Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 08-14-2013, 02:49 PM

The beating of the rain against the tarp proved the storm was being persistent. She was unsure of how much longer her shelter would last in the fierce weather and she had begun to feel thirstier and hungry. Vivian had been sitting inside her makeshift shelter, calculating the time from when the ship departed to when the ship crashed. At any rate, the ship would have traveled a couple of hundred miles since. She had nearly lost count of how many days she had to sleep in that little bunk on the ship, but that all seemed to be light years away now. She was convinced she had been the only survivor until now.

"Well, based on my calculations... If the ship had been heading in the right direction, we should have been hitting the port in Africa by now." Vivian tilted her head sideways and sighed, "But there is no way we were on the right track.. I don't understand this at all. Why were we not heading in the right direction? Shouldn't a Captain know how to not get lost.. Unless the storm completely blew us off course. I don't remember how long we were caught in those monstrous waves and wind." She paused and chuckled, "I'm rambling on.. Anyway, to answer your question, no. I have no clue where we are. And as for this storm... it would be hard to guess how long it will last being in an unfamiliar territory."

She was sitting on some of the dry cushions she had pulled from the wreckage, luggage piled against the leaves to help hold them in place. "If you'd like to change into something dry, there might be something in the bags for you to wear.. I mean.. those wet clothes must be uncomfortable. But, I wouldn't blame you if you don't.. Must be weird for a stranger to give you such advice.." Vivian chuckled awkwardly, "I'm sorry.. When I'm nervous or hungry I tend to talk too much." After inhaling deeply she added, "I'm Vivian, by the way. You can call me Vivi."

happydeath
(>O3O)>
Send a message via AIM to happydeath Send a message via MSN to happydeath Send a message via Yahoo to happydeath

Old 08-16-2013, 08:45 PM

The continuous sounds of the banging rain and thundering that went on overhead had soon became much more noticeable as to what it was earlier as a distant storm approaching. Planting himself right onto the soft and drenching wet sandy floor, the remaining droplets of rain that had covered his body and clothing had dripped onto the floor around him while he remained silent and waiting for an answer to his question to the female who sat there with him. From what the female had stated, the ship that the two of them had traveled on should've already hit the port of Africa by now. So, that was where he was heading this entire time. Katsu had indeed known that he was traveling a land far away from where he had started his cooking career at but he hadn't thought the next place he was traveling to learn more was going to be some kind of place like Africa.

Truthfully, the blue-haired male hadn't known much about the actual place the only real bits that he had read was that the place was going to be hot and many places were quite dry; at least it depended on where you went that was. However, as the female stated, it didn't really seem as though they were where they were supposed to had landed this entire time. Although as she finally stated in the end of her continuous talking only to inform him that she had no idea where they really were in the end, a low sigh had escaped from his lips as he turned his gaze toward the large banana leaf that was used almost like a door to the small structure. "Hopefully..someone will come looking for us." His voice tone lowered down to a near whisper that was slightly difficult to listen to due to all the rain banging against the tarp over both their heads.

Right as the female had suggested about the dry clothing that could be inside one of the bags since Katsu's clothing was all wet and could be uncomfortable. He only turned his gaze slightly over his shoulder toward her, still only revealing the blue normal eye towards her. He had grasped upon his hoodie and clenched it close to his own body, he wasn't prepared to just take off the hood he wore and possibility reveal the strange red eye that he had that he barely knew how to explain to himself just yet. True, he could just keep his eye closed but the thought of accidentally opening it up came into his mind and worried him. The reason to why she seemed to had been talking so much was stated to either be because of her nervousness or hunger causing the continuous chatter. "If you're truly hungry..you might want to get some rest. If we're going to be here awhile..I should be able to make something out of what we have on this island. If its because your nervous..calm down. Take deep breathes..I'm sure the staff will realize that the ship isn't arriving way too late and will send out some kind of search party." He spoke to try and get the female's spirits up in anyway, even though he didn't know the woman, the thought of surviving on an island like this and having one of the two survivors panicking didn't seem like the best ideas. As she introduced herself to be called Vivian or Vivi as her nickname, he gave a light nod. "My name's Katsu. Pleasure to meet you.." After introducing himself to Vivi, he once more let out another sigh before curling up his knees a bit toward his own body. "So..what were to planning on going to Africa for?" He randomly spoke out, even though the blue-haired male was still unfamiliar about his own life and the world around him, he knew enough that sitting quietly to listen to a storm while waiting for it to pass was probably one of the most boring things to ever do.

