~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 07-11-2013, 02:40 AM

Hikari, being rather small and slightly built, was not prepared for Ikori to press himself further against her legs. With a yelp of surprise, she went down and landed on her bottom. She was stunned for a second, then started laughing and hugged Ikori. "You're strong, Ikori! I-it's okay, though, I'm not hurt." She said. She loved the feel of his fur, it was so soft and thick.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 07-11-2013, 02:50 AM

He hadn't meant to knock her over, and when she fell his ears drooped, his tail stopped wagging and he whined softly. A little afraid she might want to punish him for knocking her over, but she laughed and reassured him that it was alright and that she was okay. Then she hugged him! He barked softly and licked her cheek, that tail wagging again. He was glad she was okay, it really had been an accident, but she thought he was strong. She seemed to like hugging him and he wriggled slightly in her arms. He liked being hugged. He nuzzled her gently and licked her a few more times.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 07-11-2013, 03:01 AM

Hikari laughed a little more as the dog licked her cheek. "You're a good dog, Ikori. I think I will like staying here with you." She said to him, not pulling away from the hug. He was warm, and Hikari was reminded of the dogs her family used to have. Except Ikori was better, he could turn human and talk.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 07-14-2013, 11:14 PM

"Hmm so Freedom's Heart Inn, Heart's freedom Inn, Freedom Inn, or Freeheart Inn? Since everyone seems happy with that theme. And the symbol on the sign can be a heart with wings taking flight. And the decorating can be mainly in sky themes with ivy and flowers near the bottom but butterflies towards the top. With the furniture being some randomly chosen matching color that fits the butterfly or flower patter, with deep blue and earnest dark woods accented in gold being the furniture for the main shared rooms. Yes. I think I like that. Thank you for the idea Hikari" She announced after she had watched them for a moment. She had noticed Ikori seemed to react well with the name so she gave a few in line with the same theme. She already had an idea for the sign really and smiled to them a moment. She liked to paint really, though not people but jsut nature scenes so painting the ivy and plants and butterfly kissed skies would be easy. The bottom of the walls would be the dark wood paneling with a celtic knotting inspired ivy carving that she could also carve. It would take a few weeks but she was sure she could do it.

"I'll get some supplies, you two have fun and play." She said with a giggle at them then. Within moments she had plain stepped away, though to them it would literally look like a door shaped and sized rectangle of moonlight had appeared and she'd stepped into it only for it to shimmer right back out of existence as if she'd never been there to begin with. She would disappear for a short time, hocking things she'd collected and ordering furniture to start with. She then picked up some paints she already had, plus more, and some wood as well as her various carving utensils. She would drop the supplies inside a random room and come walking out of the in about twenty minutes later.

She held a plank of wood in one hadn and her bag'o'plenty in the other which had some carving and paints put in it on top of her regular supplies. Soon she was sprawled under a tree about halfway between them and the inn so she could wave at them. She would then begin to start carving and painting the sign, minus the name, until the other two decided if they wanted to keep Heart's Freedom or use one of the other names she'd listed. The heart and intricate wings she was carving would take long enough they would have even more time. She also wanted to add a few butterflies... and some ivy around the edges...

Last edited by Staria; 07-14-2013 at 11:26 PM..

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 07-16-2013, 06:39 AM

Hikari blinked and turned to look at Ikori. [B]"O-okay. What do we do while she's g-gone?"[B] She asked shyly, though she didn't expect an answer while he was in canine form. "Maybe...play a game? O-or should we clean up a little?" She mused.

((Short post is short...))

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 07-16-2013, 09:24 PM

Ikori's attention had gone to Mahira as she listed off other names that fit along with what Hikari suggested, his head cocked to once side giving off the appearance that his attention was fully on her as she spoke, and it was. Then she was leaving, through a doorway of the likes which Ikori had never really seen before. In moments it was gone. He pulled away from Hikari and rushed to the spot where Mahira had been, sniffing at the ground and walking in a circle where the woman had been. Her scent ended right there. There was no way he could track her by scent when she moved like that, it was impossible to tell which way she had gone, or how far.

