Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 01-27-2017, 04:35 AM

Chance sighed heavily, looking over the dragons and riders that were gathered before him. He didn't let it show on his face but he did not believe a single word that Erwan said to him about not being enemies, after all, that is what they were in a sense. He noticed the look on the one-eyed male's face as he mentally conversed with his mount. Wondering just exactly what they were planning, he looked over at Hayden, hoping the boy would be more easily convinced to join him then to stick with his mentor.

"So they don't take kindly to those who defect like they don't to those who bond outside their little penitentiary camp." this time he did not bother to hide his negative feelings about the guard and how they go about doing things. He resisted the urge to climb upon his dragon's back and flee, he knew that they were trying to make an effort at being friendly. He could not help that it felt like nothing more than a mask of what they really wanted and were doing there.

"I suppose you would like to have this back," he spoke in a more calmer and collected voice, pulling the eye patch out, holding it up so the male could see just what he was talking about. He looked at Hayden again where he was given a command, wondering what letter they were talking about and just how much he should stand here and listen to what was being said to him.

"How about we just cut to the chase and stop this delicate dance." he said bluntly, getting tired of this little diplomatic game they were playing, deciding to be straight forward with what he wanted. "I want you both to join the White Wings. Teach us and others what you were trained. That way we could all benefit from each other. You both would no longer have to take orders, burn down villages, or kill dragon riders and their dragons that are not a part of your guard." he said to them both, having a hard look on his face, it was clear he was done with games and the little dance. He knew what he wanted and he was going to do his best to get it even if he needed to be straight forward about the whole thing. He just prayed that the males were not blind to what was going on around them and found his words to be false.

Rhys Luna Emweise
Nightstalker

Old 01-27-2017, 12:40 PM

Hayden nodded, glancing around, before slipping his knife back into the pouch at his hip. Moving over to
liyiath, he opened one of the pouches on his saddle, pulling out a letter and walking towards Chance, handing him the letter. He took a step back, flushing slightly At the accusations. "You know, not all of us are like that..." he said softly. He was not blind to the corruption within their kingdom. He'd only been on a couple missions before, mostly scouting- his dragon's size made him better than a giant like Rornigoth for sneaking around.
The expression on his face, as much as he tried to hide it, showed he was torn about working for the kingdom or having his freedom. He knew one day he'd be sent on a mission where he was forced to kill innocents, likely over a simple rumor that one member of a family or village was planning a rebellion.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 02-03-2017, 10:35 PM

Erwan pursed his lips, trying to keep from frowning despite the hardness in his eyes. No matter what Chance said against the Guard, he would take offense to it. This was his life. This was what he wanted more than anything in his life. After fighting for so long and almost giving up, how could he ever turn his back now? No, he would be a dragon rider if he had to die for it. Standing tense, he waited as Hayden turned away to get the letter, not taking his eyes off of Chance. And he pretended to be the cool headed one here. Where did that go?

"Excuse me?" Surprised, he blinked his eyes at the object that Chance held out. A wash of nausea dropped through him an instant later. Erwan flinched before forgetting his own tension to step forward and grab the patch, almost crushing it in a shaking hand. The scars around his eye looked faint; he knew it. But still his face felt naked without hiding them. Only because of the danger of this situation did he forget about it. Ducking his eyes, he tied the patch in place once again. "Thank you," he murmured despite not wanting to be indebted to this other man at all.

Hayden returned with the letter and Erwan glanced toward him, still feeling off his game. Taking it, he started to unfurl the rolled parchment as he turned his attention back to Chance. "The same as those leading rebellions tear our kingdom in two, bringing war, and destroying supply lines that leave the families of dragon riders starving?" he asked, his voice low and even. He never saw this corruption that Chance spoke of. Every wrong he saw went both ways. Dragon riders of the guard were the elite. He strived his entire youth in order to obtain his position. If other people wanted that, then they should just fight for it like him. No one told them they couldn't be riders. Just that they had to belong to the guard.

Shaking his head, Erwan re-rolled the letter after a second. It was just formality. In this situation, real words mattered more. "You may say whatever you would like and I won't speak or fight for Hayden, but you will never win me over. You yourself are corrupted with the lies that have been told to you. I don't know why you even want us. Why...why did you even stay to talk...?" Like this, Chance might force his hand. No more nice chit-chat and after the return of his eye patch, he wasn't sure he wanted a fight.

Last edited by Kat Dakuu; 02-03-2017 at 10:38 PM..

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 03-09-2017, 02:36 AM

Chance was still very much on guard, even if Hayden had tucked the knife away, which helped to defuse the situation that they were in a bit. He was still on edge, though, he might be on the better end of things with being a doctor and having a dragon that could help heal. He was still no match for their obvious battle ready training, especially their dragons. He carefully took the letter from the older male, giving him a soft smile as he brushed his fingers against his. "You may not all be like that but that is how you all are being used, doll," he whispered to Hayden, reaching out to stroke his cheek for a moment.

He sighed before opening the letter, reading it over, staying as calm as he could as he handed it back to Erwan, running a hand through his dark gray hair, his eyes looking at the two before him once more. It figures that they were trying to get him to join them, he had to wonder if this was just a way to get him to lower his guard so that they could easily kill him and Laila. He looked at his dragon, he had to think, he had to make sure they survived and did not betray what they stood for.

