Hana_Ryuzkai
The girl next door
Send a message via Yahoo to Hana_Ryuzkai

Old 10-31-2012, 07:09 PM

Story

This is a story of hate, a story of pain, one of love, renewal, and most of all a story of death. Yes,death, death where i live, and death is what she sees. Their are those with the ability to see the dead, and even more those who draw attention to the dead, and this is her curse, while it is my salvation. Since my life ended I found myself angry, wandering, alone. I drifted from place to place and even into the minds of those who had crossed me in life. But then she came and began poking around, invading my secrets, and making an old sole wish to live again. It has been almost 20 years since my death, and she has made me want to live more fully than i have ever lived before.

Main Characters

Jane Gardner

Sweet, kind, shy around new people, somewhat what skid-dish, always fallows her gut, is hard to scare, quick witted, tough, and doesn't take crap from anyone.

Since birth Jane has always been able to since the afterlife. Her grandmother once said that the ability runs in the family and that only 3 women before have had this ability, though their lives were cut short. But luckily Jane has been able to fight off those otherworldly being that insist on either hurting her, taking her over or kindly asking to send a message. As a result of there supernatural attacks Jane and her mother were forced to leave many of their homes but this last home Jane is determined to keep, not for her sake but for her poor mother. As Jane has been tormented so has her mother and as a result they have exhosted almost all of their funds finding a ghost free home.

Travice Miller

Cocky, headstrong, overly confident, hair pin temper, and grouchy. Aside from this he has undertones of kindness, caring, likes kids, and somewhat romantic.

In life he was a social outcast, no one liked him because of his attitude, and he didn't like them because of theirs. He only managed one friend in life and they were almost inseparable. Though once dead Travice was alone and his best friend found himself going insane with grief and guilt.
Within death Travice found himself becoming increasingly angry as those he hated continued to live and the memories of his life faded with his anger. He soon is finding himself on the edge of becoming a mallishous spirit, that is if Jane cannot help him and save him from "the dark side" of being a ghost.

Nate Anderson

Full of himself, cocky, head strong, yet very polite, considerate of others, some what rebellious, and over confident in everything.

Nate is your typical football star, and he lives up to it. Though his home life is a bit different, both his parents have hidden a dark secret but cover it by spending all of their time and energy making him the best all star foot ball player he can be while also trying to be a typical house wife and father. The image they try to put on makes him sick and he attempts to break free of it as much as possible. But that doesn't mean sacrificing his football dreams.

Dominic

The mentor

Nothing is know about Dominic, he does not speak much of himself and doesn't answer questions about himself. Instead he makes sure that anything and everything Travice needs to know about the ghostly world is know to the boy. He sees himself a s a mentor and guide to those who need it.

Chikyu
Celestial Potato

Old 11-01-2012, 07:59 PM

Clementine Wisp

The neighbor

Clementine is as outgoing and strange as they come. She loves anything out of the ordinary and is very superstitious. Her parents are successful business owners for a clothing line yet she prefers to wear her own style of clothing. She attends the same school as the others and becomes close friends with Jane. Being neighbors, she comes over a lot. Her dream is to meet and see a ghost.

Frill

Clementine's dog

If you think Clementine is strange, then think again. Frills is as odd as her name. She's albino, superstitious, and barks at nothing...well that's what people think. However, the truth is she can see ghosts and actually loves them. She always wants to play with them and finds them interesting. Clementine knows Frill can see spirits and envies her a little. But they're both "sisters" to each other. Frill is her dog.

Hana_Ryuzkai
The girl next door

Old 11-01-2012, 09:43 PM

"Well Janey baby, we made it" an older woman said as both she and a younger version stepped from a red car. The woman rounded the front of the car and with a small satisfied sigh she placed both her hands on her hips. "The movers got all of our stuff here and in ok, now we just have to put it where it belongs" she said as the last of the movers left the house. Jane heaved a small sigh at her mother's excitement as well as the work ahead of them.
"Well my dear, ready to work!" Her mother asked with a wide smile and a pep in her step.
"I suppose," Jane replied with a small smile. The two of them hurried inside to see that all of the heavy lifting had been done for them and all that was left was deciding where all of the labeled boxes belong.
"So, are we alone?" Her mother asked with a heavy sigh as well as an anxious expression. Jane knew better than to lie to her mother but she couldn't stand having to see her mother go through any more financial hardship. "Well any bad people here at least?"
"Nah, no ones here, just a cat or two." Jane said with a kind smile and small laugh. "Lets get this stuff moved." She added a wider smile appearing as she picked up a box labeled "kitchen".