She probably hadn't gone far, she said she was getting supplies. He sniffed at the ground a few more times, then returned to Hikari, licking her cheeks like any happy dog would. That tail still wagging rather excitedly. Ears twitching, and when Hikari suggest they clean up a little, he gave her a look that seemed to say 'not yet'. No he didn't want to clean anything. Not right now at least. Though it wasn't long and Mahira was walking out of the Inn. He gave a happy bark at the sight of her, and watched as she moved to a tree.

He glanced over his shoulder at Hikari and then raced off towards Mahira when she waved at them. Ikori came to stop right next to her, sitting on his haunches as his form began to shimmer and change. "You came back." He breathed the words in a very quiet whisper, he hadn't fully expected her to abandon him but part of him wouldn't have been surprised at all if she had left. "I couldn't track your scent, so I wasn't sure..."

It made sense to him, that uncertainty that she might have stayed gone. He had been abandoned before, masters hid their scent and left him. He cleared his throat slightly, his voice no more a soft whisper, but that hint of uncertainty remained, and though Ikori was happy that deep sorrow remained in his eyes. "All those names, they sound like nice ones...can't we just name it all of them?" He ducked his head slightly, that was probably a stupid question.

The more he thought about it, the stupider his question seemed, and he looked away, eyes on his lap and that head ducked slightly. Still they were all good names, in his opinion, but was a heart truly free? His wasn't, it was still shackled tightly with fear, uncertainty, loneliness, and above all a sorrow so deep that others might have even cut their own heart out to escape it.

His voice was quiet again, and so very uncertain, though he was certain in his words, just not sure if Mahira or even Hikari would agree with him. "No..Those are good names, but whose heart are they referring to? Mine, yours, Hikari's, random guests? Are people's hearts ever really free of anything? I..I like those names...but the more I think, the less fitting they seem....Please don't be angry!" Those last four words were spoken in a rush, desperate, pleading eyes looked up to Mahira, pleading for her not to get angry at his refusal of such kindness that had been offered in the changing of the Inn's name.

Then that gaze dropped again, but he continued on. Certain in his words, but still sounding uncertain. "I think...Strong Heart Inn. Because even if a heart can't beat freely, it can grow in strength. It can beat fiercely strong." He half lifted that gaze to watch Mahira, body slightly tense, those eyes shifting to see what she had been carving. His heart stopped, it felt heavy, weighed down with fear.

Had he ruined it with his stupid suggestion? The image she was carving, it would still work with a name like that wouldn't it? Suddenly Ikori wanted to run away, he was messing things up, wasn't he? His hands clenched into tight fists as they rested in the grass and he fought the urge to run. Besides, she could just tell him 'no' and go with one of the other suggested names. It wasn't even his Inn, it was hers.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 07-16-2013, 09:49 PM

((Krrrry decided on a nammmmme xD. After I threw half a dozen on him >.> Soaring Heart Inn)

"Yes, I said I would didn't I? But yes, my scent went away because I did. It's the quickest way for me to move place to place. Besides I don't like walking much and we should get this done soon." She responded to the pup, surprised by his worry she would leave. Why would she? Oh well, it was just the way he was it seemed. Another wounded heart such as stirred at her protective nature. She half smiled a little and reached over to pat him on the shoulder absently, as if to reassure him. She would just have to be more careful it seemed.... Perhaps she should have called it that. The wounded heart or broken heart inn. Still, she was not one for such sour names as that.

As he spoke about the names she couldn't help but giggle a little at him, it was a silly request but cute. She might have commented they wouldn't quite fit on the sign but he was already speaking before she could. He was so self conscious. Then again so was the fiery one who hadn't quite joined them yet wasn't she? It seemed she had the most force of personality here... She was laid back enough that it was rather a surprise. Still, she did tend to throw her heart into whatever she did and always tried to do her best at it. Doing a job half way was no fun...

"That is true, a heart can always grow weaker or stronger. Still, you worry me about yours when you get all shy like that. This is your Inn too as the closest thing that man had to family. So come here and calm down" She responded with a smile and wrapped her arm around the pup. She pulled the male close with one arm and ruffled his hair teasingly with the other. She thought a moment about the names and what they suggested to her, what would be best for this dusty in soon to be fixed up in butterflies, strong woods, and flowers. An Inn who if he'd been strong enough she would have just left in his care? She wasn't sure strong suited them. This place seemed to be attracting wounded hearts but they could always get stronger, fly higher....

