Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 09-26-2012, 11:55 PM

Oh wow, the 3rd CI is so cool! Pretty flamesss...

Velvet
☆♥☆♥

Penpal

Old 09-27-2012, 01:23 AM

The new item looks great.

Jeannesha
Lost in a cloud

Penpal

Old 09-27-2012, 03:21 AM

What's not to love about sparkles?

Trelweny
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Trelweny Send a message via Yahoo to Trelweny

Old 09-27-2012, 03:29 AM

Love the will-o'wisps of the Celestial Altar EI! Booayaka!

momochan
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Penpal
Send a message via Yahoo to momochan

Old 09-27-2012, 03:33 AM

The new item does look awesome! One of the poses really goes well with this avatar. *u*

But, I don't want to sound like a complainer or anything, but could you please up the amount of coins we get per post? There are so many things I (and other people) want, but it's really hard when you have to post a bunch of times just to get 1 event coin. i want us all to be able to get the stuff we want during the event and not have to worry too much, so I ask you guys to please consider uping the amount. it'd be much appreciated.

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 09-27-2012, 04:47 AM

i agree with Jeannie,
it's taking a really long time to collect event currency.
i'm not complaining, we appreciate all of the hard work y'all do.
there is no way i can collect enough event currency to gather all of the event common/rares.
this will be my first event i cannot do that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannesha View Post
Are you going to be changing the posting earnings?

Last event we got .5 currency for each post.
This year it's taking twice as long to get anything.

...and there are so MANY WONDERFUL event commons to get too!
I'll never make enough!

star2000shadow
☽⚝☾

Penpal
Send a message via AIM to star2000shadow Send a message via MSN to star2000shadow

Old 09-27-2012, 05:56 AM

I LOVE the new EI You guys did a AWESOME awe inspiring job with it it ROCKS..

Kiarash
Bird Brain

Old 09-27-2012, 05:59 AM

So... why is the reward for a post just .25?
If you ask me, that's very, very poorly thought out.
I mean I can understand that you need to be active, but this is just nuts.
I rarely am on Mene, but I can still do events. Now.. I have no chance really.

Kinda discourages me from wanting to even think about participating, if there's a chance all my joy and hard work trying to post like a maniac is for nothing at all.

And I am definitely complaining, in a passive-aggressive manner. :/

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 09-27-2012, 06:10 AM

I think the currency amount is fine...yeah, I'd like it if was higher, because who wouldn't? But .25 is fine with me. I can get enough by the end of the event to at least get at least a full set of all the EIs and then some commons.

Bound Birdie
Mistress of Mischief and Mayhem

Old 09-27-2012, 08:39 AM

I just thought it was a variable, but it does seem like it's .25 a post? I'll admit it does seem slower then other events but then again I started a day late this time so that could be it to.

Corlatta DeNaught
Bound Birdie's Mule

Old 09-27-2012, 12:43 PM

I do have one question are all the commons out? Or will the sleeves and gloves and such come out with all the colors of the jumpsuits? I'm loving just the solid lavender and the Phosphorus color combo but don't see it in anything but the jumpsuit itself

kimonoki
ʘ‿ʘ

Old 09-27-2012, 02:16 PM

Have to say I really like the third item....the first two are not bad but number three is my Favorite!

momochan
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Penpal

Old 09-27-2012, 02:52 PM

anta: "full set of EIs and some commons". Some people want to get a LOT of commons, and if they don't have the gold to get them, they have to rely on getting the event currencies. And getting enough coins is difficult. I understand having to work for your stuff, but it seems a little too difficult. Just bumping it up from .25 to .50 would make things easier and possible to get what you want. I'm not asking we get a million currencies per post, just to bump the amount we get a little bit.

LaVida
On Semi-Hiatus
Penpal

Old 09-27-2012, 03:25 PM

Liking the EIs more and more XD too bad I can't participate that much this year :(

llonka
Momma to the Crazies!

Penpal

Old 09-27-2012, 03:37 PM

i would like to get several commons too and i'm afraid i'm not going to be able to. i'm pretty active too. there are so many great commons this event!

Lumina
*^_^*

Old 09-27-2012, 03:48 PM

It's easy to get at least a full set of ei's... Participate in some threads and chat, have fun and don't worry about what you're getting. Get in a conversation and the next thing you know you'll have 40 tokens... It doesn't take long guys, just requires a bit of effort.

Antagonist
The Great Adversary

Penpal

Old 09-27-2012, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momochan View Post
anta: "full set of EIs and some commons". Some people want to get a LOT of commons, and if they don't have the gold to get them, they have to rely on getting the event currencies. And getting enough coins is difficult. I understand having to work for your stuff, but it seems a little too difficult. Just bumping it up from .25 to .50 would make things easier and possible to get what you want. I'm not asking we get a million currencies per post, just to bump the amount we get a little bit.
Yes, but it's not like you have to get ALL of them (or all of the ones you want, at any rate) in one event. It's not like they'll be gone forever. They'll still be in the shops, just not at %50 off.

