Name: Alai Wynter
Sex: Male
Sexuality: Bi
Race: Unknown
Height: 5'4"
Eye color: Blue
Hair color: White
Skin: Pale
Info: Alai comes from a realm known as the Fey wild. It is there he was born, and there he studied magic in one of the great Eladrin schools of magic. Alai is usually a very happy person, but he holds many secrets. The secret of his origin is known only to him. The Eladrin only know that one day he was simply there outside the gates of Shinaelestra; The Fading City. He refuses to speak of his past before he came to that city, but the Eladrin welcomed him with open arms, took him in and helped him to perfect his arts of healing. So he dwelled there and studied for eighty years in Shinaelestra, he has a sharp mind and his aptitude for learning astounded his mage tutors. Now, he simply travels the Material Prime Plane; the realm of humans to experience everything he can. To grow wise through experience before he will eventually return to the Fey wild.
Scars, tattoos, etc.: Scars decorate his back. Some seem to have been made by the claws of an animal, a big cat or something similar. On Alai's right shoulder blade is the image of a snowflake, it is about the size of a quarter and an ice blue color. It is his 'birthmark'.

Alai skipped through the forest, looking for all the world like any normal human boy of only sixteen years of age, but he was much older than that. Age didn't matter though, not to him. Right now the only thing that mattered was this forest. It was so exciting, and so very unpredictable. One day it was sweltering hot and the next it was like a monsoon, or freezing cold. It certainly kept one on their toes, but Alai loved it. It was just so very much like the realm he came from. Though the unpredictible forests there were not quite as large as this one, and usually followed a cycle, so it wasn't really unpredictible or random or chaotic at all. Not like this place. Who knew such a place like this could exist in the mortal realm?

He was humming contently as he skipped through the forest. His long cloak and mage skirt threatening to wind around his booted legs and trip him, though they never did. That skirt also threatened to reveal parts of his anatomy that shouldn't be revealed, yet it never actually revealed anything inappropriate. The mage was clutching a book to his chest, it was a ritual book. As the only magic he could use of his own accord was healing magic and ice magic, the ritual book could be used by any though really. As the rituals used the innate magical ability of the person performing it to succeed, so he could effectively throw fire balls if he performed the ritual correctly. Also in the back of the book he had taken some notes about some of the things he had seen so far in the mortal realm.

He clutched that book tightly for a minute, then slipped it inside that odd cloak of his, where it seemed to vanish, leaving his hands free to touch and poke at things gently. Honestly he wasn't sure what fruits or berries were good to eat, because he wasn't very familiar with the kinds of natural foods the material plane produced, nor had he thought to find a guide book of sorts. Honestly he hadn't expected to get lost in a forest this big. It didn't matter though, he would survive, and he would learn from the experience, that was all he really wanted. Tired of stuffy class rooms, he wanted some hands on experience, there was only so much one could learn from tutors and instructors. The rest needed to be learned from first hand experience.

Alai's clothing was probably very strange from the inhabitants of this plane, but he couldn't be sure, since so far all he had seen of it was this forest. Certainly he would be mistaken for a girl if he came upon others, but he didn't mind. He was wearing the female version of the mage robes anyway, and he often pretended to be female. It was just a fun game to play, even if it didn't cause problems sometimes. He didn't care what direction he was going in, if he was going towards people or away from them, surely he would find out eventually. Though he hardly expected to run into many people in this forest, he had hoped to see an elf or two though. So far no luck on that.

Temple
people strive to be better me i'...

Old 05-24-2013, 07:58 PM

Con raised his head the group seemed to be acting strangely, he rose from the rock and griped his sword and pulled it out of the rock he stabbed it in, placing it over his shoulder he made his way into the woods stepping over roots and rocks so he didn't fall but being vigilant.

"Dame I was hoping for more entertainment from those strange people" He said to himself as he watched the trees, it was very easy to get lost in the woods even for Con who had lived here most of his life but he had picked up a couple, tricks along the way like setting up traps and that's when Con saw it a small creature that he had caught on one of his traps a wolf from the looks of it. The man set his katana down as he went up and started petting the wolf he ran his eye down the wolf it seemed that he had been attacked by something before it was trapped, Con placed his hands around the wolf "Rest in the hunting grounds of the after life friend" He said before braking the neck of the beast, it letting out a load yelp before falling Con Picked up the wolf placing it on his shoulder before picking back up his Katana again, "now where should I cook you" he said as he started back for the river it was the cleanest source of water he knew about.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 05-25-2013, 04:59 AM

The woman just nodded at Avaddon's statement. She was still sure she could take down almost anything, given the right opportunity. But, she hadn't ever quite fought beasts like those in the forest, no. Not that their hunger for blood or domination would differ so from the hunger of those who had tried to kill her for so many years.

She decided they probably weren't so different on the inside, and once you broke down an animal on the inside, he'd kill himself and the work would be done for you. Kaitlyn knew this from experience. She'd killed in so many ways, and breaking down her opponents so that they would do the dirty work for her was one of them. Anything could be taken down, if you knew how to do it.

When the wolf scratched his ear, Katie wrinkled her nose and side-eyed the animal. He'd better not be getting any fleas on her. That's the last thing she needed out here, itching flea bites. She gave him one last piece of the fish and stood. "I'm taking to the trees," she stated to the man. "I'm leaving the fish here, if you aren't going to eat it. I'd like to draw out some of these beasts." She paused in thought. "I want to see them for myself."

With that, she added a log to the fire, the flashier the better, and turned her back to the man to head for the trees. She realized that she may have implied some sort of friendliness when she'd said 'if you aren't going to eat it', and she wanted to be clear that friendship was not her intention. She called over her shoulder, "You're welcome to hang around the fire. I haven't seen anyone die in hours now. It's starting to bum me out." She said the words coldly, yet they seemed to drip with an air of sweet sarcasm. Of course she didn't really expect the man to sit by the fire. How idiotic would he have to be to really do that? She continued towards the trees.

She didn't know if the fox would stay with her or return to his companion, but she did know that if he stayed, it meant she'd have Avaddon's company through the night. She grumbled at the thought, making quick and effortless work of climbing into a high tree where she could see the fire and the fish perfectly. She leaned against it's trunk with her legs rested crossed on the branch before her. She intertwined her fingers in her lap and waited. She certainly was an anti-social woman, but chances were she'd come around. Or kill you trying.