His eyes landed on the older male, looking him over as he thought and calculated his next move with Laila, wanting to make a choice that they were both happy with, though it was not hard since they always seemed to be on the same side about such things. An amused smile crossed his face as Erwan came over to take the eyepatch from him. For some reason, he felt satisfaction at having the male give in once more, reaching a hand out to touch the scar that was on his face with a tender touch.

He ran a hand through his hair once more, shaking his head as he watched him back away as much as he could, it was clear that he wanted nothing to do with him after all. "The rebellions are not what tore the kingdom in two. It was already torn in two by the guard and the King. You burn the villages that provide the supplies for you, killing your distant family members, getting rid of anything that does not fit into your proper rule abiding world." he said to him, moving closer to him as he did so, trying to keep his voice calm and level and the emotion from it.

"Those supply lines are raided to help those that survive the tyranny of our oppressive government. So that they may be able to survive, pick up what is left of their shattered lives, bury their loved ones and move on to a better place," he said to him, explaining why they were doing what they were doing, which wasn't to hurt the innocent dragon riders' families, they were just trying to even things out better for everyone.

He crossed his arms and raised an eyebrow at Erwan, snapping his head towards Laila as she said something to him, a smile spreading across his face as he reached a hand out to stroke her head, kissing her nose affectionately. Anger flared in his face at Erwan's words about him being corrupted by what he knew, how could what he experience be wrong?

"Funny how you think that about me when you know nothing about me and what I have seen or experienced," he said to him, climbing onto the back of his white dragon, looking back at them as he thought. "I want you both because we need you more then the guard does. I stayed to talk because we had shared something beautiful together and I was hoping to open your eyes but it is clear that you're stubborn," he said to him honestly as he was not trying to hide his intentions from them as the older male made him feel like he was doing, stroking the fur beneath him.

"Laila suggested that before either of us make a decision about the offer we were given and forced into a battle none of us clearly want....that we should show what we are fighting for and show why we want the other to join us," he said to them, his voice changing a bit as it took on a much lighter, softer, and loving tone of voice, conveying what his dragon was saying and feeling to them, looking down at her before looking back at them. "Also Laila and I are not fighters. We never lifted a finger against anyone. Harming people goes against everything that we stand for."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 03-26-2017, 09:35 PM

Erwan twisted away from Chance's touch, his heart thudding with a mixture of panic and irritation that someone would dare try to touch his scars. Firmly securing the eye patch's ties in place, he stepped back again with his lips pursed to the degree that his facial muscles shook. "Don't touch me on my blind side. Ever," he bit out. A second later, he dropped his gaze, realizing just how much emotion shone through in his voice. He didn't want to fight. He didn't want to fight. Over and over the mantra repeated in his head as he tried to smooth both his clothes and his face back into that of calmness. If it came to that though...

Eyes snapping back to Chance, he met the other man's gaze with fierceness. "I have no reason to listen to what you have to say about this! But..." he paused after listening to what Chance had to say. The words seemed to linger, making him think even when he wanted to keep writing off what Chance said about the rebellion and the guard. Indeed, Erwan was a stubborn person and he had no reason to change. Even if sometimes he got curious, his loyalties could never change from a little excursion or a few words. He lived for the guard. Gritting his teeth, he gave in though. "But if you think a little show and tell is needed, then I'll play along. Whatever it takes to convince you were are not enemies. I've told you enough times that our mission was diplomatic, so let's go play diplomacy."

A grin crossed Erwan's face. "Rornigoth, get ready to fly," he called out with a quick glance at his dragon. Not that Rornigoth looked the least bit relaxed, not being the one to get comfortable with all the tensions around them. The dragon rose his wings, shifting paws to a position perfect for lifting off. Then, he just turned one of his amber eyes to stare at Erwan, waiting. Erwan himself turned his gaze to look between Chance and Hayden. The younger rider was worrying him. He might be more easily swayed, but Erwan also hesitated to get involved. Was it really his job to stand in the way? One one hand, he couldn't allow someone to turn traitor in his presence and they weren't really friends. But, he still maintained that this situation could be managed and it was Hayden's own decision to turn away temptation. "You okay with this?" he asked, his voice softening slightly as he talked to the younger rider.

After a second, he turned back to Chance. "What is it you want to show us anyway."

Rhys Luna Emweise
Nightstalker

Old 04-16-2017, 09:45 AM

Hayden, though so young, wasn't so easily swayed... or at least, he didn't think he was. He did take pause at Chnce's words. He didn't know what the rebel would do with such sensitive information about their ways... what was the point, teaching them about most of their training? As far as anyone within the guard know, this was the only rider and dragon pair living outside of the guard... most of their training was riding and using their dragons to fight- or, more commonly in his case, defend. He and Liyiath didnt have the size to be up on the front lines.