"Soaring Hearts.... How about The Soaring Heart Inn, because we can always be stronger or fly higher? Yes I think that'll work." She said finally with a nod. She then released the pup with a gentle squeeze and went to carve in then paint the name. Soon the sign was finished and she went to the front door. Soon the hammer and nails were removed from her bag to strengthen various bits of the porch before she hung the bright and pretty sign. She smiled to herself and nodded, already debating which rooms to do what. She'd probably do the entry hall first..

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 07-16-2013, 10:17 PM

"No, it's completely your Inn. He was just a master, you don't give ownership of property to pets.." The words were spoken softly, and for half a heart beat he almost pulled away from her. Instead though he leaned into the hug, arms moving to hesitantly wrap around her. Returning the hug. It was nice, being hugged. It felt good. So good, those eyes had slipped closed and he nuzzled her slightly, enjoying the feel of her body holding his. It had felt just as good earlier when Hikari had hugged him, but Mahira was his new master, and this hug absolutely made his heart soar.

He nearly missed her words, so involved in the hug as he was. Then she was releasing him and he was watching her with uncertain eyes as the words she had spoken finally penetrated that brain of his. Ikori nodded. "That probably is a better choice...I like it. Soaring Heart." He raised a hand and let it rest over his heart for a moment, just feeling it beat as Mahira finished carving the sign. He stood when she moved to the front door, following behind her by a few feet to watch as the sign was hung.

A slight smile on Ikori's lips as he admired the pretty new sign. It was like magic, it made the whole Inn feel different in his opinion. It was amazing what something as simple as a new name could do. The atmosphere, to him, finally no longer felt oppressive.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 07-17-2013, 03:30 AM

Hikari stood up and carefully approached the duo. They seemed to be involved in a private discussion, and she didn't want to intrude, so she stayed a few feet away. Upon the mention of the Inn's name, Hikari moved a little closer. The Soaring Heart Inn had been decided on. Hikari liked that name. Just hearing it made her own heart flutter. The sign was painted and put up, and Hikari thought it made the place look so much better already. She came to stand beside Ikori, now in human form, as they looked at the Inn. "I-it's pretty. That is, the name is p-pretty, and the s-sign looks nice, too..." She said in her quiet, shy way.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 07-17-2013, 03:44 AM

"I'm glad you like it you two! Okay, time to get to work. First we should do the outside. Blue with white trim. We may as well start with the outside and work our way in." She teased lightly as she briefly put her arms around the other two. She gave each a hug and smiled briefly. She then gave them both a gentle squeeze and went outside. She brought out the paint and the brushes.

She would channel an air dragon then to control the weather as well as give herself the ability to move to the mid range. Ikori could do the portion below her she figured. The woman would protect the sign with the air magic if anyone spilled a drop but mainly she focused on painting. This would be the simplest job, a simple straightforward coat of paint. She would hum as she painted, genuinely enjoying herself. She probably intended to work until night time by the look of her.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 07-17-2013, 06:39 AM

Hikari stiffened noticeably as the woman hugged her. She squeezed her eyes shut, seemingly terrified, until Mahira released them. At that point, Hikari backed away and hugged herself tightly, as if she was trying to stop her body from falling apart. Shaking, she got a hold of herself and moved forward hesitantly to take a paintbrush. She would use her wings to paint the top section of the house, she decided.

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 07-18-2013, 03:37 AM

Ikori enjoyed the hug when Mahira threw her arms around him and Hikari, but when Mahira moved away, Hikari seemed rather shaken by it. He watched her, peering at her curiously and with concern. She seemed to be alright after a minute or so and he smiled sweetly at her before moving to grab a paintbrush. He stared at it uncertainly. What if he did a terrible job of painting? He didn't want to disappoint Mahira or make her angry or anything by being bad at painting.

He chewed his bottom lip for a few moments, then inhaled deeply. It was just paint, if he messed up somehow they could probably fix it easily. Besides, it would be hard to mess up painting right? Maybe. Deciding that things would be alright, and he would take it as it went if anything did happen, Ikori moved to begin painting. His brushstrokes was slow and uncertain and occasionally he glanced at Mahira or Hikari to see how they were doing it, to try and emulate their style or technique. It wasn't serious, just painting a building, but he wanted to do a good job, he wanted both Mahira and his new friend Hikari to be proud of him.