Last edited by p o p p e t ♥; 05-25-2013 at 05:03 AM..

happydeath
(>O3O)>
Send a message via AIM to happydeath Send a message via MSN to happydeath Send a message via Yahoo to happydeath

Old 05-27-2013, 05:03 AM

When the woman had decided to turn her gaze over toward Yukito for a moment, the fox had turned his head over to the side to look at the woman with a single one of his ears tilting just slightly to the side. The look on the woman's face had gotten him slightly confused as though she was starting to become annoyed with his presence. At that same thought, his ears had slowly began to lower themselves against his skull just as his tail had began to lower itself down in between his legs. When the woman had decided to turn her back to Avaddon, the small fox had turned his attention back onto his human friend before jumping off of her shoulder and running over to climb onto Avaddon's shoulder once again. From what the fox had listened to, the woman did seem rather kind at first until she stated about not seeing anyone die in a few hours. Just at those words, a small whimper had been easily heard from the small fox before it curled up against Avaddon's neck.

All the while, Avaddon had taken his eyes directed down toward the fish which still burned only slightly by the flames. Even once the woman had stood up to walk away from the small campfire, he hadn't taken his attention away from it nor had he bothered to speak about anything she had replied to him. The woman had seemed rather interested in the strange beasts that lurked within the darkness of this forest and wanted to see one for herself. A small sigh had escaped Avaddon's lips as he stood to his own feet before turning his back to the flame and making his way across the river. Climbing his way to make himself up to a separate tree from the woman, he had rested his back against the tree trunk while sitting on large branch. Yukito at this point had slowly began to drift off to sleep once more while curled up against his male human friend's shoulders. While he had sat there, Avaddon hadn't bothered to shut his eyes as he turned his gaze down toward the campsite and awaited to see which beast would decide to hop out from the darkness first.

(just to be sure. I didn't bother to post it, but in case..should i just do an npc of a beast from the forest? or if not, someone else decides to post on entering the campsite? i dont even know what im really saying right now myself. @w@;)

Temple
people strive to be better me i'...

Old 05-27-2013, 07:04 PM

(Ya I guess that could be smart to speed up a meeting"

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 05-31-2013, 04:10 AM

((Sorry, I've been a little busy, and for some strange reason I don't really play well when all my plays aren't all moving. Lol I'm weird I know. But here I am. :) Happy, you can always NPC anyone if you'd like. I think NPCs are really important in a story. I'll start a monster that anyone can control and just see where it goes! Knowing me I'm going to get a little crazy with it, lol. Hurr we go!))

Avaddon had climbed a tree nearby hers and was resting at about the same level. The fox creature had returned to him. For a split second, she was upset by that, but before she let emotions return to her, she pushed the feeling aside and no longer cared. Good riddance to the thing. She couldn't afford to feel love for anything or anyone ever again. All things you love leave you, or try to kill you. Or in Kaitlyn's case are killed, by her. Not that it was her fault really, no. It was kill or be killed, who would blame her?

She sat in the tree for what seemed like an hour before a beast finally creeped forward from the forest. It had really only been a few minutes. Lucky for Kaitlyn and Avaddon they had climbed into the trees when they did.

This beast had to stand at at least nine feet tall. His skin was a gross greenish brown color. He carried an ax that probably weighed as much as Kaitlyn herself. He walked on two legs, had two arms with thumbs... He was almost like a strange mutant person. What was that thing?

Kaitlyn sat up from her spot and leaned forward to get a better look. The creature moved towards the fish, leaning down to sniff it before knocking it away. He was looking for something else, but what? He tilted his head upwards and seemed to sniff the air. What did he smell?

Before she knew it, the beast turned his head and looked directly at Avaddon and the fox. He charged the tree. In the moment the beast began to run for the tree, Kaitlyn drew her bow and shot an arrow square into the beast's neck. He roared a roar less of pain, and more of annoyance. He stopped in his tracks and pulled the arrow from his skin.

Only a small and insignificant amount of blood dribbled from the hole. He turned his head in her direction, fury on his face. Quicker than Kaitlyn would have thought possible of a beast that size, the thing flung it's ax at her. She jumped out of the way just in time, but the ax chopped into the branch enough that her weight sent it crashing to the ground.

As the branch fell, Kaitlyn reached out and caught another branch of the large tree. Unfortunately it left her within arms reach of the large beast who was now running towards her. Her heart raced, but this was the kind of thing Kaitlyn was used to. This was the kind of threat she lived through every single day. This beast certainly would not kill her, she would be damned if it did. She hung there assessing her options quickly, she had but moments to spare.

happydeath
(>O3O)>
Send a message via AIM to happydeath Send a message via MSN to happydeath Send a message via Yahoo to happydeath

Old 05-31-2013, 05:22 AM

Remaining seated within the tree, Avaddon's gaze remained focused onto the campfire below him that still sat burning wildly next to the river. The scent of the cooked fish by this point was easily able to reach his nostrils as it was more then obvious enough that at least one of the beasts that hid within this deep forest would decide to show itself sooner or later. Yukito by this point had already fallen into a deep slumber as he kept himself curled up on the branch thinking that no beast was going to show up. Just as expected, after a matter of minutes passed by, the sound of a large creature had finally caught Avaddon's attention. The beast that had decided to finally show itself was one of the more common types anyone would find lurking in the darkness of this forest.

From what it looked like, the strange creature had made his way over toward the small campfire only to take a few sniffs of the burning fish. Even with the beast looking down at the fish, Avaddon hadn't budged a single inch as his gaze was only taken away from the creature and over toward the tree where the woman had climbed up to sit in. She had wanted to see what kind of creatures lurked within this forsaken forest, so here she got it. It was with no surprise to Avaddon when the creature had knocked away the fish and began to sniff the area. Never once had he actually seen one of these strange beasts actually decide to eat human food before, however his gaze was soon taken down toward Yukito who still slept peacefully on the branch. Those things may not enjoy the taste of human food, but they did enjoy the flesh of the other creatures that lurked in the forest such as the ones that lurk during the day.