He glanced to Erwan. He'd been paired with the man for a few weeks now, getting more training than just atealth and scouting from him. He knew just how strongly he believed in the Guard and their teachings. He respected his mentor for both his skill and his steadfastness and loyalty. However... there could be another way, couldn't there? One more peaceful? He took a step closer to the smaller of the two males, glancing towards Liyiath, before back to the older men. "No harm in hearing what he has to say, is there?" He asked, slightly unsure. Should he so willingly agree to the Rebel's request?

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 04-19-2017, 02:25 AM

Hurt flashed in his eyes when Erwan moved away from his touch. Chance still had a hand held up from where he tried to touch the older male, not understanding why he was acting that way considering he had acted a way different earlier when they were having a intimate moment together. He clenched his fingers into a fist, shaking his hand a bit before letting it fall to his side, looking away from him as he tried to collect himself once more. He took a calming breath as he worked hard on not letting what was said bother him to much. "You didn't mind when I had kissed and touched it earlier." he mumbled softly, more to himself then to anyone else before letting the subject drop.

"You can make your choice just like I make mine." he spoke to him softly, trying to keep the sound of how he was hurt out of his voice but it still slipped into it. He knew that he had no reason to feel this way, after all they just met each other so he should not feel like this towards him. He had no right to feel this way towards either of them, yet he kind of did, surprisingly to himself. "Then don't listen to what I have to say. Go home and never look for me again. Since that seems to be the choice your leaning towards." he calmly said to him despite that fact that he wanted to snap at him.

Chance ran a hand through fur that was beneath him, finding comfort in his female companion in a way that he could not do with anyone else. "If you must know the whole show and tell thing is not my idea but Liala's." he sighed, he just wanted to make it perfectly clear that his idea was something different from what was happening. He rather wanted to just up and leave them here since they were being stubborn about joining them, planning to not see them again after this. The white dragon under him had other plans though.

"What do I want to show you..." he repeated the question back to him before shrugging as if it was not a big deal, flashing him a charming smile before he finally answered it. "How about the truth that your king and superiors have kept hidden from you this whole time." He watched the two as they seem to have council in hushed tones about what they would do. He turned his attention away from them, his grey eyes scanning over the area before smiling as they seemed to come to an agreement.

"Then follow us. Oh and try to keep up." he teased as he flashed a grin, nudging his dragon to take off into the air. He could feel the muscles tense beneath him before flexing as she gave a powerful down stroke to stir up dust and debris. They hovered there for a few moments as they waited to see what they would do before they took off towards their home but not to where the rest of the rebels were staying, after all he needed to protect them. He glanced back behind them to see if the males were following them before he landed in a clearing that was only big enough for Laila to land in, he went into a little shack before coming back out with clean clothes, shoes, and a bag strapped to his back. He climbed back up onto the white back before the took off again, this time heading to a plume of smoke that was rising up in the distance.

It was the latest of attacks in a long line of them, this one though had happen a few days ago, he was pretty sure that the dragon riders with him would blame him and his group for the attack even though it was their precious guard who had done so. He landed far enough away that they could see smoke comming from buildings that seemed to still be burning but not close enough that their dragons would be seen and upset the people that were milling about as they try to pick up their lives. He waited for the others to land so that he could talk to them a bit more. "It would be best to leave your dragons here and take off anything that that has the guards' symbols. " he dug into his bag and pulled out two sets of clothes, handing it over to them so they could change into something that would most likely get them killed.

"While you are both here try not to say anything about being in the guard, do not let them see your dragons and whatever you do, do not pull out any weapons, threaten anyone and you better be kind and humble instead of high and mighty like you are." his grey eyes were narrowed, his voice strict, not leaving any room for compliants or arguements as he told them what was what. He flashed them a smile before walking the rest of the way with them and laila by his side to the villiage, a very serious look upon his face as he waved and greated a few people when they got closer, giving a soft caring smile. A lot of them were injured, sick or dead and it was clear that the villiage was in bad shape and had been attacked by dragons.

He told the ones who were in the best shape to gather everyone in the town square especially the children, telling others that Laila his companion would help them bury their dead. He stroked the white dragon's cheek before touching noses with her, taking a calming breath as he watched her head off with the male villagers, concern on his face as it was clear they were wary of working with a dragon. Sadness crossed his face before he turned, smiling as he bent down to start his work, starting with the worst wounded out of the bunch, listening to them talk about what happened and how they were so thankful that the white wings were doing everything they could to help them out. He even instructed some of the other ones on what to do on how to treat the minor wounds and what to do with the far more major ones until he could look at them.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 05-01-2017, 06:20 PM

Erwan flushed at Chance's mumbled words, fists clenching for a quick second before he too relaxed. How could he not react so strongly when someone touched him at his weakest point? He couldn't see where the hand touched him, and yet he could feel it so strongly. It made him anxious. Turning to look at Hayden once again, he nodded, accepting the younger male's words. "Yes. Then we are in agreement." Even if Erwan had no intention of letting his point of view be swayed. That, more than anything, meant no risk since he hoped Chance had nothing sinister in mind.

"Oh, I don't think we'll have trouble keeping up with an untrained rebel like you," Erwan scoffed before he too swung up onto his dragon's back. As soon as he buckled the feet straps with a single, fluid movement, he beckoned for Rornigoth to take flight. One mighty downstroke and he was up, bowing branches under the strength of his great wings. As if hearing the challenge that Chance uttered, the rust dragon took off at a dizzying speed, surprising the white dragon, then falling back when Erwan chastised him, saying they were meant to follow. Of course, Rornigoth only listened with the vaguest of attention, also splitting half of his attention between the two female dragons.