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 07-24-2013, 05:19 PM

Mahira noticed the pull back of the phoenix but said nothing, she simply continued to paint. Once they were done she'd correct any minor mistakes to make sure it was perfect before she used heating the air to dry it. She would smile when she was done and nod slightly as she stood back to admire their work. Perfect, everything was perfect on the outside now. Still the inside had a lot of work and she had some carving to do... hmmm....

"Well guys we're done so we should get some lunch. Then we can remove the chains and do some basic tidying up. can either of you carve? I can draw out a pattern and we can work together on that." She said cheerfully as she looked at the tow. She was already imagining it... it would likely take a few days to get all the panels measured and carved... then there'd be the painting and decorating....

((do we want to just fast forward to when the refurbishing and redecorating and everythings done? lol))

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 07-28-2013, 05:11 PM

Ikori stared at the building. It looked so pretty all painted up like that, and the best part about it was that no one had yelled at him for doing a bad job. His whole body seemed to wriggle slightly, as if his tail was wagging, and it would have been had he been in his true form. He stepped closer to Mahira, looking at her for a few moments, then at the building they had painted. When she mentioned lunch, his stomach growled lightly in response, which made Ikori duck his head slightly in response to that. Body slightly tense. "I could cook you something." He offered gently, "And Hikari too." Ikori glanced at Hikari. Perhaps they would like his cooking? He toed the ground a bit. "I don't know how to carve." Again he ducked his head slightly, would she get mad at him for that? He couldn't help anymore with the refurbishing if he couldn't carve, could he? Ikori looked at Mahira almost shyly now.

][I dunno. A time skip might be a good idea, not sure how it'll affect our character interactions though. lol.][

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 07-29-2013, 03:37 AM

Hikari landed gently when they were done, her brightly colored wings receding back into her back as lunch was mentioned. "Lunch sounds very good. U-um, I c-can carve, a little..." She offered shyly. "I c-could help cook too, since I'm going t-to be the c-cook anyway.."

(A timeskip would work...but like Kry said, how will that effect our characters...? Perhaps a timeskip, but we say that it only took a couple days since they all had powers to help them along...?))

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 07-29-2013, 04:31 PM

((well if we make it just be a couple days time skip where they completed it all with the help of magic and the like we can say they were working too hard to really interact much so they'll be more use to eachother but they won't really have talked about anything/know anything more about eachother, how about that?))

"Sounds good, while you two cook I'll measure everything and draw a couple carving patterns." She said cheerfully in return, happy to see everything was going welll. She would head inside then and finish quickly, soon having basic sketches of each room with measurements. She would then return to the main room and begin the carving for the first wall as well as sketching out the paint pattern for the top wall. It was elegant and intricate but with a whimsical feeling from the butterflies on the top and ivy at the bottom that made it feel warm, friendly somehow. She would work until they called her to come get food.... a pattern that would likely keep going until they were done save for the occasional break for sleep.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 07-30-2013, 03:20 AM

((Sounds good to Wolfie!!))

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 07-30-2013, 04:09 AM

Ikori seemed to droop. That was right, Hikari would be cooking now. It was her job now. He frowned for a few moments, and then grabbed her hand. Suddenly brightening up. He was sure she would let him help her. He tugged her off to the kitchen. That's how it would be, he would help work on the Inn when there were things to be done that he could do, and help make lunch while Mahira continued working.

A routine seemed to have emerged during the days they worked and refurbished the Inn.

