Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 05-23-2012, 01:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlandnymph View Post
And I would LOVE to see Biggles' and Ferra's photos
Belatedly, here's my deviantART page which has some of my best photography. The cherry blossom pictures are in the front. I have tons more I need to add one of these days.

Although I rarely use deviantART anymore, I'm really tempted to buy a subscription just so I can change my terrible username. :lol: I'm so glad they finally added that feature.

Silverbeam
Baby Godzilla

Old 05-23-2012, 01:12 AM

Ferra: Oooo very cool! You should go check out some contest groups. Theres one that lists lots of contest and a lot of them have subscriptions as prizes.

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 05-23-2012, 01:16 AM

Oh, that would be cool! But all I do is photography and I'm not super active, so I'm not sure if those contests would apply to me. Plus, there are tons of skilled photographers on dA.

Just one month would be great and then I could change my name. I'd probably use the name of one of my OCs since it doesn't appear to be taken yet.

Silverbeam
Baby Godzilla

Old 05-23-2012, 01:18 AM

Crafting Creations
Username: silverbeam
Entry Category: Nature themed
Entry: http://i50.tinypic.com/s6jbs0.jpg Proof: http://i50.tinypic.com/r295ow.jpg
Comments/Image/Link: Lots of earth tones for nature! A little magic with glow in the dark clay on the mushroom. I made the mushroom and most of the beads.

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 05-23-2012, 01:18 AM

BUT FERRA!!!
Your photography is lovely!

---------- Post added 05-22-2012 at 09:19 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverbeam View Post
Crafting Creations
Username: silverbeam
Entry Category: Nature themed
Entry: http://i50.tinypic.com/s6jbs0.jpg Proof: http://i50.tinypic.com/r295ow.jpg
Comments/Image/Link: Lots of earth tones for nature! A little magic with glow in the dark clay on the mushroom. I made the mushroom and most of the beads.
I love love love the charms!
:drool:
I WANT!!!!

I was looking at your dA earlier. You have such cool things. The Rainbow Dash doll scared me, but she was AWESOME!!!! I'm jealous. :)

Silverbeam
Baby Godzilla

Old 05-23-2012, 01:40 AM

:D well I do have an etsy that I sell from, and there is a sale going on.....

---------- Post added 05-22-2012 at 09:53 PM ----------

but this is mene, you can find that stuff on my DA page.

how are mene peeps tonight?

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 05-23-2012, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neller View Post
BUT FERRA!!!
Your photography is lovely!
Thank you! :oops:

I just do it for fun. I was going to take classes in college, but it didn't fit into my schedule. One of these days I should learn what all of the settings on my camera do. I tend to just leave it on auto and touch things up later.

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 05-23-2012, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferra View Post
Thank you! :oops:

I just do it for fun. I was going to take classes in college, but it didn't fit into my schedule. One of these days I should learn what all of the settings on my camera do. I tend to just leave it on auto and touch things up later.
I had a choice of photography or life drawing in schedule. Unfortunately, photography didn't fit in my schedule, either. So I'm left drawing old, nude people! YAY!

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 05-23-2012, 02:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neller View Post
I had a choice of photography or life drawing in schedule. Unfortunately, photography didn't fit in my schedule, either. So I'm left drawing old, nude people! YAY!
Aww. :lol: I had to take an acting class in the end, since it was the only thing that fit and also counted as a fine arts credit.

It's always old people, right? In one of my anthropology classes we talked about people's various thresholds for different things, which often relates to their cultural backgrounds. She brought up that in the class there are some people who could probably pose naked in a life drawing class with very little pressure, and others who would be absolutely incapable of suffering through it. After plenty of public bathing experiences, I'm not shy about it anymore, so I think I could do it.

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 05-23-2012, 02:34 AM

:squee: That's pretty Silverbeam! I love mushrooms! Not to eat though <.< Just to look at.