As they flew, Erwan felt the wind ease away even more of his tension as well as anger. He was undistracted. In the midst of the sky, he focused his attention on the dragons and their riders and the terrain that flew by beneath them. At this point, they seemed to fly over a far corner of the kingdom. He heard tales of a few skirmishes from that area, both from bandits and enemy scouts as well as the rebels who moved into the area. He wondered briefly if the rebels involved themselves in the more affairs than domestic. A second later, he pushed the thought away. Instead, as Chance landed at a small shack, he made sure to memorize the location as well as the direction they'd traveled in up til now. Even if Chance showed him nothing, he intended to make his own investigations.

Finally, they landed near one of the sources of smoke in the area, obviously a recent attack spot. Erwan already guessed what Chance intended to show them now, but he still instructed Rornigoth to stay hidden and play nice--this added with a stern look. So, with new an unobtrusive and also clean clothes, a small pack over his shoulder and his knife hidden, Erwan followed the other man into the village. What he saw there was death. It was heavy in the air along with the haze of smoke. What didn't look charred looked broken as if by claws and then the helping hands of men. Even if it wasn't his first village to see lay wasted, it still stilled his tongue. Hanging back, he watched Chance as he interacted with the villagers.

They called him the white wings. He was a doctor. All he did was talk and heal. Feeling awkward, Erwan wondered how to react to this. Without doubt or questions aimed at him, his own defensive nature had nothing to react against. Instead, only the face he often showed at the guard wanted to show. After another minute of watching, his face relaxed entirely into something gentle. "Here," he cut in. Unslinging his pack, he opened it to reveal a first aid kit along with rations taking up the majority of the space. "Looks like we have work to do."

Rhys Luna Emweise
Nightstalker

Old 05-04-2017, 09:48 PM

Hayden followed Chance and Erwan, changing quickly after they'd landed and been handed clean clothing, keeping Liyiath between himself and the others. Maybe it was a little late to try and preserve his modesty- both other riders had seen him naked and more vulnerable than ever- but it was still habit. Tugging the oversized shirt over his head, he kept his own pants- the ones Chance had handed him would have slid down off his hips. He packed his armor away onto his saddle, along with his sword and two larger daggers. He wrapped his sword belt around his waist over the shirt, making the shirt look like it fit him a little better. It was strange, not having the weight of his sword at his hip. He felt about naked without it. He kept his smaller knife, though, and filled his pack with all of his medical supplies and rations.

He'd gotten a glimpse of the area they were headed to from the air on their way to the first clearing, where they'd been made to wait a few minutes. He knew that his supplies would be needed, and screw their captain and the other guards when they returned and needed to be restocked fully before their next flight. Hayden didn't care if he got in trouble for 'losing' or 'wasting' his supplies. He thought he was prepared....

He was wrong. Nothing could have prepared him for what he saw when they left the safety of the woods, entering the village. He'd seen battle wounds before- before being old enough to actually go out with the guard, he'd spent much of his time with the hatchlings or in the med bays, helping their doctors. He'd wanted to become one of them one day, though sadly anyone bound to a dragon was thereby bound to the guard. This though.... Battle wounds were nothing compared to this. He found himself frozen for a moment, barely paying attention to Erwan or Chance, taking in everything around him.

He shook himself out of his daze when he saw Erwan getting to work, following his lead and helping to heal the injured, talking a little about his past or the attack with those who asked about him.

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 05-31-2017, 08:11 PM

Chance snorted, he might be untrained but he liked to think that he and his dragon were in perfect sync and if they truly wanted to lose them then he was more than confident that they could do so. Though that is not what they wanted to do at the moment. He was also not worried about them knowing where his home was considering the fact that it was not a secret or a well-kept one for that matter. After all being a healer, a doctor meant that plenty of people knew where he was so that they could come to be treated.

On to more important matters though, like the devastated village they now all resided in. For the first time that the males had met earlier that day, Chance had a very serious look upon his face, the smile that seemed to be always on his face, it was now gone. This was always the hard part of being a leader of a rebel group, having to disperse his men so that they can help cover and care for all the damage that is caused but mainly being the only one that could care for these people in such away so that they could heal and be able to start their lives anew.

He smiled as a small girl brought him a very small cup of water to drink. His face softened as he brushed her hair out of her face, a sad look crossed his face at seeing the bandages that covered her. He sipped the water before letting her drink the rest of it, pulling off the bandages that seemed to cover half her body. Revealing that she had been severely burned. His heart broke for her, he gently touched her wounds before pulling a homemade poultice out so that he could cover her burns with it before wrapping her up with clean gauze.

He smiled as Erwan spoke up to him, offering his own medkit for him to use as well. "You know that you don't have to do this. After all, these are your supplies that you would need." he said to the older male as he covered his hand with his own, stopping him from continuing his actions, searching his face for a moment. Seeing the gentle look on his face, he squeezed his hand before letting it go. "If you and Hayden could treat the minor wounds and help rotate the villagers for me to treat then I would be extremely grateful." spoke gently as he lifted Erwan's hand up to press a soft kiss to it before releasing him. Turning his attention to the job at hand.