Now all the work was done, and Ikori stretched lazily. He had taken to sleeping on the rug in his dog form in Mahira's room. It was much better than sleeping in the basement, and she had made it clear that she didn't expect anything of him other than sleeping. The sun was up, birds singing outside, and he relaxed in his true form on that rug. Content in the knowledge that perhaps they could take things easy today since all the work seemed to have been finished last night. His eyes were open but he wasn't quite ready to get up yet.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 07-30-2013, 04:46 AM

Over the past few days, Hikari had taken refuge in hard physical labor. She was happy for the first time in a long time. Working herself tot he limit meant she didn't have to think, didn't have to remember. And during their few breaks, she had Ikori and Mahira to keep her busy. Now, as the sun rose on their first day of rest, the young phoenix stretched and basked in the early morning light. Hikari had always loved dawn, and dusk- the times when the sun blazed fiery red on the horizon. Getting out of bed, she decided she would go downstairs and start on breakfast for everyone. She was still extremely shy around the others, but she wanted to be nice, so she started down the hallway, but saw that Mahira's door was open. She saw Ikori on the rug and smiled. "G-good m-morning, Ikori. Do you l-like bacon and eggs?" She asked quietly.

Last edited by ~Wild Spirit Wolf~; 08-07-2013 at 02:48 AM..

Staria
\(@O@)ʌ...

Penpal

Old 08-06-2013, 05:48 PM

((You should probably edit out the part about downstairs Gem, Mahira's room is upstairs. and that's where they both are, just so everything makes sense)

Mahira awoke with a yawn, what looked like an ice serpent wrapped around her body as it had been all night. As she began to sit up the serpent disappeared in mist, as the guardian spirit returned to it's floating orb form though of course most could not see it. She could sense something coming and soon saw the phoenix woman entering as she woke up slowly. She smiled faintly and raised a hand in a light wave before she sat up in bed to mumble a hello. Breakfast.. oh yeah. She debated a moment, it seemed like a good idea for breakfast and she had picked up the proper supplies for it...

"Sounds good to me..." She murmured to the cook as she rolled over to look at the two. She stayed quiet a moment as she gazed at the two, a smile briefly crossing her lips. She had learned a bit more about the dead man these past couple days though they'd been working too hard to really talk. Still, when he had first offered to be a ....bed warmer as he had for his master she had explained that certain activities were for two people who loved each other no matter how attractive he was. She was no longer regretting the man's death quite the same way as before...

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 08-07-2013, 07:00 AM

Ikori's ears twitched as he heard footsteps in the hall, he lifted that head somewhat to look at Hikari when she appeared in the doorway. He couldn't exactly answer her, being in his dog form, but he gave her a happy sounding bark. His tail had started to wag behind him, but even if she didn't cook him any food, that would be alright with him.

When Mahira spoke up, responding to Hikari's question, he lifted his head a bit more and turned it to look at her. Watching her for a few moments. She really was a nice person, letting him sleep in her room without expecting anything from him. Not making him sleep in the cold, damp basement. He sat up, once he was comfortable his body began to change. Taking on his human form.

Ikori yawned once, and reached up to scratch the back of his head. As usual, he was clad in only those pants, no shirt or anything else. Those eyes on Hikari. "Just bacon, please." The words were spoken softly, Ikori ate mostly meat, though he could and would eat anything. But given a choice, he would always choose meat. Meat always tasted better to him than most other foods. Especially chicken.

He ran a hand through his hair, and laid back, stretching out across that rug with his hands under his head and his eyes on the ceiling. Ikori was feeling particularly lazy today. He also couldn't help but think about his former master, now that he didn't have to focus on working on the inn. A part of him missed the grumpy old man, but that was the part of himself that he didn't like much. That part of him that always missed his cruel masters, a strange longing in his heart.

Perhaps he had been treated so cruelly so often that when it wasn't happening he had grown used to it, almost addicted? Part of him was nearly longing for a cruel word or a hard slap. Some type of pain. Those sad eyes of his only seemed to grow a bit sadder at that thought. He hadn't used to be like that, it made his heart clench in pain, and that seemed to only somewhat increase that longing for cruelty. He bit his bottom lip and closed his eyes tightly.

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 08-07-2013, 11:12 PM

Arius heeled the bay horse forward after shooting an impatient glance his sister's way. His leather armor creaked as he turned around to face forward once more, his grey eyes searching the landscape for somewhere they could stay, a safe haven of sorts. This need to run was his alone, why ever had he let her follow him? Arius grumbled to himself beneath his breath.

Kalliope was as stubborn as they came, and she never let her brother forget it. "Remember, you promised to keep your mouth shut if we stayed at an inn tonight. If you dare tell them anything about us ..."

