Appalachia
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-27-2015, 11:35 PM

Strange messages have been posted deep within the Internet. Some hackers are thinking that they are nothing, while a couple others think that they might be a message of some kind. Could these messages be a warning about an impending attack on Earth?

-

(Location - Avengers Tower)

"Hmm."

Natasha placed her elbow on the table, resting her face in one hand.

Click.

Have you seen the new message guys? What do you think this one means?

Dude, it's nothing. Just a troll.

A really good, HARDWORKING troll.

Natasha clicked away from the chat forum and pulled up the message in question. Strange symbols covered the screen, an intricate message written in a language she had never seen before.

"Clint," she called. "Has Stark seen this?"

"The only thing Stark has seen lately is the inside of his lab."

Natasha frowned and looked toward the ceiling.

"JARVIS? Get Stark on the line."

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal
Send a message via MSN to hillary84 Send a message via Yahoo to hillary84

Old 10-28-2015, 01:51 AM

" Yes ma'am. " JARVIS said and messaged Tony. " Sir. Ms. Romanov wants to talk to you. " He said.

" I know she does. " Tony said and was a bit annoyed. He had been trying to figure out the source of this message for most of the days and had pretty much ignored everyone else. Though as far as he knew it was just Natasha, Clint and Bruce that were in Avengers tower. " If it's about the message I'm listening. " He said to Natasha.

Meanwhile in Arlington Virginia, Christina Marsh was looking at the message as well. She did a lot of computer work and consulting jobs to know that there was a possibility of this being a prank. She sighed and went to the kitchen for some coffee and wondered if she should contact anyone. "Though the NSA probably knows about this already. Can't trust them to believe me though. " She thought and thought back to reveal of HYDRA and that half her contacts in the government had been involved with them.

( this is what she looks like. Sorry wrong pic. http://rs1109.pbsrc.com/albums/h433/...h=480&fit=clip

Last edited by hillary84; 10-28-2015 at 01:57 AM..

Appalachia
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-28-2015, 11:40 PM

"Stark, have you seen this? It's all over the internet. Messages posted to a otherwise blank website, and then shared on social media."

Clint walked up beside her, snacking rather loudly on a bag of chips.

"Pranks today, so sophisticated. When I was a kid..." Natasha reached into the chip bag, grabbing a handful. "...I - Hey!"

"What do you think Stark," asked Natasha, ignoring Clint's cry of protest.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 10-29-2015, 02:33 AM

" I have seen it. Well , I can say it's probably not a prank or if it is, it's very well programmed. "Tony said and looked again at the coding of the web page. " I think we should take this seriously. Though I'm going to need some help figuring this out. I have Bruce helping. Clint you know if any hackers that did consult work for SHIELD? Though before we do anything we should let Cap and Thor know. " He said knowing Steve and Sam were in Washington and that Thor was with Jane Foster.

Cristina wasn't convinced that this message was a prank. The last two years she had come to believe that not everything was easy to explain rationally. And after doing research on HYDRA she had a feeling they might be behind this.

Appalachia
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-30-2015, 02:11 AM

"Right, JARVIS, can you contact the boys? I'm going to dig through the SHIELD files. It's probably a dead end but you never know what some bored kid might find deep in our archive. Clint?"

"I may have a few sources, a few men who like to figure out puzzles." He reached into his pocket, pulling out his phone.

-

"What is a Nobel Prize?"

"It's huge Thor, huge. They'll announce my name on the news, give people a summary of my work. It could attract thousands!"

Thor smiled, watching as Jane talked on, eyes focused on some bright point far behind him.

The sound of a beep intruded their moment.

"Sir? Mr. Stark requests your presence at Avengers Headquarters."

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 10-31-2015, 01:40 AM

" Sounds like a good plan. " Tony said and looked at a few of SHIELD's contractors. " Here's a few I think might be able to help us. Yes, they were affiliated with some HYDRA agents but they themselves weren't.

Steve got JARVIS' message and looked at Sam. They had been out and about in New York, though he had been looking for Bucky.

" Really? Let me guess, something somethings up?" Sam asked.

" Well the message is sent and now I wait. " Cristina thought and got her sneakers on. " I can't stand staying here longer. Maybe some food will help. " She thought and wondered if she would see that man she had seen at the Smithsonian several times. There was something different about him and didn't know what.

Appalachia
(-.-)zzZ

Old 10-31-2015, 02:05 AM

"Do you suspect it is a writing not of Midgard?" asked Thor as Natasha hinted him a page covered with the symbols. The agent shrugged, stepping back to get out of the man's light.

"It's possible you're not the only alien from space."

Thor laughed and lowered his head to study the message. In the meantime Clint had entered the room and was now making his way over to the group.

"Got a call back. Nothing new. Did you find anything Natasha?"

"Nothing," she replied, curls bouncing as she shook her head. "SHIELD never encountered anything like this."

"Nor have I," said Thor as he handed the paper back to her. "It may be possible the All Father has knowledge however."

"How fast can you contact him?"

"I need only call Heimdall."

Last edited by Appalachia; 11-01-2015 at 12:31 AM..