He soon sent her on her way after making sure she was not in pain, handing the poultice to her grandmother and giving her strict instructions on what to do about it and for her. Wiping the sweat from his brow as he looked around, the day had grown older without him noticing, and it had also grown a whole lot hotter. His eyes wandered over the area, a lot of people having been treated with thanks from Erwan and Hayden helping him out by treating the minor wounds.

"I made sure that the other dragons know to eat the charred cows." Laila said to him mentally as she walked up, her once blinding white fur and feathers were now dirty with dirt and slowly drying mud. "I already ate but I caught plenty of fish for you and the villagers. They are cooking and cleaning them now." she nudged him affectionately, spreading her wings out to help shade him and some of the others from the sun. She looked at the other two, knowing fully well what Chance was thinking about as he looked at them.

"Ah. Laila. Thank you so much for all your hard work love. We can go bathe later to get you all cleaned up again. Chance said to her as he nuzzled back, making sure not to touch her with his hands as he moved on to another patient, this time he had to deal with missing fingers instead. Hayden's experience with being able to help with healing, had not gone unnoticed by Chance, in fact, it made him feel a bit proud that he had the skills though minor they may have been.

He often tried to teach others how to do what he did but it just always boiled down to them only being able to handle the minor wounds and unable to stomach the far more severe ones. He continued to work hard to caring for the people, stopping once more to rest, he still had plenty of people to take care of and he still needed check on everyone that he had already taken care of and probably change their bandages again. "Hayden, Erwan. Laila told me that the villagers are cooking some fish that she caught for everyone. Don't worry about your companions, she let them know about the dead cattle so that they are able to eat. You two should go a head and eat. Take a break and rest up for a while as well. This is still going to take a while." Chance said to them, being discreet about mentioning their dragons as he did not want to upset anyone to much with the knowledge of two more dragons waiting in the woods.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 06-14-2017, 12:12 AM

Eyes darting up, Erwan met Chance's eye, both surprised and wary at his touch, but unable to immediately pull away either. Something stayed his usual reaction that created what many people called a wall between him and others. Strangers disliked him for a reason. Erwan knew that, but right now, the reasonable and fair side of him took precedence. "I do have to do this," he answered with a slight shake of his head. Simple and true, he stated it like a fact rather than words of compassion. Even when Chance lifted his hand to place a quick kiss, Erwan did not waver in his decision. Glancing over, his nodded to Hayden when he saw that the younger man followed his example. His smile soft for a second, Erwan pulled his gaze away. "We are also humans aren't we? Of course we won't act callous."

With that last line, he pulled away from Chance and his sneaky, warm gestures and set to work. It was a matter-of-fact way that he dealt with the injured as Chance suggested. However, in the way he held gauze or moved bandages, the gentleness of his touch shone through. He didn't care about who the people here were or who hurt them. He didn't feel guilt himself, or anger. He did believe the people belonged to the kingdom though and therefore his mission was clear. Talking very little, he worked as the day deepened, only keeping in contact with Rornigoth to ascertain the security of their current situation.

When Chance sought them out again and spoke, Erwan just nodded as he tied a last bandage securely into place. It made him thankful for his own training and steady hands though up close, the damages only looked worse. Even he was not used to this. "Excuse me?" he answered, sounding more surprised than uptight like earlier. He'd loosened his vest to hang loose around his shoulders, undershirt tucked under the edge to stay out of the way. Even his hair looked looser, more wild in the environment, though his eyepatch stayed as snug in place as ever. "Is that alright though? We didn't come here to socialize did we?"

Stretching, he looked for Hayden, finding him not far away as they'd shared some of their supplies in order to help the villagers. "How are you holding up?" he asked, just realizing that was something he should have asked a while ago.

Rhys Luna Emweise
Nightstalker

Old 06-14-2017, 03:37 PM

The villagers had at first been wary of Hayden, a stranger with some skill in mending wounds. It hadn't taken too long for some of them to give in, though, coming to him with the 'lesser' injuries, them being basically anything less than missing limbs or large or serious burns.

His stomach had rolled at the sight of some of the villagers' injuries, though he'd forced himself to ignore it, and found a place in his mind where he. Ecame detatched from what was going on around him, treating it just like he would practice, or a test, back home. He'd just gotten a small break from patients, most of the worst injuries being taken care of already, though he knew they'd be back to have their wounds redressed soon enough, the way some had been bleeding. He'd just sat down with a cup of water that one of the children had brought him, when he heard his name. Sighing, he gulped down the drink, climbing to his feet again with a slight wince, and handing the cup back to the girl, thanking her and heading towards Chance and Erwan. He caught most of what was said, the older two males already talking about food and rest.
"Well enough..." he said, shrugging a bit when Erwan asked him how he was holding up. He wasn't quite sure how Erwan meant that, if it was just how he was holding up with dealing with the injured villagers, or with everything that had happened that day. Either way, he'd put on a brave face and wait til he was alone to deal with it all. If he let himself think too deeply about any of it, even just the wounded, he'd probably break.