When the beast had began to charge toward the tree Avaddon sat within. He was prepared to sit up and grab Yukito to get them off of the branch they sat on. That was before the woman had decided to send an arrow straight toward the beast, once it had roared the sound of it's loud mouth had caused the small fox to reawaken from his deep slumber. Quickly shifting his head over to see as how the woman he found friendly was in arms reach of this beast, the small fox growled deeply before he had jumped off of the branch only to come running over toward the beast. Growling low toward the beast, Yukito had climbed straight onto the large creature's face and began to claw at it rapidly. Instantly the large creature had finally began to try and reach for his face only to grab the small white fox into the palm of his hand and began to squeeze the life out of the poor fox.

Noticing how his fox friend was in danger, Avaddon hadn't wasted any time to jump from his own branch to the floor and charge forward to the large creature. Within a matter of seconds, he had reached back for the bow of his violin as he quickly darted straight for the arm that the creature used to hold onto Yukito. In an instant, Avaddon had slashed forward toward the arm with the bow of the violin only to end up causing a large gashing cut that wasn't even close enough to rip the large beast's arm off. All it had been for was simply to cause the creature a large amount of pain so that he would drop Avaddon's fox friend. Quickly enough, once Yukito had fallen from the beast's grip he quickly jumped forward to catch him into his arms and take a single glance back at the beast as it roared in pain once again.

Obviously enough, the beast was now even more enraged that he was being attacked by three beings. Two of which were human and the third just so happen to be what he wanted to eat. Charging forward toward Avaddon, he hadn't bothered to waste a single moment before placing Yukito down onto the floor and whispering for him to run and find somewhere safe to hide. Taking a single glance up at his human friend, the white fox soon bolted away into a darker area of the forest but not too far that he couldn't see the battle going on. As the large beast came ever closer toward Avaddon, he had ended up reaching back for his blade that was normally hidden from sight of many people. Quickly unsheathing it, Avaddon had held it out in front of him for a single moment to block the creature's large fist that had come crashing downward. The blade was crafted by the same people who experimented on him, so the simple strength of this large beast wasn't going to be enough to break the blade. However, that didn't stop the creature from trying as he kept pressing his fist down onto the sword only to cause the beast to begin bleeding from it's wrist.

Karou Sveltla
(-.-)zzZ

Old 06-03-2013, 09:34 PM

name: KirinK
Sex: female
Sexuality: straight
Instinct: party, seduce, and kill
Eye color: green
race: Blood Fey
Magic: dragonzzz
Favorite word: annihilate
plays guitar and piano
Kirink is from the other side of the universe and loves to flirt. kirink is a mutual party who loves to party.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 06-06-2013, 10:58 PM

Alai skipped along rather happily, pausing for a moment to peer in the distance. An orange flickering had caught the feminine healer's attention, and it made the smile on his face widen. Perhaps he would find some elves! He had hoped to see some, after all this was a forest. He resumed his happy skipping, the long white skirt of his mage robes flowing and swirling around his slender legs as he moved. Though as he grew nearer, he heard sounds that indicated a scuffle. Or rather a fight with a beast, well there were monsters in this forest, he had seen a few of them. Mostly from a distance, the ones he hadn't seen from a distance had luckily been weak to his ice magic.

Sounds of roaring and battle grew louder the closer Alai came, and his pace slowed. The smile on his face replaced by a serious expression as he began to ready a spell. Words were whispered under his breath in Eladrin, the forming of a spell as he willed the energy within himself to react to the words of power. Words and will, and element he shared an affinity with brought the spell to life rather easily. The air immediately surrounding Alai cooled instantly, and he stepped into the firelight just as a large spear of ice formed in his hand. The beasts back was to him, and it was trying to get at a man with a sword. Perhaps an adventurer or a warrior? Alai had little time for such fanciful thoughts though, a cold smile touched his lips as he raised the ice spear and threw it.

Those lips were already moving, the hand that had thrown the spear made archaic markings in the air as the ice weapon flew towards the creature's back. Other spears of ice joined the first, forming in the air around the first. Four other spears surrounded the first, and they all sunk home with a sickening sound as the spears pierced the beasts tough hide. They hadn't seemed to go deep enough for any serious damage to have been dealt to the monster, but it had made the beast roar out in anger and turn towards the one that had thrown such things at it.

Alai had distracted the beast from the man with the sword. Perhaps now, as the beast was charging Alai, the swordsman could hack it's head off, or it's legs. Or get some other finishing blow on it. The cold smile had faded from the healer's lips, and an expressionless look had replaced it as he held both hands up even with his chest. Palms towards the beast, as if pleading for it to stop, it charged at him and crashed body first into a barrier of cool whiteish blue light. Though the force at which the beast slid into it, made Alai slide back some inches, the barrier around him held though. He wasn't sure how long it would hold, his magic was only at it's strongest when he healed others, still he had made an opening for the swordsman and surely the swordsman would use it to his full advantage.

Last edited by Kry; 08-14-2016 at 01:41 AM..

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 06-07-2013, 03:50 AM

As Kaitlyn hung in the tree, the beast charging it, she came up with a plan. Before she moved though, the little fox-like creature was attacking the beast. He was clawing at it fiercely and Kaitlyn was kind of stunned. Why hadn't the pair run away already? She glanced down at the ground, a fall of at least twelve feet or so. Not something human bones could typically handle, especially not knowing what was in the brush below.

She quickly pulled herself up onto the branch. Her bow was slung around her arm at the elbow at the last minute before her fall and now she grabbed it, readying another bow as she sat on the branch. Avaddon had sliced at the beast, but the action had done little more than annoy the creature. By the time she'd readied her bow and arrow, the beast had already pounded his fists down onto Avvadon's blade, and she had a poor shot of anything vital from her spot there in the tree.

Kaitlyn cursed and began climbing down the tree. She made quick and easy work of it and when she reached the ground, she looked up to see some kind of spears flying towards the beast. She looked in the direction from which they came to see a small female. The sickening sound of the spears piercing the creature's skin caused her to return her attention to it and Avaddon. The thing roared angrily and spun around to face it's new attacker.

From her spot here, the beast didn't pay any mind to Kaitlyn and she was rather enjoying the show now. She wanted to see some forest beasts and now she was. Live and in action. She wanted to know how they worked and moved and thought. This was perfect. The girl put her arms up and Kaitlyn wondered if she honestly thought she'd be able to deflect the beast or something like that. But that wasn't the case at all.

