Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-20-2013, 11:16 PM

Hey guys. How's it going here in the mountains?

scholar
yes, really

Old 05-20-2013, 11:16 PM

It is a lovely, quiet day. We must be pretty high up; sound doesn't travel very far so even the birdsong has that lovely, muffled up-in-the-mountains sound.

musasgal
The ever changing Fairy of Mene ...
Penpal

Old 05-20-2013, 11:17 PM

this is going to be interesting though....

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-20-2013, 11:21 PM

It is beautiful and peaceful up here. I have missed the mountains so much, though the prairie has its own beauty.

scholar
yes, really

Old 05-20-2013, 11:24 PM

Silver, I agree: I drove across the country one September, and Oklahoma was probably the most gorgeous part of it all.

I'm moving to the mountains myself, soon, in real life! One of the old small California mining towns. It smells so good up there, of manzanita and redwood and that lovely red dirt... it smells like camping, honestly.

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 05-20-2013, 11:25 PM

Ah, what a nice little lodge house. I haven't been up to the hills in ages.
If we're going dragon watching, I definitely want to tag along. I would cuddle a dragon so much. :3

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-20-2013, 11:25 PM

Aww that is awesome. I grew up in Washington and Oregon and I miss the mountains. It took me a while to adjust to the flatness of the Midwest. I need to go visit the mountains, my fiance has never seen them. He has been in the Midwest pretty much his whole life.

LilMissSunshine

Old 05-20-2013, 11:27 PM

I don't think I've seen a Menewshan dragon before. O:

scholar
yes, really

Old 05-20-2013, 11:27 PM

Never been to the mountains! You should bring him here! :D

I lived in Holland for a time myself, and the flatness was unnerving. I've always lived near at least rolling hills. I think growing up surrounded by hills and mountains is the reason I'm a bit agoraphobic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMissSunshine View Post
I don't think I've seen a Menewshan dragon before. O:
Dragon? Where!? There hasn't been a dragon in these parts for over a thousand yea—

maidenroseheart
Can I please come down? ~Simple ...

Old 05-20-2013, 11:29 PM

Hello everyone! Let me get the spamming parts of this out of the way.

*walks into the thread*

"How are you?" Okay, everyone is either fine or tired... and can't help them ever with that so...

Now that that is done, I just want to comment on how I absolutely love this location :) I'm a huge fan off the mountains and having trips through them. When I was a little girl and lived in NE Washington, my mom would take my twin brother and I out hiking. Sometimes we even went camping. Miss those days a lot.

scholar - I'm so envious of you. Hope you enjoy your move there. Are you used to moving to new places?

silver- The prairie does have it's own beauty. The people who say the midwest is bland and boring don't know what they are missing when they visit. I just had a debate with someone the other week about the food too... he said it tasted like dust and I said he had burned off his tastebuds with spicy food and could no longer detect the subtle but enjoyable flavors.

musas - Always interesting indeed. What do you find the most interesting so far? I would love to hear both your observations as well as your opinions. Both would make lovely insights I think.

---------- Post added 05-21-2013 at 08:30 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chexala View Post
Ah, what a nice little lodge house. I haven't been up to the hills in ages.
If we're going dragon watching, I definitely want to tag along. I would cuddle a dragon so much. :3
lol you speak of dragons as enjoyable creatures... but don't they scare you just a little bit? Like a lion or grizzly bear would only faster because they fly? I would love to ride one if I thought it was trained to be around humans without harming them.

scholar
yes, really

Old 05-20-2013, 11:31 PM

maiden- We're far too used to moving! I calculated it up once, and my husband and I have moved house or relocated the bulk of our belongings from one storage locker to another about 15 times since we met ten years ago. This is going to be the first time we move to a bigger place instead of a smaller. I'm so, so, SO excited.

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 05-20-2013, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maidenroseheart View Post
lol you speak of dragons as enjoyable creatures... but don't they scare you just a little bit? Like a lion or grizzly bear would only faster because they fly? I would love to ride one if I thought it was trained to be around humans without harming them.
Not in the slightest. Certainly they are powerful and intelligent and deserve respect, but I have a life-long love of and affinity for dragons. Sometimes I feel like I am a dragon, in a way, lol.