Turning to Chance, he gave the larger male a small smile. "Thank you for the offer, but I'm not hungry." He said, turning down his offer of food. His stomach still wasnt quite settled, plus these people needed it more than he did.

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 06-20-2017, 12:14 PM

"Erwan." Chance sighed his name in an exasperated way, showing that he was irritated, tired and slightly frustrated which was not something that he liked to show to others. He liked to keep the calm, collected and remain as nice as he possibly could, but he was at that point in his day that made it hard to keep it up. That didn't mean that he wasn't going to try his best at doing so. Though the more he looked at the Older male, he had to admit that he liked him in this far more relaxed and disheveled state then the strict, prim and proper one that he had shown earlier. It only serves to bring a tired smile to his face that was far more natural than the one he normally showed.

"I came to help these people. I brought you both to see what our main purpose is." he looked away from him, running a hand through his gray hair as he looked over the village. The pain was clear in his eyes, clenching his fist as it seemed he was remembering something. "It is fine...you both need to go eat and just listen to the villagers while you rest and take a break." he said to them as he turned his attention back to them, trying to not leave any room for argument as he knew they were probably hungry and tired from working so hard all day.

"Hayden, have you ever tried to turn down food from a female dragon before?" he smiled down at the boy, an amused look coming across his face, giving a dry laugh. "The first time I refused food from Laila she held me down and force feed me." he said to him, hoping that his little story would help to lighten the mood up a bit for them. He knew he did grim work, he knew some of the villagers were stilling probably going to die in the end but that did not mean he could not do his best for them right now. He looked the two males over before deciding something.

"Alright, then at the very least go and get some rest, check up on your "friends" while you're at it. Doctor's orders. Oh! Don't worry about me running off, Erwan. I will still be here when you get back." he said to them both, pulling them into a slight hug, kissing their temples before he let them go. He turned his back to them, as Laila followed him, shading him with her wings as he went back to work. Despite the fact that he was thinking about them and making them eat and rest up, get away from all this and get some fresh air. He did not take his own orders. No, he wasn't eating any of the fish or other food that was made. Only drinking some water when it was offered to him. Despite the way he tried to be positive and carefree all the time, he was very serious when it came to his job.

He was focused, unaware of the world around him as he continued to help those in need, even rebandaging people he had already helped when he came across them. It was clear to anyone that watched him that he put other's health before his own, that he runs himself ragged and even into an early grave if he was left to his own devices. He was numb to the carnage and wounds that were presented to him. Comforting the victims by giving them a soft smile, telling the girls that they were beautiful and the scars they will have will only show people how strong they are for surviving. Telling the boys that they still look handsome and that the scars they will carry will just make them seem tougher to the girls.

His heart skipped a beat as a tightness grew in his chest as he came across a couple that was far too injured for him to be able to do anything to help them. He tried his best to explain to their parents about their situation and that even if he did help them that they were still going to die in the end. He sighed heavily as he listened to the pleas, finally giving in despite what he had told them, setting about as best as he could to help them. Laila and he shared a small conversation before she breathed a green mist over the couple that helped to heal them some but as much as they would have needed to survive. He promissed that he would come back and check on them before moving off to more patients.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-09-2017, 03:13 AM

Erwan watched Hayden for another second, judging him silently to see just how true his words were. Hayden was younger than either he or Chance and less experienced. Of course seeing pain like this must affect him, but still, he wouldn't call the younger male out on it. It would embarrass and undermine the sense of strength that Hayden was trying to portray. Respecting that, Erwan finally nodded. "Alright. But even if you're not hungry, you should listen to Chance," he advised. He dragged a hand through his hair, nodding once to Chance.

"You're rather convincing so I'll say that this time you win." A faint grin crossed his face at Chance's story, a tired sort of smile, but not as tense as before they started tending to the villagers. Erwan continued to act natural in a way that he hadn't before and yet the wall never completely dropped either. He kept his front side to Chance and his attention sharp, always sharp in a surrounding like this. "It's not that I minded resting in the first place. Since lunch is offered, it would be rude to deny, correct?"

Erwan turned his gaze back to Hayden, but didn't have a chance to say more when Chance pulled them into a hug like they were lovers, or brothers. He turned away, almost dodging the kiss to his temple before the other man let them go. It felt strange and he opened his mouth, about to chide Chance, but seeing a weariness in the man's eyes, he sighed and decided against it. Instead, he grabbed Hayden's hand and offered him a smile. "Come on. Let's go back to where we left our 'friends' and eat some fish. You'll feel more like yourself them, I promise." With that, he turned away and headed out of the village where their dragons waited. Laila stayed with Chance, though he didn't mind. Even if Chance didn't promise to run, he trusted that he wouldn't. Erwan almost....no, he shook the thought free. He didn't feel any other sort of emotion now.

Reaching the clearing, he ran a hand along Rornigoth's horns before sitting at his paws. He kept his eyes on Hayden, only sparing the village one backwards glance. "Have you ever seen damage like this up close before?" Erwan sighed, dropped his head for a second before straightening his back again in order to appear strong. In front of Hayden, he needed to be the stronger one.