The creature ran into some kind of force field. Much like the ones that kept Kaitlyn from escaping her captors for so many years. The sight caused her to frown at the thoughts and wonder if this girl may have some kind of link to her past in a technical kind of way. Magic wasn't something unheard of, but it also wasn't something Kaitlyn had ever seen or believed in. She kept her place there by the tree. Waiting and watching to see what would happen next.

happydeath
(>O3O)>

Old 06-07-2013, 04:30 AM

As the beast had continued to slam it's large fists against the steel of Avaddon's blade. The dark-haired male had kept his guard up as he had only moved his free arm to place his wrist against the more dull side of the blade to support the weight of the beast's ongoing attacks. There was no chance that he was going to simply let himself be taken down by something as menacing as a random beast from this forsaken forest. If he were to had been killed on the spot here and now, there was no way that Avaddon would be able to forgive himself for abandoning his fox friend like that. Within a matter of seconds, the sight of what seemed to be a bright glimpse of white light had caught Avaddon attention by the corner of his eye. He had thought for sure that this must've been the work of his fox just trying to find a spot to hide while the moonlight shined off of his white fur.

However, when the sounds of the creature's blood spurting widely out from it's back was heard, both of Avaddon's eyes quickly flung open in shock. The beast had been pierced by multiple spears in it's back by an unknown stranger. Whoever the person was, the dark-haired male was thankful for their help to come and distract the beast from it's nonstop rage. Although, that hadn't seemed to stop the creature from still raging and now directing it's attacks toward the stranger who had helped him. For only a moment, Avaddon took his gaze over toward the female who he had met earlier. She hadn't seemed to bother to want to help this new stranger at all. It was difficult to believe that this woman was friendly to the scent of his fox friend. Whatever the case was at the moment, Avaddon had began to hear what sounded just like crashes of continuous blades hitting one another.

Quickly enough, he had made his way over toward the small campfire that was soon going out at this rate. With the remaining flames, Avaddon had dipped entire blade into the flames of the campfire and awaited for the blade itself to get it's intense heat. Turning his gaze toward the direction where the beast had ran off to, Avaddon had quickly darted toward the creature with intense speed and agility. Rather then going straight toward the wounded back of the creature, he had made sure to slip through the darker shadowed areas of the forest to sneak up upon the creature. With all the intense experimenting on Avaddon's body, it was more then easy enough for him to slip through the forest without a single sound being made for the beast to hear him. Within an instant, a male's blade had already been placed right by the throat of the beast. Right before the creature could bother to swing his arm to the side and end up hitting it's previous target, Avaddon had easily been able to slice the entire arm off. Immediately the creature roared out in utter pain from it's arm being sliced off as well as the intense pain of the heat burning the flesh of what remained.

Annoyed with the creature's continuous roaring, Avaddon hadn't wasted anymore time to finish off the beast as he pierced it with his blade going straight for the bottom of it's head and coming clean out the top. Silence had finally returned to the forest as the dark-haired male yanked his blade out from his target before turning his attention onto the stranger who had assisted him in this battle. From what it had seemed to be of the stranger's slim body figure, it was rather difficult to believe that she had carried such large spears around with her. It wasn't too difficult to figure out that this was mostly magic of what the stranger had done. "Thank you for your help. I'm sure that thing would've ended up breaking my blade sooner or later if you hadn't strike when you did. What was that anyway?..I've never seen such spears fly at that type of speed before." He immediately spoke up, his tone of voice masking how he had killed the creature mercilessly.

(Sorry, if anything doesn't make sense here. Please tell me..I kind of wasn't completely all here when I typed this one.)

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 06-07-2013, 04:50 AM

][It made perfect sense.][

Alai wasn't sure how long his barrier could hold out against the physical strength of the raging beast. Every hit seemed to push Alai and his barrier backwards by a couple of inches now, and a cold sweat was beginning to drip down Alai's face. Really it hadn't taken very long for the swords man to come to the beast, but Alai's magic was ice and healing, the barrier was just a by product from the healing magic and so it wasn't as strong as it could've been at the hands of someone who specialized in such a thing.

The swordsman had seemed to disappear, melding into the shadows, but Alai was filled with relief when he saw the blade first, the monster's arm fall off second, and thirdly the swordsman who now struck the finishing blow. With a soft sigh, Alai's barrier dropped and his legs shook for a few moments beneath him, threatening to drop him on the ground. He remained standing though, bright smile once again on his lips and he ran a hand through that long white hair of his. His delicate feminine body definitely giving off the impression that he was female instead of male, but he was used to strangers thinking him a girl.

He had given that bright smile to the swordsman but Alai's bright blue eyes were watching the girl some distance away. He hadn't noticed her when he first arrived until she had dropped down from the tree, it seemed to him she hadn't done much to dispatch the beast but that didn't matter. It was all taken care of now, his eyes still on the girl, he answered the swordsman's questions in that soft, nearly feminine voice of his. "I'm glad I could help, and it was just simple ice magic. I specialize in healing though." Those eyes drifted from the girl to the swordsman, smile still on those lips. "I am Alai Wynter, a healer extraordinaire, and a child born of Winter's Light. Snow and Ice are my brothers and sisters." Alai gave the slightest of bows, barely bending at the waist as he spoke his introduction.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 06-09-2013, 11:17 PM

((Sorry my weekends been fairly busy! I'm going to try not to make too short of a post!))

Kaitlyn had moved from her spot at the end of the girl's introduction. She was standing by the beasts limp body. She crossed her arms and gave the creature a little nudge of a kick and scoffed. "I could have handled it myself if the two of you hadn't interfered." She spat the words rudely, but inside she knew there was a chance she wouldn't have been able to.

The fire gave it's last little flicker and then died out completely. The forest was nearly pitch black with little moonlight coming in through various spots in the trees. Kaitlyn reached down to touch the beasts skin with her fingers, still curious about the creatures of the forest when the ground shook. She was kneeling beside it and the ground shook again. It was a small shake, more of a low rumble, but then there was another, and another. Each one louder, more violent, closer.

Kaitlyn squinted into the darkness in the direction she believed the noise to be coming from, but saw nothing. Finally she could hear the sound of branches snapping and trees bending out of the way of something big. Something really, really big. In the next tremor, a beast easily five times the size of the last stepped into view. It looked identical to the last, but maybe more matured. Maybe the things mother.