Also, I would love to cuddle a lion or a bear. I admit that they are kinda scary, but only because you can't communicate with them like you can with dragons. If only I could tell them I just want to hang out and be buddies, I'm sure they would understand.

(Lol, I would actually be pretty freaked out to meet a dragon in real life. Still love them though.)

LilMissSunshine

Old 05-20-2013, 11:41 PM

@maiden, ahh yes terribly sorry >___< I didn't realize I was spamming. mybad.
@scholar, wait what? O: Did you see a dragon??!?!?!

scholar
yes, really

Old 05-20-2013, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Not in the slightest. Certainly they are powerful and intelligent and deserve respect, but I have a life-long love of and affinity for dragons. Sometimes I feel like I am a dragon, in a way, lol.

Also, I would love to cuddle a lion or a bear. I admit that they are kinda scary, but only because you can't communicate with them like you can with dragons. If only I could tell them I just want to hang out and be buddies, I'm sure they would understand.

(Lol, I would actually be pretty freaked out to meet a dragon in real life. Still love them though.)
Cuddle a lion? No, thanks! I've watched enough videos of Big Cat Rescue in Florida (check them out on YouTube; the videos are fantastic) to realize that as much as I fantasize about having my own personal Aslan or pet tiger, they are actually wild animals who, even if you can communicate to them that you want to hang out, aren't able to form the kinds of attachments which domestic animals do; as a result, they're likely to turn on you and try to eat you with no warning.

Sad, but true. :)

So I stick to my pet kitties.

Speaking of which, does this lodge have a lodge cat around to cuddle or ignore us?

Silver Storm
Carry On My Wayward Son
Penpal

Old 05-20-2013, 11:43 PM

Maiden - My mom was never happy out here but I think that's just because she never gave it a chance. It took me a bit to get used to it, but I will admit that my favorite place in the Midwest so far is the Flint Hills area around camp.

scholoar - I have never actually been to California. My uncle used to live down there and every time my mom went to visit, for some reason or another, I could never go. My poor man hasn't seen the ocean either.

LilMissSunshine

Old 05-20-2013, 11:48 PM

@silver, never seen the ocean?! D: You should definitely go at least once! :3 I've never lived in the plains or prairie, but it sounds extremely peaceful!

AzuraX
*^_^*

Old 05-20-2013, 11:49 PM

Oh the mountains are pretty cool~ I like the picture that was used.

Veno
Miss Mad Hatta

Old 05-20-2013, 11:50 PM

Maiden; I agree this is the best location yet. <3 I wonder how many pages we can make it to this week. :3

Hope everyone is doing okay.

Scholar; I love your avatar. It's super cute!

Chexala
cat whisperer

Penpal

Old 05-20-2013, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scholar View Post
Cuddle a lion? No, thanks! I've watched enough videos of Big Cat Rescue in Florida (check them out on YouTube; the videos are fantastic) to realize that as much as I fantasize about having my own personal Aslan or pet tiger, they are actually wild animals who, even if you can communicate to them that you want to hang out, aren't able to form the kinds of attachments which domestic animals do; as a result, they're likely to turn on you and try to eat you with no warning.

Sad, but true. :)

So I stick to my pet kitties.

Speaking of which, does this lodge have a lodge cat around to cuddle or ignore us?
Lol, I know. They are definitely wild animals who are as likely to kill you as ignore you. Still, I have this fantasy...

Veno
Miss Mad Hatta

Old 05-20-2013, 11:59 PM

xD You're a danger lover.

blueblackrose
Take my darkest fears and play t...

Penpal
Send a message via MSN to blueblackrose

Old 05-21-2013, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jellysundae View Post
Don't frame Wishie either!! What's the matter with you people
Wear Justin Bieber masks so that he can take the rap for his own death.