Rhys Luna Emweise
Nightstalker

Old 08-09-2017, 09:17 AM

Hayden stiffened slightly when Chance pulled him into a hug, though quickly relaxed, almost leaning into the older man. Almost. He wouldn't give in to that need for comfort, couldn't let himself, or else he'd break down completely. With a faint blush tinging his cheeks pink, he watched Chance as Erwan dragged him away, a little reluctant to leave. There were still villagers who needed their help.

In the clearing, he sat, curling up against his dragon. Liyiath curled around him, resting his scaly head on Hayden's lap. He might be heavy, but it was a comforting weight and helped distract Hayden. He glanced up when Erwan spoke, shaking his head slowly. "Never.... I've never even been this far from home." He said, dropping his head to rest atop Liyiath's, stroking the scales lightly. He gave a small smile when he basically nuzzled into the touch, grateful that he didn't try asking him what the matter was. "Have you..?" He asked after a moment of silence, lifting his head to watch Erwan, seeing the man struggle with his own inner turmoil.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-12-2017, 12:57 AM

Erwan nodded his head once, continuing to watch Hayden. As expected, the younger male had little experience in the harsher realities of war. No, war wasn't the right word. No people were, or should be at war now. Only a few wanted to start one within their own kingdom, the end goal not clear at all to Erwan. He only wanted order and peace. "No. At least, not to this degree or so close. Only from a distance have I see the real damages that dragons can do." He didn't try to save face himself because he wasn't a god among riders, or particularly experienced himself. The fact that he also had not seen and gotten used to pain, was not something he needed to hide. Pulling out his water flask, he took a drink, then sighed, his head falling back to rest against Rornigoth.

"If it makes you feel unwell, you should try to drink some water and eat bread. Chance is right. There's no point for either of us to run ourselves ragged just because we want to help. That guy though..." He sighed again. He still really didn't know what to do about Chance or the claims that he had made.

Rhys Luna Emweise
Nightstalker

Old 08-12-2017, 01:09 AM

He wasn't sure what it was exactly, but hearing Erwan's admission of inexperience calmed Hayden. He relaxed slightly under the weight of his dragons head, giving his mentor a small smile before it quickly faded at the mention of food. "No... i-if I eat, it'll only come back up...." he said, shaking his head in refusal, though he did grab his own flask, taking a few small sips from it. Hayden gave a slight nod at the mention of Chance. "He worries me... its not that hes a rebel, but... hes pushing himself so hard through this... and despite our differing positions, hes so willing to trust us... I mean, for all he knows, we could go home and lead others to this village, or back to his home directly.... What does he see in us, Erwan?"

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-14-2017, 08:23 PM

Erwan sighed, not bothering to fight Hayden about the food. Hayden might be younger than him, but he wasn't a kid. He didn't need Erwan to tell him what to do. So, opening cloth around some bread he'd saved in his pack, he ate by himself. No matter how much the damage here might have shocked him, it wouldn't get all the way under his skin. He wouldn't let it, at least. "Does he trust us though?" Erwan shook his head, feeling like he needed to voice that. "Chance is...I wonder if it is the circumstances that we met under. If this happened any other way, would he seem so kind to us?" he murmured. Kind wasn't quite it though. Chance seemed fascinated, or maybe taken was a better word. But Erwan did not think that Chance completely trusted them just the same as he did not trust Chance. And yet. Erwan bit his lip, hesitating for a second before he continued speaking. "He makes me worry though. A man should listen to his own advice...."

Rhys Luna Emweise
Nightstalker

Old 08-14-2017, 10:05 PM

Hayden cocked his head to the side. "What dyou mean he should follow his own advice? About resting?" He asked, not wuite following his mentors train of thought. Watching the other male eat caused Haydens stomach to protest the emptiness, though he knew he'd likely get sick when they went back into the village if he ate now. He'd have something at dinner time, perhaps, if they got home in time. "Erwan... whatre we going to do? If we stay and help the villagers, we'll be questioned about what took us so long to return... but... We cant leave them..."

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-19-2017, 11:13 PM

Erwan flashed a quick smile that didn't answer anything. Was it meant as hope, or just a show of how in trouble they might actually be? Even he couldn't say himself except that he couldn't help but flash that small, mysterious smile. "Mostly yes, that he is worrisome in his obsession. For others and for himself. Chance should also join us in rest." For a minute, Erwan considered finding the other man and telling him so. While it wasn't within Erwan's right to order him, he felt a desire to do so. But would it help? Shaking his head at himself, he took another minute to answer Hayden's second question. "Well..." he mused. "We should tell them the truth when questioned." He knew it would not be a matter of if, but when. Even so, he did not show nerves at the thought. "I don't intend to tell you what truth you should tell, or if you want to lie. But it is the job of us riders to protect the realm and maintain order. Have we not done that today?" It was as simple as that. It did not matter who wronged in the first place. They served and protected.