"Gaaahhhhhhh, I swear the living are so stupid!" A agitated brown haired boy groaned. He kept himself well away from the movers that invaded his home and brought numerous boxes and girls things in. Another agitated groan game from him when he finally realized that the new people moving in were all going to be girls and he couldn't hardly stand girls, even ones that were dead he stayed away from. "Why do people have to come into my house, and think they can just take over?" He complained loudly as he moved from the attic window to sit in a chair that was moved their after his father left this home. Alot of things in the attic were his from life, as well as furniture his father couldn't stand to take with him. Forgotten items just like him a forgotten sole. "I didn't mind that family with the baby but apparently they didn't like me!" He said with a agitated sigh and rocked in the chair. "I just wish they would go away and let me be in my house"

Chikyu
Celestial Potato

Old 11-01-2012, 09:58 PM

Making themselves small and hidden, Clementine and Frill sat in the bushes as they watched their new neighbors walk into the house. They seemed like interesting people to her, and she felt her neck hairs prickle from a sudden chill when she stared at Jane. Frill's pelt also seemed on end as her placid eyes followed the two girls into the house. There was something special about Jane; she could tell.
"Something tells me these two will be fun!" Clem whispered excitedly. "That girl had an interesting aura. What do you think?"
Her dog stared at her with silent approval.
Clementine's crystal eyes widened with sudden enthusiasm, "I know! Let's go say hi to them. Maybe they'll be our friends!"
Frill barked happily in response to her owner's excitement and followed her into their new neighbor's front lawn.
The outgoing girl had been dying to have a neighbor her age to become friends with. However, the last ones had a baby too small to go exploring with her and Frill, so she spent her time hiking alone with Frill. She loved her canine companion, but she really wanted to have someone actually talk to her and not bark or growl.
She skipped up to the door with Frill bounding alongside her. Her finger hovered over the doorbell, but she hesitated. Maybe the neighbors weren't as nice as she imagined. Maybe they were dull or jerks, but she quickly shook the thought away.
She rang the door bell.

Hana_Ryuzkai
The girl next door

Old 11-01-2012, 11:51 PM

Jane and her mother were down and dirty with their work, so much so that Jane hardly noticed the sound of a door bell. Though she had a heightened sixth sense that didn't mean she could predict company, well not every time.
"We have company already?" Jane's mother asked as she stood up from a large box of cloths.
"I guess?" Jane muttered as she poked her head around the corner.
" Well we better go see." Her mother said as she stood up and went to the front door, Jane trailing behind. She didn't quite like meeting new people, because in the end everyone was the same when they found out about what she could see. "Why hello!" Jane's mother said rather excited after opening the door to a brown haired girl and her dog. "Oh what a cute puppy" she added not able to contain her excitement as she bent over to pet the dog.
"Sorry about her." Jan said as she was too curious for her own good.
"Janey, that's not nice!" Her mother snapped before going back to petting the white dog.

Chikyu
Celestial Potato

Old 11-02-2012, 12:12 AM

Clementine was a little surprised by the lady's enthusiasm but found herself smiling. Frill seemed to like the lady and wagged her tail happily as she carassed her.
"Haha, well hello to you two as well!" She chirped, " This is Frill and I'm Clementine. We're your new neighbors!"
She pointed to her beautiful house that was framed with flourishing vegetation which reflected the sunlight on it's brown walls.
"Do you need any help?" She offered, secretly hoping it would be accepted.
Frill barked.