Katie stood and began to slowly back away from the dead beast before her. The giant came closer, scanning the area for something. She continued backing away until she was standing beside the young girl and Avaddon. The giant beast looked down on the ground before it, seeming to find what it had been searching for as it gazed upon the slaughtered mini version of itself. It let out a loud and pained roar that caused Kaitlyn to cover her ears. It shook her to her very core.

The beast knelt forward and sniffed the air around the lifeless creature on the ground. Then another sniff, a turn of it's head and another sniff in their direction. Kaitlyn could only assume that a beast that traveled at night had great night vision, unlike herself. She took another step backwards. "Run," she whispered. Before turning on her heel and heading into the forest as fast as she could. The others would, too, if they wanted to live. There would be no defeating a beast like that, not by people like them.

If they survived, Kaitlyn might actually apologize for bringing a situation like that upon them, and maybe even introduce herself. But probably not. In fact, she really didn't even care if they lived or died at all. Two less people she'd never end up developing feelings for. Maybe she would just trip them now and be done with them.

happydeath
(>O3O)>

Old 06-10-2013, 06:43 AM

When the stranger who resembled the figure of a female had spoken up to answer Avaddon's question as to what she had done to the beast earlier only to explain that it was ice magic, he had only taken a single glance back at the creature before raising a single brow. The dark-haired male had heard rumors about magic users that wandered this planet but never once did he think that he would end up meeting one by chance like this. Nodding to the thought, when the stranger had given him a light bow and an introduction of themself; Avaddon had bowed his own head down in respects. "My name is Avaddon. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance." Were his last words before he had heard the footsteps of the female from earlier coming over. Once again, a small smile had came back to his lips when he had heard that the woman could've taken care of the creature if him and this new stranger hadn't interfered.

Without so much as a word, Yukito had noticed how the battle had came to an end already. Quickly enough, the small white fox had jumped out from the darker areas of the forest only to quickly come climbing onto Avaddon's shoulders. Taking a light sniff toward the new stranger from afar, the white fox wrapped his tail around Avaddon's neck. Yukito hadn't growled or anything toward the new stranger which also indicated that this person was friendly after-all. Right after, the white fox had turned his head over to look at the other woman curious on why she was so close to the corpse of the creature. Within a matter of seconds, when the sounds of rumbling and loud footsteps came closer, Yukito's eyes widened up in shock only to look in the direction of what came. By the time the newly extremely large creature came from the dark forest, the white fox trembled in fear before crawling off of Avaddon's shoulder and making his way onto the newly stranger's shoulder. Wrapping his tail around the stranger's neck, Yukito had thought for sure this person would be able to protect it much more since he had seen the magic this stranger had done earlier.

Avaddon on the other hand had only turned to look at the large creature sniff at the corpse of the dead beast before turning to look at the rest of them. For a single moment, he had placed a single hand onto the hilt of his blade in case the beast planned to throwing something at them. When the woman suggested that they ran, the dark-haired male only nodded once before taking a few steps backwards. "I think shes right..Don't try to attack it. It'll only aggravate it more. We need to move..now." Were his last words while he continued to back up slowly away from the beast. Within a matter of seconds, the creature roared loudly once again before it lifted it's head away from the corpse. Once again, the beast roared louder as the many birds that slept within the nearby trees flew out from their own homes. The roar was easily heard from miles away. Immediately the creature had began to stomp it's humongous hind legs into the ground as each time it's large feet touched the floor, it would feel almost as though the whole ground around them was prepared to break apart.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 06-10-2013, 03:30 PM

That bright smile didn't fade from his lips, and he only gave the girl an 'of course you could' look when she stated that she could have handled the beast on her own. Though maybe she could have, still from Alai's perspective she hadn't done much to help, then again the battle had gone quickly, as battles often do. Really it didn't matter. They were alive and safe and that was all that mattered. Alai watched the girl for a few moments, before white movement caught his eye. That attention turned to Avaddon and the white fox that had climbed to his shoulder, it was clear to Alai that the two had a close connection.

Then the ground began to shake, the smile on Alai's lips fading some. Heavy footsteps came closer and Alai suddenly found the fox on his own shoulder. A soft girlish giggle left those lips as he raised a hand to reassuringly pet the fox. "It's alright, foxling." There was no air of fear around Alai as the beast came closer and Avaddon began to back away, and the woman suggested they run. It would probably be best, even with his affinity with ice, he doubted his magic was strong enough to make an impact. It hadn't done too much to the smaller creature, but then, these things probably weren't weak to ice.

Alai stood and watched the beast for a few moments, pulling his long white cloak tightly about him with one hand and giving the fox another pat with the other hand. "Hold on tight, foxling." The words were whispered to the fox, and then Alai was running. As he moved past Avaddon, he reached out and wrapped his delicate fingers rather strongly around Avaddon's hand. Tugging the other with him as he moved. Alai had just found these new friends, he wasn't ready to get separated from them yet.

The female had a few seconds head start, but Alai was following behind her rather easily. Though he wasn't sure if she should be leading them, he certainly knew he shouldn't. He didn't know this forest, he didn't know where hiding places might be and climbing a tree was out of the question. The big beast would just knock it down. A small cave, a tiny burrow in the ground would probably be best. Alai glanced over his shoulder, wondering if any of the spells he knew could slow the beast down. It was so large, anything he did would probably just make it angrier.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 06-13-2013, 01:48 AM

Kaitlyn cleared logs, brush, rocks and branches effortlessly. She hadn't always been so quick or agile. It was something that came with years of having to be, or dying instead. She glanced over her shoulder to see Avaddon and Alai following just as easily. It annoyed her the slightest bit. If she decided that these were opponents she wanted them to be weaker, and slower.

She continued running waiting for the beast's footsteps to grow fainter. She assumed that though it would hold onto their scents, it probably wouldn't continue following them. They were too quick and agile and it was too fat and slow. Besides, at some point they would cross into something else's territory.

But she was wrong. The thing had a long stride with large muscles to back it up. It kept up with them, not too far behind. From time to time it would get too close for comfort before slamming it's weapon or fist down, trying to crush one of them.

They got to running so quickly and desperately in such darkness that Kaitlyn didn't notice the sudden drop off until it was too late. Before she knew it she was sliding down a muddy and steep hill. At the bottom of the hill, she slid to a stop on her back into a puddle of mud.