Rhys Luna Emweise
Nightstalker

Old 08-20-2017, 12:06 AM

Hayden shook his head, biting his lip. "But... if they attacked this village, then we're going to get in trouble for helping them... especially using all our supplies, without having orders to help..." he said softly, a little bit scared. He'd seen punishment to others for disobeying orders. He certainly did not want to be on the receiving end of that. He curled in on himself slightly, looking like a lost, scared little kid- which, really, thats all he was still, at only nineteen, on only his third official mission and first mating flight.

Last edited by Rhys Luna Emweise; 08-20-2017 at 11:27 PM..

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-23-2017, 07:54 PM

"We don't know what happened here," Erwan bit out, a little harsher than he meant. He breathed deep, regaining his calm persona again. "We only know what Chance has told us and what we have seen with our own eyes. And that is the truth that we will tell. Did we see this village burn? Did the full story truly unfold before us...?" he trailed off, almost musing to himself with a sigh. But then, he couldn't say for certain what would happen after this. He believed in his own particular brand of order and honor more than anything else though and he expected nothing less from the guard he so adored. In his own eyes, they had little to fear. However, he had more faith to rest on than Hayden. The boy looked scared and Erwan lacked any words to sooth them except the words of a leader.

Sighing again, he rested a hand on the younger man's shoulder, squeezing slightly. It was not a gesture lacking in comfort, but also formal in a way. The comfort of comrades rather than friends. After a second, Erwan turned his gaze away. "You just need some space to breathe. I should probably go find Chance..."

Rhys Luna Emweise
Nightstalker

Old 08-24-2017, 01:04 PM

Hayden lifted a hand, placing it on top of Erwan's to stop him from pulling away, giving it a little squeeze beforeletting go. "I... This... its just so much, yknow?" He said softly, lookiing up at Erwan. "So much in one day... its exhausting..." he looked away again, flushing slightly in shame as he felt the tears begin to slip down his cheeks. He mentally cursed himself for being so emotionally weak.

Kat Dakuu
hyperactive catdemon

Penpal

Old 08-28-2017, 12:21 AM

Erwan met Hayden's eyes for a second before he turned his gaze away. When Hayden looked at him like that, he couldn't quite look him in the eye. For some reason, it hurt and Erwan couldn't even explain why. He just felt so guilty and bothered because in some way he might be responsible for how events turned out. He knew that was silly. How could he be responsible for any of this? Shaking his head, he pulled his hand away and stepped back the way they had come.

"I'll be back in a few minutes. I just want to see what Chance is doing all this time. He worries me as much as you do..." Erwan shook his head again. "You should still try to eat something," he sighed. This was for the best. He couldn't let Hayden get too attached to him because he would never get what he wanted out of it. That just wasn't...the kind of man he was. With a last lingering look, he turned away to head back into the village, leaving Hayden behind.

Kilia
(^(エ)^)

Old 08-28-2017, 05:01 PM

Chance chuckled at the words spoken to him. He wasn't trying to be convincing, far from it, he was only trying to use his common sense even if he lacked it in his own personal decisions. Though a true smile was not far from his face as Erwan admitted that he had won, he felt as if that was something very rare for the older male to admit. "That it would be. Least you want to deal with her." he teased as he jerked his thumb to the white furred dragon, earning himself a small whack with her tail, which only caused him to laugh.

As he worked, he spoke with Laila through their mental bond, not thinking on what the other two were doing while they were away. He had not shared anything of major value with them other than himself and his dear dragon. He did not feel as if the dragon guards would betray him or run off to only come back to bring the whole guard back to kill everyone here and take them captive.

"Hmmm....I know Laila, but they could bring the whole guard down upon us right now if they wanted to do so." he thought to her as he continued to work. A small sigh escaped, shoulders slumping as his weariness seemed to only grow with each passing moment.

"Chance....the heat is different for all of us. I do not think they hate you and would do that. From what I can tell they mean well." Laila huffed to him while she rubbed her cheek against his back in an affectionate manner. She spread her feather wings to shade him even further from the sun, wrapping her tail around his waist to keep him steady on his feet.

"Yes, but they had no real choice with the heat upon all of us. They don't exactly like me either. I mean I really do like them and I would rather wish they were on our side. We both know that will not happen with how stubborn they seem to be." he sighed mentally as he dressed the wounds on a young boy who was missing an arm.

"None of us can choose who we mate with during the heat. Well I mean we sort of can but still not really so. I rather like both those male dragons myself. They will father great eggs, although the red one is rather large and could probably really injure me if he is not careful. That is not the point here! We are talking about your growing infatuation with the human males. It has only been half a day since you met them. Do you really think that it is healthy to let your heart feel this way?" she asked him gently as she prodded him into thinking about it.

Chance gently nudge her head out of his way as he moved on to the next patient, letting her words sink as he thought on why he was becoming more taken with Hayden and Erwan the more time he spent with them both. Sure, they had spent a wonderfully intimate moment with each other, though it had not lasted as long as he liked as they had come to their senses. He would not mind a repeat of that incident as it was a very hot and steamy moment that he thought was worth repeating, multiple times. He gave a small groan as he rubbed at his face, losing himself as best he could in his work.

As the day grew later, his mind kept going over what they had done earlier even as he worked. He didn't notice when and if they had come back to check on him, sighing heavily once more as he tried his best to focus on what he was doing and not what he wanted to do at the moment.