Usuri
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-07-2008, 03:29 AM

@ Jali:I used to draw on everything but then it got annoying because I couldn't read my notes and stuff anymore. xD

Majinkoz
(^._.^)ノ

Old 02-10-2008, 06:19 PM

Oh my gosh. D:

Your art is amazing...I love how you do the eyes with the big lashes....it's very good. :) Out of curiosity what were you coloring with? It kind of looked like crayon. Is it? Because you're really good with crayon then haha.

And as for that girl's quote...I didn't really understand what she was says...would you explain?

edit: nevermind I went back and read a little bit...gerrr, that makes me mad because your art is very unique and just...I don't know I think it's great.

evlasha
*^_^*

Old 02-13-2008, 09:51 AM

^^ I randomly popped into this forum but...

>:O You're art is beautiful!!! I love the way you draw the eyes :3 That girl must be blind or something ><... But yes, you should just ignore her. People need to learn to be more grateful even if they're not too partial to the gift they're getting. Just ignore her. She doesn't deserve your attention. ^^ -hugs-

Oh and lol @ drawing all over your notes. I used to doodle all over the margins and it'd end up bleeding into my notes so I eventually got a little notepad for my doodles. The problem is I only seem to be able to doodle on my notes >< Once I get blank white paper my hand refuses to draw or something :(

Jeshikah
⊙ω⊙
Send a message via MSN to Jeshikah

Old 02-13-2008, 07:33 PM

Man, what a bitch! I feel the same way about my art. :( I hate when people are just flat out rude, we're doing a service, we should have a little respect.

Some Random Randomness
Absolutely Malignificient King o...

Old 02-13-2008, 09:39 PM

Not rude, stupid!

I think you have an adorable style! And I can't believe she was stupid enough just to give up that art. O.o

tehrin
*^_^*
Send a message via AIM to tehrin Send a message via MSN to tehrin

Old 02-13-2008, 10:01 PM

I tried to run a request thread, and I didn't get any art that I really wanted to buy. But quite honestly, if you had posted in there, I would've bought something from you. :O Your art is very lovely. I just wouldn't want it to be drawn on lined paper (although it does give it a very funky look, so I'm not sure on that. XD)

A lot of people on Gaia like chibis, moe style, and just cutesy anime. :/ I've been turned down A LOT because I don't draw like that... and it kind of offends me when people expect me to do that.

The other day someone randomly IMed me asking about avi art. They asked how much I charged. I told them that I charge nothing less than 50k for shoulders and up, colored with no background, and then 75k for halfbody, and 100k for full body, double for couples. XD He was like "What about chibis?"

I think he was offended that I don't draw chibis, or I charge that much. But you know, if I'm going to draw your crappy avatar, It had better be worth my while. XDD

That aside, I just stopped posting in request threads. Maybe try opening up your own temp shop? I've found that to be more successful. Then, just draw on plain white paper. Your scans are very neat and clean, so I can't see why anyone wouldn't want to buy your art. :o Then, once you've got some good avatar samples that have better presentation, you might have more luck in request threads.

Usuri
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-13-2008, 11:20 PM

@ Majinkoz: thankies

not its crappy color pencils, Lol.

xD

@ evlasha: are you sure you're just not stalking me?

J/K

thankies though *hugs*

you bleed on your notes? why? bloody nose?

@Jeshikah: lol. yea, rude people make me angry

~( - * 3 * - )~

@ Some Random Randomness: xD

stupid? I don't think so but thank you~~

I really appreciate it.

@ tehrin: Lol. thankies.

I don't do commissions on lined paper though, its just that these examples were from my planner.

I don't do chibi's either. well not really. chibi proportions are really hard, which is pretty ironic. and if I do draw them I just draw headshots.

xD

but I seriously agree, if we're gonna draw it, it should be worth it for us or else whats the point.

ScarletStratholme
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-14-2008, 03:06 AM

Your art is ok, and yeah that is really rude of her. That plus her sentence barely made sense. -.o'

I agree completely that if it's free, and the person was asking for freebies, they should stfu and accept it graciously. I've never turned down freebies or been rude about them; hell I've turned around and done freebies in return where the mats costed me about $40.00 That's completely douchebag of em to be asking for doodles then shoot you down for trying to be nice.

It's people like that which remind me never to do freebies, because when you do freebies, people take em for granted and spit on ya. -mutter mutter ramble ramble-

Din
⊙ω⊙

Old 02-15-2008, 06:07 PM

That's pretty cold-blooded.
I bet she can't draw any better than you can.

Wrenja
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-16-2008, 07:26 AM

That's kind of a nasty thing to say. Looking at your pieces there is nothing to be ashamed of, and really she has no basis to be so rude to you. That was really out of line, and I hope you said something about it. You don't need to be rude about it, but when you're going out of your way for someone, they have no right to say anything like that.