Would the beast follow? She pushed herself up and was thankful to see a small cave, just a few short yards away. The moonlight lit just enough way to see it and get there easily, and just in time. The beast leaped down from the drop off with ease, splashing mud everywhere.

Kaitlyn took off into the cave hoping that the odds were in her favor and that she wouldn't step in a hole or trip over a rock inside the cave and break a leg, or worse and break her neck. She didn't even look to see if the others had made it until she was a safe distance away from the entrance as she pressed her back against the cave wall to catch her breath.

((Riley is watching My Little Pony, way too loud. Lol I can hardly concentrate. I hope this made sense and that I didn't move too fast or miss anything from ya'll's posts!))

happydeath
(>O3O)>

Old 06-13-2013, 05:13 AM

While Avaddon had began to back away from the large creature who was more then obviously enough to be considered enraged at the fact that the smaller version of itself had been killed in battle. The dark-haired male soon began to run in the same direction as the new stranger as well as with the other female. Only about once or twice in every few moments did he actually turn his head over his shoulder to see if they were still being followed close by the large creature. As it had seemed, no matter how quickly each one of them had ran the large creature had easily been able to catch up due to it's intense rage toward all three of them.

Even with the pitch darkness that had consumed the forest, Avaddon had easily still been able to maneuver around the branches of the trees with the little light from the moon that had shined down through many of the leaves of the forest. As the creature had sent it's large fists and weapon down multiple times, it had seemed as though no matter how hard it had tried to crush at least one of them it always seemed to miss. The small fox during this point had been hanging on for dear life onto the stranger's throat as it made sure not to tighten up it's grip too much in case of blocking any oxygen from the stranger's body. However, even though it hadn't wrapped itself too tightly, Yukito had made sure to dig his claws just ever so slightly into the hood of the stranger's cloak.

Eventually, when the forest flooring had seemed to become just a bit more drenched, Avaddon had immediately taken himself up toward the branches of the trees. It was quite difficult to see, but thankfully enough he had been able to spot the hill of mud as the dark-haired male swung from the branches to reach the bottom rather then letting himself get drenched in mud all over. The last thing that had caught his gaze was when the female from earlier had ended up rushing into what looked to be a cave. There was no doubt that the large creature was going to fit into such a small space anytime soon. So with the thought in his head, Avaddon had quickly followed the female into the cave as he ran down the path till he had caught up to the woman. Only once did he turn his attention back toward the entrance in hopes that the stranger would make it as well, considering Yukito was still in the stranger's care at this point.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 06-13-2013, 05:31 AM

The creature was very angry at them, that was apparent, and though it looked as if it should be slow and clumsy the span of it's legs made up for what speed it lacked. Every crash behind them of the monsters fist or weapon made Alai run all the more faster, or at least try to run faster. He was moving as fast as his slender legs could carry him, and he was glad the fox was still on his body. He could feel the little claws and that furry body pressed against him, Alai reached up to pull the creature free and cuddle it close to his chest. To better protect the little thing with his body if the monster did catch him or if he tripped.

He glanced over his shoulder and when he looked back ahead, Avaddon was slipping up into the tree branches. Alai couldn't afford to watch what his companion was doing and he had already, lost sight of the girl, just a little ways ahead of him. From the way she had disappeared from sight it seemed she had fallen. He hoped she was alright, but he was confident that if she had gotten injured he could heal her. Then Alai was on the precipice of the drop, and he didn't hesitate, he jumped. When he hit the ground he rolled. His arms protectively around the little fox, as if the life of this creature was far more important than his own life.

He came up on his feet, and though he hadn't seen the others slip into the small cave, he did see the small cave. That seemed a good place to hide and the monster was crashing down behind him. Alai made a mad dash for the cave, his fingers twitching slightly, and he was mumbling the words of a spell under his breath. As he entered the cave he turned suddenly, reaching out with one hand while keeping the other around the fox, his palm towards the cave entrance as he released his will.

Slowly at first, ice began to form around the cave opening, then faster. It thickened and spread out quickly now. Alai mumbled the spell even faster in his strange language and the ice moved even faster. Within moments a very very thick wall of ice blocked the entrance of the cave. Alai was certain the monster couldn't fit through the entrance anyway, but it was best to be safe. Hopefully after futilely banging against the ice wall the creature would leave and forget about them.

Feeling rather secure as the last word dropped from his lips, Alai sank to his knees, panting hard and feeling rather tired. It was a big spell and he had cast it so quickly. Though the wall was thick, and you couldn't see through it very clearly it seemed to enhance the moonlight. Reflecting it into the cave the make it a little brighter so they could see without too much of a problem.

He cuddled the little fox and then set it down in his lap so it was free to do whatever it wanted. A cold sweat dripped down Alai's face and he wiped at it lightly with one corner of his cloak. He turned his head to survey his surroundings, only now realizing his new friends had made it into the cave before him. That was good, he had been a little worried they would end up getting eaten.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 06-13-2013, 01:56 PM

Kaitlyn had her back to the wall of the cave when Avaddon ran inside, and shortly after, Alai ran in, too. "Great," she mumbled. Those two could keep up too easily. And though Alai seemed to have a little mud on him, Avaddon was clean. She rolled her eyes and wiped at some of the mud on her arm, purposely doing it hard enough that some of it would fling onto Avaddon.

Alai was saying something that she couldn't understand, and as he did the cave entrance sealed with ice. It made the inside of the cave brighter, and it made it colder, too. Luckily she was still wearing her leather boots and leather jacket. Hell, maybe the mud would dry and add that much more warmth.

When the young girl fell to her knees, Kaitlyn's automatic reaction was to go and see if she was okay. But she realized what she was doing, and couldn't afford to be soft. She leaned her back against the cave again and directed her attention elsewhere as she looked around the cave.