Hana_Ryuzkai
The girl next door

Old 11-02-2012, 02:05 AM

Jane gave a half smile to the girls perkieness, she was warry of people like this because they often ended up being the worst people to know. But she was willing to try and work out this girls personality without risking being hurt in the process. Jane's mother continued to doubted on the dog as the girl introduced herself then asked if she could help.
"Oh no were fine." Jane said quickly as she crossed her arms over her chest and gave a small smile.
"Jane don't be rude!" Her mother stated as she stood up and smiled at Clementine." We would love some help, your parents wont mind will they?" She asked causing Jane heave a sigh of defeat. She knew better than to argue with her mom about social things. "Please come in, we just got the kitchen done and Jane started dinner." Jane's mother said stepping aside so that Clementine could come in.
"Bring your dog, we don't mind." Jane said with a small smile towards Frill. Jane liked animals they were good for company and keeping away any of the spirits that are potentially dangerous. "I hope you like macaroni and hot dogs." Jane asked before rounding the corner. Jane's mother smiled and led the way into the home.

Chikyu
Celestial Potato

Old 11-02-2012, 06:13 PM

Clementine laughed at their bickering, but could sense the discomfort in Jane as she struggled to look polite, and she made a mental note. Her mother seemed to love Frill and even offered Clem to bring her in.
"Thank you! Her name is Frill by the way. I'm Clementine, but Clem is fine" she introduced before winking at Jane, "Oh, and macaroni is my favorite! Especially with Cheezits and bacon in it!"

Hana_Ryuzkai
The girl next door

Old 11-02-2012, 11:07 PM

Jane couldn't help herself, she just had to giggle a little at how "Clem" described how she added things to her macaroni. They were a strange combination of things but sadly they were all things Jane and her mother had either left behind or just never kept.
"Well sorry we actually grabbed a few things on the way here but sadly none of those extra items" Jane said before diving into a box with the labeling 'living room' it was all of the little charms and nick nacks that she and her mother had gather over the years. Jane's mother stacked a box labeled 'protection' on top of another box and began pulling things from it.
"Mom don't forget o smug the house tomorrow" Jane stated almost instinctavly as her mother started hanging witch like items on different parts of the living room.
"Don't worry, i have my day all planned out while you'll be running town" her mother said with a smile. Jane only scuffed a little before hurrying to the kitchen to check dinner but also to avoid any questions from Clementine. "So, do you go to the local high school Clementine?" Jane's mother asked as she climbed down from the couch.

" i can here them moving in....... and i have this weird feeling" the boy in the attic complained as he rocked in his chair. "Stupid girls coming into my space!" He muttered before popping up from his chair. "What do i feel like i could get kicked out at any minute" he nearly screamed before storming down from the attic and to the upstairs hall way. " stop moving in" he finally screamed. To a normal person their was no sound but the feeling that you were unwanted but to Jane and most likely frill, every word was as clear as day and the sound and feeling were overpowering. "This is my home, go away you stupid, STUPID, WOMEN!!!!!

Jane gasped at the sudden shouting, she had even dropped the fork she used to sture the macaroni. "Please, please,please don't be like this" she whispered with closed eyes. "Please, please please" she said repeatedly in a hushed voice hoping that the boy who wished them gone would clam himself.

(Sorry for the delay, busy day when you don't get up till noon :P)0

Chikyu
Celestial Potato

Old 11-03-2012, 07:41 PM

Clem didn't like the threatening aura she had picked up when entering the kitchen. She could tell by Frill's tense state that a spirit of some sort was nearby and didn't seem friendly. If it was, Frill would've been barking happily and running around the house.

When Clem saw the witch like items they had, she immediately knew that spiritual contact was no surprise to them. She was tempted to bring up the subject, but thought better of it and instead answered the mother's question.

"Yup. I'm a Junior at Hallow High!" She sang before shoving a mouthful of macaroni in her mouth.

Frill was still tense, but her pale eyes were locked on Jane. She could sense the discomfit in her, and the anger from the spirit.

Suddenly, Frill's ears jerked at some noise and she began snarling at the ceiling. Jane dropped her fork, closed her eyes, and began whispering things. Clementine instantly knew what was happening and tried to silence the dog, but she was more focused on Jane.

"So you can hear them.." she mumbled into Frill's bristling fur.

The man watched the boy threaten the poor girl and felt a sly smile play across his rigid features. This angry soul needed help, and he seemed like he'd be a fun experiment. The boy needed to work on his senses, though, because the man had been sitting unnoticed on a pile of boxes above the boy for a long while. He waited for the boy to acknowledge him.