"Oh you worry too much, Arius! It would be suspicious if we said nothing at all, and suspicious if we talked too much. Finding the balance of it is the key." The petite brunette winked at her dark haired sibling with a bright smile. She urged her pale mount to greater speed and passed her brother.

The sinewy dirt road remained empty, and she wanted to have some fun! A quick little race would do nicely for that. Kalli could hear her brother cursing at her for being so reckless, but really ... What fun was there in always being as cautious and uptight as he was? None at all to her mind, though she knew better then anyone he had his reasons.

Something caught her eye a sign swinging in the wind. "Look there, an inn!" cried the young woman as she maneuvered her horse around and guided the mare towards the building.

After much to do the siblings tied their mounts to a conveniently placed post and walked into the Inn. Arius's hand wrapped firmly around his sister's arm, to prevent her from wandering away, where he couldn't watch over her.

Her bright blue eyes flitted about the building, taking in the fresh paint and empty interior. There was no one there, then again it was rather early ...

A loud thump, her brother hitting the bar with his fist, made her turn to him and jab him roughly in the ribs. "Be polite, and try to be nice," hissed the young woman under her breath. Arius's only answer was to glare at her after releasing her arm to rub his aching side.

~Wild Spirit Wolf~
H0i!!

Old 08-08-2013, 03:20 AM

Hikari smiled shyly when both Ikori and Mahira said they would like breakfast. She made a mental note to make extra bacon for Ikori, since that's all he wanted. "Okay then, I'll go get started-" She stopped abruptly when a thump resounded from downstairs. It sounded like someone banging on the bar. "M-mahira, I think s-someone is here..." She said nervously, naturally looking to the other woman for advice. Mahira was the owner, after all, so shouldn't she be the one to deal with new guests?

Kry
Hero Complex

Old 08-08-2013, 03:42 AM

Ikori had heard the thump as well and it made him sit back up. Slight sigh passing his lips, he had so wanted to be lazy today. The shirtless young man stood and ran a hand through his hair, before glancing at Hikari and then Mahira. "..I'll take care of it." Those ever sad eyes lingered and he hesitated a bit, before moving towards the door. The dog in human form slipped passed Hikari, offering her the slightest of smiles as he went, then he was off down the stairs and making his way into the main room of the Inn.

Ikori yawned as he entered the main room. "It isn't very nice to hit other people's property." He spoke the words softly as he slipped around behind the bar. "Welcome to the Soaring Heart." He said the words happily enough, though there was no smile in his eyes, and only a small one on his lips. He watched the two, something seemed a little off about the male, but Ikori couldn't quite put his finger on it and it was none of his business anyway. "How may I serve you on this fine morning?"

Last edited by Kry; 08-08-2013 at 03:51 PM..

PapillonCameo
(^・o・^)ノ”

Old 08-08-2013, 04:08 AM

"You could start by putting a shirt on," growled Arius.

Kalli promptly elbowed her brother in the ribs again and sent a radiant smile Ikori's way. "Don't mind him, he's always grumpy and over protective of his sister, me." She glanced about at the inn, before turning her blue eyed gaze on Ikori once more.

"We'd love a pair of rooms, preferably side by side, or across the hall from each other. We aren't sure how long we'll be staying." The young woman added the last bit despite the angry glare Arius sent her way. She really wanted to sleep in an inn for a while, instead of the cold hard ground or in scratchy haystacks. She'd been used to a life of luxury and privilege, peppered with weapons practice and hunting, before running away with her brother to keep him from their family's influence.

Oh she was definitely bossy. Arius could feel an alien something roiling beneath his exasperated thoughts, and quickly forced himself to let go of all emotion. A coldness seeped into his pale grey eyes as he motioned for his sister to go upstairs once she'd been given the keys so she could inspect the rooms. He leaned forward, arms resting against the counter."You can serve me by making sure nothing harms my sister, and that includes me. I can be prone to bouts of unexpected violence, I'd be in your debt if you got her out of the way if this happens." He was saying more then he cared for as he slipped an overabundance of coins across the counter, to pay for their rooms and to bribe the shirtless man, who seemed trustworthy enough...

His sister could defend herself against normal ruffians anyway, she'd be fine.