I wouldn't worry too much about it though, karma has a way of biting people in the ass ;)

Usuri
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-16-2008, 07:51 AM

@ ScarletStratholme: *nodnod*

>_> . . <_< . .

it wasn't free though

@ Din: I agree that was pretty mean

@ Wrenja: Thanks :3

Sun
(っ◕‿◕)&...
Send a message via MSN to Sun

Old 02-16-2008, 08:25 AM

I think that was totally uncalled for. Your art is lovely...I'd cut off a finger to have skills such as yours. But then, that wouldn't be much good for drawing would it?
^_^;

Usuri
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-16-2008, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun
I think that was totally uncalled for. Your art is lovely...I'd cut off a finger to have skills such as yours. But then, that wouldn't be much good for drawing would it?
^_^;
thankies

._________.'''

don't cut off a finger though

* U *

Luumi
*^_^*

Old 02-17-2008, 03:00 AM

If she didn't want you to draw something, she should have just said, "Thanks, but your style isn't my favorite," (Or at least something along those lines) instead of a blunt insult to your talent.
I think your art is gorgeous, by the way. I don't know why someone wouldn't like it.

Mimi Lara
ʘ‿ʘ
Banned

Old 02-17-2008, 03:28 AM

You're art is really good, but even if it wasn't there are much politer ways to tell someone you dont like there art.

Usuri
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-17-2008, 03:46 AM

@ Luumi: I agree that she didn't need to say it like that.

and thanks

* U *

@ Mimi Lara: Thankies

:3

Takuto
\ (•◡•) /
Send a message via AIM to Takuto Send a message via MSN to Takuto

Old 02-17-2008, 10:41 PM

I seem to never do Commission anymore because of the fact that many people have very harsh criticism. All they have to say was that they didn't like the style or something and move on. There's no need to do a rude remark unless the artist asks for it. Your art is very nice though! :D.

Usuri
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 02-17-2008, 11:08 PM

@ Takuto: aww you stopped because of that?

:/

thats terrible

and thanks

♥

ScarletStratholme
\ (•◡•) /

Old 02-29-2008, 02:12 AM

I dunno. I hate doing art for forums because 1) I don't know how to price it. 2) People have ridiculous requests... 3) I'm not sure if they received it.. 4) There's almost always some silly issue about "zomg you can't sell RL things for RP gold"... -_-' Though if you think about it...RL things >>>>> RP gold.
Example:
Luciole or ShoSho's art...they can easily sell just PRINTS of it for like $20.00...and the original?...yeah try a hundred USD or so. Hold onto it for another 30 years and it'll probably triple in value.

RP things? Psssh, you couldn't sell em on Ebay even if you wanted to--1) Mods would nail you to a cross for it and possibly pour oil on you and set it on fire.. 2) Uh, nobody I know of will pay RL $$ for a forum pixelated item. -.o'
--------------------
This may sound weird but I kind of suggest not doing as much art for gold since people then get all high and mighty about the playgold they pay you, and spam you if they so much as dislike a single hair on the heads of their characters that you drew for them. -_-'

Maybe freebies if you want to, but definately don't have to. I'd just chatter, get to know people. Freebies for your closest friends here, possibly, and that's about it.

You'll be happier that way I think. And that way, you get to keep your own pieces. I know I feel really sad if I do something beautiful for someone and they don't appreciate it. When people tell me a painting of mine isn't how they wanted it, or it's "not their style" or somesuch...I actually feel like I've sent my child off to foster parents that abuse it or something. o_O'

Parasol
Dead Account Holder
Send a message via AIM to Parasol

Old 03-02-2008, 06:25 AM

Wow, that really is amazingly rude.

I so would have gave her a piece of my mind.

rampartte
(。⌒∇⌒)&...

Old 03-04-2008, 12:18 AM

I just wanted to let you know Urusi that whoever said that to you has no taste at all. Your artwork is absolutely gorgeous! She should have felt lucky you would offer to render any sketch for it at all!

So I say ignorant people like that should just be ignored. You are aware of your own talent, and should not let them get you down. ^__^

Usuri
(っ◕‿◕)&...

Old 03-04-2008, 12:22 AM

@ everyone who's posted: thanks for all your support

:3

I appreciate it

♥

Mrs_beckett
(-.-)zzZ

Old 03-04-2008, 01:27 AM

Wow....your art and your avatar are amazing!And your art is very beautiful.Heh,I'm kind of done and I don't really know what that rude girl meant. xD;

Fin Raziel
⊙ω⊙

Old 03-05-2008, 12:48 PM

Aww... That really was rude! She should have just said something noncommittal, such as, "I'll think it over..." That's what I do... ^^;

Compromised Evil
Dead Account Holder

Old 03-05-2008, 03:44 PM

Your art is amazing~!
I can't believe how rude she was!