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 10-31-2015, 09:09 PM

" Did you check the names I gave you ?" Tony said preferring that Clint called these guys. Some still had some shady dealings in thier file. He had a feeling that one of them had to know if anyone else took this seriously.

Appalachia
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-01-2015, 12:33 AM

"Yeah, but besides - " Clint paused, glancing down at the newly brightened screen of his phone. He tapped the flashing message, taking a minute to look it over before passing the phone to Tony. Natasha moved closer, peeking around the inventor's shoulder.

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 11-01-2015, 01:33 AM

" Looks like we got a hit. " Tony said and saw Steve and Sam entering. " Glad you guys made it in time for a road trip.One of the hackers I messaged just got a message from one of thier contacts. A Christina Marsh sent him an email about the messages and believes that they aren't a prank. "

Appalachia
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-03-2015, 12:01 AM

"Do you think she would be willing to share her theories? A fresh look at this could be helpful," said Natasha.

"So," spoke Clint. "Do we go to this mystery girl? Or do we bring her to us?"

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 11-03-2015, 01:08 AM

" I think she would though it should be up to Cap. " Tony said.

" I agree with both of you. We should go to her and see if she'll come with us. " Steve said and knew the young woman would be safer here.

Appalachia
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-03-2015, 03:00 PM

"Let's pack our bags," said Natasha. "Is everyone going?"

Clint nodded at Steve. "He should go at least. Everyone trusts good ol' Captain America."

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 11-04-2015, 02:06 AM

" I agree. " Steve said. " Tony how about you and Bruce? "

" We'll say here and get things ready. You guys go ahead " Tony said. He did want to go but didn't want the woman to be intimidated into saying no.

Christina felt uneasy and went back home. She had seen the man again but hadn't said anything to him. He kept to himself and seemed to be uneasy around people.

Appalachia
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-07-2015, 06:33 PM

@hillary84

(Sorry for the delay, it's been a busy last few days for me...)

"Then," Natasha held up a finger, pointing at each person in their turn. "Steve, Clint, and me. Come on boys, less time we waste the better."

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 11-07-2015, 09:03 PM

( no worries. )

Steve nodded and went with Natasha. " We have her address so we can start there , unless that's not where she usually does her work. " He said and would have Tony look that up if they needed that information. " So Arlington , here we come. " Steve said and wondered if Bucky was still in that area.

Appalachia
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-09-2015, 04:40 PM

"Even if she prefers to work somewhere besides her home, the location is probably close," said Natasha as she headed towards the door. "It shouldn't be too hard to track down someone who wants to be found."

Clint followed after her, calling over his shoulder at Steve.

"You coming?"

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 11-09-2015, 06:20 PM

" I'm coming. It might be a good idea if I do. " Steve said and was looking forward to the trip.

" I'm sending you guys her address. Seems like a nice place. " Tony said seeing that Ms Marsh lived in a condo.

Christina looked out the window and was uneasy. She didn't like the feeling one of her neighbors had given her when she got back. " Great now I have a stalker. " She thought and went to make some lunch.

Appalachia
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-10-2015, 02:05 PM

"So," said Natasha from her spot a few feet from Christina's door. "Who wants to do the honors and knock?"

"Are we going to play good cop, or bad cop?"

"Clint."

"It's an important question."

Natasha shook her head, looking over at Steve.

"How about you Rogers?"

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 11-10-2015, 03:32 PM

" We play good cop. " Steve said and knocked on the door.

Christina had just finished making her sandwich and heard a knock on the door. " I'm coming. " She said and opened the door to see three people. The first two she didn't recognize but she did sort of think that the third man looked like Steve Rogers. "How can I help you guys?" She asked.

Appalachia
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-13-2015, 06:41 PM

Natasha smiled, nodding toward Steve. "He'll explain." After a second's hesitation she added, "We're the Avengers."

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 11-14-2015, 11:40 PM

"We got your message Ms. Marsh and we'd like you to come with us and help us with the message. "

" You are sure about that? But if you guys need my help. " Christina said and was surprised that The Avengers needed her help. But had a feeling that message was much more dangerous than what most people thought.

Appalachia
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-15-2015, 12:01 AM

"Of course, if you're comfortable with it." Natasha smiled, looking past Christina and into the room behind her. "Do you have anything you want to grab before we go?"

Clint pulled out his phone, scrolling through to Christina's message.

"Is there anything you'd like to add to this message? Any suspicions that you may not have felt comfortable sharing?"

hillary84
(・・^...
Penpal

Old 11-17-2015, 01:39 AM

" That it doesn't use any known computer code that's being used. Almost like it is from someplace else. " Christina said.

" Possibly alien ?" Steve asked.

" Maybe. I mean anything is possible these days. I do have somethings I'd like to bring. " Christina said.

Appalachia
(-.-)zzZ

Old 11-20-2015, 07:56 PM

@hillary84 "Alien? You think they come in peace?" asked Clint.

"Well, wasn't Asgardian and we've not had much luck in befriending the other alien species that have dropped by have we?" answered Natasha. She had curled her fingers into a slight fist, resting it against her chin in thought. "If they mean to attack though, why would they leave a message? Unless they're toying with us. Mmm. Bring whatever you need Christina. We'll be waiting in the car."