Though the entrance was small, the cave seemed to go farther back. The path wasn't a paved walk in the park, but it seemed to open up some ways back before it turned off into darkness. She wanted to explore it. She would explore it. But she needed to make yet another fire, and she was tired from the exhausting run. She needed to relax for a minute before working to get a fire started to make torches. She eyed the others, never trusting anyone.

happydeath
(>O3O)>

Old 06-15-2013, 12:33 AM

After catching his breath just ever so slightly from resting within this large dark cave, it had only been a matter of seconds later when the once cold chills of the cave had dropped in temperature even more then it was earlier. Quickly enough, Avaddon had turned his gaze back onto the entrance of the cave only to find that the stranger from earlier had now entered the cave as well only to create what seemed to be a large wall of ice to block the way in. It had seemed to had taken quite a bit of energy out of the stranger as he watched how the newcomer soon dropped to their own knees. Right as the dark-haired male was about to approach the stranger, the sudden loud sounds of banging against solid rock was felt throughout the whole cave. The large creature had now been banging against the exterior of the cave with both of it's fists while the inside of the cave had multiple pieces of rock falling from the ceiling.

If the creature hadn't stopped anytime soon, there was no doubt that the pressure from it's fists would soon cause the ceiling to cave in. Thankfully enough after about a minute or so passing by, the creature had finally decided to give up on trying to break the cave open and get it's targets. The loud sounds of stomping in the opposite direction was probably the best sound that Avaddon had heard. A low sigh came from his lips only for him to gasp sharply when the slight feeling of something wet being splashed against him caught his attention. Turning his head over toward the other woman, it had seemed as though she was trying to get at least some of her mud onto his own skin to get even with him for getting to the cave untouched by anything.

Yukito at this point had still been hanging onto the stranger's cloak tightly even after the stranger had decided to wrap their arms around his small fragile body. While on the way toward the large cave, the small fox couldn't help but look up at the stranger with a confused expression across his face. It had seemed this stranger was indeed really friendly just as the rest of the group the white fox had considered friendly. By the time the two had finally entered the dark cave, only to have the stranger fall onto their knees, Yukito blinked up at the stranger with sorrow in his eyes. This person was no doubt really exhausted from the travel to this place and not to mention the strange wall they had just created to protect everyone within the cave. Pawing lightly at the stranger's cloak, Yukito had licked the top of the stranger's hand in hopes that they were still in good enough condition for continuing to travel.

Avaddon by this point had tried to wipe off the mud that was flung onto his body only to cause it to spread only slightly as a stripe of mud on his clothing. Sighing softly to himself, he shrugged off the thought that he wouldn't be able to get this mud off of him til they had found some water. So rather, he had made his way over toward the stranger and Yukito near the entrance of the cave. Holding out a single hand to try and help the stranger up to their feet, the white fox had only turned his gaze back up toward Avaddon for a moment to realize that it was his usual human friend.

(Kind of was lost in my own world when I typed this. Sorry if there is something wrong with it. @w@; )

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 06-15-2013, 03:47 AM

Alai had been afraid the cave might fall down around them as the beast banged on the ice wall, and he was ready to leap up and run to his new friends to surround them with a barrier to protect them for a falling in roof, but soon the monster moved on. Alai let out a breath he hadn't realized he had been holding, and when the fox licked his hand he looked down at it and smiled brightly as it pawed at his cloak. "I'm alright." Bright smile on Alai's lips and he looked towards the ice wall he had made, pondering for a moment. It had made the temperature inside the cave drop a bit, but the new level of coolness was rather refreshing to Alai.

Those blue eyes blinked at the sudden appearance of Avaddon in front of him. Offering a hand. That smile still on Alai's lips and he took the offered hand gently and stood. Alai's skin was warm, almost feverish warm, despite the chill of the cave but once Alai was on his feet, he released Avaddon's hand. Eyes roaming over the other for a moment, searching for injuries. When he didn't see any he turned slightly to call out to the female. "Are you hurt?" His attention wasn't on the girl long, though he was still listening for her reply.

Alai moved to the frozen entrance of the cave and laid his palms on it and his right cheek. Pressing his body against the cold ice. Blue eyes closed, and Alai recalled some of the energy he had used to make the wall. It wasn't much energy, just the residual energy left over from such a big spell, he couldn't get all of it back of course, but a little was better than none. The wall remained, as solid as ever. Though it would slowly melt. Very slowly considering how thick it was. Eyes opened and Alai turned, pressing his back against the ice wall. Eyes on his new friends.

There were a few mud stains on Alai's lovely white clothing, but it was just mud. It was nothing to get upset over. He could wash them later.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 06-15-2013, 07:02 PM

She basically grunted her reply to Alai. A sound that said, 'I'm fine, of course'. She moved off of the wall, kicking some rock out of the way that had fallen while the beast had been banging on the frozen door. She glanced towards the entrance of the rest of the cave, opposite of the ice door.

"I don't suppose you can magically summon me up a torch," she said to the small girl. She wasn't asking, but making more of a rude statement. The key to not having relationships with people, was making them hate you. What better way than to be hateful?

She threw her braid over her shoulder and put her hands on her hips as she scanned the cave floors. There wasn't even a way to make a fire here. There wasn't anything to burn. She walked over to the rocky corridor and peered inside. There seemed to be a dim light coming from around the corner.

Kaitlyn put her hand out against the wall and moved slowly, stepping over rocks, holes and dodging stalactites to avoid hitting her head until she rounded the corner. The corridor opened up better then to allow her to stand and move fairly easily. Perhaps this had once been a place where water ran through.

In the walls, glowworms made their homes. That's what had been emitting the light. The deeper the tunnel went, the more glowworms lined the ceiling and walls lighting the way with a turquoise light. If they had a jar, or a basket or something they could collect some of them for areas that didn't have any so that they could still see.

She continued forward. It would be some time, but eventually the corridor would open up to a huge cavern filled with water. The glowworms would be plentiful throughout the ceiling above the water, making the sight look similar to the aurora borealis. It would be amazingly magnificent.

((I added that last part and you guys can decide if you want to take it slow and allow our characters some time to talk together without making it to the cavern quite yet, or not. It's up to you guys!))

happydeath
(>O3O)>

Old 06-16-2013, 08:03 PM

As Yukito had heard from the stranger that they stated they were alright, the white fox had hopped in place with his tail swaying left and right joyfully. Once Avaddon had helped the stranger up to their feet, the white fox immediately crawled back up to have himself perched upon his usual human friend's shoulder. Curious about everything around him, the white fox had turned his head between both the new stranger and the woman from earlier. From what Yukito had heard from the woman, she seemed to had been curious about making the new stranger create some sort of light for them to make their way closer into the cave. Just listening to that, the small fox had glanced left and right to see if he could find any source of item that he could use his ember to make a small fire out of. Sadly enough, no matter how much Yukito had looked around he could only find nothing more but rocks.