Hana_Ryuzkai
The girl next door

Old 11-05-2012, 03:28 PM

"Jane, is everything OK?" Jane's mother asked as she watched her daughter become nervous. She knew that the girl was speaking to to someone not on this plane and it couldn't be just a cat or some small animal spirit. " Jane what's wrong darling?" Her mother asked again this time bring Jane back to their world.
"What? Oh nothing," Jane stated with a smile to her mother. " so you go to the high school?" Jane asked Clem as she shoveled some food into her mouth."ill be starting next week." She added as a strong attempt to change the subject. Thankfully her mother didn't push and allowed her daughter to make friends with their new neighbor. "What are the teachers like?" She questioned again shoveling food in her mouth and seeming somewhat hurried with the conversation.

"Please, she's speaking to me and asking please!!" The boy was quit astonished, he hadn't ever come into contact with someone like this, no one except little kids had ever been able to see him and hear him. " humph, may be ill let it go for right now....." he paused for a moment and turned with a look of irritation on his face. "You know its one thing for the living to invade my house, but its an entirely different thing for people like me to invade my house." He snarled at the strange man who he had almost not noticed. "What are you doing in my house!!" The boy nearly shouted.

Chikyu
Celestial Potato

Old 11-05-2012, 09:19 PM

Clem was impressed with the way Jane managed to control herself and pretend as if nothing happened. She knew she wanted to drop it, so she hushed Frill and tried to answer her question as if the recent events hadn't happened.
"Next week? Awesome! I'll show you around, no one but me, okay?" She demanded. "The teachers are...well, they're kinda weird but nice. You'll see!"
Frill could sense the presence of another spirit, and quietly wandered off while the girls conversed. She could sense that the second spirit was more docile and she was anxious to meet it. She hoped it would play with her like other ghosts had done.

Dominic chuckled, "For someone who's dead, you sure are lively." He remarked before coolly asking, "What makes you so sure this is your house? These humans don't surely think so."

Hana_Ryuzkai
The girl next door

Old 11-05-2012, 09:58 PM

Jane nodded at Clems demand to be the one to show her around the school, she would take any help she could currently get. The people she deffinatly would avoid were the popular kids, she knew better than to make herself an out cast but she also knew better than to hang around the "in crowd". "How are the teachers weird?" Jane asked finding herself relaxing more and more around this strange girl and her dog. "I mean I've had some strange teachers but they were strange in that they taught students in a non conventional way." Jane added with a small smile as she slowed her eating pace. Jane's mother on the other hand finished eating quickly and slipped away to finish unpacking.

Travice huffed at the man, this was his home, he had spent a long time living in it and being dead in it. "It is my house because i lived, i died, and i remain in it!" Travice snarled at the man before pushing past him. "I've not bothered anyone who didn't belong."He added as he stomped into what use to be his room, but was now filled with boxes of girls items and the walls were a bubble gum pink lined with a wide chocolate brown stripe. "Nahhhh why did they leave, i liked having that kid in here." Travice whined while he snooped over the boxes. "This chick is weird, gahhhhh"

Chikyu
Celestial Potato

Old 11-06-2012, 09:04 PM

Clem giggled, "Well, they are very..colorful people," she explained slowly as she tried to find the right words to describe them, "The principle is a very nice and young woman, and she only hires people who have bright personalities. So practically all the teachers and admin are very outgoing and a few are superstitious...but nice."
Talking so much had made Clementine happy, happy to have someone she can talk to and have talk back. However, she was too preoccupied to notice Frill's absence.

Dominic remained silent, observing his pupil, before chuckling mildly, "My, what a lonely spirit you are. Perhaps a weird girl is just what you need."
Travice glared at him, "Why are you here?" he demanded.
He shrugged, "I don't know why I'm here, nor why you are here. But the birds sing songs of where we belong as the dreary night draws near."
"What?"
Dom licked his lips, "What's what?"
Travice sighed impatiently, "what you just said. The whole bird thing, what does it mean?"
The man stared blankly at him, "Oh, nothing. I just like to hear myself talk, Jimmy."
"Jimmy?"

Frill was on the top floor padding down the hall towards the sound of voices. She wagged her tail happily at her discovery of two spirits. However, the voices were coming from the attic, and she couldn't find the way up. Frustrated, she began to howl for help.