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 08-21-2013, 02:40 PM

Leaning back, her palms supporting her weight, Vivi gazed out a small hole in between the large leaves. The ocean was in great turmoil as is rolled and crashed to shore. Giant waves reached out, hungry to consume more land only to fall short and crash to beach. The palm trees were fighting the wind, bending and being threatened to snap at any time. Limbs and branches were already scattering the sandy beach, which could be helpful later on after the storm died down. If the limbs and branches dried they could be useful for fire or building a better sort of shelter. Either way, the ones scattered on the beach were easily accessible.

The presence of the jungle wasn't easily forgotten as she quietly set in the shelter with the stranger, well now acquaintance. Long vines and roots rutted the outside of the jungle floor. Twisting and turning like a treacherous snake awaiting for a victim to trip and fall only to be swallowed up by the dense leaf litter and mud. Trekking through the jungle would be a difficult task, but Vivian knew it would become necessary. They would need for food and water if the rain stopped for days, and perhaps a better place to hide from stormy weather. She wasn't too scared of the jungle though. She had been trained to track, hunt, and observe. Vivian could easily remember specific locations, trees, and paths. As long as Katsu would remain close by, he wouldn't become lost.

"If we are ever found..." Vivian quietly replied keeping her gaze on the ocean. She sighed and glanced over at Katsu finally, "Well, it's nice to meet you. At least we aren't alone here." A half smile formed, but quickly disappeared as she shrugged her shoulders and said, "The jungle will provide us with many things, and food will most definitely be one of them. I'm just trying to wait out this storm. Hopefully it will be over before nightfall, there is much to be done."

That statement was very true. If the rain would stop before nightfall, they would be able to explore some parts of the jungle within close proximity of the beach. It would give Vivian a better idea of what sort of creatures may be out there and what sort of edible fruits or vegetables the jungle may produce.

"I'm what you would call an Anthropologist/Scientist. I was heading to Africa to explore a newly discovered ancient city." A sigh of longing escaped her lips, "It would have been a career changing experience, but it was more than that to me really. I guess I may never actually know what secrets were held there. I mean, with my absence I will no longer be the first to explore that region." At first many of her colleagues, bosses, and professors could not believe that such a young woman was capable of such adventures. But Vivian had proven herself to them over and over again. They all become set on the fact that she would become the youngest famous explorer in history, but that wasn't important to Vivian. "What about you?"

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 09-23-2013, 04:52 PM

((This RP can still be alive!))

happydeath
(>O3O)>
Send a message via AIM to happydeath Send a message via MSN to happydeath Send a message via Yahoo to happydeath

Old 09-28-2013, 04:20 PM

(._. wait what? I thought i posted here! D:< Damn laptop! Stupid!! ~tosses old laptop around room with rage~

I'll post when i come home from work. x.x sawwi)

Rachaelxxoo

Old 09-28-2013, 10:10 PM

She woke up dazed and confused. Reina remained laying in the hot sand, her lips chapped with dehydration. She pried her eyelids open only to be blinding by the blazing sunlight. "Agh! Where did my sunglasses go...", she whined. Surprised and frightened, she sprung up onto her feet, frantically looking around the beach for any familiar faces. "Joe? Steve? Hello?!" No one replied. Her bodyguards and manager were nowhere to be seen. She paced along the shoreline for about an hour, until she had decided to go looking for others, other survivors.

She headed into the jungle, and in case of possible confrontation, she grabbed a long sturdy stick and quickly made a sharp end with a rock she had found. Until then, she had not realized how thirsty she had become. Who knows how long she had just been baking on the beach. She touches the skin on her arm. Ouch. "So much for trying to stay out of the sun for my photo shoot..." she sighed. After about 45 minutes from the edge of the jungle, she spots a small muddy puddle. Desperate, she gets on her hands and knees and cups the water in her hands and drinks.

Reina keeps walking and walking. She comes across what seems to be some sort of structure. Made of leaves perhaps? She keeps her distance, but she can hear voices coming from within the little leafy structure.. Unsure, she finds a small pebble next to her, and throws it at the back of the little shelter.

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 09-30-2013, 04:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by happydeath View Post
(._. wait what? I thought i posted here! D:< Damn laptop! Stupid!! ~tosses old laptop around room with rage~

I'll post when i come home from work. x.x sawwi)
I was wondering where you went. ;___;