true. In that case, Basch would be returning to his new home here in the capital. Trying not to feel anxious, Balthier found his way into Basch's room and decided he would wait right there, on the bed, with a book. And pretend it was just so he could catch him playing hooky.

Anyway, Balthier did think he'd had just about enough running for today.

Golden-Venus
Lady Assassin Of Venus

Old 08-16-2015, 12:47 AM

Basch got off the craft and gave the money to a moogle crew to take care of it. They was always handle to fixing stuff since he was never good at it. It had been a long day so he figure he return home to rest. No one else expects he would be here anyway since he figure that report would already gotten out. He puts the strap of his bag over his arm and heads into the city. Basch looks around and lets out a sigh. Wondering how he was going to managed this off.

What was Larsa thinking? Probably for the wealth of Basch's pride maybe. It was true things was now quiet so maybe this would do him some good. Once he return home, he turns on the light after locking the door and walking into his small complex. He wasn't the one for big houses since it was just now home. The blond sets his bag down in the chair, heading to his room. Not even knowing he had a guest waiting on him. Basch was in the middle of taking off his shirt while walking into the bedroom.

He had it off before looking up and saw Balthier sitting there. It made him jump a little, "Holy Crap!" he said in a surpising shock voice.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-16-2015, 01:31 AM

Balthier had nearly fallen asleep with his book when he heard the front door open. Oh? So Jules info was right? Basch really was so predicable coming right home. Others might expect him to go off somewhere, vacation, visit a healing spring. But this was Basch and Balthier knew him better than most.

By the time his unsuspecting victim managed to make it to his bedroom, Balthier tossed his book off to the side and propped himself up in a casual pose. He looked like he owned the bed. All he had to do was raise one eyebrow when Basch finally caught sight of him. "I heard you were sick, but you don't look it at all. How devious for a knight like you," he hummed.

Golden-Venus
Lady Assassin Of Venus

Old 08-16-2015, 02:07 AM

Basch relaxes a little and tosses his shirt on the chair. He walks over and removes his sword, placing it on the table. "They think Gabranth is ill. They don't even know that I'm alive. It's was Larsa's idea because...he knows." He stares out of the window for an moment before he turns around. "Once you left the city...I wasn't focusing on my duties as his guardian and he some how notice it." shrugged a little. "So he questioned me about it." Turning around and walks over to the bed, looking at Balthier. "I guess everyone was right...people can read me to easy or so they say."

"Plus how did you know?...I figure that report wouldn't have gotten out so fast as it did," Basch stares at him. "Better yet, why did you leave Rabanastre, Was it me? Something I did?" He says, it still hurt when he found out that Balthier had left the capital of Dalmasca. He wanted to know maybe now that they was in the same room together again. The questions can finally be answered.