Veno
Miss Mad Hatta

Old 05-21-2013, 12:07 AM

xD you're hilarious BBR and you look fabulous!!!! just saying. <3

maidenroseheart

Old 05-21-2013, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scholar View Post
maiden- We're far too used to moving! I calculated it up once, and my husband and I have moved house or relocated the bulk of our belongings from one storage locker to another about 15 times since we met ten years ago. This is going to be the first time we move to a bigger place instead of a smaller. I'm so, so, SO excited.
That really must be a relief. I had moved about 14 times in the first 10 years of my life. Now that I am an adult, it doesn't seem so bad. At the same time though, there is only so much stress you can handle in an amount of time that comes with moving. You must feel like a pro at it now.

Quote:

There is a zoo somewhere, South American maybe?, where they have animals such as lions that you can cuddle with. I saw the pictures and read the story and it was amazing. Needless to say though, the government kinda wants to shut them down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMissSunshine View Post
@maiden, ahh yes terribly sorry >___< I didn't realize I was spamming. mybad.
@scholar, wait what? O: Did you see a dragon??!?!?!
I wasn't saying you in particular was spamming, and I went back to your last post and saw you had at least a sentence, so to me that isn't spamming...

It is just that a lot of threads have only a few words like "enters the thread," "sneaks into the thread," "wanders into the thread," streaks into the thread," or a LOT of "hello all, how are you?" repeatedly with no conversation whatsoever... makes it hard for me to talk to people when they are just going "hi" "hi" "hi" the whole time.

Forgive me if I seem rude, that is something I don't want to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Storm View Post
Maiden - My mom was never happy out here but I think that's just because she never gave it a chance. It took me a bit to get used to it, but I will admit that my favorite place in the Midwest so far is the Flint Hills area around camp.

scholoar - I have never actually been to California. My uncle used to live down there and every time my mom went to visit, for some reason or another, I could never go. My poor man hasn't seen the ocean either.
Those flint hills are truly wonderful and enjoyable. I'm sorry about your mother. I didn't know she was unhappy. For me and my family, we grew up in the midwest. To us it is wonderful. However to not be from the area... it is understandable why that would be a difficult change.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliciously Ravenous View Post
Maiden; I agree this is the best location yet. <3 I wonder how many pages we can make it to this week. :3

Hope everyone is doing okay.

Scholar; I love your avatar. It's super cute!
Probably more if we really work on it. I found that by taking the time to respond to people and if possible ask them questions about themselves or to share a story increases the space used on each page as well as earns me more gold. So that should go a long way to getting more pages as well as giving something for people to respond to.

It is a wonder that we moved to the mountains. Am curious was inspired the change, but whatever the reason, am grateful for it.

*Starts setting up smores supplies for everyone*

Veno
Miss Mad Hatta

Old 05-21-2013, 12:10 AM

Maiden; I always love reading your posts. They have substance <3 Just like you said. Hopefully it will be the most posted in community thread hangout yet. :D lol
:D I love the fact its in the mountains. It's for sure a change of pace. maybe it'll be the beach next time. With summer time coming about and all.

Mmm smores,. I wonder if smores would be good with the mint marshmellows or the fruity ones?

maidenroseheart

Old 05-21-2013, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deliciously Ravenous View Post
Maiden; I always love reading your posts. They have substance <3 Just like you said. Hopefully it will be the most posted in community thread hangout yet. :D lol
:D I love the fact its in the mountains. It's for sure a change of pace. maybe it'll be the beach next time. With summer time coming about and all.

Mmm smores,. I wonder if smores would be good with the mint marshmellows or the fruity ones?
Oh darling, that makes me feel really happy. Thank you for your kind words. It was a worry that perhaps buttons were being pushed instead of assistance being given.

The mountains gives a lot of room for roleplaying in this thread if we choose to do so. Paintballing, campfire stories, star gazing... you name it.

Maiden's eyes widened at the thought of mint marshmellows. Grabbing Raven by the shoulders, Maiden squealed, "They make mint marshmellows?!" Running back inside to check the pantry, Maiden pulls out a bag triumphantly and returns outside with it. Placing it besides the other ingrediants, she grins happily and then heads to pull out the grill to set it up nearby. "Tonight we can have a campfire, grilled food, and good company. What else do we need? Wait! Does anyone play guitar?!"