Avaddon on the other hand had watched as how the stranger had put their own body against the large wall of ice that they had created just a minute ago. Curious onto what they were doing, when the woman had spoken up on asking about the torch he had turned his attention back onto her for a moment. Her tone easily gave away the fact to anyone that she was being rude, but the dark-haired male hadn't bothered to really treat the woman badly in return since Yukito had considered her friendly still. When she had decided to walk off a bit deeper into the cave, Avaddon had began to follow her from a slight distance. The only time he had actually decided to turn around was to take his attention back onto the other stranger. "We're all looking for a way out..so why not travel together?" Avaddon stated before continuing to follow the woman till after about an other moment or so he had ended up reaching the same large cavern filled with water.

Throughout most of his life, never did Avaddon see such beauty in one area before. The bright light that glowed from the strange worms from upon the ceilings made even the water itself give off a slight glow to it. Taking several steps toward the water, the dark-haired male placed a single hand into the water, it was cool and very refreshing rather then being too cold. Instantly, when the small fox had noticed how the water wasn't as cold as he had thought it to be, Yukito hadn't wasted any time to jump straight into the water. Watching his small fox have the joy of jumping into the water, Avaddon stood back up to his feet before shaking his head. "Got any ideas where to go from here? I've never really been through a cave like this before..so im not too sure what we're going to find if we decide to go any further in." As he spoke, he hadn't turned his gaze toward the woman but rather kept his attention onto Yukito as he watched how the small fox had his fun by splashing around in the water playfully.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 06-17-2013, 01:51 AM

Either Alai was pretending not to notice how rude the other girl was, or the rudeness just completely went over his head. It would be hard for the others to tell which it was, but honestly, Alai didn't even realize she was being rude. With his back pressed to the ice wall he shook his head lightly. "I can't make a torch and I didn't bring any with me." He had giggled ever so slightly, remembering some of the items he had left at home before starting his journey. Still, there might be something in his cloak to help.

As Avaddon mentioned staying together, Alai nodded and when the others began to move off deeper into the cave, he followed. Pulling his cloak open slightly and sticking a hand into the inside pocket sewn there, looking for something that might help light their way. His ritual book was in there, the pocket actually able to hold a great many things, and even large things at that, but there were no torches. He gave up the search through the pocket rather quickly when he noticed the glow worms. Another giggle left his lips and he moved very close to one wall, reaching out and plucking some of the glow worms from their perches on the wall. He brought one on the palm of his hand close to his face and stared at it a moment.

Alai kept one eye on his new friends, watching which direction they went in while he lingered at one wall full of glow worms. A minute or so passed and then Alai emerged in the cavern full of water, a multitude of glow worms in his hair, on his shoulders, and crawling around on his arms. He was giggling almost non stop, as the one's crawling on his arms were tickling him. One fell from his hair to land on the tip of his dainty nose and that only made him giggle all the harder.

He moved across the cavern, moving towards the female, though he did look at the water for a moment, as if considering jumping in, the little fox had already jumped in after all so it must be safe. Perhaps if he hadn't been covered in glow worms he might've. Clothes an all, just to get the mud off of them. He came to stop near the female. "My name is Alai, what's yours?" He spoke the words gently, that bright smile on his lips. It was nearly a constant thing, that smile.

p o p p e t ♥
a whisper in the wind

Penpal

Old 06-17-2013, 03:01 PM

Kaitlyn stood at the water, only sighing at Avaddon when he appeared near her. It didn't seem she would be traveling alone. She contemplated pushing him in the water and running away, but then the fox was jumping into the water and Kaitlyn was distracted. Lucky for him.

She shook her head at his question. "There's really no reading a cave. They're almost impossible to navigate," she said as she began to remove her jacket. "Even though water can run through them and paths can be visible, they often lead to dead ends or pits that don't seem to have a bottom."

Katie dipped the jacket in the water and shook it around to remove the mud. Then she slopped the thing down on a rock next to her. Next she removed her boots and proceeded to do the same with them. "We can pick a direction and hope for the best. There's just no telling where it will lead." She paused for a moment as she slopped her boots onto the rock walk. "There's no telling what lives down here either." She took a moment to look around. Something could be watching them right now and they wouldn't even know it.

Then the girl was joining them. She was giggling and had glowworms all over her. They were stuck in her hair and even on her face. Bleh. Kaitlyn had been around plenty of bugs and other creepy crawly things. But it didn't mean she liked them or wanted them all over her. The girl was a walking lantern now, and Kaitlyn was sure that even if she wasn't, that overly friendly bright ass smile would do the trick.

"I guess if we run out of light we'll be in good shape if she sticks around," Kaitlyn mumbled to Avaddon. Then she realized she'd used the word 'we' twice now. It made her angry. She was forming bonds already. That wouldn't do. Then she girl was talking to her.

"I heard," she replied in response to the girl offering her name. She added an eye roll to it hoping to at least offend the girl. "It's Kaitlyn." Then she was removing her pants, then her tank top. She was left in black undergarments, nothing special or particularly sexy, just normal. She dipped the pants and tank top in the water before slopping them onto rocks, too.

"My friends used to call me Katie. But then I killed them." She added the last part really nonchalantly as she'd moved to wring out her clothes and dump the water from her boots. It was chilly down here, but not unbearably so. She looked down at herself now. There was mud in her hair and on her arms and she decided she might as well jump into the water and wash it all off while she had the chance, though she would leave her hair in it's braid, and her undergarments on.

She wasn't a very modest woman, there was no reason to be. She killed everyone she'd met over the last ten years. Those she hadn't killed had stripped her down like an animal anyway, for bathing, clothing and medical purposes. Kaitlyn then found a rock that protruded out of the walk over the water and used it to dive in.

Though there were areas that one could walk into the water, it was very deep in most parts. Too deep to swim to the bottom she was sure. It was crystal clear, though hard to see into anyway with the dark of the cave. The glowworms that lined the ceilings cast reflections on the water, making it that much harder to see into.

It was rather relaxing actually. Something Kaitlyn hadn't been in a really long time; relaxed. She floated onto her back and closed her eyes, listening to the splashing sounds of the little fox. What a curious creature he was to her.