Trelweny
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Trelweny Send a message via Yahoo to Trelweny

Old 09-27-2012, 04:36 PM

Isn't that the point of an event? Having to post more for the event currency? Honestly... doesn't seem like it's changed much since ht last event I did over two years ago. If you had an event at .50 event currency per post in the meantime you were lucky! That's raking it in! Was it a test? I'd imagine I'd have even more of a surplus of items from that than usual.

The only thing I have a problem is remembering it's the quantity rather than the length of posts that matters during an event. It's still possible though! Even sporadically! Just make sure if you're finding it harder to get event currency than Menewsha currency to save event currency for the EIs and use gold for the commons while their on sale.

Good luck everyone!

momochan
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Penpal

Old 09-27-2012, 07:23 PM

lumina, I wouldn't be in here and saying to up the rate we get stuff if I was getting that much when I've been posting a ton. I don't like complaining or sounding ungrateful. It takes way too many posts to get enough currencies in my opinion. And there are other people who have also been posting like there's no tomorrow, who agree with me that it should be a little higher. I'm not asking for us to get 7 coins per post. I just want it raised slightly to .50. I'm not being lazy, I'm not one of those people who only post five times a day, and I don't mind working for my stuff as long as it's fair. I just feel like it'd be a little more fair and help people out if it was bumpped up a little.

tre: why just spend them on EI's? Why not be able to make it so you can buy some commons with gold, some with coins, and EI's with just coins. And you also have to think, back then, they had games that helped you get more currencies. And you can't get currencies for having longer posts. you just get .25 for a post, no matter how long it is.

anta: Not everyone is rich and can afford to get all the items they want with gold, so they use events to get items with currencies. and they can't get the things they want while they're cheap when it's too hard to get the tokens. that's why there is such a rush to get the items!

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 09-27-2012, 07:30 PM

Maybe it's "been so long" since the last event that some of you forgot...
1. Event currency (usually, but not always!) increases or so towards the end of the event.
2. The commons will be around after the event. This is not your only shot at getting them via the shops.
3. Our goal has never been to allow every person to be able to get every single item in the event store while the event is going.
4. You are still earning gold. Some you seem to think that you're only able to earn/spend event currency. Least, it certainly seems that way.

We appreciate any concerns you guys have; so please remember to voice them after the event in the usual questionnaire (which will be posted in the Community Discussion forum).

Corlatta DeNaught: I'm pretty sure that all of the commons are released. But I want jellysundae: to properly answer if we'll be having additional colors for items.

SexualPlacebo
(◎_◎;)
Send a message via AIM to SexualPlacebo Send a message via MSN to SexualPlacebo

Old 09-27-2012, 07:34 PM

I agree with momo.
I'm finding it very difficult to earn a lot. I'm trying my hardest to post whenever I get a chance to but I have a lot of things, outside of mene, to do each day. Not to mention the majority of the time I can get on here, hardly anyone else is because of my timezone. There are also a lot of members who have even MORE than me to do each day and I think it's most unfair on them. .50 isn't much extra, and the guys here who are raging about the people who are asking for it to be raised a little are really over-reacting. Just because you guys can make enough time to constantly post and earn stupid amounts, doesn't mean everyone else can!

Edit: If it's going up near the end of the event then thats all good. :D
I just hope I can be around more then. >>;

Last edited by SexualPlacebo; 09-27-2012 at 07:40 PM..

Jeannesha
Lost in a cloud

Penpal

Old 09-27-2012, 08:00 PM

Iku, I was on during the last event...and I don't remember that things got increased at all, unless it was during the last few hours of the event.

It seems to me that it stayed at .5 the entire event (I could be wrong...lol....I've been wrong once or twice in my life!)
But earning the .5 per post during the entire event was great!

I probably wouldn't be upset about the lower rate this event, it if it weren't for the fact that these event commons are WONDERFUL! I guess there are just too many of them that I really want to get! But over 400-500 gold for them later is a steep price to pay.
(But as you say, they will be available, even if they are expensive...so if I really really want them, I can get them later.)

As others have said, I really DO appreciate all the time you all spend doing events. We love you ALL!

hummy
Little birdie ♥

Penpal

Old 09-27-2012, 08:07 PM

please don't bit my head off.
i am not complaining, just curious and so i ask questions.
why are the event rares not half price while the event is going on?
that would help the economy with people spending goldies, wouldn't it?
anyway, i like to have extras to give away in our RAK threadies,
not everyone wants to rule the menewsha economy, ya know?
i'm excited for the new event rare to come out, please don't be expensive!
peace out!

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 09-27-2012, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hummy View Post

why are the event rares not half price while the event is going on?

Half price compared to what, hummy? The event rares aren't available in stores after the event is over. If you want to buy them later on, you're relying on the Marketplace. That means that other users are in charge of setting their own prices.

So the price right now is the set price. No one knows what the eventual price of these items will end up being. It's actually entirely possible that they'll end up going for over 6k later on, making their current price 50% off.

Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa
is full of flavor

Old 09-27-2012, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannesha View Post
Iku, I was on during the last event...and I don't remember that things got increased at all, unless it was during the last few hours of the event.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ikuto Akihiko Hasegawa View Post

1. Event currency (usually, but not always!) increases or so towards the end of the event.

And the last few hours are part of the end of an event.