Annnd nice. I have such an embarrassing story about a snapping turtle I tried saving in the middle of the road :blush: I don't wanna tell it! >.<

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 05-23-2012, 02:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodlandnymph View Post
Annnd nice. I have such an embarrassing story about a snapping turtle I tried saving in the middle of the road :blush: I don't wanna tell it! >.<
Reminds me of the time I tried to save a fire ant that fell into the pool with my bare hands. :gonk: I hate ants now.

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 05-23-2012, 03:03 AM

I've saved bees from the death in the pool. Amazingly, I never got stung.

Honestly, I'd love to pose nude for a drawing class. Lol. I feel weird saying that. But my school only hires older people to pose nude for our life drawing classes. I'm not excited for this class, but I'm not dreading it. A nude person's a nude person. It's not like I haven't seen someone entirely nude before. lol

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 05-23-2012, 03:20 AM

One time a flew directly into my mouth. I somehow did not get stung, and the bee survived. I still have no idea how any of that happened. :lol:

neller
The Lover of UNICORNS

Old 05-23-2012, 03:29 AM

An act of mysteriousness! Good for both of you for not being harmed! Happy endings are happy. :)

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 05-23-2012, 03:32 AM

Mysteriousness. I like that term to describe it. :lol:

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 05-23-2012, 04:21 AM

I almost jumped in a lake after stepping on an underground hive >.< I was COVERED in bees, but I only got bitten 3 times from all that. It was scary though O.o All I could hear was droning.

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 05-23-2012, 05:29 AM

Underground biting bees?!

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 05-23-2012, 05:33 AM

A lot of bees nest underground. D: At least the ones where I used to live did, if the conditions were right.

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 05-23-2012, 05:39 AM

Yup! This was near a lake where there was a little boardwalk made of stone. I guess the land under one of the stones had cut away enough that they had room to make a hive and uh, yaaah

I didn't know they nested underground either till then :P

Cherry Who?
Spooky Scary Skeleton

Old 05-23-2012, 06:29 AM

Wow, I'd never heard of that! I'll have to be careful of where I step now. ><

Wasps are more of a problem here. Every year they build nests in our awnings, and they're particularly fond of the one that's right above the hose valve. Last year my mom went to turn the hose on, wasn't bothering the wasps at all, and one just flew right down and stung her. Hateful little creatures!

Ferra
ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ

Old 05-23-2012, 06:49 AM

My mom has bad luck with bees. :( She's afraid of them, so she gets agitated and they go after her. I'm pretty calm around most bugs, so I've yet to be stung. Wasps like to build little nests on our deck, but they're usually very small so they aren't too hard to knock down. Sorry wasps, but we literally live a block away from a forest - you can go build your hives in there.

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-24-2012, 12:49 AM

Crafting Creations
Username: Knerd
Entry Category: Edibles
Entry:
Comments/Image/Link: I AM A GOOD CHEF, YES?
They were blueberry pancakes, you know. That totally makes it a seasonal breakfast. :yes:

Woodlandnymph
Master Debater

Old 05-24-2012, 02:48 AM

XD That's too clever Knerd! Annnnd I just had blueberry pancakes too, but mine weren't all awesome-y flower shaped!

*updates front page*

Hey guys! Me and Cherry wanna see your entries!!!! Come on all you creative peoples! I challenge you!

Cause, if I see some awesomeness, I might have to pull an Oprah and give out more prizes to sweeten the deal!

If not, you get bees at least ;)

Last edited by Woodlandnymph; 05-24-2012 at 05:53 AM..

Knerd
I put the K in "Misspelling"

Assistant Administrator

Old 05-24-2012, 12:24 PM

Well you're lucky that I finished this last night. ;)

Crafting Creations
Username: Knerd
Entry Category: Nature Themed
Entry: Clearer name
Comments/Image/Link: I made this exact style wallhanging as a birthday gift for my mother a few years ago. My Grandma only just saw it last month, so she hinted really heavily that she wanted one too. I ended up going out last week and buying two more of the sewing kits. This will end up being a late Mother's Day gift. :lol:

llonka
Momma to the Crazies!

Penpal

Old 05-24-2012, 02:12 PM

wow i really need to get this done today.... *scurries off to get a picture*